Removing Corvus timeout for good would be the downfall of Mcoc

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    naikavon said:

ShaggyM said:

I've said it before, I'll never understand why people feel the need to see other people fail. Why does anyone care what other people do? If you don't use the timeout method great but who cares what someone else does? They're are only a few hundred alliances playing map7 now. I would bet that almost all would continue to run it regardless of the timeout method being taken away. It would only a small amount of alliances spend more or replace a few players either of which should be no one else's concern. I don't use the method but I couldn't care less what someone else does. It says a lot about what kind of person you are if you want someone else to fail. Just sayin

The use of Corvus method influences the type of content Kabam make for AQ, if they know a lot of it can be cheesed there’s a chance they’ll make it harder, which drives a wedge between the haves and the have-nots.

There’s a precedent of this with 12.0 and the fact that everyone needed to have SW, DS, Thor etc, which is why it was rightly balanced. Also with act 6 and quake and ghost, which is why act 7 took a different turn.

Map 8 with Corvus time outs allowed would look very different to the Map 8 that we are going to get, firstly due to these cross fights, and secondly because the nodes would be different.

Even though it’s not immediately obvious that someone using Corvus in the alliance next door could affect other people, if enough people are exploiting the game, the game does change. So I’d rather they address the exploit and make future content more fun.

Not to mention the rewards aspect where an alliance of Corvus exploiters may finish every map because they aren’t using items due to a loophole, whereas those that aren’t may not finish up a day here or there and drop down. Thereby enabling the Corvus cheese users to have an artificially high score compared to their skill and item use.

If you were right, and people using the Corvus exploit didn’t affect me, I wouldn’t care less.

But say there was an exploit that let people do arena fights with half as many refills and were finishing ahead of you in the leaderboard and making you miss out on a 6* champ. I don’t think people would be saying “oh well why do you need to see other people fail?”

The principle is that this is not how the game is meant to work, it’s an exploitation where someone does 30 seconds of a fight before it gets too hard, then times out with a champion who doesn’t need to have health to do well. However you look at it, it’s an exploitation and doesn’t belong in the game.
    Let me get this out of the way in the beginning. I'm against the corvus method. I think it's an exploit.

My point of contention is simple: this affects the kit of a champ adversely and doesn't even fix the problem.

So all this "fix" does is stops someone at low health living if they time out. What stops those who rely on this corvus method from changing the way they implement it. As an example, let's say I use 5 hit combos and get rid of all my charges. Now I pause the game. It doesn't kill me, I lose half my health. Let's say I'm down to 42% now. Do you really believe a r3 corvus with 4 charges won't be able to finish the boss?

This "fix" does not adequately address the problem but introduces a potential adverse change to corvus' kit.

I said it earlier, and it bears repeating here, there has to be a better way. Cause this fix doesn't fix anything.
    I think I get what you mean, since a Corvus with 100% health could time out 6 times theoretically. 100% to 50%, 50%, then 25%, then 12.5% then 6.25% then 3.125% then the last one after which you will end below 3% health and be KOd.

However, it fixes the problem. As that assumes the player doesn’t lose any health throughout the 6 time outs. And also, it removes the infinite aspect of it, and also the no-negative aspect. It makes Corvus just like any other champ. Any other champ could do that right now, but people don’t do it because it isn’t as economical as Corvus exploit.

As it stands now, if you go in you can repeat time outs to your hearts content. But after the change, there’s an actual loss to it, you lose 50% health meaning items must be used if you want to repeat it.

Essentially, it makes him like most other champions you’d play at low health for the boss. If you’re timing out with Corvus after the change, you’re gonna be using items. Which is the entire point of the change. You’re not supposed to be able to exploit the game to stop yourself using items, and get a leg up over other alliances playing the game without the exploit.

The game as it works now actually KOs champs at 3% if they time out, the difference with Corvus is he has an ability that stops him dying so when he times out he doesn’t die. That was confirmed by Kabam Miike.

So if you use Cap IW on 1% and time out today, you will get KOd. Corvus doesn’t because of his immunity. The change is only that champs who have an ability to stop them dying will no longer prevent death from time out when below 3%.

I think this fix does stop the issue, because people aren’t going to be timing out with Corvus since they will be KOd when they end a fight below 3%.
    thepiggy said:

ShaggyM said:

I've said it before, I'll never understand why people feel the need to see other people fail. Why does anyone care what other people do? If you don't use the timeout method great but who cares what someone else does? They're are only a few hundred alliances playing map7 now. I would bet that almost all would continue to run it regardless of the timeout method being taken away. It would only a small amount of alliances spend more or replace a few players either of which should be no one else's concern. I don't use the method but I couldn't care less what someone else does. It says a lot about what kind of person you are if you want someone else to fail. Just sayin

They don't want another player climbing the ladder and "stealing their rewards", so they try pulling them down. It's the oldest thing in the world.
    Same with mercs in AW and bots in arena. I’m very much happy to pull their ladder from under them as well.

Exploits are exploits. If they’re serious like mercing and botting then ban them. If it’s less serious like a broken part of the game mode, remove that broken part of the game mode. It’s not hard and it’s not an excuse to act like a victim.
  • naikavonnaikavon Member Posts: 299 ★★★

naikavon said:

ShaggyM said:

The use of Corvus method influences the type of content Kabam make for AQ, if they know a lot of it can be cheesed there’s a chance they’ll make it harder, which drives a wedge between the haves and the have-nots.

There’s a precedent of this with 12.0 and the fact that everyone needed to have SW, DS, Thor etc, which is why it was rightly balanced. Also with act 6 and quake and ghost, which is why act 7 took a different turn.

Map 8 with Corvus time outs allowed would look very different to the Map 8 that we are going to get, firstly due to these cross fights, and secondly because the nodes would be different.

Even though it’s not immediately obvious that someone using Corvus in the alliance next door could affect other people, if enough people are exploiting the game, the game does change. So I’d rather they address the exploit and make future content more fun.

Not to mention the rewards aspect where an alliance of Corvus exploiters may finish every map because they aren’t using items due to a loophole, whereas those that aren’t may not finish up a day here or there and drop down. Thereby enabling the Corvus cheese users to have an artificially high score compared to their skill and item use.

If you were right, and people using the Corvus exploit didn’t affect me, I wouldn’t care less.

But say there was an exploit that let people do arena fights with half as many refills and were finishing ahead of you in the leaderboard and making you miss out on a 6* champ. I don’t think people would be saying “oh well why do you need to see other people fail?”

The principle is that this is not how the game is meant to work, it’s an exploitation where someone does 30 seconds of a fight before it gets too hard, then times out with a champion who doesn’t need to have health to do well. However you look at it, it’s an exploitation and doesn’t belong in the game.
    Let me get this out of the way in the beginning. I'm against the corvus method. I think it's an exploit.

My point of contention is simple: this affects the kit of a champ adversely and doesn't even fix the problem.

So all this "fix" does is stops someone at low health living if they time out. What stops those who rely on this corvus method from changing the way they implement it. As an example, let's say I use 5 hit combos and get rid of all my charges. Now I pause the game. It doesn't kill me, I lose half my health. Let's say I'm down to 42% now. Do you really believe a r3 corvus with 4 charges won't be able to finish the boss?

This "fix" does not adequately address the problem but introduces a potential adverse change to corvus' kit.

I said it earlier, and it bears repeating here, there has to be a better way. Cause this fix doesn't fix anything.
    I think I get what you mean, since a Corvus with 100% health could time out 6 times theoretically. 100% to 50%, 50%, then 25%, then 12.5% then 6.25% then 3.125% then the last one after which you will end below 3% health and be KOd.

However, it fixes the problem. As that assumes the player doesn’t lose any health throughout the 6 time outs. And also, it removes the infinite aspect of it, and also the no-negative aspect. It makes Corvus just like any other champ. Any other champ could do that right now, but people don’t do it because it isn’t as economical as Corvus exploit.

As it stands now, if you go in you can repeat time outs to your hearts content. But after the change, there’s an actual loss to it, you lose 50% health meaning items must be used if you want to repeat it.

Essentially, it makes him like most other champions you’d play at low health for the boss. If you’re timing out with Corvus after the change, you’re gonna be using items. Which is the entire point of the change. You’re not supposed to be able to exploit the game to stop yourself using items, and get a leg up over other alliances playing the game without the exploit.

The game as it works now actually KOs champs at 3% if they time out, the difference with Corvus is he has an ability that stops him dying so when he times out he doesn’t die. That was confirmed by Kabam Miike.

So if you use Cap IW on 1% and time out today, you will get KOd. Corvus doesn’t because of his immunity. The change is only that champs who have an ability to stop them dying will no longer prevent death from time out when below 3%.

I think this fix does stop the issue, because people aren’t going to be timing out with Corvus since they will be KOd when they end a fight below 3%.
    I like your optimism and you do make some good points. Maybe I'm over valuing players skills. I just can't imagine there are people who need to use this exploit more than once. I mean you have to be pretty bad to have to do this 6 times with a r3 4 charge corvus but maybe there are a ton of players that bad. I haven't played with any of players that bad,, but there are a great number of players in this game I haven't played with so I'm willing to concede that point. I doubt significant item increase will happen.

We already have the 50% loss right now. That has been happening. Corvus does not need a ton of health to be effective as evidenced by using him at 1 health. Saying people will now have to use items when he's at 20% seems a stretch to me.

Nonetheless, I don't think this accomplishes what they hoped. Unless what they hoped was to get rid of a champs awakened ability. As long as it stays in this small part of the game, I'll live with it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ya’ll are finally touching on what this change actually does against Corvus. It doesn’t stop him from having a couple mulligans (or even infinite with suicides and tactics) but what it does is prevents him from getting infinite mulligans on RPG fights where he is being used to bypass the intent of playing against the node; things like incinerate 30, minis/bosses, the insane people who use him as a back up against acid wash etc.

It’s doesn’t change much aside from stopping people from using him to be lazy about planning counters.

Btw all this and people don’t even know how Corvus friendly map 8 will be. Kabam designed the paths, nodes/buffs and which defenders are placed on them. Corvus might already be ineffective due to design.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

ShaggyM said:

They don't want another player climbing the ladder and "stealing their rewards", so they try pulling them down. It's the oldest thing in the world.
    Who doesn't? This is a crazy comment.
  • naikavonnaikavon Member Posts: 299 ★★★

Ya’ll are finally touching on what this change actually does against Corvus. It doesn’t stop him from having a couple mulligans (or even infinite with suicides and tactics) but what it does is prevents him from getting infinite mulligans on RPG fights where he is being used to bypass the intent of playing against the node; things like incinerate 30, minis/bosses, the insane people who use him as a back up against acid wash etc.

It’s doesn’t change much aside from stopping people from using him to be lazy about planning counters.

Btw all this and people don’t even know how Corvus friendly map 8 will be. Kabam designed the paths, nodes/buffs and which defenders are placed on them. Corvus might already be ineffective due to design.

That's how I see it too.
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

ShaggyM said:

Same with mercs in AW and bots in arena. I’m very much happy to pull their ladder from under them as well.

Exploits are exploits. If they’re serious like mercing and botting then ban them. If it’s less serious like a broken part of the game mode, remove that broken part of the game mode. It’s not hard and it’s not an excuse to act like a victim.

It's not a good comparison because bots and mercs are against TOS and Corvus cheese isn't.

"Exploit - make full use of and derive benefit from". It sounds bad and I agree, cheese AQ is lame but that's what every player does, make full use of a tactic or character. Corvus cheese is as much of an exploit as Quake is and Kabam claiming it's a bug is incorrect.
    Contrary to what you’ve said, Corvus cheese is actually condemned in the TOS: “[A player must not] Use features of the Services for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting glitches for personal gain

In the post about this change Kabam state:
    Pausing/Quitting a fight are not gameplay mechanics, but if players wanted to avert any risk at all, they would use “the Corvus cheese”” or in other words, they used a feature of the service (pausing and quitting), as an unintended gameplay mechanic (which is other than it’s intended purpose). That is pretty evidently by Kabam's own definition, against the terms of service.

And to put this beyond any doubt that it’s an unintended interaction, here in the same post they say this
    there has been a long-standing Bug in-game where some Champions were able to survive a timeout. This is not a game mechanic that was ever intended
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/284834/alliance-quest-season-9-and-map-8-starting-november-19-2021#latest

And way back in May of 2020, they said the same thing, " [some] Champions being able to survive a timeout at 1% Health is a bug. This breaks a rule of the structure of the game and needs to be addressed someday."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198635/aq-timeout/p5

You agree then, that this is definitely against the terms of service?
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    I've been playing for 6 years always the hardest map available and I never timeout corvus, I never understood the need for you guys to do that.
    Maybe until 2 years ago there were patches like unstoppeable that didn't have effective answers, but nowadays we have a huge variety of champions and we don't have fights that don't have at least 2 or 3 counters
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

ShaggyM said:

It's not a good comparison because bots and mercs are against TOS and Corvus cheese isn't.

"Exploit - make full use of and derive benefit from". It sounds bad and I agree, cheese AQ is lame but that's what every player does, make full use of a tactic or character. Corvus cheese is as much of an exploit as Quake is and Kabam claiming it's a bug is incorrect.
    Contrary to what you’ve said, Corvus cheese is actually condemned in the TOS: “[A player must not] Use features of the Services for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting glitches for personal gain

In the post about this change Kabam state:
    Pausing/Quitting a fight are not gameplay mechanics, but if players wanted to avert any risk at all, they would use “the Corvus cheese”” or in other words, they used a feature of the service (pausing and quitting), as an unintended gameplay mechanic (which is other than it’s intended purpose). That is pretty evidently by Kabam's own definition, against the terms of service.

And to put this beyond any doubt that it’s an unintended interaction, here in the same post they say this
    there has been a long-standing Bug in-game where some Champions were able to survive a timeout. This is not a game mechanic that was ever intended
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/284834/alliance-quest-season-9-and-map-8-starting-november-19-2021#latest

And way back in May of 2020, they said the same thing, " [some] Champions being able to survive a timeout at 1% Health is a bug. This breaks a rule of the structure of the game and needs to be addressed someday."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198635/aq-timeout/p5

You agree then, that this is definitely against the terms of service?
    If those things truly were a true TOS exploit, they would have sent out warning messages, immediately shut it down 2 years ago, and banned players like they do for piloting, but they didn't. Instead they tip-toed around it, let it go on, and finally pushed the change when they thought they could do it without much outrage.

Shouting "it was never intended, you're breaking the TOS!", despite it being in the character's abilities, long after the fact, is silly. It's not a bug, it's a cheesy lame feature in Corvus' kit that players used to their advantage that they let slide for 3+ years.
    Whether Kabam decide to punish by bans or not, or send out warnings, it’s quite clearly breaking the terms of service. That’s not an opinion, that’s reading their terms of service. Not every terms of service violation warrants a ban or a warning every week. If they had in game warnings for every possible terms of service violation you’d have 50 messages a week.

Your definition of TOS violation being “well they would have sent out warning messages” doesn’t hold any weight whatsoever.

And the idea that they would have done something years ago proved you didn’t read the link I posted from a year and a half ago, because Miike addressed that.

“It was one of a few different solutions we were looking at, and whatever solution we decide to move forward with, we will do it with advanced warnings, proper communication, compensation, and not in the middle of AW/AQ.

To reiterate, we are not rolling with this change at this time, and don’t have a timeline for when we will address this bug or a finalized plan for how.

We don’t think that this timeout play pattern is fun or healthy for the game and want to fix it, but only after we’ve done a deeper dive into where this change will make major impacts, and we also want to address the underlying reasons why a player might choose this way to complete content.”

Regardless, Bugs and exploits are not mutually exclusive. Kabam said it’s a bug a couple weeks ago, they said it was a bug over a year ago. You can shout at the sky for as long as you want and claim it’s red, but it’s still gonna be blue.

Arguing facts isn’t something I’m interested in, so if you want to talk about something else, let me know.
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    If they really wanted to make this about being "fair" they would introduce a point system for deaths. This method is only used in AQ because there's no repercussions for doing it. No one uses this method in AW because it goes against your score. If they gave more AQ points for less deaths no one in the top tiers would use it. Then it would be only about skill which everyone seems to be commenting about. With this fix there will be no change in the rankings. Small revives can accomplish the same thing. I'm not against this fix, it doesn't even affect me. Even when I ran map7 I didn't use it. I just have never been about looking at other people for my own advancement. Many people keep justifying their point by making comments about people not in the right map for their skill or "they're taking my spot in the rankings". That's not the side of an argument I'd want to be on. I'd want to talk about how I could get more points for MY skill rather than the lack of someone else's.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    To the folks saying it's a fundamental change to Corvus' kit, please tell me, what happens if you pause the game in an EQ fight when you're low on health??

I suspect the game just stays paused til you come to grips with the fact you're going to die when you unpause, right?

If so, it's not a fundamental change to his kit.

And all those gripes aside...what if instead of removing the Corvus timeout, Kabam just made all mini-bosses and the boss Ebony Maw? Corvus would be useless then, barring his first light attack. It would achieve the same goal of avoiding the Corvus timeout, but you wouldn't complain, cause you could just roll in with Torch (or any other miss counter).
  • MisterSwinMisterSwin Member Posts: 20
    We've been getting 5 squad revs per week. Shush
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 549 ★★★★

Divide by 0? You've had an undefined number of timeouts?

I knew someone was gonna point this out. But it wasn't gonna be me.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Member Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I've been a map 5 player for 5 years. Corvus timeout won't have any impact on the 30 people in my alliance. The downfall of mcoc is overhyped.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Beewee said:

Divide by 0? You've had an undefined number of timeouts?

I knew someone was gonna point this out. But it wasn't gonna be me.

Yeah I feel quite upset at myself for messing that one up. I was so I to trying to make that part funny I messed up. I take 100% ownership of that mess up. And can laugh that off.

Edit what it going on with quotes….
    thepiggy said:

This is a feature, not a bug. Yes, an overused, lame, pathetic, game breaking feature but a feature nonetheless. It's not a bug just because they declare it as one.

Kabam doesn't sit on game busting bugs this big for 2+ years and merely go over the data, they fix it immediately with emergency maintenance. There's a reason they let it go on for so long.

This is funny. As I stated before this is about in a fight from combo/special/dot damage. Not from timeouts. To keep bringing this up is laughable.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,273 Guardian
    thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

thepiggy said:

This is a feature, not a bug. Yes, an overused, lame, pathetic, game breaking feature but a feature nonetheless. It's not a bug just because they declare it as one.

Kabam doesn't sit on game busting bugs this big for 2+ years and merely go over the data, they fix it immediately with emergency maintenance. There's a reason they let it go on for so long.

The fact that the ability description says he can't die doesn't mean anything in this context. We don't expect Corvus to survive other situations where the players get knocked out as a design of the content. Players are supposed to understand that some content features override others, and this is clearly one of those situations. No reasonable person should believe that the timeout feature in AQ was meant to be something some champions could simply bypass indefinitely, because that's a constraint of the game mode, not an RPG challenge to be nullified by a champion's abilities.

Also, there are exploits and then there are Exploits. Some exploits are severe enough to draw punishment from the game operator. Some exploits are just colloquial exploits that are unintended, but for whatever reason the game operator chooses not to punish players for using them. The Corvus timeout was one of the latter ones. They decided to allow it to continue because they had balanced higher maps in an environment where that bug existed, and thus their statistical information on how difficult the maps were to alliances were contaminated by that bug. Removing it arbitrarily could cause AQ to become harder than intended, so that's why they decided to allow the bug to persist until they released the next higher map.
    Do you think they will fix all the pain points of map 7 going into 8? They say they are, but historically their data collection takes many months to figure out even though players know what's wrong immediately.
    Historically speaking, problems that affect mid-range maps can often persist for a while, but problems that make top tier maps impossible to nearly impossible to complete tend to get addressed pretty quickly. Mostly, for the simple reason that every issue that roadblocks a mid tier player is probably an issue that doesn't roadblock a top tier player, so "git gud" is a viable response to those problems, but an issue that roadblocks everyone at the top has almost no one capable of claiming that better skill would surmount the issue, and the devs tend to react more quickly.

For good or for ill, the Corvus cheese has distorted that reaction, because some alliances are not using it and facing higher difficulty, and some are using it and facing objectively lower difficulty, and there's no way to know how many of them would complete map 7 consistently and without burning through excessive potions if Corvus cheese didn't exist. With Map 8, at least the devs will know, because everyone will start with that tactic being unavailable. And ironically, this will make Map 7 into a perceived mid tier map over time, and my guess is the devs will probably phase out Corvus timeout on a much slower timescale there.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

Honestly I don't want the game to die but inevitably something has to change and if you feel that calling your bluff just to keep things exactly the same, then what's to stop the game dying a different way?
  • CulteeCultee Member Posts: 158
    I’m saying it would be the downfall because map 7 players Spend just as much if not more on this game whaling out on other ish than all the map 1-6 players combined.
    And now they removed level 1 team revives from the loyalty store that you’re able to purchase for AQ use. The only level 1 team revives you’re able to buy without using units is the 4 a week now in glory store. Which if you buy all 4, it costs over 1000 glory. They’re forcing you to pull out your wallet.
    They’re getting greedy and the games going to die because of that greed.
  • CulteeCultee Member Posts: 158

Cultee said:

…Everyone can timeout, Corvus’ glaive charges just give you that extra buffer to take a couple hits or five a few hits before they run out.

There's a difference between “Timing out” naturally, and just tossing up your hands in the middle of a boxing round and saying “hey, hold on, you’re about to beat me, so let me go rest a bit and then I’ll be right back”.

I’d be fine with a natural timeout letting you stay alive, but I want you to have to fight for the whole 3 or 5 minutes (or whatever the duration if it's some higher boss nodes), and not just pause or whatever else is done to avoid actually fighting before timeout kicks in.
    The point of using Corvus is his glaives immunity prevents him from dying. He can be brought in to use on any damage over time effect. If you bring him in on one of those nodes, it would be impossible to fight the entire 3 minutes, or the entire 15 minutes on certain fights, becuase once you run out of his glaives immunity charges you instantly die. So that’s why you have to “throw up your hands” as you call it that’s what makes Corvus so affective in AQ, he can be used on anything.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    What’s a Corvus timeout? I’ve gone since they launched this champ without using that and ranking him up lol
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★

Cultee said:

Hear me out. I’m part of the top 10 AQ alli. Been apart of top 20s for awhile. Getting rid of Corvus timeout would be ridiculous, or timeouts in general? Everyone can timeout, Corvus’ glaive charges just give you that extra buffer to take a couple hits or five a few hits before they run out.

You guys are already taking 50% health for the game crashing while playing.

Also if someone is out of resource and doesn’t have the money to buy an Odin. In order to revive your champs it costs over 5$ for a team revive. Level 1 team revives come around once a month maybe.

You also take into consideration why people use Corvus timeout. To be in top 10 AQ now, you’re recruiting guys that have R4’s. All these guys aren’t in the same timezones, they’re spread out across the world. I don’t think there’s one top 10 alli where all the players are from the same country, plus take into consideration someone’s work schedule, dudes may be working graveyard, so it’s like they’re on a normal sleep schedule for someone on the other side of the planet.

So my situation in particular, by time AQ starts these guys on other continents move then they go to bed. I’m up for the first 11hrs of AQ. If everyone waited around for nodes to clear before we take down mini bosses, AQ might not be finished, or it’ll come down to the wire. I’m order to complete these mini bosses and the boss, A lot of us have to fight noded.

So before you bury yourselves. Reconsider removing timeouts, nobody’s going to spend 5$ a team revive when they die. I say thst because no timeouts mean more resources used, meaning more loyalty store revives used, meaning more pockets that’ll be dug into to revive.

I’d like to see this game survive, so im trying to give you insight on why we use Corvus.

Fixed your spacing.

Also you do realize over 75% of the games alliances have people in them from different timezones? You’re not special.

The Corvus cheese was just something entitled “top tier” players relied on because of your lack of skills. If you had any understanding of the game you would see there are a multitude of champs that can handle minis substantially better than Corvus and relying on a BS mechanic.

There is a reason why people like you are QQing up a storm. It’s because you will be found wanting and lackluster. If you’re forced to actually take a hard assessment of your skills you will find they are better suited for map4. I’m sorry if that sounds rude and dismissive, but it is what it is. And I said what I said.

Everyone who is against this has yet to give a solid retort other than “the games too hard” and I’m sorry, but that shows what type of player you are. One who lets money and abuses a mechanic that should have been fixed in the May 2018 update, a month after his release.

Speaking of his release, you haven’t found one champ better to take on minis and bosses in over 3 years? Come on son. Admit what everyone knows, those who abuse the Corvus Cheese are beta players who can’t understand a more complex champion.

I have a max rank Corvus and I hardly ever use him outside of AW and ONLY if I’m facing champs on my path that will ramp him up before the midway point.

You know how many timeouts I’ve had with Corvus? Take a wild guess, you’ll never believe it. Take the exact number timeouts you’ve had to force multiply that by 6, subtract 88, run a curved graph, add 42 and then divide that by 0. Yeah ZERO timeouts. Wanna know why? Because I understand that he isn’t the best champ to defeat mini and or bosses. I know that by making use of my entire roster will make for a better time and clear the map faster than spending time doing timeouts with a subpar champion.

If you all need tips and help you can DM me on Line. I will be sure to hold your hand along the way. Know it’s scary doing things differently. But you all have a strong community here that seems to know more about the game and champions than some of you all do. Make use of those resources.

In closing stop whining. It’s getting old and it shows your only where you are because of money not skill.
    Simply put, people invest time and REAL $$$ into this game to get these heroes AS THEY ARE, not as they're intended to be. Especially since CG has been out for scoo long. So is Kabam going to compensate players who invest in these heroes, time and money????

I've said it b4 and ill say it again, once hero has been out for so long, just leave them be.
    doctorb said:

Cultee said:

Hear me out. I’m part of the top 10 AQ alli. Been apart of top 20s for awhile. Getting rid of Corvus timeout would be ridiculous, or timeouts in general? Everyone can timeout, Corvus’ glaive charges just give you that extra buffer to take a couple hits or five a few hits before they run out.

You guys are already taking 50% health for the game crashing while playing.

Also if someone is out of resource and doesn’t have the money to buy an Odin. In order to revive your champs it costs over 5$ for a team revive. Level 1 team revives come around once a month maybe.

You also take into consideration why people use Corvus timeout. To be in top 10 AQ now, you’re recruiting guys that have R4’s. All these guys aren’t in the same timezones, they’re spread out across the world. I don’t think there’s one top 10 alli where all the players are from the same country, plus take into consideration someone’s work schedule, dudes may be working graveyard, so it’s like they’re on a normal sleep schedule for someone on the other side of the planet.

So my situation in particular, by time AQ starts these guys on other continents move then they go to bed. I’m up for the first 11hrs of AQ. If everyone waited around for nodes to clear before we take down mini bosses, AQ might not be finished, or it’ll come down to the wire. I’m order to complete these mini bosses and the boss, A lot of us have to fight noded.

So before you bury yourselves. Reconsider removing timeouts, nobody’s going to spend 5$ a team revive when they die. I say thst because no timeouts mean more resources used, meaning more loyalty store revives used, meaning more pockets that’ll be dug into to revive.

I’d like to see this game survive, so im trying to give you insight on why we use Corvus.

Fixed your spacing.

Also you do realize over 75% of the games alliances have people in them from different timezones? You’re not special.

The Corvus cheese was just something entitled “top tier” players relied on because of your lack of skills. If you had any understanding of the game you would see there are a multitude of champs that can handle minis substantially better than Corvus and relying on a BS mechanic.

There is a reason why people like you are QQing up a storm. It’s because you will be found wanting and lackluster. If you’re forced to actually take a hard assessment of your skills you will find they are better suited for map4. I’m sorry if that sounds rude and dismissive, but it is what it is. And I said what I said.

Everyone who is against this has yet to give a solid retort other than “the games too hard” and I’m sorry, but that shows what type of player you are. One who lets money and abuses a mechanic that should have been fixed in the May 2018 update, a month after his release.

Speaking of his release, you haven’t found one champ better to take on minis and bosses in over 3 years? Come on son. Admit what everyone knows, those who abuse the Corvus Cheese are beta players who can’t understand a more complex champion.

I have a max rank Corvus and I hardly ever use him outside of AW and ONLY if I’m facing champs on my path that will ramp him up before the midway point.

You know how many timeouts I’ve had with Corvus? Take a wild guess, you’ll never believe it. Take the exact number timeouts you’ve had to force multiply that by 6, subtract 88, run a curved graph, add 42 and then divide that by 0. Yeah ZERO timeouts. Wanna know why? Because I understand that he isn’t the best champ to defeat mini and or bosses. I know that by making use of my entire roster will make for a better time and clear the map faster than spending time doing timeouts with a subpar champion.

If you all need tips and help you can DM me on Line. I will be sure to hold your hand along the way. Know it’s scary doing things differently. But you all have a strong community here that seems to know more about the game and champions than some of you all do. Make use of those resources.

In closing stop whining. It’s getting old and it shows your only where you are because of money not skill.
    Simply put, people invest time and REAL $$$ into this game to get these heroes AS THEY ARE, not as they're intended to be. Especially since CG has been out for scoo long. So is Kabam going to compensate players who invest in these heroes, time and money????

I've said it b4 and ill say it again, once hero has been out for so long, just leave them be.
    And Corvus will continue to work the way he always has. If in a fight and you have glaive charges up he won’t die.

This can die after a timeout is stretching his abilities beyond the ridiculous.

Let me ask you this. After a KO comes up. And Corvus is mid attack. How many hits of are crits? How fast do all the buffs shut down for any other champ? Answer to Corvus, none. Answer to any other champ all of them. How many hits after the KO does Ægon carry over? None after the KO. Just up to it.

Meaning we all know that when a KO happens AND when a TO happens those buffs shut down. Including his glaive charges.

To contort his abilities to fit your narrative is laughable.