**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EOP average dev revives

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
Would the Kabam team be willing to say what's the average amount of revives the Dev team used while testing the EOP fights pre release? Would be a good gauge to see how well/bad we're doing on our runs. I know lots of people quit and retry dozens and dozens of times trying to get the 1 or 2 shot, but I'm sure there's a "the mean revives used to clear Warlock was X revives" as a performance benchmark during testing.

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Chovner said:

Would the Kabam team be willing to say what's the average amount of revives the Dev team used while testing the EOP fights pre release? Would be a good gauge to see how well/bad we're doing on our runs. I know lots of people quit and retry dozens and dozens of times trying to get the 1 or 2 shot, but I'm sure there's a "the mean revives used to clear Warlock was X revives" as a performance benchmark during testing.

In testing they always ensure the fight is soloed… not based on revives… that is how they know it is doable otherwise they won’t add a fight that cannot be soloed.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I suppose they have skilled players as advisors (like Dorky Dave) in testing counter. Take Warlock as example, they will make sure CGR should not be part of the objectives or otherwise some players can get him in 24 secs. I also tried but not as skilful as UKM yet I can still one shot him in a minute. If use VP, it is talking about 500+ hits in 5 mins……

https://youtu.be/BFlY_UVKVSg
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    What I wouldn't mind is seeing the stats from kabam at the end of something like this. Number of attempts/revives used etc.

Perhaps even a leaderboard of some sort where we are ranked by points received with revive use as the tiebreaker (earliest win takes the spot in the event of another tie) and some extra rewards for top XX to spice it up a little.

I'm only competing against myself but it would be nice to know where I stack up against others (I stink, I'm sure there are plenty of us out there)
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

I dunno man feels like they only thing they have to verify is that the fight isn't impossible.

But is anything truly impossible for Unit-Man?

Obviously "just throw enough units at it to brute-force" is bad fight design.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Chovner said:

In testing they always ensure the fight is soloed… not based on revives… that is how they know it is doable otherwise they won’t add a fight that cannot be soloed.
    And you know this how?
    Not the same thing but in cartoon network.com there was these build your own level type of things with Ben 10 and such. You could publish your level design for others to play provided you soloed the level. Granted there was nothing as revives in them
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Chovner said:

And you know this how?
    Not the same thing but in cartoon network.com there was these build your own level type of things with Ben 10 and such. You could publish your level design for others to play provided you soloed the level. Granted there was nothing as revives in them
    The same logic is applied in trackmania, you can only publish a map if manage to set a completion time yourself.

Chovner said:

And you know this how?
    Mate it’s just like if you’re cooking for some guests, you check the taste for every ingredient in the dish Before serving it and if it doesn’t taste good I don’t think you’ll serve it to your guests. Similarly, the devs test the fight multiple times with multiple champs to see if it can be done in a single go or not. If not then the question is why?
    In some cases i can agree they might set some bar for how many revives it’ll take to defeat like collector and abyss collector and labyrinth maestro( even some of these fights can be soloed now with proper skill or high ranked champs or some certain OP champs).
    Moreover i think i can say it pretty surely that all the EOP fights can be soloed.

• TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    The question is even if they told us 1 revive average. Would you believe it? 😏
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

Who would that help? If someone uses more revives they'll say Kabam lied or they used less because they're devs. Terrible idea.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

Chovner said:

So... you are saying they solo'd all the fights in the 4 star starlord Carina's challange?
    That’s be impossible so there’s point isn’t valid at all
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I’m only curious about the average revives used by the community. Lol.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    As long as the few elite players can do it in a solo its fine. Thats what they base it on. If the best of the best can do it then its great design it just "pain" as designed.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Are people actually finding EOP fun? I mean I do it and its frustrating and a pain in the A but I do it just for the rewards but do people actually find this fun?
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

we dont get rewards for a "solo". We get rewards for clearing.

Why is it even called a "solo" if you can only bring one champ in the first place?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

we dont get rewards for a "solo". We get rewards for clearing.

Why is it even called a "solo" if you can only bring one champ in the first place?
    Because a solo is a solo fight. Reviving makes it not a solo fight as you’ve had to do the fight more than once to achieve the win. The definition isn’t a strict rule on “it can only mean this thing and not that thing”
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    They have brought out a lot of fights that can’t be solod that’s not a requirement for them to put out a fight. Lol.

I took him with warlock and solod after 7-8 attempts. I 1 revived him with hood and 2 revived with sigil witch (I tried like 8-9 times got him to 11% and said eff it)
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

I’m only curious about the average revives used by the community. Lol.

Warlock took 2 revives, venompool solo… jk 5 revives lol
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Are people actually finding EOP fun? I mean I do it and its frustrating and a pain in the A but I do it just for the rewards but do people actually find this fun?

Yep, it’s pretty much the only content I have left unless I want to do Carina LoL/AoL paths - which I don’t. The challenge is also nice. This was better than Overseer IMO. Easy solos with Venompool and Warlock for the objectives. I’m not Paragon yet so didn’t have to deal woth 3rd.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Searmenis said:

The dev team's job is to insure that the fight is in a doable level, due to nodes etc. It's not their job to be top players and too skilled to play, so a comparison to their gameplay is not an accurate source to answer the revives thing.

If your ensuring the fight is doable while not raising concerns over Hercules rediculous nodes combined with passive AI or noticing Overseer being bugged I question how good a job your doing.
    That's a completely different subject, not the case here.

And you know this how?

Chovner said:

So... you are saying they solo'd all the fights in the 4 star starlord Carina's challange?

Not at all i told there are exceptions, carina challenges I believe are in a way made so you can/have to spend your revives in it. It is majorly for the endgame players who have completed all the content in the game and have stacks of revives laying around in stash expiring.