AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• CangaceiroCangaceiro Member Posts: 429

To all the people that keep saying they’re not having issues, before you comment about it.

Can you please state what is your Alliance Prestige?

Which modifiers are you running (epic, master…)?

At end of day 5 post your item usage screenshot.

It would be wholesome if you also shared what champs and paths are you taking if you’re having no issues. I’d love to test that theory myself, on top of that you’d be helping some people. That way they can try it out themselves.

Unless something thing stupid happens I won’t use any items, I haven’t all week, scored 11.6M day 4, minis and boss and a lotta fights

I run path 6,6,7 the mutant science path, I bring apoc r4 and cable r3 to do all my fights and then my 3rd is dependent on the mini, taking doom this week.

I have 30+ r3s and can take any path, rest of my mates not so much. I would still prefer no class restrictions so I can play around with champs and planning for my other ally members would be easier…. That said our bg is still exploring 6x5 but we all hate the restrictions.

This is awesome thank you!
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Member Posts: 203 ★★
    Before the change we ran 655 with Epics on the first three days, then Heroics last two days. We don’t mess with Master modifiers. They are by far much harder than Epics. I’d much rather do five days Epics than one day Master. On most weeks, at least two of the five days, a bg/s would not finish the map/s.
    After the change, week two, we are running 666. Epics on first two days then Heroics on the last three to test out the map. All three bgs have explored 100% the last four days.
    Please don’t tell it’s because we used easier modifiers and that’s why I’m not complaining.
    You have full control of the maps and modifiers for AQ. Don’t complain about self inflicted wounds. Change to an easier modifier if it’ll save you the frustration and items. We did. We used to run Epics on all five days. Our scores haven’t been this high in a long time and most, if not all, players in the alliance are fine with it.
    I asked my alliance about Map 6 earlier and only a few players commented.
    Anyway, good luck to you and your alliance. I hope you’ll figure it out.

Kabam mods, please say something. The players are frustrated from your silence.

• Carmel1Carmel1 Member Posts: 632 ★★★

Before the change we ran 655 with Epics on the first three days, then Heroics last two days. We don’t mess with Master modifiers. They are by far much harder than Epics. I’d much rather do five days Epics than one day Master. On most weeks, at least two of the five days, a bg/s would not finish the map/s.
    After the change, week two, we are running 666. Epics on first two days then Heroics on the last three to test out the map. All three bgs have explored 100% the last four days.
    Please don’t tell it’s because we used easier modifiers and that’s why I’m not complaining.
    You have full control of the maps and modifiers for AQ. Don’t complain about self inflicted wounds. Change to an easier modifier if it’ll save you the frustration and items. We did. We used to run Epics on all five days. Our scores haven’t been this high in a long time and most, if not all, players in the alliance are fine with it.
    I asked my alliance about Map 6 earlier and only a few players commented.
    Anyway, good luck to you and your alliance. I hope you’ll figure it out.

Kabam mods, please say something. The players are frustrated from your silence.

I know that it is my (my alliance) choice what modifier to choose, but my point is that same setup in old map6 was MUCH easier with LOWER ranked attackers than the new map6.

By the way, I agree that some of the master modifiers are harder than epic (not all) but the 50% attack/health that comes with epic modifier has a huge impact on difficulty when you combine it with the harder nodes and the class restriction of the new map.

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    @Cangaceiro

Our alliance prestige is 10,673. We run a Master modifier on the first day (just to avoid Tranquility, which is a Heroic one) and Heroic modifiers the rest of the days.

My team:
    Doom 6R3
    Mr Fantastic 6R3
    Guillotine 2099 6R3

I take the paths 5-5-6 which are the Mystic and Tech paths and I also take (occasionally) the Aarkus mini boss. I usually do not use more than 2-3 (max) items. Yesterday Day 4 was completely itemless. It looks like day 5 will be the same. I am always one of the top 2-3 contributors. We have started assigning lanes, ensuring that the outer lanes always have 2 persons assigned.

An overview of my alliance mates today and yesterday indicates similar item use and they do not all use 6R3s, I see plenty of 5R5s.

BG1 (ours) runs Map 6 all week
    last week the other 2 BGS run 66555

which landed us at around 1,640 spot in AQ ranking and gave us 4,500 Glory, which is the reason we don't feel that any harder modifiers are needed.

I really hope this helps you and your alliance, in some way.
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Member Posts: 429
    DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

Who is realistically going to rank 3 an OG Spider-Man just for AQ when even a 200% attack increase isn’t likely going to serve much benefit and in any case is going to only support 2 paths.

Well, I just ranked up my 5* Overseer from rank 2 to rank 5 to do everyone's favorite Map 6 path. But as resource intensive as that was, that still makes me the lucky one that actually has that option at all and the resources to insta-rank him to do AQ. Who's going to do something like that for AQ? Very few people will be *able* to do that, much less will do it.

The fact that options exist is irrelevant. The question is how narrow those options are, how much skill they take to pull off, and how realistic is the notion that players can actually utilize these options. Ghost is a viable option for the tech/skill iBom in the same sense that 2* champs are a viable option for the Abyss. They work, for 0.0001% of the player population. The map should be doable for a wider set of players, and without the mega-piles of AQ compensation potions that will soon be going away.

Even on Map 5, my low alt is facing Toad, Sauron, Purgatory, and Terrax in one day. Who cares what the nodes are, that's a lot to throw at the average Map 5 player. Tech/Skill is just the obvious extreme case for Map 6, but the question isn't whether Map 6 is doable. It is whether it is substantially harder than it used to be. It is doable, because we're doing it. But it is far harder than it ought to be for what is now a mid-tier map.
    Which paths and champs he is good with?

• Carmel1Carmel1 Member Posts: 632 ★★★
    Kiptonade said:

Yet in contrast where $300 deals are involved we see how lighting fast the response to the 7.4 exploration bundle issue was… I wonder why?

Yet in contrast where $300 deals are involved we see how lighting fast the response to the 7.4 exploration bundle issue was… I wonder why?

^ that the reason.
    They don't care about mid-tier \ F2P players, and most youtubers are running map7/8 so no one talk about that outside of this thread.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    The class limitations are the worst part. If someone goes to the wrong way because they forgot their path or accidentally moved wrong, it screws over the person who was supposed to go to that path. I used more potions in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 6 months combined. Some of the nodes are super annoying to fight with certain classes. The class limitations really are the worst. If I bring 2 classes for my path, I cant then help someone on their path. I can't swap paths with someone for any reason. There's a lot less flexibility. Also paired with the fact that parry is still broken and they stopped sending us potions, it's like piling on **** on top of ****. Then they wonder why people hate aq?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Part of the harshness of this setup…it’s like quicksand. Errors compound. let’s look at the class restrictions. Tech and skill? Well, on your mutant-laden path you’ll be rewarded for using your tech champ. Screw up? Class disadvantage coming your way when you’re forced into using a skill champ.

Also I’m gonna screw up a sp2 from storm PX at least twice per cycle. I know that’s a me problem but damn. It is incredibly demoralizing when you glance a power drain and get one-shot off a special, then you’re swimming upstream the rest of the path.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Member Posts: 225 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Lyra

Are we going to be finishing day 11 without a response too?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    Carmel1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

Who is realistically going to rank 3 an OG Spider-Man just for AQ when even a 200% attack increase isn’t likely going to serve much benefit and in any case is going to only support 2 paths.

Well, I just ranked up my 5* Overseer from rank 2 to rank 5 to do everyone's favorite Map 6 path. But as resource intensive as that was, that still makes me the lucky one that actually has that option at all and the resources to insta-rank him to do AQ. Who's going to do something like that for AQ? Very few people will be *able* to do that, much less will do it.

The fact that options exist is irrelevant. The question is how narrow those options are, how much skill they take to pull off, and how realistic is the notion that players can actually utilize these options. Ghost is a viable option for the tech/skill iBom in the same sense that 2* champs are a viable option for the Abyss. They work, for 0.0001% of the player population. The map should be doable for a wider set of players, and without the mega-piles of AQ compensation potions that will soon be going away.

Even on Map 5, my low alt is facing Toad, Sauron, Purgatory, and Terrax in one day. Who cares what the nodes are, that's a lot to throw at the average Map 5 player. Tech/Skill is just the obvious extreme case for Map 6, but the question isn't whether Map 6 is doable. It is whether it is substantially harder than it used to be. It is doable, because we're doing it. But it is far harder than it ought to be for what is now a mid-tier map.
    Did you try overseer on path1 section2?
    I wonder if he can pull it off with the class penalty

I did, and he can, even with a 5* 5/65. At first I thought I made a horrible mistake because he starts off hitting like a sock full of jello, but as he builds up gamma he ramps up quickly. I believe (but haven't strictly tested) that anything that ramps up a lot of attack buffs will disproportionately override the class penalties. In other words, your damage isn't permanently halved, it is just -50% in the hole before attack buffs. That's just a feeling from my experience, as I was more paying attention to trying to stay alive than looking at the floaty numbers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

Which paths and champs he is good with?

Overseer is a solution to the poison/power snack riddle, as he is effectively immune to both.
    DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

I did, and he can, even with a 5* 5/65. At first I thought I made a horrible mistake because he starts off hitting like a sock full of jello, but as he builds up gamma he ramps up quickly. I believe (but haven't strictly tested) that anything that ramps up a lot of attack buffs will disproportionately override the class penalties. In other words, your damage isn't permanently halved, it is just -50% in the hole before attack buffs. That's just a feeling from my experience, as I was more paying attention to trying to stay alive than looking at the floaty numbers.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have contacts that work at Kabam? Can you give us any advice as to how we can actually get them to have the very basic courtesy of a response?

At this rate I’d even take @Kabam Miike coming here and telling us to get on with it or play another game mode like he did in the battlegrounds post. I just think some kind of acknowledgement is the very least they can do.

• LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★
    I took about 6 months before Kabam did a mea kulpa on the SQ difficulty.

Problem is the changes they did were deliberate and planned.
    The feedback was poor so they stuck their heads in the sand.
    DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

DNA3000 said:

Carmel1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have contacts that work at Kabam? Can you give us any advice as to how we can actually get them to have the very basic courtesy of a response?

At this rate I’d even take @Kabam Miike coming here and telling us to get on with it or play another game mode like he did in the battlegrounds post. I just think some kind of acknowledgement is the very least they can do.
    I've summarized what I feel are the core issues of the AQ update brought up in this thread (and elsewhere) to the developer most directly responsible to review them this morning, and I know they did a pass through this thread as well. They were not available to me to do so until now.

Those issues are:

- The Dual Class node effects are seen as problematic (I added: they should probably buff the two, rather than penalize the four)
    - The power snack/poison lane on map 6 section two can go climb a tree.
    - General issues with difficulty being higher, defenders being more problematic, and combat being slowed down significantly in many cases
    - Related to the dual class node issues: reducing the number of paths to allow for more backup is problematic when there are strong path identities that require proper roster checks be performed, which requires both paths and backup be planned to a higher degree than a mid-tier map with fewer critical paths should have.
    - The usual (but maybe in this case warranted) complaint about passive AI. Specifically, I would add, my impression is that the more power the defender has, or the more power gain they have, the more passive they become.
    Thank you for trying at least it’s something. Sorry state of affairs that It comes to us community members having to try sort things out without any official assistance.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    Great summary @DNA3000

Thanks.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★
    So @DNA3000 , will something change?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    2.1 lane on day 5 is a kick in the nuts.

I used Diablo a few times and after the 30-second timer of the poison, where he takes no poison damage, he just dies. It makes zero sense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So @DNA3000 , will something change?

Strictly speaking, all I should say is I have passed feedback along and the devs are looking at it. It is not my place to say what plans they have to address those concerns.

If you ask me for my opinion as just a dude that plays the game, I think they understand that some changes need to be made. However, if they decide otherwise, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of my actions.
    This message will self-destruct.