**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

More QoL Updates and Beta Features coming in v33.0!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Would be nice if auto-play button could be removable through settings.
  • Options

I really tried @Kabam Zero, but after a couple of fights I had to turn the beta off. This whole analysis thing is great if you want to know it, but in a lot of fights I don't care. Computing the stats just takes more time and adds little benefit to my playing experience. When this is live, can I shut it off?

I totally understand the feeling. Making the whole animation quicker/skippable is something we'll be looking to iterate on further versions. The goal still is to make this a universal screen but we don't want to have it be more frustrating than the existing one.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I really tried @Kabam Zero, but after a couple of fights I had to turn the beta off. This whole analysis thing is great if you want to know it, but in a lot of fights I don't care. Computing the stats just takes more time and adds little benefit to my playing experience. When this is live, can I shut it off?

I totally understand the feeling. Making the whole animation quicker/skippable is something we'll be looking to iterate on further versions. The goal still is to make this a universal screen but we don't want to have it be more frustrating than the existing one.
    Beta features not opted.
    When I finish a fight with autoplay, even the screen that shows hit count does not show up.although the victory animation is still there. Don't this this was the case pre update
  • Options
    sudeep9680sudeep9680 Posts: 194
    hi kabam, this is the first time I discussing about beta featured optin, I think this is necessary but I stopped of it, because there I got so every single other icon when I was playing with or against vision classic and vision age of ultron, and not him, but on every other fight like tigra, sasquatch and rupture damage heroes but in this new feature showing that is other icon and it not displaying rupture damage, and so that kindly I suggesting you to add rupture damage instead of other icon.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

@Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼

I have heard similar feedback elsewhere on this on so looking for solutions. Ideally, the solution is just to make it quicker/skippable. When I was a new user arena was one of the best ways to get exposure to new champs and their abilities so I don't want to take that completely away from them. On the flip side, I totally get the arena grinders goal of getting the most champs through fights as fast as possible so if you have ideas on that, would love to hear it.
    This suggestion eliminates the need to build up streak formula and allow us to use all rarity in different ranked position. Meaning we can use our lowly ranked champions without facing any Deathsquad while still continue racking in points.

The idea is that the system will initiate a fight. If the user win the fight then the system will automatically pick the next champion to continue fighting so instead of 3vs3 it’s 1vs1 which would eliminate the need for those multiple screen and multiple clicking just to start the next fight so with something like this.

- pick a champion to start a fight.

- no difficulty to pick as the system is adjusted to your champion’s PI of that specific rank meaning the system PI to face the opponent will not exceed 2x or 3x of the total user’s champion’s PI and remains 1x PI rate so the fight will start immediately when picking a champion to start a fight. To better explain it further with this part with an example is that if an user pick a champion that has an total PI of 3000 then the system will find a similar PI opponent ranging from 2800 PI ~ 3200-3500, but not in an over excess numbers such as facing from 9000PI to 15.000PI... be sensible. Masteries that increase the total PI also need to be counted in from both side.

- If the user win then the system will ask the user of two options with option 1 being asked to back out from arena to arena selection and option 2 being asked to continue fighting. If pressing option 2 to continue fighting then the system will automatically pick the user’s champion next in line to continue fighting creating a repeat stage as long the user either confirming option 1 or 2. So instead of winning 3vs3 fight and then proceed to the champion selection screen to only multiple clicking your way through the next fight and it may be nothing but in overtime it’s an burden since we want to shave off lots of time.

- if the user would somehow lose, with an exception of sudden crash then the crash recovery system shall kick in as usual when pressing the game app, then the system will ask the user with option 1 being asked to back out to arena selection, or home screen however KABAM find it fit IF the user has lost a fight, and option two being asked to return to arena selection screen in case the user would like to switch to another type of arena for example want to do t4bc arena and option 3 being asked to continue fighting.

Also the pause menu during fighting where it ask the user to unpause the game or forfeit the fight will still remains the same without any change.

This idea would shave off lots of times while also eliminating the streak formula and speeding things up with less screen visitation and less clicking through one to another. This also means that the help request system will be eliminated which would alleviate the server burden unless I confuse myself how this server issue connect with help request.
  • Options
    Drako232 said:

Hello everyone. Does anyone have any information about Christmas gifting? What conditions are needed now? LVL 25 and act 3? Or has something changed?

Nope for gift that kabam will do anything now means they are busy, Just check one more time if it not then reinstall it.
  • Options

MCOC Team said:

Hey Everyone

Kabam Zero here and today I’m really excited to be able to share with you 3 QoL features and one beta feature that will be coming with the upcoming 33.0 release on November 1st. Going to start off small but they’ll keep getting better and better, so strap in and let’s get to it!

Smaller Quest Portraits

There’s often been the complaint that occasionally in certain maps, the boss portrait will block the path, making it hard to tap on. We actively try to avoid putting this type of layout in newer quests but there are still quests that have this issue. To help address this we’ve now resized the portraits to be slightly shorter which should allow you to tap behind it easier.

Boost Menu Popup Improvements

Boosts are incredibly helpful for tackling tough content but the current way we present boosts to summoners can sometimes make it a cumbersome process. This is especially true in the case of those who have acquired a vast amount of different boosts. To help make this flow better we have split up all the boosts into 4 different tabs with the following logic.
    • Common, All standard Attack, Health, Champion, and XP boosts
    • War, All Boosts specifically restricted to Alliance War
    • Class, Any boost that has a Class restriction
    • Other, Any boost not in the above 3 categories
    The resulting screen will look like this.

If you have no boosts in a particular category and none of them can be purchased, then the tab will be hidden.
    Another note is that we’ve removed the Loyalty Tab here, but all of those boosts are still purchasable in the Store.

Skip SP3 Animation Button

Special Attack 3 animations are one of the most amazing parts of MCOC. The artists here work really hard on them, and it shows when you see them. As awesome as they are, after the 1000th time seeing Hyperion throw your opponent into the sky, the charm does wear off a bit. In these cases, we’d like to just get on with the fight and the SP3 Animation can drag the fight on longer than it should. To this end, we’ve now added an option in the settings menu to show the Skip SP3 button.

When enabled, shortly after an SP3 is launched the button will show up allowing you to skip it.

The only restriction will be in timed fights, where we are currently disabling it until we determine the effect on game balance.

Beta Feature - Fight Summary Overhaul

Continuing with one of our goals of improving players’ knowledge and comprehension of the core fight spine of the game we took aim at the Fight Summary screen. Currently, when you lose a fight it looks like this.

This doesn’t tell summoners what killed them or guide them in any way on how to improve. To fix this we set out to completely redesign the screen into something more like this.

Since there’s a lot of new things I will break it down part by part starting from the top.

Health Bars and Character Portraits

In this section, we’ve added the health bar so you’ll be able to see how the health of both fighters was at the end. In addition, you can tap the hero portrait of either champion to open their respective detailed abilities popup. This means you can dig into their abilities without leaving the screen.
    Top Damage Sources

In this section you’ll see the top 3 damage sources each champion received while in the fight. As we can see Human Torch does a lot of incinerate damage, with some basic hits and special damage thrown in.

Clicking on any of the damage sources will open a tooltip explaining the damage, like so

Finishing Blows

This section shows the damage received by the KO’d champion in the last 10 seconds of the fight with a max entry amount of 5. It will be in order of occurrence, so those on the top will be the most recent damage received. The goal here is to take a snapshot of the last moments of the fight.

It is also really cool when you win because you get to see the last burst of damage that finished off your opponent. On a slightly technical note, it will group together all damage of a specific type done in the 10 second period and show it in one entry. For example, the incinerate damage was likely done across the entire 10 seconds period with the other types of damage but one of its ticks of damage was the last to happen and thus it shows up top.
    Stats

We’ve kept Successful Hits, Hits Received, and Highest Combo, removed Successful Combos as it wasn’t that useful, and then added two new stats. “Biggest Hit” tracks the biggest single tick of damage that you did to the opponent. Fight Duration shows just how long the fight took. It’s a pretty simple addition but these new stats should hopefully give better context on how well you did.
    Bottom Buttons

Due to the more interactive nature of the Fight Summary, there will always be a button that needs to be tapped in order to continue from the screen. In the Standard quest fight, it will just be a continue button. For duels and Practice fights, we’ve added a replay button to allow you to instantly redo the fights.
    Other Panels
    There will be additional panels handling Rewards, PVP, and Alliance based content but they are mostly self-explanatory so won’t go into detail for them here.

Why is this a Beta Feature and what does that mean?
    We have decided to make this a beta feature which means you’ll have to opt-in to it on the settings screen with the following toggle. If this isn’t ticked you will still go through the same flow as before this change.

The reason why we decided on doing this as a beta is that the scope of this feature is massive.

Many of our damage types were never built to be displayable and thus when it’s tracked as doing damage, they are often missing a name or icon or tooltip description that will be needed to properly display on this screen. In addition to this, we don’t just want to stop here, there are potentially many more visual passes and additional information that we’ll want to add but we want to get player feedback on it before going in any particular direction.

Releasing this as a beta allows us to gather feedback and also track whenever we have one of these unhandled damage types. Whenever there is an unhandled damage type found by any player we track that information automatically and generate a report of all the missing data. This allows us to identify and fix the issues faster. This means that by playing the beta and coming across any of the following

You have now helped us identify a damage type for us to fix. You won’t need to write up a report or file a bug as it is all done automatically.

Lastly, we don’t want to subject any of our players to an unfinished experience and thus we have made this opt-in. At the same time, we do believe it will present many Summoners a better experience and hope you decide to opt-in when it comes out on November 1st. There will be a separate forum post to gather feedback on the new Fight Summary Screen when it comes out, so once you get your hands on it please let us know what you think there.

That’s all for now. Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you enjoy all these new features. Let me know which of the above features you’re most excited about as I'm eager to hear what you think.

Cheers
    KabamZero
    I haven't got any of these features yet, I have checked for updates several times over past week but there is no update available.
    check one more time or otherwise reinstall the game, then it works
  • Options
    CMLowesRealmCMLowesRealm Posts: 18
    Does anybody know about any Black Friday deals please
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    I used to play this game on Note 8 Pro (MK G90T), lately, I upgraded my device to Poco X3 Pro (SD870), the thing is, the special button is so small compared to aspect ratio, although it has same screen size as the previous one.
    this leads to so many ignored clicks on special attacks, which might cause a lot of deaths.
    kindly make the button bigger, or make it adjustable so people can adjust it whatever they want.
    Thanks
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

Beta features not opted.
    When I finish a fight with autoplay, even the screen that shows hit count does not show up.although the victory animation is still there. Don't this this was the case pre update
    no, and I hope it stays this way, it's so much faster if you autofight lower end difficulties
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    Any updates regarding bringing back the skip sp3 button? Some insights would be nice as kabam zero always gives us
  • Options

Any updates regarding bringing back the skip sp3 button? Some insights would be nice as kabam zero always gives us

It might not be for a couple of releases, unfortunately. Gameplay is working on a general fix for the size issues and want to have enough time to verify we haven't missed anything else. Likely early next year is when it should be back up.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★

It might not be for a couple of releases, unfortunately. Gameplay is working on a general fix for the size issues and want to have enough time to verify we haven't missed anything else. Likely early next year is when it should be back up.
    Thanks man! That good expectation management, appreciate that
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Regardless .. please bring back the bug for April 1st, at the very least!!!
    :D
    That was TOO fun!!
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

@Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼

I have heard similar feedback elsewhere on this on so looking for solutions. Ideally, the solution is just to make it quicker/skippable. When I was a new user arena was one of the best ways to get exposure to new champs and their abilities so I don't want to take that completely away from them. On the flip side, I totally get the arena grinders goal of getting the most champs through fights as fast as possible so if you have ideas on that, would love to hear it.
    This suggestion eliminates the need to build up streak formula and allow us to use all rarity in different ranked position. Meaning we can use our lowly ranked champions without facing any Deathsquad while still continue racking in points.

The idea is that the system will initiate a fight. If the user win the fight then the system will automatically pick the next champion to continue fighting so instead of 3vs3 it’s 1vs1 which would eliminate the need for those multiple screen and multiple clicking just to start the next fight so with something like this.

- no difficulty to pick as the system is adjusted to your champion’s PI of that specific rank meaning the system PI to face the opponent will not exceed 2x or 3x of the total user’s champion’s PI and remains 1x PI rate so the fight will start immediately when picking a champion to start a fight. To better explain it further with this part with an example is that if an user pick a champion that has an total PI of 3000 then the system will find a similar PI opponent ranging from 2800 PI ~ 3200-3500, but not in an over excess numbers such as facing from 9000PI to 15.000PI... be sensible. Masteries that increase the total PI also need to be counted in from both side.

- If the user win then the system will ask the user of two options with option 1 being asked to back out from arena to arena selection and option 2 being asked to continue fighting. If pressing option 2 to continue fighting then the system will automatically pick the user’s champion next in line to continue fighting creating a repeat stage as long the user either confirming option 1 or 2. So instead of winning 3vs3 fight and then proceed to the champion selection screen to only multiple clicking your way through the next fight and it may be nothing but in overtime it’s an burden since we want to shave off lots of time.

- if the user would somehow lose, with an exception of sudden crash then the crash recovery system shall kick in as usual when pressing the game app, then the system will ask the user with option 1 being asked to back out to arena selection, or home screen however KABAM find it fit IF the user has lost a fight, and option two being asked to return to arena selection screen in case the user would like to switch to another type of arena for example want to do t4bc arena and option 3 being asked to continue fighting.

Also the pause menu during fighting where it ask the user to unpause the game or forfeit the fight will still remains the same without any change.

This idea would shave off lots of times while also eliminating the streak formula and speeding things up with less screen visitation and less clicking through one to another. This also means that the help request system will be eliminated which would alleviate the server burden unless I confuse myself how this server issue connect with help request.
    I hate this idea. I want the ability to choose which champs I am using so that if class arena combat is on I can use just that class, if regular class combat or alliance class combat is on I can use that class, if a champ type use alliance event is on (X-Men, guardians, etc.) I can select them, etc. I use lower rarity champs to build the 3x multiplier and then use higher rarity, your idea prevents this. Additionally, the 3v3 format allows us a little choice in our matchups by allowing us to choose which of the 3 our champs face, your idea would eliminate that as well. There are probably many more reasons this idea has problems but I am not thinking of them off the top of my head right now.
  • Options

I also want update of incursion's ultron's domain into thanos enters or new incursion final boss, And want update of new training mode like dexterity and resist

And new fighting place called shang chi's final battle place
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Daddrieda said:

I hate this idea. I want the ability to choose which champs I am using so that if class arena combat is on I can use just that class, if regular class combat or alliance class combat is on I can use that class, if a champ type use alliance event is on (X-Men, guardians, etc.) I can select them, etc. I use lower rarity champs to build the 3x multiplier and then use higher rarity, your idea prevents this. Additionally, the 3v3 format allows us a little choice in our matchups by allowing us to choose which of the 3 our champs face, your idea would eliminate that as well. There are probably many more reasons this idea has problems but I am not thinking of them off the top of my head right now.
    I be honest! I actually don’t like this idea, but arena is about shaving off lots of time, ending fights faster and racking in more points faster. You net more points with those x-men event and so on in Road To The Labyrinth chapter 1 as it’s one energy per fight depending how much points you can get from using higher rarity star.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    @kabam Zero

Curious about how end fight stats are a QoL improvement? Isn’t it adding more time to every fight? It seems like it’s doing the exact opposite of the skip sp3 button. Now you’ve said the skip button won’t be back for a couple of months, and that makes this feel more like a QoL downgrade.

With all the new features and content coming out, during a period of the game being so broken, this feels very empty. I didn’t see anything about being able to disable post fight stats. Please tell me that we will have that ability??? Otherwise I fail to see how this is an actual QoL improvement, and not just another burden that will shackle us to the game for even more time out of our lives.
  • Options
    GurgismashGurgismash Posts: 50
    I like both of these improvements a lot!

Might the next one be a slight revamp of the crystal area? I don't open daily crystals half the time just cuz it takes four clicks for every crystal and these days I generally open crystals only when I need something...