**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

THANOS AND KANG

RZRBLADZRZRBLADZ Posts: 61
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
If these 2 champs are so hard to get why not make them better? Just curious. They could be close to OP and that would make them cool to get. Right now they are very mediocre. Perhaps I'm wrong tho.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
    Kang is actually quite good if you pair him with Apoc-- getting 20 permanent furies is actually pretty OP. Thanos still sucks, though, and I say this as an owner of a 5/65 sig 200 Thanos that I got last year.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

Kang is actually quite good if you pair him with Apoc-- getting 20 permanent furies is actually pretty OP. Thanos still sucks, though, and I say this as an owner of a 5/65 sig 200 Thanos that I got last year.

This. Kang becomes suprisingly hard hitting with Apoc.
    Pair that with the fact he has a 100% powerdrain on his sp2 (which is rare, I think only Vision Classic has it via sp2 aswell)
    I like his special animations too, despite him being a older champion.

I have a 6* r2 I've been running in EQ with Apoc, he's fun
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    After pulling 5star Kang I immediately r4 him, got 5/65 Apoc, now only need Odin to make him even better.
    thanos sucks.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

After pulling 5star Kang I immediately r4 him, got 5/65 Apoc, now only need Odin to make him even better.
    thanos sucks.

Kang is a solid 8/10, awakened and with Apoc Synergy.

Thanos on the other hand doesn't have much. He's a solid 4/10.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Terra said:

thanos sucks.

Kang is a solid 8/10, awakened and with Apoc Synergy.

Thanos on the other hand doesn't have much. He's a solid 4/10.
    Thanos is not even solid, he hits like a liquid or even gas.
    A corn flake left in milk for 7 hours perhaps
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Astonishing as it may seem, Kabam actually needed Kang back in 2017 as he could Stun-Lock with a full Power Gain team around him:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39857/regarding-kangs-ability-to-infinitely-stun-lock-opponents

I agree with @Dooberman420 - move the stun on his SP2, give a little off-the-shelf utility (Immunity, vigilance, etc) and put part of his Sig into his base kit (permanent armour, which gets better Awakened) and he's usable.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    I would love a Kang. First and foremost, he just really cool. But to actually use him, if I understand correctly with Apoc (am amazing character who finds his way onto your team very often anyway) he's the highest damage power control champ in the game? Which is a great combination. Often power control means lower damage. I'm sure someone will cite Doom, but he's actually not really known for damage, though it's pretty decent.
  • Options
    RZRBLADZRZRBLADZ Posts: 61
    Mauled said:

If trophy champions were OP in this game it'd confirm pretty much everything that some of the bigger critics of spending already say. The only way to get Thanos/Kang is to empty your bank account or get extremely lucky in GGC, likewise Weapon X was only really available to players with the widest rosters and the ability to be 30% boosted for 12 hours straight - again $$.

Currently trophy champions are a cool flex with little impact in game beyond Weapon X being a slightly annoying defender, which is how it should be. It would be nice for Kang/Thanos to be a little bit better but I think that bringing them towards the top of the meta would be a mistake for the health of the game, which let's face it, is somewhat shaky as is.

Yeah, that's fair. I guess the comments are correct. It would only benefit the ones that spend and odd lucky one of us that got a 5/6*.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I know it won't happen. But I couldn't help myself from sketching out a redesign idea for them both - have posted in Suggestions and Requests thread, if anyone's interested: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293612/buff-designs-for-kang-and-thanos#latest