Options

War Season Ended… Season Rewards??

Comments

• Options
    BosshierBosshier Posts: 5

This doesn’t make sense. It was canceled in middle of a war a few days ago. And they would technically end the season the war BEFORE that one. Shouldn’t the rewards be out days ago?

It’s not some sort of cheating scandal, or glitch..it ended early = rewards early

Well they have to caculate and first took the weekend off i guess, so i don't think they will give the rewards any day earlier....

And the 2/3 person who downvote every comment of ppl who want those rewards: what is your problem?😂 i mean time limitation is made by kabam so you can expect that the company is trying to hold theirs but you dont even hear anything from them....and thats a problem way bigger then a messed up warseason...
  • Options
    OldMan73OldMan73 Posts: 20
    We are in the same boat. We were good 2 rank 15 and the season ended. We won the war that didn’t count possibly pushing us into gold 1
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

It’s seems that the issue most ppl are having is that Kabam is never accountable to any type consistency. They’ve had to cancel AW season midway before and have paid out rewards within 1-2 days, if not sooner. Anytime Kabam holds back on something like in absolute silence it usually means they are about to deliver some really messed news that no one is going to be happy about.

Personally I’m not in a rush to receive the AW rewards. However, I don’t understand why anyone is coming down on the people who are complaining. They are also Kabam’s customers and have the right to complaint about a product they are unhappy with.

Even if you’re not in a rush to get this seasons AW rewards, if you’ve been playing this game as long as I have, you probably know that they aren’t holding back the reward for the players benefit or because of some glitch. They are obviously making sure it doesn’t overlap with some scam sale they’re probably going to go live with. Before anyone starts coming at me, I want to make it clear that I’m not complaining. I just don’t understand why anyone would get upset at the people who are upset with the current situation.

Yes, they canceled it before. They didn't have to make manual revisions to the scores.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Telbert said:

Personally I think they should put everyone that qualified for rewards up a tier, they've done it before. The two wars that were cancelled could easily have put alliances up a tier

And an equal number down a tier
  • Options
    GooshGoosh Posts: 14
    Black Friday goes off without a hitch? Still lag and parry issues. Now war and aq bugs? Wtf?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,124 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

It’s seems that the issue most ppl are having is that Kabam is never accountable to any type consistency. They’ve had to cancel AW season midway before and have paid out rewards within 1-2 days, if not sooner. Anytime Kabam holds back on something like in absolute silence it usually means they are about to deliver some really messed news that no one is going to be happy about.

Personally I’m not in a rush to receive the AW rewards. However, I don’t understand why anyone is coming down on the people who are complaining. They are also Kabam’s customers and have the right to complaint about a product they are unhappy with.

Even if you’re not in a rush to get this seasons AW rewards, if you’ve been playing this game as long as I have, you probably know that they aren’t holding back the reward for the players benefit or because of some glitch. They are obviously making sure it doesn’t overlap with some scam sale they’re probably going to go live with. Before anyone starts coming at me, I want to make it clear that I’m not complaining. I just don’t understand why anyone would get upset at the people who are upset with the current situation.

The last time they cancelled AW, they didn't have to make any revisions. They just paid out where people were at because of the server issues. If you're wanting Kabam to accountable, maybe hold yourself accountable to the information you're trying to provide.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    How can u guys be so impatient to open ypur cyclops?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Secondly, let’s unpack this. You believe there wasn’t a glitch. You think that Kabam put high ground on every defender on purpose so that they had an excuse to cancel the season, to ensure that the season didn’t overlap with a deal that would have had to be announced today. Offers usually go live at 6PM GMT, which is around an hour before wars end, so I’m sure you don’t mean that Kabam have gone through all of this to stop a deal that overlaps 1 hour of the season.

Or do you mean that the bug was accidental, but Kabam have the means to hand out rewards straight away and are just choosing not to, so that the rewards don’t overlap with a deal? Could you just walk me through why on earth that makes any amount of sense. You think that kabam are going to release a deal, but they want the player base to be nice and annoyed that they don’t get their AW season rewards first and then Step 3 ???? Step 4 profit?

Please fill in the missing gap here, because I always thought people would be less likely to spend if they’re annoyed. Maybe I missed that day of marketing 101.

Conspiracy theories are not there to make sense. They are there to validate the otherwise unjustified stance of people who believe that refutation is persecution, and persecution is validation. In other words, they are a form of tribal Kafta trap.

You don't walk into Kafka traps to try to take them apart from the inside. You stand far away and spring them with a stick, to show the people not already standing in it that they shouldn't walk that way.

What I don't understand is why anyone would settle for such an existence.
    Oh I know, but people will never question the conspiracy theories without someone putting the spark of doubt in their mind. I listened to a podcast recently on the theory of why people believe in conspiracy theories. Someone who used to believe in the Illuminati said the best way to unravel someone’s belief in a conspiracy theory is to ask them why they think that, and to walk them through the logic of it.

Once that person sees there’s no logic in it, there’s a chance it plants the seed of doubt. Of course, they may also get angry and call me a troll (I think we both know which is more likely), but hopefully it’ll show someone else reading who was half on board with this conspiracy theory how absolutely nuts it is.

It’s easy for the average Kabam-sceptic player to read “Kabam are scamming us!” And have an immediate reaction to agree with it, especially with the tough times the game is having with the bugs. But hopefully that immediate reaction gets challenged by a follow up one of, but why? And I hope my post helps with that.
  • Options
    IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Really, all I want is the rewards... Hopefully they deliver it soon
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

You’ll get your rewards when you fix this DAMN DOOR!

#stonks

• Options
    Have the rewards not been delivered yet?
  • Options

Have the rewards not been delivered yet?

No
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    “Still waiting on that heifer, Julio”
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

@BitterSteel could you just take a moment and breathe before you choke on the thesaurus you’re chewing.

Are you a native speaker? I'm a non native speaker and every single one of those words is used commonly
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Reverb79 said:

@BitterSteel could you just take a moment and breathe before you choke on the thesaurus you’re chewing. As already mentioned, I am not complaining about the delay in AW rewards, so please focus your petulant energy elsewhere.

Conspiracy theories about an online game? You listened to a podcast about conspiracy theories? Did you read your post? If your reply wasn’t as insanely disproportionate as it is, I would’ve laughed longer. I have no intention of calling you a troll because unlike yourself it’s not in my nature to insult people for their views especially when I’ve never had an actual conversation with said person. However, you really should stop bullying people into agreeing with you, or laying out absurd allegations of conspiracy theories when people disagree with you.

Sparking baseless doubt in ppl’s minds to perpetuate some confused and overreaching idea, is exactly what you and your buddies
    are doing by accusing me of pushing a conspiracy theory; and about what exactly? Please don’t answer that. Instead, maybe try to understand the frustration other people are experiencing before going on a cyber bullying rant. Even if that means putting your device down for 20 minutes and going outside for a walk to think before you post.

For someone who claims not to insult people, there's an awful lot of angriness and insults in your post. Laughable, petulant, bully, absurd, baseless, rant, go outside, don't choke. Not exactly a paragon of virtue.

You are pushing a conspiracy theory by saying "you probably know that they aren’t holding back the reward for the players benefit or because of some glitch. They are obviously making sure it doesn’t overlap with some scam sale they’re probably going to go live with." There's no implication here, you are flat out stating that they aren't holding rewards back because of the bug, it's because they want a sale to go live. That is by definition a conspiracy. You are saying that Kabam have shady, dishonest reason to hold back rewards.

You're asking whether someone would be more likely buy an overpriced offer before or after War season rewards, I don't think it matters. The amount of people you think would buy a rank up gem for that amount simply because their war rewards haven't come out, would be more than offset by every person in the game feeling slightly aggrieved by a bug that meant their season was cancelled, their rewards delayed and their game bugged. If you think that's a smart business move then I have a bridge to sell you.

And if the whole issue is that Kabam want season rewards to come out after an offer, why don't they just move the offer forward? Of the two events, which makes the player-base more annoyed? An offer that they don't know about coming early, or season rewards being delayed due to a bug? Do you see how it makes 0 sense?

I will clarify one thing, when I wrote "Kabam are scamming us" that wasn't aimed specifically at you, just that your post leans into that rhetoric and uses it to have a go at Kabam. I will apologise if it seems like I was trying to quote you, I meant it more as a general poke at anyone who routinely uses that sort of accusation.

You can call me a bully, or say I'm ranting, but I simply went through your first post and pointed out every bit of misinformation you were pedalling. You have the choice whether to think about what you said and whether it is in fact true, you have the choice to look at each part I pointed out and come back at me with something in support of what you said, or to clarify anything you meant. I mean, you said Kabam had been silent, and I showed you a response. You may have been exaggerating, or you may have been mistaken. You made a false equivalence between this season's cancellation and the previous one which I corrected, as they didn't have the same circumstances that let the previous season rewards be handed out quick. And you made up a conspiracy theory, which when questioned on, you decided to call the person scrutinising it a bully, told them to go outside and try not to choke on a thesaurus (though as @AverageDesi points out, I don't think I was using any words that jumped out as if they'd been looked up in a thesaurus).

In my second post, I said it may plant a seed of doubt in the person's mind, or they may get angry and call me a troll. When challenged, some people think about the challenge and respond to it, others decide to deflect and focus on the person, rather than the words. You very skilfully dodged calling me a troll, but did get angry. I think we know which case you are.

• Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 299
    @Kabam Miike suggestion
    Merge the 73 alliance war threads and make a post explaining in simple terms for all the people that don’t get why it takes longer to process results than normal, to remove something from those results therefore creating an additional step. Which couldn’t be started until there was actually people there to start that process.

Just a thought
  • Options
    Reverb79 said:

@BitterSteel You are asking me to think about what you are trying to explain before responding to you. Alright, let’s start there. Before burying your explanation under any more layers of long-winded evasive word play. Please try and clarify three of the questions/accusations your posing to me, using clear and brief verbiage. Maybe sharing one of my favorite quotes with you will help - “one day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”

1. What conspiracy theory are you suggesting I’ve made up?
    2. Do you consider a comparison to be the same as a false equivalence?
    3. My original post was a general commentary, directed at no one in particular, about people’s right to complain about something they are not happy with. Why are you hyper-focused and so worked-up about my specific post?

I’d be more than happy to reply to any CLEAR and BRIEF responses you can give me.

I find your accusation of me “burying my explanation under layers of long winded evasive word play” to be quite the perfect level of irony.

I’ll write as many words as I feel are needed to explain my point to you. Though if you find the reading hard, I can always use simpler words as your quote suggests. Or should I say verbiage.

1. “you probably know that they aren’t holding back the reward for the players benefit or because of some glitch. They are obviously making sure it doesn’t overlap with some scam sale they’re probably going to go live with.” You are saying they are purposely holding back rewards to entice people to buy an offer. As this has not been confirmed by Kabam, it is a conspiracy theory. You can claim it isn’t all you like, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck… you know the rest.

2. When the comparison excludes some pretty important information that means the situation is different then yes. Last time, it wasn’t cancelled in the middle of a war, meaning these calculations didn’t need to be performed. That’s the delay. Do you accept that changes things? Meaning you can’t compare the situations 1:1?

3. You said things in your post that I disagreed with. I countered those things I disagreed with. I publicly discussed it on a public forum, it’s kind of the point of this place. Not just to throw your thoughts into the aether and expect everyone to agree with you. If I disagree with your general commentary I have every right imaginable to take it up with you and tell you why I disagree. If you think I’m “worked up” then by all means have your opinion, I feel I’ve been rather calm about it. I mean, I didn’t call you petulant once, or tell you to go outside a single time.

This discussion has been closed.