**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The most underrated Champ?

Comments

• FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2021

DN, great utility and damage. Lots of immunities. Way better than Elsa and domino.

Who's DN? πŸ€”
    LMAOOOO, tell him patatoeπŸ€£πŸ’€
    @Mobile_P0tat0
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Proxima, no one talks about her when she has the highest SP3 damage in the game

until ikaris
  • Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 β˜…β˜…
    Elsa
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Taskmaster. Yellowjacket. Annihilus.

None are the most underrated but all have great potential and just not looked at much
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Punisher 2099. Really solid damage and great power denial mechanic. Clutch regeneration.

So many opponents become vastly less threatening once they stop throwing Specials.

And so many nodes become almost irrelevant, like Aspect of Evolution and Typhoon. More than good against EMP modification, Footloose, Static Blast, and Perforate. I could go on, but you get the point.

Not always the best choice, though. Sometimes you actually want the opponent to throw Specials (e.g. Matador nodes). And don't ever take him against Thing!

I actually disagree with not taking him against Matador nodes. I love doing that! I remember doing it in Act 6 somewhere and it was such a cheese-fest to just crush the opponent without either of us firing any special attacks. Obviously it's not really a benefit to him to be unable to use specials, but he benefits more from no specials being thrown than the opponent does.

I agree about everything else you said, though. He's a supreme champion whose buff flew under a lot of people's radars. (And yeah, going up against Thing with P99 is a mistake you only make once. Luckily, I have that mistake out of the way now...)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Tru100 said:

Tru100 said:
    Oh wow, that was thorough, thanks.

I didn’t feel like your conclusions led me to want to use her more though. You’re kind of speculating on how she could be good/interesting w a few tweaks. But as is, seems juice prob not worth the squeeze.

I have her and Guillotine both unduped at 6r1, they both seem β€œmeh” tier, but do u have a preference? Would u rank either or both to use together?
    @Tru100

I agree, she needs a buff to be practically usable. She needs to be awakened, so a 6* won't be of much use for months/years to come.

Both Purgatory and Guillotine are pretty weak mystics. I wouldn't waste two spots on my team just to make either marginally better.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Im getting the sense people are mistaking underrated for being good. For example, elsa is good but not underrated (anymore), whereas carnage is outshined by champions like venom but is still pretty solid, but forgotten.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2021
    Tru100 said:

Kerneas said:

Imo Purgatory. Because her ratio of general opinion : actual quality is the highest. Vast majority of players consider her useless liek DPX, in fact she isn't bad at all, has very nice dmg.

Emma is nice, but she is regarded as good and in reality is awesome. Purgatory is regarded as sh*t and in reality is good. Bigger difference

I’m interested in this Purgatiry lesson. Tell me more.

I’m going w Diablo,. He still has stigma from years of being Diablo, but now is top 2 mystic w suicides, top 3-5 without. His utility is spot on for meta right now.
    Oh without suicides I still think he's top 3 imo. He does however needs MD imo (minimum 3 pts recommended). Those that don't think he's top 3 (me personally he's #2 behind Doom), I'm assuming they don't play him with MD. I think MD is more required than suicides to see his true capability. There are so many champs and nodes that involves buffs and not only Cosmics and he takes advantage of them. I'm not sure if he's underrated but I think some aren't aware of all the things he's able to do, maybe this makes him underrated as well.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Im getting the sense people are mistaking underrated for being good. For example, elsa is good but not underrated (anymore), whereas carnage is outshined by champions like venom but is still pretty solid, but forgotten.

Venom is forgotten for a reason, venompool does everything he can even think about doing, better

Venom is forgotten for a reason, venompool does everything he can even think about doing, better
    Armor break

Armor break
    Armor break with insanely low potency at the cost of randomizing your buffs on the low chance you actually get one that is usable. Pass
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ebony Maw
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I didn't know Venom was forgotten. I take my Venom almost everywhere.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I want some of what you're smoking

Don’t
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Don’t
    Uh why not exactly? He's a great champ, fun to play and one of my favourite characters.

Armor break
    Armor break with insanely low potency at the cost of randomizing your buffs on the low chance you actually get one that is usable. Pass
    But v6 fun :(
  • Proxima for me. Everyone knows that she can hit silly numbers but won’t invest in her because of her ramp up.

Her ramp up isn’t as bad as people seem to think. You can comfortably get 2 prowess by your sp2 which will give you close to a 100k special. In longer fights she will finish the fight in exactly 104 hits as long as there’s not a damage cap.

100 hit fights aren’t out of the ordinary anymore with the health pools.

She’s got a lot of utility, the only thing that would put her as a top 5 cosmic in my eyes is better BF and having all of the missions active at once.
  • jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152 β˜…
    edited November 2021

Venom the duck.my favorite and most used champ.7.3 exploration mvp as well for me

Someone actually called VTD out! I love my VTD, I just recently became uncollected, and by the time me and my good ol' Venom The Duck reached The Collector, we had all 10 buffs filled in his RNA Bank, and the damage and power gain was ridiculous. Saved me a lot of units <3
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mrddr said:

Cap WW2

And what is your explanation for this?
    His block proficiency is high enough to where you can MMLLLMM combo on every non-limber parry
  • RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73 β˜…
    It's Rogue for me also.
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kerneas said:

AATT said:

Kerneas said:

Imo Purgatory. Because her ratio of general opinion : actual quality is the highest. Vast majority of players consider her useless liek DPX, in fact she isn't bad at all, has very nice dmg.

Emma is nice, but she is regarded as good and in reality is awesome. Purgatory is regarded as sh*t and in reality is good. Bigger difference

Please tech me how to use Purgatory
    Purgatory isn't great. She is basically only damage. But she isn't as bad as she is said to be. She has exceptionally high base attack value. So: start fight, be aggressive. Get just under two bars of power and throw SP1. That should get you to her demonic enrage whatever is it called. Then rush to SP2 and throw it. Get nice degen. That's it.

Unless she is dupped, there isn't more to her. You have no chance of getting 9 SPs. I tried w my 3k PI Purgatory and had to go against 18k opponent to just barely get it.

My point was that she is thought to be absolutely useless, but her damage IS there, and a lot of it. As well as class unique niche utility (bcs she doesnt have to have the crossfight, she activates her vlass specific niche every time).

If she is dupped, she just wants to finish fights w an SP for tiny bonus. End of story
    Thank you. I’ll try this rotation. I got a 6r2 for AW defense and I have never used her in a quest πŸ˜‚
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just used squirrel girls and she's kinda underrated too, excellent void counter, excellent for polka dot power and long distance relationship nodes, also good for any champ not bleed immune and has decent damage output, also can purify debuffs fast