Options

When can we expect details on Juggy's new buff?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,281 ★★★★★
    NGL, that looks a little hellish for Defense.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Best buff of 2022?

Wanna see some gameplay but it looks like easy to use nasty sp2 and very unstoppable.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    The gem being disabled while any non-damaging debuff is applied is kinda harsh. Should've been while under the effects of slow or similar debuffs rather than ALL non-damaging debuffs imo.

Synergies look uninspired.

The trade-off between maintaining unstoppable buffs and entering maximum momentum seems really off. Maximum momentum just sounds like it's really weak compared to maintaining a good amount of unstoppable buffs. When I think "maximum" anything, I think better than normal. Obviously, gotta try it out before I make a final judgement but my initial reaction is this was not fleshed out nearly as much as it could have been.

I think all special attacks should have paused unstoppable buff decay for "x" amount of seconds, increasing with the respective special (ie, SP1 pauses for 3 seconds, SP2 pauses for 6 seconds, and SP3 pauses for 9 seconds).

The sig ability seems really nice. The nullify looks pretty good if you maintain a high stack of unstoppable buffs. The weakness as a debuff and only a 5% damage reduction looks like you can use that in so many situations to get knocked down by some weak hit and get free healing off willpower.

All in all, I'm still pretty excited to try out my Juggy. He seems like he could be fun.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 468 ★★★

I really thought he'd get some new synergies
    Oh well.

Timing his Maximum Momentum special attacks is going to be... a thing, though

I am most bummed about the lack of synergies. I am excited to try him though. He could be pretty cool.

Wished his unstoppable was immune to nullify. I'm down for removing them via non-damaging debuffs but I would've preferred abilities like Dr. Strange's nullify ability to be useless against it.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,795 ★★★★★

so parry and no more unstoppable now .. makes any champ effective against him and not just science or slow inducers.

Parry-stun will not be consistent and fail most of the time
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,075 ★★★★★

so parry and no more unstoppable now .. makes any champ effective against him and not just science or slow inducers.

Parry-stun will not be consistent and fail most of the time
    LOL big facts ... most noticeably against him now. 😂
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,076 ★★★★★

at 10 stacks on unstoppable he loses them all for a unblockable attack? so we lose the whole attack bonus for a measly unblockable attack? (sure it could be useful at times but i definitely feel like not, if a opponent was autoblocking then we would have a hard time getting to 10 unstoppable buffs anyway)
    am i reading this right people?

The idea seems to be to expend those 10 stacks on the sp2, specifically. It will grant a 200% fury buff for 10 seconds, be unblockable, and deal some hefty burst damage. Add onto that the fact that he passively has a 50% damage boost from the Gem of Cyttorak, it looks like his attack value as a 6* r3 for a well used sp2 will be 10,580.5. And again, half that damage will be dealt again as burst damage. And the fury lasts for 10 seconds, not just the duration of the special.

So to quote from KarateMike: uhhhh… that’s pretty decent.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

at 10 stacks on unstoppable he loses them all for a unblockable attack? so we lose the whole attack bonus for a measly unblockable attack? (sure it could be useful at times but i definitely feel like not, if a opponent was autoblocking then we would have a hard time getting to 10 unstoppable buffs anyway)

The idea seems to be to expend those 10 stacks on the sp2, specifically. It will grant a 200% fury buff for 10 seconds, be unblockable, and deal some hefty burst damage. Add onto that the fact that he passively has a 50% damage boost from the Gem of Cyttorak, it looks like his attack value as a 6* r3 for a well used sp2 will be 10,580.5. And again, half that damage will be dealt again as burst damage. And the fury lasts for 10 seconds, not just the duration of the special.

This math assumes that the 10 unstoppables are consumed when firing the sp2 and before contact. If the 10 unstoppables last through either the first hit or the entire special, that’s an additional 3023 attack value for a 6* r3, plus the 50% burst. Pretty. Decent.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    So essentially, the Juggernaut buff = Mystic Rhino?
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 468 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

This math assumes that the 10 unstoppables are consumed when firing the sp2 and before contact. If the 10 unstoppables last through either the first hit or the entire special, that’s an additional 3023 attack value for a 6* r3, plus the 50% burst. Pretty. Decent.
    If that's the case.... not bad. I still don't like the idea that Juggy is stopped by meager non damaging buffs. His unstoppable buff should be similar to The Thing (immune to nullify but able to be stopped by slow)
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    I'm still trying to figure out how to even land a basic combo on the guy if he has stacks of unstoppable removed one at a time and will be difficult to parry.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    Weird buff and I like it!
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

If that's the case.... not bad. I still don't like the idea that Juggy is stopped by meager non damaging buffs. His unstoppable buff should be similar to The Thing (immune to nullify but able to be stopped by slow)
    I just reread the part about how Maximum Momentum works. It only consumes your unstoppables if you attack into block. If the enemy isn’t blocking, your unstoppables aren’t consumed. So that brings the total power of the sp2 for a 6* r3 Juggernaut to 13,783.5 + 50% physical burst damage. That is unboosted and not accounting for any synergies or masteries you may be running to boost his attack further.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,754 ★★★★★
    Definitely looks like Juggy will have a unique playstyle now.

Those synergies look like an afterthought, though.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Definitely looks like Juggy will have a unique playstyle now.

Those synergies look like an afterthought, though.

All of the recent synergies for the buffed champs have.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,075 ★★★★★

I'm still trying to figure out how to even land a basic combo on the guy if he has stacks of unstoppable removed one at a time and will be difficult to parry.

hence the quandary ... could be quite the puzzle and it could NOT be quite the puzzle.
  • Options

hence the quandary ... could be quite the puzzle and it could NOT be quite the puzzle.
    He doesn’t start the fight with any unstoppable, and he only gains it by dashing forward or landing a hit. Parry off the start and you’re good. Also, if you can reparry, you’re good. Also also, each unstoppable only lasts for 1.25 seconds. So if you can just eat a combo into block to bait a heavy, that’ll probably work too
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 124 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Will the Collossus synergy be updated or will it work as an extension to the amount of time they fall off? It makes unstoppables last 2 seconds longer
  • Options
    HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    It should just be Slow, Weak, Petrify and knock the champion down to remove the Juggernaut's main ability.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Wicket329 said:

He doesn’t start the fight with any unstoppable, and he only gains it by dashing forward or landing a hit. Parry off the start and you’re good. Also, if you can reparry, you’re good. Also also, each unstoppable only lasts for 1.25 seconds. So if you can just eat a combo into block to bait a heavy, that’ll probably work too
    Doesn't his last synergy with himself cause him to start with 3 unstoppables? Or am I reading that wrong?

No, you’re right about that, but except for Arena, there’s nowhere that synergies are active on defenders. That’s probably why it’s a self-synergy and not in his base kit.