**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you like the new UI?

Comments

• Options
    qrlsqrls Posts: 40
    Not a fan of it
    The real issue with the new UI is not about how it looks, but about how laggy it is and how terribly slow it takes to load after your tap on something
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    It's okay
    qrls said:

The real issue with the new UI is not about how it looks, but about how laggy it is and how terribly slow it takes to load after your tap on something

I think this is phone related. I am using an iPhone 13 pro and it’s smooth af
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's okay

Icons are way too small, and units number is way too big. Basically focus more on units and less on game modes.

I'd like the icons to be bigger, but I kind of like the large units lol.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it

Icons are way too small, and units number is way too big. Basically focus more on units and less on game modes.

I'd like the icons to be bigger, but I kind of like the large units lol.
    It's not for me. It feels like my phone is glitching looking at those units lol. Not to mention, I don't need my bankruptcy to be shoved in my face like that.
  • Options
    PποεηιxPποεηιx Posts: 1
    Yes, love it
    About New UI It's Just Dope.. And Performance Improved Of Mcoc Lag and FPS Drop Reduced In This Update
    I love This 💓💓
  • Options
    vicmasterrvicmasterr Posts: 34
    Downright ugly

I might be biased, but I really like it :tongue:

what are you gonna do, if the poll eventually shows they then don't like new UI? Like 10k people voted, and 60% think it's ugly. The poll trend has been going to that direction already
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Yes, love it

what are you gonna do, if the poll eventually shows they then don't like new UI? Like 10k people voted, and 60% think it's ugly. The poll trend has been going to that direction already
    They're not going to change it back no matter what the vote says. This was about laying the ground work for project Genesis which means more tweaks and updates to the visuals and updating the UI. Hence, the incomplete face-lift.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Yes, love it
    Crine60 said:

The menu selection buttons are too small and there is so much empty space to both sides of them that they could easily have been made to fit the space better. They need to be wider so you can easily hit the one you are intending to.

As someone else mentioned, the number of items shown on certain menu icons (especially like the crystals) doesn't fit in the very narrow box for the individual icons and overlaps the icons next to them. This looks very bad and I don't understand how this made it into the live game.

All the empty space to the left and especially the right of the champion displayed on the main screen looks really weird. If you are going to have all this empty space in the middle of the screen (which I am fine with if it looks better) you could at least move the displayed champion all the way to the left so the empty space isn't broken up unevenly to the left and right of them and is just on the right side.

The unit number being too big looks bad but I don't really care if they fix that quickly or not. The menu buttons should be fixed soon and not make us wait another month or more to fix them.

We're also getting a hotfix to help with that. So some stuff will happen next month, some stuff sooner.
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★
    Imo, they are in the right track of removing pointless elements in the UI. Though I'd appreciate it better on the mainscreen if the champions are aligned straight and not diagonally.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    It's okay
    I am fine with it

But i am happy with less loading time and plus that new quick acess to Eq and Sq from home page
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    It's okay
    Ok so after some time with it now this has some good potential.

Android OnePlus 9

At this point on the Negatives I think I would just echo what I said previously and what others have said about the pull down menu Icon size and wasted space.

I would like to see those Icons bigger, so far I have regularly hit the fight button instead of the alliance button.

It's not an easy thumb reach to the HOME or fight buttons.

The new menu has potential to add some new buttons there too.... Like If you are in AQ or AQ there could be buttons there to bring you right into one of those if you are participating in them.

The Graphics are all pushed to the middle of the screen.... It would be nice to see them spread out a bit more, or pushed to one side or the other, and add some useful interactions in the blank space.... EX: buttons to continue fighting in quests or the like.

it would be nice at the home screen if the bottom bar was an RSS News Feed highlighting the bug fixes from the release notes or even better notifications about things like AQ/AW Started, Event Payout Dates ect.
  • Options
    DarkMistDarkMist Posts: 12
    Not a fan of it

Might need to check how everything translates visually in all, if not, vast majority of phones.. im using s21 ultra.. menu tabs/buttons are awkwardly big but has small icons/descriptions.. for example: largest upper tab for me is the settings tab with just a gear icon that is not even in the middle..
  • Options
    Not a fan of it
    It looks alright, but the smaller buttons is a little annoying given i have bigger fingers. Will take a while to get used to it.
    looks good, but functionality is my main issue.
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Not a fan of it
    The new buttons are too small
  • Options
    Spaghetti1297Spaghetti1297 Posts: 44
    Downright ugly

They're not going to change it back no matter what the vote says. This was about laying the ground work for project Genesis which means more tweaks and updates to the visuals and updating the UI. Hence, the incomplete face-lift.
    Good point. But then I guess they should have waited until they had a better version, more polished, to release it. Because right now it feels they rolled out an unfinished product.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    Why are quest continue buttons no longer brighter. Same for claim in objectives
  • Options
    RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    It's okay
    The Units button needs to be WAY bigger, I can barely see it anymore... :#
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Not a fan of it
    On an iPad, the Unit button overlaps over the Resource button slightly, which clearly reflects poor scaling and placement.

I am generally okay with the UI, but definitely needs a lot more polishing.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    It's okay
    I don't mind it from an esthetic perspective, it's just that it seems a bit too small for my giant sausage fingers. Previously, there were giant sausage buttons and we were a perfect match for each other. Now, they're more like dainty noodle buttons. Good-looking dainty noodle buttons, perhaps, but not as perfectly fitted for my still-sausagy fingers.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Downright ugly

Crine60 said:

The menu selection buttons are too small and there is so much empty space to both sides of them that they could easily have been made to fit the space better. They need to be wider so you can easily hit the one you are intending to.

As someone else mentioned, the number of items shown on certain menu icons (especially like the crystals) doesn't fit in the very narrow box for the individual icons and overlaps the icons next to them. This looks very bad and I don't understand how this made it into the live game.

All the empty space to the left and especially the right of the champion displayed on the main screen looks really weird. If you are going to have all this empty space in the middle of the screen (which I am fine with if it looks better) you could at least move the displayed champion all the way to the left so the empty space isn't broken up unevenly to the left and right of them and is just on the right side.

The unit number being too big looks bad but I don't really care if they fix that quickly or not. The menu buttons should be fixed soon and not make us wait another month or more to fix them.

We're also getting a hotfix to help with that. So some stuff will happen next month, some stuff sooner.
    I thought I read the hotfix is just to add the champs back to the main screen when they are missing (no mention of if that will fix when we get multiple champs showing instead of 1 or 0), not to actually fix the usability issues with size and placement. Additionally, it would really help if they made the buttons light up or flash or whatever again when you have milestones to claim and quests to continue (and not make us wait months for that as well).
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Yes, love it
    I like it. Some optimisation of the size/spacing will certainly help, but overall it’s pretty good. More importantly, switching through menu items seems significantly snappier.
  • Options
    AecoAeco Posts: 2
    edited January 2022
    Not a fan of it
    I like that its been updated, but as many others have said, the icons are too small, they are all too far in the center of the screen now and more of the buttons are awkward to reach. Top middle of the screen is pretty much a deadzone for reachability with your thumbs, and this is where all the main buttons live. Playing on an iPhone 12.
  • Options
    Kieran120Kieran120 Posts: 3
    Downright ugly
    This was poorly executed. The u.i. is CLEARLY unfinished. The best way I can describe is that it looks like I've opened a bootleg version of the game. Different font sizes, uneven alignment, and squished/stretched icons.. if this was a beta opt-in addition, that would be fine. But I hate that this is what I have to look at and interact with to get through the month. A hot fix to undo this until it's actually ready to roll out would be the best option. And even then, don't force it out. Have it as a beta opt-in feature.
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    It's okay
    i wish we got to pick what champs show up in the main menu screen thing when u log in, would've been pretty cool
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Downright ugly
    I'm rarely complaining but because of new UI I don't even want to play the game. Game looks "cheap" and weird. Crystal vault as background when opening my roster?☹️☹️☹️
  • Options
    TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Posts: 78
    Yes, love it
    If you guys remember back when they changed to the previous UI, everyone screamed the game was dead.. Seal it up. Bury it. We grew to love it. Personally I love the new UI. Everything loads just a bit faster and my game is less laggy.
    Kabam doing something is better than Kabam doing nothing. The game is stale without changes like this. 9/10 guys.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    Menu buttons are way too small on the phone UI
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    As of right now, I don’t like it much. I think it’ll grow on us though and kabam has said they’ll improve it so I’m optimistic.