• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,697 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Let's look at all the downfalls of MCOC-
    12.0 nerfs
    The Collector fight.
    4*'s banned from Act 6 and on.
    Changing gifting
    Alliance Wars
    Every time Kabam does something the community doesn't like since apparently the community knows so much better..

There has been so many times where people claim that players are leaving in droves or this change will cause people to quit. 7 years later, game is still going strong.

People still play this game? I thought everyone quit after 6* champs were introduced.

What I think many people who complain about this stuff don't appreciate is they think their problems are more important than everyone else's problems because they affect "top tier players" but this game has a handful of "top tier players" and a million everyone else, and any top tier player that quits because of something they don't like has a thousand other players waiting to take their place at the top.

If you need to cheat to stay at the top, if you need to exploit bugs to stay at the top, if you need to do anything prohibited, excessive, or just plain subject to change to stay at the top, someone else who doesn't need to do any of those things will be more than willing to take your place if you decide to step down, or step out.
    Ooof I remember people claiming that 6*'s were the end. Lol
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

The root cause of Corvus cheese was a nasty map.

Exactly, you haven’t even played AQ map 8, or tested the cross fights, so how do you know that Corvus cheese will be needed?

Wait and test the cross fights and the new map, then see if the issue with the design of the map that made Corvus cheese feel like it was required and then make a comment. Then, if the issue hasn’t been addressed, give feedback on how the cross fights or map can be improved so it’s more enjoyable.

Don’t rely on an exploit to get you through bad content, give feedback to make the content good and enjoyable for everyone.
    "Map 8 has new and stronger threats than seen before. Not only are the lanes harder there are more difficult bosses for you to test your rosters against."

I'm betting it won't be like Grandmaster, Gwenmaster, and Kang and much more like Map 7 launch, plus all that extra spending...
    When Map 7 launched, we didn't have R3 6*'s. Many still have mostly R5 5*'s and a few R2 6*'s. Most anyone attempting Map 8 has stacks of R3's if not at least a R4 or maybe 2. We're in a way different position than when map 7 came along.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I think the corvus timeout has been around too long and now players are dependant on it

I believe Justin Timberlake said it best ….

It's gonna be me?

Can't stop the feeling?

Bringing s**y back?

Course it could be Cry me a river or... The classic... Bye bye bye..
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

Bringing s**y back?

Definitely not, this isn't a conversation about Mojo

Bringing s**y back?

Definitely not, this isn't a conversation about Mojo
    Or Ibom
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★

Let's look at all the downfalls of MCOC-
    12.0 nerfs
    The Collector fight.
    4*'s banned from Act 6 and on.
    Changing gifting
    Alliance Wars
    Every time Kabam does something the community doesn't like since apparently the community knows so much better..

There has been so many times where people claim that players are leaving in droves or this change will cause people to quit. 7 years later, game is still going strong.

Y’know, apart from the other 157 reasons that have been offered up for why the game will die, I think this is gonna be the one.

Pack it up folks, the game is dying.

What’s that phrase? Third One hundred and fifty-eighth time's the charm
    Can we at least boycott first? That ALWAYS works.
    Beg and plea and ask for compensation*
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Bad_Omen said:

Just to clear things up it’s not a bug

They've named it a bug when it was really just an unintended interaction
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    Corvus timeout is objectively normal good for game design going forward. It allows a player to wholly bypass the intended challenge of a node or fight by loading in, slapping the opponent a couple times, pausing, and going to make a sandwich. Rinse/Repeat.

I saw a comparison to Quake and Ghost earlier in the thread, but they at least require you to actually press buttons other than pause. Timeout tactics, Corvus or otherwise, are bad.

That being said, the reason these tactics came into use for a reason, and I hope that the root cause has been addressed going forward.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Well let's say I don't disagree with Kabam decision to remove Corvus timeout.

But saying it requires no skill to master Corvus timeout is ridiculous. It's high skill game out there folks.
    GOTG said:

But saying it requires no skill to master Corvus timeout is ridiculous. It's high skill game out there folks.

Where’s the skill in using up to 20 charges and then timing out? And if you get in a bad situation pausing it and waiting out 2 mins 30 seconds.

It’s an exploit and it’s easy, it’s why people use it lol
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

Where’s the skill in using up to 20 charges and then timing out? And if you get in a bad situation pausing it and waiting out 2 mins 30 seconds.

Nope you have to avoid block hits and master intercept because it's a part of timeout methods.

Nothing save you money is easy.
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Nope you have to avoid block hits and master intercept because it's a part of timeout methods.

Nope, if you get hit or take some blocked hits it’s very easy to pause and wait 2 minutes.

The entire reason people use it is because its easier than doing the fight. If it was harder then it would cost more items because they died more
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Only if you're down to 1% but even then, it's not that hard.