**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I really wish Kabam would just left the choice nodes off those 6 quests until they could fix the issue. I know the answer is determined by when the fix is ready but do we have any idea at all what to expect? A week? Month? Year?
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    SCP1504 said:

Ayo, where is the energy cost reduction?

June 8. I thought the same thing…
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

Ayo, where is the energy cost reduction?

June 8th
  • Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 17
    It's the 8th...only the 6.2.6 Champion has goot3n the changes?
  • Options
    techgrappletechgrapple Posts: 37

Wow, quite perplexed by the reaction here.

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

If I had to run 100 miles to be nominated as a champion, seeing others running just 10 miles for the same trophy hurts.

You may have added milestone kind of stuff that doing this way, give you this rewards, and the easier way gives lesser rewards.

Well, finding a job was a little easier back then, but it's not the same now. Considering that you guys have employees to feed, so making these changes. These changes will help new and less skilled players, clear those quests and push through Carina challenge and Abyss. It should eventually pour money for Kabam as they buy units and deals to compete with Prestige.

It's all good 😊

Yes, but just don't pretend that you are doing this for players only.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Has there been any clarification as to whether the changes went live as intended? I’m not sure how the entire act changed but one fight I looked at was the Agent Venom in 6.1.1. His HP rose about 50% while his attack rose a little less than 20%. Not sure if I made a mistake, but I was under the impression that the values would be decreased across the board instead of increased, unless I misunderstood something.
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 268 ★★

Pre nerf

Post nerf

Why is the health pool bigger?
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Thiartc said:

Pre nerf

Post nerf

It’s in the original message. They have a target health pool per lane. Which means in long lanes the health per fight went down, in very short lanes it went up.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Thiartc said:

Pre nerf

Post nerf

It’s in the original message. They have a target health pool per lane. Which means in long lanes the health per fight went down, in very short lanes it went up.
    But shouldn't it only affect the lanes & not the boss ??
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 268 ★★
    I read that pools would be adjusted, but up, for a “nerf” 🤔
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    So I think I kinda understand why health values were increased in some quests (maybe), but why were attack values increased as well? The initial post stated that attack values were to be returned to be more forgiving. Doesn’t that mean attack values should’ve gone down & not up?
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    This is amazing . Thank you so much . Although I got lucky and found the Champion fight quite easy ( still don’t know how I did it so easily considering my mediocre skills ) I found 6.4 so frustrating I have pretty much given up on actually finishing it . But today ? I went easily through 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 and barley had to use revives two three times and if I had paid more attention I probably could have done it without revives at all . If I push myself I could probably become thronebreaker in a single day while before I didn’t think it was going to happens t all without massive annoyances .

So thanks . I am now really curious about the Grandmaster fight . Now I can see myself actually teaching it :)

Will also be interesting to see the Thronebreaker rewards for July 4th. Oh foes that thing where if we became a thronebreaker during the event you could get both Cav and thronebreaker awards still working ? That will be nice
  • Options
    the__crowthe__crow Posts: 3
    hello i did carina 2 missions in marvel champions tournament game. I didn't get the reward after doing the carina 2 quest. carina 2 reward not showing.Carina 2 quests seem to be missing and therefore I cannot complete carina 2 questsCarina 2 quests seem to be missing and therefore I cannot complete carina 2 quests. If you look at the picture I uploaded, you will understand the situation.

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    the__crow said:

hello i did carina 2 missions in marvel champions tournament game. I didn't get the reward after doing the carina 2 quest. carina 2 reward not showing.Carina 2 quests seem to be missing and therefore I cannot complete carina 2 questsCarina 2 quests seem to be missing and therefore I cannot complete carina 2 quests. If you look at the picture I uploaded, you will understand the situation.

(Sam Jackson voice)

Say. Carina 2. Again.
  • Options
    NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    I never thought i would say it. But I am kinda liking the act 6
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    the problem is not just with the increased health in post "nerf" vs pre "nerf"... the PI is higher and also the Rank which affect the challenger as well.