What’s the most annoying fight you’ve ever faced?

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    The Act 6 Sinister boss was ridiculously annoying soon after he came out. I had gone through other quests pretty cheaply, but I just did not have a counter as a 5/6* champ (the annoying part was that several synergies could have made other champs viable, but the synergy champs were 4*) so I went in with I think a R3 OG Hulk and anded up using probably 30 revives (mostly in inventory). Wasn't proud of it, but it wasn't really my fault.

6.3.1 Do You Bleed Medusa was annoying because I didn't think I had a counter for a long time, but then after waiting around for a good pull, I found out that Aegon can bypass the node by hitting into block. Wasn't even hard after that, but I still think that work around of the node is really stupid.

Then clearly both versions of the Collector are ridiculous. Unavoidable degen (for almost every champ), random unstoppables that can appear mid-combo, ridiculously difficult SPs to dex that also cause massive block damage, etc...
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 723 ★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Arguing with GW

🤣🤣🤣

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Surprised no one mentioned the Gwenpool in 6.2.5 I did not have a counter
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    No retreat Champion boss.
  • TendersquadTendersquad Member Posts: 198
    I don't remember the specifics but the Sasquatch ambushes in that side quest awhile back. I still get anxiety every time I see a Sasquatch fight.
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Member Posts: 133 ★★
    Was it Ice Phoenix back in the day? I was still new and my roster wasn't advanced enough to handle her in the EQ that I think she was in.
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    There was an aspect of war rhino in act 6 somewhere that I despised.

Abyss Luke Cage
    Abyss Collector
    Acid Wash Mysterio
    Variant 8 Venompool before they nerfed him
    That Hulkbuster in Variant 3 2* chapter
    Lifecycle in general, but that Sassy in Guantley sucks
    Magik in Variant 1 chapter 1
    Debuff immune Spidey OG in Act 5
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    That AQ Map 5 Human Torch mini-boss for the very first week of AQ Season 9.5.

Also, there was a debuff immune Rhino with safeguard in RttL Chapter 4 when I was still new to the game that made me throw my phone across the room.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,303 Guardian
    The OG Unblockable Guillotine. I think she was in the second ever UC EQ, but I've tried to erase that entire month from my memory since then so who knows. No fight has ever driven me more crazy since. Not Ice Phoenix, not Lagacy's Symbiote Supreme, not Grandmaster Sassy, not EoP Blade. Unblockable Guillotine with her fifty meter long sword back when Parrying was still considered a high skill accomplishment.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    The fights I think actually annoyed me the most were: ROL wolverine when I couldn't get Guilly to work, eventually beat him with a 3* Star Lord and a 1511 hit combo, Act 4 Maestro with arc overload when I didn't have a champ that could overcome it, and slashed tires Juggs. ROL Maestro was annoying before I got his SP1 timing and he kept proccing regen. At the same time, these were some of the most satisfying fights to overcome.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,363 Guardian
    Both thanos of 2018 may event quest
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    5.4.6 Ultron. I have managed to complete everything up to 7.4.6 but that Ultron was still the worst by a mile
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    Iso fantastic Gwenmaster. I spent 2700 units on that single fight because I couldn't do the objectives and intercepts only as she becomes unblockable after 15 hits.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,303 ★★★★★

Iso fantastic Gwenmaster. I spent 2700 units on that single fight because I couldn't do the objectives and intercepts only as she becomes unblockable after 15 hits.

😬 Seems pride becomes before fall. 2.7k units, yeez
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

😬 Seems pride becomes before fall. 2.7k units, yeez
    I had tried it five times before with no luck, and since it was all that was left for 100% Act 7, I was fine with it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    There is a man thing boss somewhere in story quest that really, really annoyed me.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,549 ★★★★★
    mmmbanyas said:

Was it Ice Phoenix back in the day? I was still new and my roster wasn't advanced enough to handle her in the EQ that I think she was in.

now she feels like a basic 2 star iceman but with huge health pool in act 7. cheese
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    Forever ago in an EQ.
    Mister Fantastic had a bunch of nodes including limber.
    The AI was anti-intercept and I quickly lost parry stun ability.
    Mr F was just moving back and forth across the screen insanely fast and looked like a Space Invader.

Luckily, I was using Blade.
    The parry stun wasn't working, but the parry bleed was!!
    It was the slowest kill I have every done.
    Thank goodness for Deep Wounds.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    mmmbanyas said:

It wasn’t even that you didn’t have an advanced roster. Back then, there was I think one champ in the game that was coldsnap immune, Mephisto. If you didn’t have him, you had to use Rogue and do the fight from like 10% health or use a skill champ with a shrugging mechanic like Agent Venom and just pray you shrugged off the coldsnap. Otherwise she just ripped through your health without ever touching you.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Act 1 chapter 1 quest one. Captain America OG
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,363 Guardian
    Wicket329 said:

mmmbanyas said:

It wasn’t even that you didn’t have an advanced roster. Back then, there was I think one champ in the game that was coldsnap immune, Mephisto. If you didn’t have him, you had to use Rogue and do the fight from like 10% health or use a skill champ with a shrugging mechanic like Agent Venom and just pray you shrugged off the coldsnap. Otherwise she just ripped through your health without ever touching you.
    I remember using my r4 or r3 4* agent venom to do that fight. Losing 10k health from the coldsnap was absurd when. You only had r4 4*s.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Diablo he drinks my entire alcohol stash
  • Gr3ggAsht0nGr3ggAsht0n Member Posts: 3
    Either nameless thanos from the side quest afew years back,
    Or mysterio on the last path of the spiderham boss rush,

Both brought me close to tears!
    Hundreds of units spent on revives and couldnt do it!
    Haha
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Act 6 Medusa.

Took so many tries and eventually I just had to unit man through.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    The Champion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Arguing with GW

• UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 564 ★★★
    6.2 champion prenerf this guy was annoying after nerf he’s just simple and not hard anymore especially with the counters today he’s no longer hard to beat
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Also, when Aegon first appeared as an EQ boss, I didn't even have a 4* AA and he just kept getting more ridiculous the more you fought him. Some bosses have been hard but that was just punishing.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★
    Back like 1-2 years ago there was the Shang Chi Boss Rush. Global nodes were invade and stuff like that. Fights were She Hulk, Tigra, Hit Monkey, Sunspot, and Mr. Negative. I had no business even trying that quest but I was thirsty and wanted those sweet rewards. For reference my top champ then was probably like 5* r3 Falcon. But I am decently skilled at this game and wanted to try. People were going through the whole entire thing with Corvus, but I only had 3* Corvus. So I maxed him out and was able to finish the quest using only him with helpful synergies. Ton of revives but to me it was worth it and the relief of finishing that quest was immense. Go back and check my post history if you really want
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Member Posts: 231 ★★
    Variant 8 venompool (pre-nerf)