**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    The new changes to map6 are live and it’s a bit better when using class that had penalty before, but I still hate path1 on section2 (power snack + poison).
    Even with champs that don’t trigger buffs other than dex still need to bait specials every 3-5 hits with the power gain from power snack.
    Some defenders are harder to dex, some defenders are passive that require to keep baiting which makes the fight slow and risky.
    There are not enough champ that immune to nullify/buff + poison immune…

To my fellow players, I wonder what you feel about that path.
    Please don’t “agree” or “disagree” unless you run this path yourself (you can LOL or whatever…)
    Ideas and strategies are welcome.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Carmel1 said:

The new changes to map6 are live and it’s a bit better when using class that had penalty before, but I still hate path1 on section2 (power snack + poison).
    Even with champs that don’t trigger buffs other than dex still need to bait specials every 3-5 hits with the power gain from power snack.
    Some defenders are harder to dex, some defenders are passive that require to keep baiting which makes the fight slow and risky.

Please don’t “agree” or “disagree” unless you run this path yourself (you can LOL or whatever…)

I'll let you know when I get there, but while the class node change doesn't directly lower the difficulty of path 1, if you're using off-class options you've now got double damage to get through it faster, and if you're using something that is in-class but not immune to nullify you have a 25% damage increase to try to get out of that problem before power piles up too much, so depending on the options you're using it might make a material difference.

I've mostly been using 5/65 Overseer as the primary option and R3 Shang Chi as the backup option (and also the path runner for path 1 stage 1), and the node change should help Overseer a lot. I can already do the path now, but the margin for error is extremely low. Speeding up the fights will reduce my exposure to incoming damage and lower the chances of making a mistake in a fight.
  • Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★
    Carmel1 said:

With the class restriction removed there are now many champs that can run Power Snack & Poison path.
    What I do if/when they get two bars is bait/dex. I’ll even let my dex buff get nullified then Dex again and keep the buff and dex until they use specials. If you don’t hit them then they can’t nullify your existing buff, therefore they won’t gain power. All you can do is be patient and they’ll throw specials.
    I’ve ran that path with several different champs before this week. Ghost, Nimrod, Moleman, KP, Sentinel. But now that class restrictions are lifted, I’ll trying Claire, KG, Diablo, Hyperion, CMM in the next few days.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Getting rid of the weakness is great but did I miss something or was there an announcement about the linked nodes being moved ? In section 2 the linked nodes on the far left and far right paths have been moved.

These linked nodes used to be on cyclops and psylocke.

• Options
    Ciedre said:

Carmel1 said:

Sounds like a path for omega sentinel or Overseer
    Yes, I think these are the only two that are immune to nullify and poison. Omega sentinel is new so not many options for such a long path.
    I also compare the new map to the old one (before AQ 9.5) with the same modifiers my bg ran on the old map (MMEEE) and it’s much harder. Some modifiers limit even more the pool of the “decent options”… for example G99 with turn the tide - can’t spam sp1 or power to coway that gives even more power
  • Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 312 ★★★
    Dear Kabam,

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU for this new map 6 update. It is like a night and day difference and everyone in my alliance has been raving about how great AQ feels now. For the first time in a long time everyone is happy and enjoying AQ again. It's now a fun reward for planning out champs and paths instead of a burden of "must use" champs. I'd say this change feels similar to the first time I played Battlegrounds (post bugs) and love it. I'm actually looking forward to AQ again (and all the yummy yummy glory)!

Thanks again for all the hard work to all the teams involved to make these changes <3
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    Definitely much more playable. Thanks for the update to map 6
  • Options
    Carmel1 said:

After having some time to test it out, I think it is significantly better. For reference, on the original iteration I was using 5/65 Overseer and mostly pushing to SP3 to get the vulnerability debuff which would help accelerate to the end of the fight. Now, I can kill most defenders on the path without needing to do that. The fights are ending quicker, which means less exposure to damage, which means a 5/65 is significantly more survivable as well.

If you're running path 1 unassisted (meaning, through every stage) then chip damage will still stack up, and it only takes a couple mistakes to kill you, but it is at least going much quicker. This can also help a bit if you're using something other than Overseer or OS, as having more damage reduces the likelihood of making a power snack error and eating an SP3.

I wouldn't say path 1 is the appropriate difficulty: it is still by far and away the hardest path on the map (poison/power snack is the obvious tough segment, but I'm not a fan of having to deal with unstoppable in stage 3 either when I'm sometimes chipped half to death) but overall I think map 6 is much more manageable now. Players in my group that were burning a few potions are burning fewer. I think if your alliance can find someone that can deal with path 1, the rest of the map seems a lot more reasonable to me at the moment.

As an aside, relocating the links is also a big help for alliances like mine with people scattered over many timezones and not always able to log in continuously. We specifically have @Cat_Murdock to thank for advocating for that QoL change to the map.
  • Options
    becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    edited June 2022
    Carmel1 said:

I am running path 1 in all 3 sections, but I am sharing the path with somebody else. My team consist usually of NF, Moleman and Vision OG. Thanks to Vision‘s Synthesis I got power very quick and can power drain the opponents, so I don‘t have to bait specials very often. My second option for section 2 is moleman because he can shrug off the poison at the beginning.

I am thinking about to rank my 6* Vision AOG to R3 and replace my Vision OG 5/65 in the team, because chip damage on day 4 and 5 is very high.

With NF in his second life form I can melt every oopponent in section 3 before they have to much stacks of protection.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

After having some time to test it out, I think it is significantly better. For reference, on the original iteration I was using 5/65 Overseer and mostly pushing to SP3 to get the vulnerability debuff which would help accelerate to the end of the fight. Now, I can kill most defenders on the path without needing to do that. The fights are ending quicker, which means less exposure to damage, which means a 5/65 is significantly more survivable as well.

If you're running path 1 unassisted (meaning, through every stage) then chip damage will still stack up, and it only takes a couple mistakes to kill you, but it is at least going much quicker. This can also help a bit if you're using something other than Overseer or OS, as having more damage reduces the likelihood of making a power snack error and eating an SP3.

I wouldn't say path 1 is the appropriate difficulty: it is still by far and away the hardest path on the map (poison/power snack is the obvious tough segment, but I'm not a fan of having to deal with unstoppable in stage 3 either when I'm sometimes chipped half to death) but overall I think map 6 is much more manageable now. Players in my group that were burning a few potions are burning fewer. I think if your alliance can find someone that can deal with path 1, the rest of the map seems a lot more reasonable to me at the moment.

As an aside, relocating the links is also a big help for alliances like mine with people scattered over many timezones and not always able to log in continuously. We specifically have @Cat_Murdock to thank for advocating for that QoL change to the map.
    Not a lot of help because of timezone issue.
    I don’t know what modifiers you are running (MMEEE) but because of the long path the chip damage is huge so I have to bring 2 options.
    I bring penny and overseer. I’m using penny for storm but it’s not easy to bait and fully dex 10-15 specials. Yesterday I had to block half of special and I lost 50% health. If only AI would throw some specials without so many attempts to bait…
    Sinister also annoying because he’s extremely defensive with specials.
    If i haven’t had to bring incinerate immune to counter Mephisto in section3 I would have bring 5* vision instead of penny.
    Other than Section2, I had some difficulties for the last 3 days in section3… AI is too defensive when I try to bait specials. By the time I bait the special he’s back with 6-7 protections so need to bait heavies again. I don’t know if this is just me, or something with the beta input system.
  • Options
    Carmel1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

I don’t know what modifiers you are running (MMEEE) but because of the long path the chip damage is huge so I have to bring 2 options.
    I bring penny and overseer. I’m using penny for storm but it’s not easy to bait and fully dex 10-15 specials. Yesterday I had to block half of special and I lost 50% health. If only AI would throw some specials without so many attempts to bait…
    If i haven’t had to bring incinerate immune to counter Mephisto in section3 I would have bring 5* vision instead of penny.
    Other than Section2, I had some difficulties for the last 3 days in section3… AI is too defensive when I try to bait specials. By the time I bait the special he’s back with 6-7 protections so need to bait heavies again. I don’t know if this is just me, or something with the beta input system.
    Right now I'm bringing Overseer (5/65), Shang Chi (R3) and a rotating option for minibosses (Torch for Maw, Nick for IW, and I think Doom for Aarkus). Shang Chi can blitz section one. Overseer does section 2 with SC as the backup for some fights (he can't really do Sinister, not so good for iBom, but he can make short work of defenders like Storm, Mysterio, Prof X, and is good for getting out of dodge against Sauron when I want that fight to be over like yesterday).

SC can bring down Storm in maybe four specials. Overseer not that far behind. I agree one mistake on Storm and you are in deep tapioca, but if I'm not feeling it against her I just start blocking those specials. Both Overseer and Shang Chi have pretty decent block proficiency.

As to baiting specials, I tend to stop using full combos when they go conservative. ML or MLL and then back off, and I can usually get them to start throwing eventually.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

Right now I'm bringing Overseer (5/65), Shang Chi (R3) and a rotating option for minibosses (Torch for Maw, Nick for IW, and I think Doom for Aarkus). Shang Chi can blitz section one. Overseer does section 2 with SC as the backup for some fights (he can't really do Sinister, not so good for iBom, but he can make short work of defenders like Storm, Mysterio, Prof X, and is good for getting out of dodge against Sauron when I want that fight to be over like yesterday).

SC can bring down Storm in maybe four specials. Overseer not that far behind. I agree one mistake on Storm and you are in deep tapioca, but if I'm not feeling it against her I just start blocking those specials. Both Overseer and Shang Chi have pretty decent block proficiency.

As to baiting specials, I tend to stop using full combos when they go conservative. ML or MLL and then back off, and I can usually get them to start throwing eventually.
    What’s the PI/Attack/health on your storm?
    Today, again same thing… dex the first part of her special and blocked the rest > lost 50% health.
    Her new animation is much harder to dex.

• Options
    Carmel1 said:

Not as high. 7676 attack, 92181 health.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

Not as high. 7676 attack, 92181 health.
    Tnx. Appreciate the help.
    Anyway, it doesn’t looks like it’s about to change so it is what it is…
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Its been much better after the weakness was removed from the map, but hasn’t anyone else noticed that all the linked nodes in section 2 have been moved?

I wonder… was this an intended change or no?