Options

When can we expect details on Juggy's new buff?

Comments

• Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 370 ★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey Kabam,

I know it might be early since it's only Monday but is there an ETA of when Juggernaut's buff details will be coming out? I'm so excited to finally see our boy wreck people in the battle realm!

As long as they don't add his sig ability into base kit and give him a new sig ability that makes him like 2% more useful than pre-buff.

And also, please don't make him reliant on his sig ability to be good lol
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 847 ★★★
    Had this idea a while back for a juggs buff.

It’s pretty bad tbh, I did it at work because I was bored 🤣

Passive

Juggernaut’s helmet protects him from psychic attacks when not stunned, causing them to deal 80% less damage, as well as making him passively unstoppable for 1 second.

Cyttorak’s embrace provides immunity to reversed controls and poison effects.

Tough skin provides +1500 physical resistance and -40% bleed potency reduction.

On dash in

If juggernaut is under the effect of an unstoppable, he takes 50% less damage from incoming attacks (excludes sp3) and is immune to all nullify, stagger, fate seal effects for the duration of the dash. He also pauses all fury and unstoppable effects.

Heavy attacks
    Once every 10 seconds, gain an unstoppable buff for 3.5 seconds. If already unstoppable, instead gain a non-stacking fury buff granting 1800 attack rating for the rest of the unstoppable duration.

Place an 8 second stagger. If unstoppable, place an additional stagger, lasting double duration.

Light attacks

Pause unstoppable effects. If this attack intercepts the opponent, juggernaut instead refreshes an unstoppable effect.

Special attacks

Refresh one stagger, nullify upto 3 buffs and pause unstoppable and fury effects.

Special 1

Inflicts a 1 second stun, increases by 0.5 seconds per unstoppable or stagger effect on either champion. This has a maximum duration of 2.5 seconds.

Special 2

Gain a fury passive increasing attack rating by 2250 for 15 seconds. If unstoppable, the duration and potency of this fury is doubled.

If juggernaut already has a fury from his personal abilities, all fury effects are removed, and this attack instead generates 2 of the above fury effects.

Gain an unstoppable buff for 5 seconds after this attack ends.

Special 3

Juggernaut gains an indestructible and unstoppable passive for 3.5 seconds. If the opponent is stunned during this attack, juggernaut also gains a power gain passive, granting 50% of a bar of power over 5 seconds.

If unstoppable before this attack launches, juggernaut doubles the duration of the unstoppable passive.

Signature ability - nothing stops the juggernaut

When dashing
    While dashing, Juggernaut’s attack reduction from incoming hits is increased by a flat [25-35]%.

Additionally, specials are unblockable if juggernaut is unstoppable.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey Kabam,

I know it might be early since it's only Monday but is there an ETA of when Juggernaut's buff details will be coming out? I'm so excited to finally see our boy wreck people in the battle realm!

HEADCRUSH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 479 ★★★
    My guess is that he's going to become a pretty annoying defender and a lackluster attacker
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

I personally would love to see him based off Marvel v Capcom Juggs. Just look at that size.

Plus, with Strikers, I could easily pretend it was Marvel v Capcom
  • Options

Mr.0-8-4 said:

I personally would love to see him based off Marvel v Capcom Juggs. Just look at that size.

Plus, with Strikers, I could easily pretend it was Marvel v Capcom
    My man really works out.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 468 ★★★

*wind blows leaves nearby*
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,075 ★★★★★
    would have loved an animation update or even design update but hey it is what it is. i'm looking forward to it nonetheless. one thing for sure, anything is going to be an improvement lol
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Buttehrs said:

Fabwizi said:

If this buff is underwhelming it's probably the final nail in the coffin for any hype around the buff program.

Theres almost no way they could possibly make him, antman or rocket any worse than they already are. They are 3 of the most dull and lackluster champs with almost zero abilities. Their bio pages are short you can't even scroll.
    “Theres almost no way they could possibly make him worse than he already is”
    DPX enters the room
    Dpx actually had some sort of use prior. Juggy has nothing.
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
    Terra said:

Just waiting

Waiting for disappointment
    Yes as you can see plenty of back up plans
  • Options
    Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    I'm happy about the many excited posts and the anticipation of the Jugg update. The mood was similar in the run-up to the Jane Thor - Buff. After the buff was out, there were many disappointed expectations. Hopefully it's different this time and the Jugg - Buff keeps what everyone here is hoping for.
  • Options

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    I mean, there's nothing wrong with looking forward to these things. I think what Jax is saying is something that I've maintained a long time. It's important to look at these with an open mind. Sometimes we get carried away, and when the outcome doesn't compare, it's a disappointment. I know that some of these are seen as a complete miss, and I don't fault people for having their own views. I just think it's best to look at these with more of a blank slate rather than what we feel they should have.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

Excited to share that (if all goes according to plan) we will have the Juggernaut Retuning info posted tomorrow!

This type of thread always makes me a bit nervous. With everyone throwing out their own ideas and building up their own ideal version of the character, this is where expectations can potentially over-inflate. But! We're excited for you to see the changes that have been made; the Content Creators seem to be pleased with what they've seen so far!

I'm super excited to see what the new kit is going to look like! With that being said, I completely understand what you mean @KabamJax. I'm going into this with an open mind and accepting that any changes to Juggy will be an improvement for the character.

I wanted to point out that we (the community) appreciate your feedback and interaction Jax. We understand there's a lot that goes into managing people's expectations, endless amounts of threads and addressing multiple game issues but the fact you still communicate back to the community and keep us updated, makes it easy to be more patient (well... for me anyway)

@RichTheMan shout out to Rich! Saw my thread in your video! That's was pretty cool!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

With everyone throwing out their own ideas and building up their own ideal version of the character, this is where expectations can potentially over-inflate.

Overhyped expectations?

On this forum?

Unpossible.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,075 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

Excited to share that (if all goes according to plan) we will have the Juggernaut Retuning info posted tomorrow!

This type of thread always makes me a bit nervous. With everyone throwing out their own ideas and building up their own ideal version of the character, this is where expectations can potentially over-inflate. But! We're excited for you to see the changes that have been made; the Content Creators seem to be pleased with what they've seen so far!

well that's not saying much because content creators are known to over inflate and sometimes miss the mark completely when it comes to how viable, relevant or improved a character is. the not content creators will be the ultimate judges.
  • Options
    21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 92 ★★

well that's not saying much because content creators are known to over inflate and sometimes miss the mark completely when it comes to how viable, relevant or improved a character is. the not content creators will be the ultimate judges.

I disagree. If anything, content creators usually UNDERSELL champs. Look at Spidey 99, Overseer, Nimrod, Ebony Maw buff for examples.

Sure, content creators aren't the end all be all for character viability, but they make a phenomenal effort to represent a lot of the player base, more than most realize. And yeah, they're wrong sometimes, but not everyone is right all the time.

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,317 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

When it comes to YouTube videos, I agree that Content Creators frequently overhype and swing between greatest meta shifter and lowest trash of trash and that’s about it. Especially if all you look at are thumbnails. In their private discussions with Kabam regarding champs/quests, they’re much more likely to call it like they see it.