**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    How a bout a separate act 6 with 5* restrictions
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wow, quite perplexed by the reaction here.

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

This answers most of my questions and I’m cool with all of it. I’m just curious as to how it will impact existing Carina’s Challenges that take place in Act 6. It seems that they will be substantially easier, which is fine so long as that was the intent and not an unintended side-effect.
    Got people already talking about doing the 6.2.6 challenge path with Herc and swapping in Kamala at the end to try to cheese it
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

This answers most of my questions and I’m cool with all of it. I’m just curious as to how it will impact existing Carina’s Challenges that take place in Act 6. It seems that they will be substantially easier, which is fine so long as that was the intent and not an unintended side-effect.
    Got people already talking about doing the 6.2.6 challenge path with Herc and swapping in Kamala at the end to try to cheese it
    I don't think cheese is the word to be use here. They'll probably have to change the wording and the way they mark the objective
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

A bit concerning that you haven’t even 100% act 6. You’d think a Kabam employee would actually play the game at a somewhat high level to actually get a grip of how things are. A little more clear now why things are how they are. @Kabam Miike.
  • Options

A bit concerning that you haven’t even 100% act 6. You’d think a Kabam employee would actually play the game at a somewhat high level to actually get a grip of how things are. A little more clear now why things are how they are. "Kabam Miike".
    Because he doesn't have to. He's a forum moderator and community manager. Not a dev who has to decide on what's what for the community.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

KyrieRed said:

Everyone is bent out of share for a good change that doesn’t impact you in the least whether you completed the act or not yet. You all are a bunch of disgruntled players who are just waiting to complaint and ask for compensation. Shame

Lol my thoughts exactly. You completed it before? Kudos. You haven’t completed yet? It’s ok you might be able to now. You spent a lot of clear? Who cares your choice to finish it fast.
    Finish fast? Lol. Act 6 has been out for more than 2 years now..what do you consider as fast? Wait for 2+ years for kabam to nerf something?

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

KyrieRed said:

Everyone is bent out of share for a good change that doesn’t impact you in the least whether you completed the act or not yet. You all are a bunch of disgruntled players who are just waiting to complaint and ask for compensation. Shame

Lol my thoughts exactly. You completed it before? Kudos. You haven’t completed yet? It’s ok you might be able to now. You spent a lot of clear? Who cares your choice to finish it fast.
    Finish fast? Lol. Act 6 has been out for more than 2 years now..what do you consider as fast? Wait for 2+ years for kabam to nerf something?

If you put a little thought into that sentence you’d prolly know it was meant as those who finish content fast, it’s their choice to do so. So it’s on them if things get nerfed or not. Just like last year when SOP GM was bugged people still cleared it, that’s on them for doing that. That’s on me too cuz I chose to do so while bugged.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

KyrieRed said:

If you put a little thought into that sentence you’d prolly know it was meant as those who finish content fast, it’s their choice to do so. So it’s on them if things get nerfed or not. Just like last year when SOP GM was bugged people still cleared it, that’s on them for doing that. That’s on me too cuz I chose to do so while bugged.
    What about those that finished last month or last week. Pretty sure the ones asking for compensation are not those that finished this last year or as soon as act 6 was released. I think in your enthusiasm to write the post, you probably forgot to take your own advice and ‘put a little thought into the sentence’ you wrote.
    Naw I don’t have enthusiasm to write a post about folks who complain, whine and always want compensation. I’m pretty sure you’re wrong about those who are asking for comp are ones who just finished it recently. Are you new here?
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Hes only a forum moderator. He's not a developer. Your statement makes no sense.

Please take the "only" out of this comment. It diminutizes what the moderators do for the community.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Act 6 was the last time this game felt truly challenging in a good way. If I played well, I could clear a lane without revives, if I didn't, I was punished for it. Even todays challenging content doesn't do this. Summer of pain and eternity of pain do not have failure costs associated with them. I had tried about a dozen times vs Crossbones before I was able to get the one shot. Those 11 failures mean nothing because it's an easy restart and try again. The last content I ever felt even close to rivaled Act 6 would be the Grandmasters gauntlet.

Some may say it doesn't matter, nerfing act 6 is what is best for the game, and that's almost certainly true, but is irrelevant to me. The game didn't meet my needs, so I quit for a while, and only returned to play in a different style. Having even the nerfed act 6 was something I was looking forward to exploring, but the energy costs and number of paths pushed me towards Act 7 exploration first. I am very disappointed I won't get the chance to challenge the mountain in its current form with my new account.
    This is a wild sentiment to me. First off, the scale you’re grading yourself on…”if I played well I could clear a lane without revives”…you could play well and lose your whole team in parts of act 6. Attrition is not difficulty. Arbitrarily putting 14 fights on a path and calling it a “challenge” is a lie. It’s a slog.

And in a reality where many of us have struggled with parry and dex issues off and on for 10 months now, I can absolutely see how players would be driven away.

Just the other day, I told a newly cavalier player to ignore 6.2 indefinitely and focus exclusively on monthly content and variants until their roster was better suited. That’s not a well constructed story mode. If this makes a smooth progression more attainable, it’ll help replenish the pool of end-Cav and TB summoners as some become disaffected and reduce or eliminate game time.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    Are act 6 rewards getting nerfed too?
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I think there should be compensation to anyone that's completed it at least once and likely more reward the higher the percentage completed.

Having said that this isn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue is does this mean TB will be devalued to the point that it won't be much better than Cav? Considering the crazy requirement to get Paragon if this happens I will just quit the game as I can't get Paragon without the 3 rank 4s and I'm only working on my 2nd one right now. I used up a lot of resources to even get the TB title and the biggest reason to get the title was the better rewards compared to the Cavalier title. It's looking more than more like the progressing levels will be lumped together between Cavs/TB just like they have with Uncollected and lower progression level which IMO is a mistake this soon after Paragon has been introduced.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

smy168 said:

This is literally a push for July 4th, get people to Throne and get them to spend on the packages...I'm sure their data shows that Throne/New to Throne are willing to pay to get up, especially with Paragon now in the mix.

I don't fault Kabam for trying to make money but what is frustrating is watching someone who has been playing for 2 years with Multiple 6* R3 and R4 when guys like me have been around grinding it out for 6 plus years...****, remember when Dr. Strange was a beast and needed to be nerf'd hahha...

This is a money grab, I'm sure June will have packages to buy to push people to Throne and then a push from Thorne guys to get R4s to Paragon...bittersweet but that is the business of mobile gaming...

Of course. If they make content difficult, that is a money grab. If they make content easier, that is also a money grab. And if they do nothing, that's because they only care about money.

Frustration is seeing something ridiculous, and knowing that pushing back on it is no more effective than trying to push a pile of Jello uphill.
    They are welcome to make any content they think easier (and to be honest Act6 needed that from the first nerf), as long as they compensate those who did the harder editions.
    The same way they compensated players when they initially nerfed Act6, the same way they need to compensate players that did it before June 8th.
    That’s the fair thing to do.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

DNA3000 said:

smy168 said:

This is literally a push for July 4th, get people to Throne and get them to spend on the packages...I'm sure their data shows that Throne/New to Throne are willing to pay to get up, especially with Paragon now in the mix.

I don't fault Kabam for trying to make money but what is frustrating is watching someone who has been playing for 2 years with Multiple 6* R3 and R4 when guys like me have been around grinding it out for 6 plus years...****, remember when Dr. Strange was a beast and needed to be nerf'd hahha...

This is a money grab, I'm sure June will have packages to buy to push people to Throne and then a push from Thorne guys to get R4s to Paragon...bittersweet but that is the business of mobile gaming...

Of course. If they make content difficult, that is a money grab. If they make content easier, that is also a money grab. And if they do nothing, that's because they only care about money.

Frustration is seeing something ridiculous, and knowing that pushing back on it is no more effective than trying to push a pile of Jello uphill.
    They are welcome to make any content they think easier (and to be honest Act6 needed that from the first nerf), as long as they compensate those who did the harder editions.
    The same way they compensated players when they initially nerfed Act6, the same way they need to compensate players that did it before June 8th.
    That’s the fair thing to do.
    The content keeps getting easier whether they touch it or not. Better and stronger roster options keep becoming available. Should we be compensating players for that as well?

Before you answer, it is always possible to refactor a nerf into a player-side buff. We don't have to change the content, we can just give players stronger tools to use to complete the content. Does that also deserve compensation? If so, where do you draw the line?
  • Options
    IconofSinIconofSin Posts: 5
    Have no issues with this, though dont feel it overly necessary

My only concern, which I would like clarified as was not mentioned at all one way or the other, is this going to reset our progress? As in not completed yet. I am on 6.4.3 and was not planning on rushing through it in the next few weeks but if it will affect that then I will as do not want to do all that again. If not I will wait to do it

I am aware this is not a remake like the changes to acts 1-3 were if you had not already 100% them but I have seen several saying it will likely reset progress so I want to know for sure whether it will or not

I abandoned act 6 for a very long time as did not have the counters for it. Finally got cav then left it at that again for a long time. I have very slowly been going through it for completion. I need to know now whether I need to rush through and finish it all now or not. I dont have the resources built up to do it right now so would be using up units I otherwise wouldnt have to
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    IconofSin said:

Have no issues with this, though dont feel it overly necessary

My only concern, which I would like clarified as was not mentioned at all one way or the other, is this going to reset our progress? As in not completed yet. I am on 6.4.3 and was not planning on rushing through it in the next few weeks but if it will affect that then I will as do not want to do all that again. If not I will wait to do it

I am aware this is not a remake like the changes to acts 1-3 were if you had not already 100% them but I have seen several saying it will likely reset progress so I want to know for sure whether it will or not

I abandoned act 6 for a very long time as did not have the counters for it. Finally got cav then left it at that again for a long time. I have very slowly been going through it for completion. I need to know now whether I need to rush through and finish it all now or not. I dont have the resources built up to do it right now so would be using up units I otherwise wouldnt have to

This. Please. I hadn't thought of it, but I am in a similar situation and have a similar approach to the game and to Act 6.
  • Options
    DrainbamagedDrainbamaged Posts: 28
    Morp_9624 said:

I’m currently stuck on the boss in 6.3.6 with no revives or way to get out besides quitting atm. If I wait for this change to go live will I be kicked out of the quest?

Do yourself a favour, quit out of the quest, take two weeks and farm revives (giyf here), go back with your inventory full and another load of revives in your stash and try again, and if the content is nerfed by then too, good for you and all the better. Never be afraid to restart or go back to farming revives to give something another go at a later date.

Good luck.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited May 2022

Morp_9624 said:

I’m currently stuck on the boss in 6.3.6 with no revives or way to get out besides quitting atm. If I wait for this change to go live will I be kicked out of the quest?

Do yourself a favour, quit out of the quest, take two weeks and farm revives (giyf here), go back with your inventory full and another load of revives in your stash and try again, and if the content is nerfed by then too, good for you and all the better. Never be afraid to restart or go back to farming revives to give something another go at a later date.

Good luck.
    I think this may depend on whether Morp can get that many revives back as we have no idea how many he/she used to get there and how much easier the fight will be for him/her after the changes go live. IMO if he/she is that close maybe farm for units in the arenas and make sure to grab the 4 hour crystals and go from there. The only advantage to quitting out that's worth it right now may be to do the monthly and side quests unless of course he/she is able to farm enough revives to make up for the amount likely already used. I think Morp will need to figure out whether quitting is worth it at this point assuming the game won't make that decision once the changes go live for him/her