**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I guess that makes me a post-nerf-pre-post-post-nerf Breaker of Thrones?

Seriously though act 6 is perfect as it is. Really hoping we get to see some incredibly challenging permanent content sometime in the future, but this is worrying me that the game may keep getting easier.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Happy to see the gates gone. Just hope those that 100% are given proper compensation for this.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I have one question. How is it going to affect the choice node to carina's challenges?

I was about to post something similar. Interested in the answer. Some of us have already completed Carina's Challenges to which these changes have a direct effect.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    LOL glad I left Act 6 exploration and the Champion/GM Carina Challenges for later. Also, glad to hear a bit (though not too much) of a warning ahead of time instead of just on the day that it drops.

Also, just a bit of a formatting not to Kabam: you indented your second bolded heading, making the rest of it seem like a sub-paragraph or less important list instead of having energy changes etc. on the same level as the gates change heading.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

VikRafa said:

OGAvenger said:

Nobody needs any compensation. This is a necessary change…coming from someone who 100% act 6 a long time ago and couldn’t be affected any less on this change.

Act 6.2 shouldn’t be harder and more roster restricting than act 8

Huh? So because you happen to be now entitled to easier content those of us who completed it whilst it was actually significantly more challenging are to just sit whilst we grinded and burnt though half of the resources you will have to?
    Act 6 should be harder than act 7 as Act 7 is the outcome of the difficulty of Act 6, It's more of a calm and easier piece of content to do after you finally got the highest title in the game being thronebreaker. Maybe if people stopped crying so much and just did the content they were offered we wouldn't be in such a standstill.
    This is the wrong way of looking at things. It’s a part of life that things change and evolve over time to make things easier and better going forward. It’s evident in things you see everyday.

You can be someone that looks at something like this and is stuck in the past and says, “I suffered through this so so does everyone else.” Or you could be progressive and positive of change and say, “I suffered through this so I hope others won’t have to do the same in the future.”

Agree that comp isn't needed, but act 6 is already significantly easier for players than it was not that long ago. New players are now able to develop really powerful rosters before even starting act 6, which just wasn't possible before.

I only somewhat recently finished exploring act 6, and had about 5 r3s from the get go, which made it 10x easier for me that it was for those who explored it initially, who were essentially limited to 5/65s.

The game is growing around and above act 6, it shouldn't have to be lowered even further.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

@Kabam Miike I have one question. How is it going to affect the choice node to carina's challenges?

I only have 4 carina challenges left in total, taking down the 6.2.6 champion with KK is one of them. How will this impact the challenge? Anymore info you can provide would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★
    As a FTP player with 1 rank 4 champ and a decently developed roster I feel like I can say that my time spent exploring act 6 has been somewhat pleasant. We've hit a point where rosters are outpacing act 6 and it's becoming gradually easier. Honestly I feel that the nerf is nice to get players to TB as we have the new paragon title but then again exploration of act 6 is really not super hard aside from some horrific paths and fights
  • Options
    Tano177Tano177 Posts: 41
    This is convenient but not exactly good... Idk what to think
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    and they still haven’t touched the mordo

I’m happy the class gates are gone but the new champion design is pointless
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    The only thing I'll appreciate from this is the energy reduction.
    I be exploring some act 6 quests with 9 paths 💀💀
    (Was it 9? I don't remember, don't bother checking)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I have to admit I'm happy to see this. It's been disproportionately difficult.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    I think energy cost was pro player move cuz it was length
    Apart from it I really don't see any reason to nerf the act 6 that much. Yeah things could have been tuned here and there. Completion isn't that bad. It was the exploration which gave me ENDGAME CONTENT FEELING.

They should have removed Rarity gates and should have kept class gates or vice versa. I don't have problem with other players. I supported act 7 charges nerf in favour of players. But this change will effect the skill set and strategic viewpoint of players more who have still left to do the exploration. I don't want other players to suffer but this change is more than required. It will not affect me as I have already explored 6.2 which is hardest chapter in my opinion. I'm glad I did with class gatings as it taught me so much that I am thankful to it design . Surely some of BS fights needed to be addressed and nodes associated with them but nerfing to ground don't seem to be ideal either.

Tho I am glad that they didn't touched GM which IMO is defination of fight based on skills and patience.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Still no mordo nerf?
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Stop catering to the weak and unskilled and start fixing the alliance war potion and loyalty issues.

You wouldn’t need more alliance war potions and loyalty if you weren’t so weak and unskilled.

What a moronic statement to make. Think with your full brain.
    Savage 😂😂😂😂😂 never thought i would say it but you nailed it
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Can we parlay this into a low key buff for the regular version of The Champion? He kinda really sucks. Most of the work is already done. Grab the low hanging fruit and collect your W, Kabam!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    VikRafa said:

This is pretty disappointing to see, Since I 100% Act 6 prior to the first nerf this is making it significantly easier for players to get Thronebreaker whilst over the past 2 years It has been a challenge for those otherwise.

This change seems unnecessary as Act 6 and ThroneBreaker are supposed to be hard achievements to get and overall by change the difficulty greatly reduces the achievement...

Hate to break it to you but TB was already easy to get without these changes.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Thank you Kabam.