**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    o6m6a6no6m6a6n Posts: 2
    Hi @Kabam Boo, for the first look it could be a kind of delay for every move, not only for Block. I would say it looks like +30 ms for every movement. Also, I suppose all of as can see the same delay in a Menu, just try to scroll something. Battle video is not so obvious due to personal timing parry.
  • Options
    hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78

Greetings Summoners,

Due to increased reports of new input issues from Summoners on Android devices on v33.3, we are taking some steps to address how this affects Alliance War seasons, as well as other content.

We are currently preparing a hotfix to address this issue for Android devices, and aim to have this out to all players as early as tomorrow. Because we are moving to address this as quickly as possible and due to the hard to reproduce nature of the issue and how it’s based on “feel”, we cannot be 100% certain it will address the issue in all instances but are feeling quite confident in the fix we have been testing.

We will be relying on player feedback and data after the release of the Hotfix to determine what actions need to be taken, and while we are not cancelling the Alliance War Season right now, we will be assessing the situation for the 24 hours following the release and will make the call on whether to cancel the season or not shortly after Attack Phase has commenced.

Regardless of if the Season is cancelled or not, in addition to the rewards for the season, Alliances will receive a compensation package based on their Alliance War Seasons Tier.

You can expect the rewards for the tier you place in to be paid out on the regular pay-out date, with the additional compensation to follow separately through an in-game message at a later date. Summoners will not have to remain in their current Alliance to receive the Compensation but must remain in their Alliance for regular Alliance War Season Rewards.

We urge all Summoners to update to the hotfix version as soon as it is available. If you still encounter issues after updating, please let us know either by sending a ticket to our support team describing the issue, or posting in the Bugs and Known issues section of the forums, where you will find a thread dedicated to collecting this information.

Thank you all for your patience as we work to address these issues.

Thank you Miike for hearing our cries. When considering what to do regarding war season, please take into consideration the other ongoing issue regarding allies being unlisted. Kabam Boo has acknowledged the matter, requesting further information from the players.
    I am attaching a link to this thread for easier reference. I'm confident you and the team will address and resolve the matter to everyone's satisfaction. Good evening.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/295507/dropped-out-of-war-again/p2#Comment_2038753
  • Options
    SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    Thanks @Kabam Miike for the update. Hope for the best. Fixings issue which can't reproduce on your side is scary. Hope you guys ll put more logs to collect data.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I got combo broken mid combo twice against map 5 mini. I've had it happen in arena and even did it to the ai once messing around. Also, I was using Elsa and after her evade, the ai dashed in and did a combo on me before I could react. I also parried the ai once while I was getting combo'd. So combos are not stringing together right with shortened recovery time on top of parry and evade.

The ai seems to be dropping block perfectly, when trying to hit into their block (like you do with Thing) and throwing specials right as you go to hit into the block.

Maybe it just me, but other than the bugs, the game does feel better otherwise for some reason.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

My issue is it need to block well in advance to not get hit. Also looks like the refresh rate is very low (choppy game play), but I have it at high. The choppy play pretty much goes away when I record prior to the fight but the input problem is very much still there.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★

Greetings Summoners,

Due to increased reports of new input issues from Summoners on Android devices on v33.3, we are taking some steps to address how this affects Alliance War seasons, as well as other content.

We are currently preparing a hotfix to address this issue for Android devices, and aim to have this out to all players as early as tomorrow. Because we are moving to address this as quickly as possible and due to the hard to reproduce nature of the issue and how it’s based on “feel”, we cannot be 100% certain it will address the issue in all instances but are feeling quite confident in the fix we have been testing.

We will be relying on player feedback and data after the release of the Hotfix to determine what actions need to be taken, and while we are not cancelling the Alliance War Season right now, we will be assessing the situation for the 24 hours following the release and will make the call on whether to cancel the season or not shortly after Attack Phase has commenced.

Regardless of if the Season is cancelled or not, in addition to the rewards for the season, Alliances will receive a compensation package based on their Alliance War Seasons Tier.

You can expect the rewards for the tier you place in to be paid out on the regular pay-out date, with the additional compensation to follow separately through an in-game message at a later date. Summoners will not have to remain in their current Alliance to receive the Compensation but must remain in their Alliance for regular Alliance War Season Rewards.

We urge all Summoners to update to the hotfix version as soon as it is available. If you still encounter issues after updating, please let us know either by sending a ticket to our support team describing the issue, or posting in the Bugs and Known issues section of the forums, where you will find a thread dedicated to collecting this information.

Thank you all for your patience as we work to address these issues.

It is not based on "feel" it is laggy/choppy in the screen and not registering until way late. But hopefully it'll get fixed. Thanks.
  • Options
    bazingampbazingamp Posts: 141
    I started getting parry issue again after the new update. It is worst. Does any one else seeing parry issue after recent update?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    No, we got no idea what u r talking about
  • Options
    bazingampbazingamp Posts: 141
    Noticed there is another thread about same.
  • Options
    Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    edited February 2022
    Nowhere close to what I expected. I guess beggars can't be choosers.
    It is what it is.
    Had this been issues with Apple, it's dealt with in a far better way
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Sadly we must have matched with an iOS team.

Dr. Zola

Edit: Wait—scratch that. Apparently our iOS devices affected as well. Working on a blocking optional AW right in the crunch part of the season…

The game has been brutal for me for months (iPhone XR). The game frequently will stop in the middle of the fight and then restart after several seconds have passed. This has been going on for me for months. Parry, dexterity, blocks, all trash.

And then it came for Android users 🤣
  • Options
    AlexDsDAlexDsD Posts: 5
    Ojalá después de este mantenimiento se arregle algo para estar jugando mejor ya que es un problema muy feo !! Estar así
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 643 ★★★
    bazingamp said:

I started getting parry issue again after the new update. It is worst. Does any one else seeing parry issue after recent update?

Yes I’m on an iPhone and my other account I made 6 months ago is on an android. Both have Margot issues with parry. I really noticed the parry issue get worse with the neatest update. It seem like a good majority of the time when go to parry they just stand and take beating or dash forward right into an intercept. There much more issue at hand tho. All together the control inputs are just off. And the lag has gotten worse over all as well. So your not alone. I think a good majority of the community is seeing the issues now. Before it was mainly iPhone uses. Now it android to. So hopefully they get it fix for BOTH SOON!
  • Options
    Parry Input Issue - Android Devices
  • Options
    VirendraVirendra Posts: 2
    Seeing these issues, i decided to not update my game. Everything was working fine yesterday & today.

But after this 'Emergency Maintenance', I've observed failed inputs in arena. Champions stay still in the middle of the combo. Dash back/in for dex or attack doesn't work. It seems both sides of the screen just stops getting tap or swipe inputs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Don't let this thread die or go down!
    Kabam wants exactly that to happen

Considering they're gathering information and working on putting a Hotfix out, this is simply not the case.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Don't let this thread die or go down!
    Kabam wants exactly that to happen

Considering they're gathering information and working on putting a Hotfix out, this is simply not the case.
    They "gather" information for each and every issue but on how many do they sincerely act upon?
    They act on all the issues they gather information on. Acting on it is not the same as being able to fix it. If there was an action that could be taken for that, they would take it. It's not as if they're saying, "We see the problem. We know how to fix it. The hell with it.".
  • Options
    SHAYUSHAYU Posts: 78
    Anyone facing this today.. 1st day of aq.. miss parry 80% of the time even in arena . This is so not me
  • Options
    KyriosRaisKyriosRais Posts: 65
    now every 2 fights in arena, game just starting lag like crazy. my phone temperature is not normal as usual while playing this game.
  • Options
    Maddix11Maddix11 Posts: 33
    Yep, it's like since the latest update parry and block just doesn't work half the time. I can't tell if the timings have changed slightly, or if the controls just aren't reacting....