**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Eternity of Pain Week 4 - Warlock [merged]

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,197 ★★★★★
    Honestly it feels like different attempts load up different AI profiles from a set list. Sometimes I get a really aggressive profile that is easy to intercept and throws specials, sometimes I get an AI that’s trying to prove that he’s turtley enough for the Turtle Club. Just gotta keep going at it until you get the kind of behavior you need for a good run.
  • Options
    ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 101
    FWIW, you don't have to intercept for the guaranteed crits when using Venompool if you are having trouble with Warlock's AI. With his Precision buff from the Blender Buffs he has a pretty good chance at getting RNG crits even if they aren't 100% guaranteed. It just makes a slow fight even slower, but you should be getting the Regen almost every time you do the SP1 to help make it safer.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,856 ★★★★★

I hate to turn off suicides + WP for the A-force objective but yeah

I didn't do it, but had to use 3 expiring revives with Cap Marvel Movie.

Altough I will need to remove them for the Tech objective (don't have a warlock), so I'll do it close to the end so I can take advantage and do the final week right after
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,772 ★★★★★
    Pro tip: AI is less likely to throw a special if you do a 4-hit combo and block than if you do a full 5-hit combo and block.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Hate that the average time to throw an sp1/sp2 is way less then the average time to throw sp3.

I mean, not that I don't have thoughts on AI, but this is a point that I never got.

When the defender gets enough power for an sp1 or sp2, it tends to want to throw it when it might intercept you. It is programmed to try to not just throw it into a block. Thus, the odds that you just leave yourself open for a combo and get hit by the special really soon are pretty low. The problem that a lot of people have with "passive AI" is that they play it safe and don't leave themselves open enough for the AI to think it has a chance.

An sp3 bypasses the chance of a blocking attacker and can be thrown at any time (except when getting hit) and regardless of the opponent's blocking status or position. It would be ridiculous for the defender just to hold it until an appropriate time, so it doesn't (usually).

Edit: just read this again and realize that I got it backwards..... but are you saying that the defender usually waits longer to throw an sp3?? When has this been the case?
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Altough I will need to remove them for the Tech objective (don't have a warlock), so I'll do it close to the end so I can take advantage and do the final week right after
    What was your strategy with CMM? I had a few tries with my 6r3 and I was getting nowhere. Any tips appreciated.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★

What was your strategy with CMM? I had a few tries with my 6r3 and I was getting nowhere. Any tips appreciated.
    I believe the name of the game is break the Cleanse off Warlock so you can armor break him then hit him with your Special. I believe the most efficient way would be to either intercept him twice (once for the armor break and the second for the Crit Passive). Similarly, you can hit into Warlock's block a few times so the Cleanse is taken away and you can armor break him then Special attack
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Using power boost is something you don't want to forget about this week
  • Options
    HilldarHilldar Posts: 199 ★★
    I used venomoool and two revives. If I can do it, anyone can. Just a long fight. I could see an easy solo for good players. I’m not one of those!
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Which pre-fight for Venompool do you think is the best for increased potency for this fight? I was thinking energize but maybe one of the fury or attack increase would be better?

energize by far. you'll get to specials faster, and that's where you're getting your damage from anyways
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,305 ★★★★★

5* R4 Kamala Khan with 20% Champ + Attack and Health boost.

3 revives though. Didnt feel worth it to bring her to R5 just for 1 fight.
  • Options

I tried CMM as well and similarly, didn’t feel that it was going anywhere with her since armor breaks cause you to degen and power drain, parries get cleansed, plus you’d have a hard time building charges and sp2 to deal some good damage.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I tried CMM as well and similarly, didn’t feel that it was going anywhere with her since armor breaks cause you to degen and power drain, parries get cleansed, plus you’d have a hard time building charges and sp2 to deal some good damage.
    What's your thought for the team in next week to deal with these 4 champs?
  • Options
    Reference said:

xNig said:

Tbh, didn't put much thought into it, and it depends alot on the objectives. Will give it some thought and reply you in awhile. =)
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Reference said:

xNig said:

Tbh, didn't put much thought into it, and it depends alot on the objectives. Will give it some thought and reply you in awhile. =)
    Thanks =)
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    sorry for stupid question, english not my native language, but why is everyone telling to intercept, i didnt see anything about the nodes or most used champions skill that has anything to do with intercept, what did i miss?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

sorry for stupid question, english not my native language, but why is everyone telling to intercept, i didnt see anything about the nodes or most used champions skill that has anything to do with intercept, what did i miss?

Only critical damage from special attacks will damage him. If you intercept all your attacks are guaranteed critical for a short time. Special attacks can’t crit if warlock has an armour buff though.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★
    Got the solo with R3 Warlcok and R2 VP on the first day. For some reason the AI was on my side lol

• Options
    SuelGames said:

That’s cause he has the cleanse passive that will instantly remove your stun and degen you + you get guaranteed crits for 7s after intercepting him.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

This is the worst node combination and objectives among all eop

This was the easiest one with the paragon objectives. Solo with warlock, sigil and hood for the others almost solod both. Got lazy didn’t wanna try for the solo. Almost got it with sigil but my last hit on her special 2 didn’t crit for some reason (maybe infections) and needed to revive with 10% left
  • Options
    Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    They are making us use our heads to form a strategy then we try a lot times just for one more point at the end they give us unuseful heroes… It doesnt surprise me lots of people quitting the game. Hard challengs with broken system and ridicilous rewards…