**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Dev Diary: Introducing a new Team Select and Map Preview Screen Flow

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★
    I really love this feature makes cav teams easier than always goingin then quitting just to set a team for that quest of nodes.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,778 ★★★★★

AsimDXB said:

2. When playing Book 1, if I restart or complete any quest, by default the screen get pushed to Book 2 (those who have it enabled). We have to press Back, click Book 1, select the Act and again dig that quest or the next one. Please make the screen stays at that same Act/Quest and not jump to Book 2.

This sounds more like a bug to me so thanks for letting me know about it. Made a ticket for it and I think I know what the issue is.
    Happy to say I managed to get this into 32.3(next month's build) so will not bother ya'll for much longer.
    That's such a nice QOL change.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,728 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Upon finishing a chapter and you hit the 'Play Next' you are automatically taken to the next chapter without the team preview. It will help a lot specially when doing the cav difficulty

It's an odd balance to strike. The popup does already have 3 buttons there so adding a new one might just start to look cluttered. If we just changed the functionality of "Play Next", then for every quest, the preview function would happen. For many quests, I would gather people wouldn't want that functionality. If you were just clearing some of the lower-level content would you want us to force you back to preview each time between quests?

I totally see the issue though just not too sure of the best solution.
    I would replace the "open crystal" button with "preview next" because a) that button doesn't really belong in the UI flow really and b) I suspect it is a rarely used button.
    Agreed.
  • Can that change for 32.3 (not automatically reverting to Book-2 while just doing earlier Acts in Book-1), can that be applied to not automatically reverting to uppermost Difficulty in Monthly EQ as well ?

If doing lesser Difficulties, unless you directly press Repeat or Play Next, if just going back to the Selection screens instead (maybe because want to change up roster, for different objectives, but still on Beginner or Normal) it always goes back to topmost Difficulty upon finishing a quest.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    This is awesome. It has been a huge qol improvement for me. I love this feature. Thank you to the team that put this together its amazing!
  • I've spent so much Money on this game. And yet u continue to screw US. I just spent 60 on the Archangel bundle and got 9 3* and 1 4*. Tell me how is that fair to me. Why are the 3* even in the crytals. That's not cool at all.
  • Oh good, there's a bug that breaks the fundamental mechanics of the game, but instead of exhausting all resources possible on fixing it, you guys wasted effort on a small feature that's extremely unnecessary given the circumstances.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

@kabam Zero, can you explain why the asking for help process in the arena takes sometimes longer or shorter ?

For example: in the current build (and the one before I think), you always have to wait until the green “help requested” animation disappears before you can click on the next champ.

In the build before the last one, you could “spam” clicking on the green help-“cross” which was way way faster. It’s like the helping animation was simply skipped somehow. Do you know why this happens and whether or not there are some plans for the future of this process? There is Definitely room for QoL changes.

Thanks 😊

My guess without having done a deep dive is it would depend on how long the server call takes. Each time a help request is made it sends a request to the server and then the server has to respond back. Until the server gets back we lock the interface to stop the game from getting into a bad state. So depending on how long that server call takes it could take a bit longer or shorter to do them. Hope that explains it.
    can we make more suggestions? i'm a person who never asks for arena help. is there a way to disable it? it's tiring having to wade through all the used champs to get to the champs that can fight. asking for help takes too much time and is not worth it
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

@kabam Zero, can you explain why the asking for help process in the arena takes sometimes longer or shorter ?

For example: in the current build (and the one before I think), you always have to wait until the green “help requested” animation disappears before you can click on the next champ.

In the build before the last one, you could “spam” clicking on the green help-“cross” which was way way faster. It’s like the helping animation was simply skipped somehow. Do you know why this happens and whether or not there are some plans for the future of this process? There is Definitely room for QoL changes.

Thanks 😊

My guess without having done a deep dive is it would depend on how long the server call takes. Each time a help request is made it sends a request to the server and then the server has to respond back. Until the server gets back we lock the interface to stop the game from getting into a bad state. So depending on how long that server call takes it could take a bit longer or shorter to do them. Hope that explains it.
    can we make more suggestions? i'm a person who never asks for arena help. is there a way to disable it? it's tiring having to wade through all the used champs to get to the champs that can fight. asking for help takes too much time and is not worth it
    People have been asking to remove the help mechanic for a long time. Either make it automatic or just remove it altogether. A filter to just view the usable champs will be an awesome addition. No more asking for help if you don't need to. Just filter out usable champs and keep grinding. Please look into this feature too. A filter in the items tab is something I have requested for some time to filter out class based ag, sig stones, boosts and so forth. Just a class based boost would be so helpful there. Just extend the filters we have for champs like star and class and it will be much more easy to navigate.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Thanks 😊

People have been asking to remove the help mechanic for a long time. Either make it automatic or just remove it altogether. A filter to just view the usable champs will be an awesome addition. No more asking for help if you don't need to. Just filter out usable champs and keep grinding. Please look into this feature too. A filter in the items tab is something I have requested for some time to filter out class based ag, sig stones, boosts and so forth. Just a class based boost would be so helpful there. Just extend the filters we have for champs like star and class and it will be much more easy to navigate.
    wow. never seen people ask about this before good to know.

there is a small workaround to this that is somewhat effective. in the featured arena i sort champs to 6*s and then click availability. pushes the usable champs to top and you wont see help button
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Thanks 😊

wow. never seen people ask about this before good to know.

there is a small workaround to this that is somewhat effective. in the featured arena i sort champs to 6*s and then click availability. pushes the usable champs to top and you wont see help button
    Only issue is it will sort according to rank and that's actually quite a bother for me. I usually just click help and move on. But, the last few weeks the game gets stuck and I need to restart to continue to play. So, I just stopped arena for the most part. Only do the milestones and for the objectives.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    so I've noticed something with this, and not to be trying to complain about a great option .. but :(

I've used preview a few times .. made my team selection, started the map .. get into the map .. only to notice a tempting/choice item (ie revive) on a path I wasn't planning for at the moment ... so .. exit .. re-select team .. re-enter, and go for the revive.

As a developer, I can easily guess why the items on the path don't show up during preview .. but just wanted to point it out .. perhaps a future enhancement? ;)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

so I've noticed something with this, and not to be trying to complain about a great option .. but :(

I've used preview a few times .. made my team selection, started the map .. get into the map .. only to notice a tempting/choice item (ie revive) on a path I wasn't planning for at the moment ... so .. exit .. re-select team .. re-enter, and go for the revive.

As a developer, I can easily guess why the items on the path don't show up during preview .. but just wanted to point it out .. perhaps a future enhancement? ;)

Zero actually addressed this earlier! He talked about it when someone asked a question about why can’t we begin the quest and move to the fight, from the preview screen instead of having a begin quest button.

“ This is one of those things that is sadly not as easy as it seems. To accomplish what we currently have I retrofitted the AVE map preview tech which has a cached version of the map data but is not the same map data that you get when you actually start the quest. This is why things like path rewards don't exist in the first implementation as that data is currently only received when the quest is started. If we were starting from scratch in designing the flow, this in my mind would be the ideal flow but would likely require large-scale changes in our server quest flow which would take a while and have a fair deal of risks to it bug-wise.”
  • dot_ditto said:

As BitterSteel mentioned it is a technical limitation rather than a design one that is blocking path-based rewards from showing. We are investigating solutions for this but may not be a quick fix.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,143 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zero - I quite enjoy this new feature but please consider deploying it into the older Book 1 & Book 2 story quests and the Back Issues quests soon. Thanks again and great work 🤘🏼
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

@Kabam Zero - I quite enjoy this new feature but please consider deploying it into the older Book 1 & Book 2 story quests and the Back Issues quests soon. Thanks again and great work 🤘🏼

Do people not read the thread? Someone has already said that and he answered that doing so involves redesigning every single quest. Not an easy thing to do.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

dot_ditto said:

As BitterSteel mentioned it is a technical limitation rather than a design one that is blocking path-based rewards from showing. We are investigating solutions for this but may not be a quick fix.
    ahh, gotcha .. did a quick search, but didn't find/see it ...
    as I said, as a developer, that doesn't surprise me ... without reading the explanation, I kind of already figured how you were doing it ;) heh

all good ..
    Thanks!