**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★

I tried pressing block way earlier than before and parry seems to work.

Sounds like what I've been dealing with on iOS for 6 months.
  • @Kabam Miike could you give an answer about this war? With this new problem, we are afraid to continue and spend all itens available and can not finish. It would be better to cancel as soon as you can
  • spec_spec_ Posts: 6
    @Kabam Boo Can you please let us know if it's okey to downgrade to previous version ?
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

I tried pressing block way earlier than before and parry seems to work.

Sounds like what I've been dealing with on iOS for 6 months.
    It's far worse. Not just a timing issue but complete blocks are dropped pretty consistently when the AI does a medium dash.

I know it's not the same as I also play on an iOS device
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93
    Unfair for war we are high rank plat2 with possibility of reaching p1 and I'm assuming there is others placing higher with possibility of going higher again who will be facing same issues I say cancel this war hopefully get a hotfix for it and finish the season
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    spec_ said:

@Kabam Boo Can you please let us know if it's okey to downgrade to previous version ?

You can't downgrade to the previous version, there is no previous version to downgrade to.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for the answers!
    For those of you who are saying that this is not a timing issue and that Block isn't working at all, can you please hold Block for 1 second or longer and then confirm whether Block comes up? Even if it's late/timing is off, we'd just like to know that Block does actually come up eventually.

Block comes up but it's very delayed. Same with trying to intercept and dex.
  • Heck33Heck33 Posts: 12
    Folks on android are dropping a lot of ABs in tier 2 war, all reporting similar behavior to what’s been described here. You have a track record of cancelling wars when required… assuming this is patch related it’s going to be tough to get it fixed before war 9 but good luck!
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

iOS players have been dealing with this for 8 months. Welcome to our world! And yes, our world sucks.

But you have been playing for the last 8 months, no? This update makes it unplayable.
    No it’s been absolutely unplayable at times. Go read the main parry/dex bug page thats been there for 8 months. I guess we’re so used to it being broken the choice is play a broken game or don’t play at all. I’m also more used to just fully blocking rather than trying to parry and dex. Baiting specials is awful as can take 10/20 attempts and then it clips you as you dex is broken. But we’ve been getting compensation so have to use loads of that in AW to counterbalance the problems.

I’ve already said to my Alliance don’t update to latest version yet.
  • spec_spec_ Posts: 6
    @Shadowstrike you can install 33.2.3 from apkmirror, but will our allies get docked for doing this ? this seems to be the only hotfix rn
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

Block does come up eventually. I have to hold block the same way Falcon activates Locked On. It happens about 1.2 seconds later.
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93

Mcghee3 said:

Unfair for war we are high rank plat2 with possibility of reaching p1 and I'm assuming there is others placing higher with possibility of going higher again who will be facing same issues I say cancel this war hopefully get a hotfix for it and finish the season

No ending season is an idiotic move, the alliances in 1st and 2nd have don’t deserve their spot, they have gotten easy matches especially the alliance in 2nd who has only faced P2 alliances all season, they don’t deserve 1st and 2nd without facing top allies.
    Agreed they don't deserve the spot if that's the case top tier allys should face top tier allys 100% every war , I'm purely stating we could lose a potential climb in leaderboard because of these issue something needs to be done
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for the answers!
    For those of you who are saying that this is not a timing issue and that Block isn't working at all, can you please hold Block for 1 second or longer and then confirm whether Block comes up? Even if it's late/timing is off, we'd just like to know that Block does actually come up eventually.

It's a blend between timing and not blocking. I can't notice a single delay when hitting block, but when I go for my normal parry timing my champs just stand there and take the hits. It's less one of the other and more both.
  • IlovebaglesIlovebagles Posts: 23
    Is it just me or parry is just horrible at the moment since the new update? I can't play the game bc I just keep getting hit,i play on Samsung galaxy s21 btw.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★

Can someone else test something for me? Try playing the game using a screen recording app. I've tried XRecorder and Mobizen and when recording, gameplay is normal. When off, gameplay is unplayable.

No difference in gameplay. Bad.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

for me, I can't block at all after finishing a combo
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @kabam
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for the answers!

Cancel this war !!!!
  • I haven't had the infamous parry bug until this update. It's as bad as you described.

Combined with the lag issue (that i've effectively suffered the past months) makes this game too frustating.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite with Android 12 (just in case this info is useful to the dev team for debugging)