**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

I had an issue two times where at fight start when I did the taps for light attack the game decided to throw a heavy
  • Kabam Boo said:

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

I don't have any videos, nor am I sure how I'd show you the disconnect from my screen to the phone, but from what I've seen while trying it is that it's delayed input for all movements. We can tap or swipe the screen, but the action is delayed so if you don't tap or swpe early, you're doing it late
  • VmoferVmofer Posts: 47
    Kabam Boo said:

Don't block at all. Is like the parry maestry doesn't work. In my alliance in 30 members already 17 had that problem in AW. And all of them with Android devixes
    A delay is happening. All my controls work but when I block i block later than usual and get hit on the face
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39
    It doesn't seem consistent. Start of my last fight was normal, then about 10-15 seconds in, neither block nor parry worked at all. Dex is off-kilter as well. Playing on an s21.
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    On my Android, it is a timing issue (on the latest update). I did a small bunch of Arena to test it, and the timing is noticeably different. I was able to Parry quite a few times. But also at other times I tried to parry block, and it did not as it should and I'd get combo hit instead.
  • KINGBITZzKINGBITZz Posts: 18
    Don't update ur android devices or else will face this issue
  • JustanameJustaname Posts: 5
    Kabam Boo said:

Parry is definetly off. My champ can block, but the parry window is not the same. Fps is def dropped. Looks like my champ reaction to my command is delayed.
  • Sw4tCzSw4tCz Posts: 15
    Yes, i agree. All movements are delayed - dash/dexterity and block/parry. my style of play has been the same for many years, so now i can 1/5 successful it.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

For me it's the delay, I tried to Parry and it's about a half second off the response. If I got enough distance it's easier to set up but up close, I have to pretend Parry doesn't exist or focus on Dex and/ or intercepting.

First time ever since July that I had any issues with gameplay or response.

Samsung S20 FE
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

I haven't updated and have an iPhone so it probably won't affect me, but if y'all are going to make the war not count, a decision sooner rather than later would be good.

I'm on iOS and don't have any changes with parry/dex with the update (other than what has already existed since input issue started).
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93
    Mines the same lost 3x in war now due to parry not working hitting straight through it , dexterity not working either could potentially cost us a defeat this needs fixing ASAP
  • mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 111
    It really feels like a distance thing. There are just certain distances/spacing where I cannot land a parry. If an opponent is close (even reparry) or far away, no problem. Somewhere in between it just seems parry is either delayed or not being registered at all. Samsung Galaxy S9. Perhaps this is why people feel it is inconsistent??
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93
    It's nothing to do with timing never had an issue until this update when pressing to parry the defender is basically bypassing hitting our champs
    I tried pressing block way earlier than before and parry seems to work.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/bUfA_qQ6lEk

This is a simple duel fight, so no nodes involved. Inputs are also displayed.
  • theWatcher4theWatcher4 Posts: 53
    After updating to v33.3.0, I'm having countless parries fail. :(
    Even I'm not able to perry in simple story content such as act 4,5.

Gave kills in the first node in AW..