**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

1171820222325

Comments

  • Options
    BabaPoolBabaPool Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike what progress does it have in fixing the error, the truth is that resources are being spent unnecessarily on quests and wars.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,386 ★★★★★

    Friendly suggestion to everyone. Maybe hold off on Legendary SQ until the Hotfix comes out. I just tried it, and Heavies aren't coming that easily without consistent Parry.

    content aside, the big problem here is AQ. We have AQ running with crappy bugged inputs. Nightmarish.
    Just a heads up. Unless people have Aegon, Doom, or KP, it will be more challenging.
  • Options
    TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Posts: 78
    I've always found a workaround for all the issues previously. This current iteration is next to unplayable. I don't know what happened to get the game to this state, but something has to give. Something has to be done.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022

    Shinyuu said:

    Shinyuu said:

    I still don't understand what kabam is trying to do to fix the problem. I have no idea about programming, what is a hotfix? Why can't they just go back to previous version?

    A hotfix is a patch to update the game. Not all aspects but just some. You can't roll back a game like this since each new update has new content. There are always changes to the game itself that aren't just new content so it's really not possible for that to happen.
    Actually you can if you code with tabs and you can go into it to make any changes. You take the section that has parry, dex, block, AI speeds, etc from a previous code and then you keep that and replace the old code of event quest or side quest with the new code for this month's quest and boom game fixed. Happy players.
    Shinyuu said:

    See that's the 1 thing you clicked disagree on that was right because you don't know how it works.

    Shinyuu said:

    Come on finish up your YouTube video on coding or your article on Google and enlighten us. You say that isn't how it works and you say you love to "discuss" so let's hear it expert.

    I'm just enjoying you melting down. I'm not a programmer and neither are you. I can confidently say, this game cannot do roll backs.

    Also, I don't use the reaction buttons. I wouldn't click disagree and not say anything. I'd rather respond than use a button.

    Shinyuu said:

    I still don't understand what kabam is trying to do to fix the problem. I have no idea about programming, what is a hotfix? Why can't they just go back to previous version?

    A hotfix is a patch to update the game. Not all aspects but just some. You can't roll back a game like this since each new update has new content. There are always changes to the game itself that aren't just new content so it's really not possible for that to happen.
    Actually you can if you code with tabs and you can go into it to make any changes. You take the section that has parry, dex, block, AI speeds, etc from a previous code and then you keep that and replace the old code of event quest or side quest with the new code for this month's quest and boom game fixed. Happy players.
    Shinyuu said:

    See that's the 1 thing you clicked disagree on that was right because you don't know how it works.

    Shinyuu said:

    Come on finish up your YouTube video on coding or your article on Google and enlighten us. You say that isn't how it works and you say you love to "discuss" so let's hear it expert.

    I'm just enjoying you melting down. I'm not a programmer and neither are you. I can confidently say, this game cannot do roll backs.

    Also, I don't use the reaction buttons. I wouldn't click disagree and not say anything. I'd rather respond than use a button.
    Oh actually I am a programmer but I've never messed with my own game engine because that's dumb and cost a lot to maintain. Can't roll back? Really that's why a lot of players went online to find the January APK file just to make the game playable again and still have access to EVERYTHING except the new EQ and side quest.
    Installing a previous APK is not the same as rolling back as what you are trying to infer. lol but keep going, this is gold. Kabam would have to remove 33.0 and force everyone to reinstall 33.2.3. Everyone would lose any progress they made in MEQ, SQ and any crystals they opened. Everyone would lose the new content. You can't rollback the game to the previous version without severely interrupting everyone especially those who aren't experiencing these issues. Imagine pulling herc from a 6* today and Kabam takes it away.
    The rollback has been done before for pettier reasons.
    Yo Mods, this guy broke ToS, he went and download the previous version apk from a 3rd Party site...
  • Options
    ZeflemelZeflemel Posts: 9
    DNA3000 said:

    Shinyuu said:

    Oh actually I am a programmer but I've never messed with my own game engine because that's dumb and cost a lot to maintain. Can't roll back? Really that's why a lot of players went online to find the January APK file just to make the game playable again and still have access to EVERYTHING except the new EQ and side quest.

    You can in theory roll the entire game client back completely (you cannot do intracode rollbacks as previously discussed). However, the app stores don't give well supported ways to make multiple versions of the same game client available (as far as I'm aware, someone post a link to the reversion recommendations from the vendors for each platform if I'm out of date there), which means if they attempt to do a complete rollback for Android on the Google Play store they will likely need to still get the old version reapproved which takes time (my understanding is it has to do with the mandatory requirements of version tracking) and then everyone who allows normal automatic updates would then get auto reverted and lose access to the new content, even if they were not experiencing any issues. Given the Android issues are not universal, that would be a very drastic step to take.

    Also, there's a significant risk here because while it might seem like the only thing lost is access to the new content, that's not always the case. For example, there are times where if you're running the older version past a certain date the game servers block you from even logging in. This is probably a safety lock to prevent bad side effects or corruptions from happening due to the client mismatch.
    A load of carp!
    They previous version is built on a game engine version right?
    They added their own code with SECTIONS for stuff like, new animations but mostly new content right?
    NOW! Let's debug, what did they do different?
    Did they work on a new version of the game engine? Yes/No
    -if Yes
    - rollback to previous game engine version
    -if No
    - inspect newly added code for bugs, slim down the code.
    Did they add extra sections of code ? Yes/No
    -if Yes:
    - Where exactly? Check previously KNOWN reliable code for that section and look for bugs.
    - What code exactly? new BALANCE (yeah right) code that might not be active?
    - continue debug from here, rollback to previous code, delete EXTRA sections of code, inspect content only sections of code. Bug Found === Bug Fix
    -if No
    - Option 1: Magic
    - Option 2: they are incompetent and can't even debug.
  • Options
    Hawkt1Hawkt1 Posts: 189
    War placement is up and no fix come on guys at least talk to us
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Hawkt1 said:

    War placement is up and no fix come on guys at least talk to us

    They already said there would be a hot fix and said they would WAIT for attack phase and then decided the fate of war.....
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Lomi said:

    Don't want to spam here either....but for everyone that has the idea it's easy to fix an issue with Unity, it's totally free for private use (and some commercial applications up to a certain $ revenue amount). Go ahead and d/l it. Play with it. Come up with solutions. Make sure to read and understand the difference between this current version and previous ones.

    'Those that can, do. Those that cannot, critique'- paraphrased. That being said, as an old person, I do know that generally speaking...throwing money at a prob makes it go away. Maybe they just don't have the right people to be tossing money at.

    Lomi

    Dude stop blaming unity, if UNITY WAS THE ISSUE, THE PREVIOUS VERSION SHOULD NOT BE WORKING FINE. they changed something regarding the frame rate.
    A few weeks ago someone even data mined and saw an option for frame rate settings.
    If the unity engine changed, all versions of the game should react the same way. Its a change that Kabam made on their end on this last update.
    The part that baffles me is that there are over 2k posts and they claim being unable to replicate the bug.
  • Options
    Heck33Heck33 Posts: 12
    Good evening! Would be nice not to spend units on defensive placement masteries if you’re not going to have the patch out in enough time to make a call. Hope to see an update soon.
  • Options
    heruheru511heruheru511 Posts: 164 ★★
    At least tell us something, you've promised the hotfix will be out today.


  • Options
    SchmooSchmoo Posts: 19
    Hey Kabam, it would be nice to have a patch or fix to this parry input/lag issue sooner rather than later, with only 6 days left in this AW season. Yesterday's maintenance did nothing; if anything, it appears worse today.

    Using Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Options
    HakanX46HakanX46 Posts: 8
    pika said:

    As he says, not make a new thread:
    For someone buying Rog phone just to enjoy playing on higher refresh rate this game, the new update ruined everything.
    Now stuck on 30fps and it's very laggy.
    This issue is on Asus Rog phone 3, 5 and others I'm not sure which more.




    Good find and a classic mistake, if they decided to lock the FPS in a bad way all the timings in the game are changed. Good chance that some input is disregarded because of this framerate locking.
  • Options
    Welp, now we've matched for war and we all know where this is going. AW will be cancelled, kabam will say this war won't count towards rating, but then you find out it did, and then kabam fixes that later. The cycle continues.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,661 ★★★★★
    Flbarros_ said:

    When a bug benefits the players: hotfix within 30 minutes
    When a bug benefits the company: "please, send a video showing the issue so we can investigate further"

    Right. Because the game being unplayable for many players creating an even more unhappy customer base "benefits the company" because people have to use items, which they are already handing out for free. Makes sense.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,773 ★★★★★
    Not a good sign that the hotfix isn't out yet.
Sign In or Register to comment.