End of Gifting... [master-thread]

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,679 ★★★★★
    Now we can all say thanks to our 5 free crystals a year from the calendar we always get. Unless they still have milestones of course.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    Dang, now i kinda wish i picked up the 10k unit offer from Act7 haha you win some you lose more
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Dang, now i kinda wish i picked up the 10k unit offer from Act7 haha you win some you lose more

Another reason their timing is horrible.

All the unit offer's i passed on to save for christmas time? Wouldve been nice to know.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

All the unit offer's i passed on to save for christmas time? Wouldve been nice to know.
    Their timing would always piss off a few people that “just passed up” the offer.
    So telling people about an event they know people drastically save for, 4 months before it happens, after the act 7 deal came out (an that was a problem in itself), is just a few people?

For many, that act 7 bundle was account changing. Some definitely passed, just like others, in an attempt to save. Disagree with me all you want, but defending the communication theyve had with such a large event like gifting is awful respect to the vast player base that takes part in this. Especially considering they were getting better at communcation recently (shoutout kabam jax).
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    I'm happy to hear this. Too many frauds getting r4s and not being in top 100. Kabam should've banned those accounts at least for a month.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

Siliyo said:

bdawg923 said:

Only reason I have an alt account is to send myself GGC. Have 9000 units saved up since last gifting event. All down the drain. Ridiculous

That’s a lot of kudos to give to yourself
    Profile pics and titles are the most useless items in the game.
    If they made profile picks into a modifier (e.g. use Hawkeye profile pic, Hawkeye gets 10% boost) and more niche ones that served like mini-masteries... then they would be heavily sought after. As it is... 99.99% of them are a waste of code, and an insult to what could have been.

Get one in an incursions crystal... sorry, you could have had shards or gold, but accept this shiny repeated title instead.

I guess we will just have to wait for them to be reinvented as gear instead.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    They should've announced this the day after the gifting event ended last year.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    This is really confusing in their profit aspect...
    They are planning to create a new crystal with the same contents inside.. probably at the same price...
    They will probably have an alliance event similar with the points being gained towards how many of those crystals a member opens and not gift...
    This will probably cut off all the bots that sell discounted GGC per value...
    Its all good and gravy... But who on their right mind would ever open cav crystals now? 🤣
    Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Their timing would always piss off a few people that “just passed up” the offer.
    So telling people about an event they know people drastically save for, 4 months before it happens, after the act 7 deal came out (an that was a problem in itself), is just a few people?

For many, that act 7 bundle was account changing. Some definitely passed, just like others, in an attempt to save. Disagree with me all you want, but defending the communication theyve had with such a large event like gifting is awful respect to the vast player base that takes part in this. Especially considering they were getting better at communcation recently (shoutout kabam jax).
    When would it have benefitted you? A month ago? Two? How about a year? It doesn’t matter, it’s done. Move on. No matter when they told people the timing would be “horrible”.
    Would've been nice to know once the previous event ended. As if they didn't know they'd cancel it. You make it seem like there is no optimal time. There actually was and they horribly failed at communicating this change
    bdawg923 said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

When would it have benefitted you? A month ago? Two? How about a year? It doesn’t matter, it’s done. Move on. No matter when they told people the timing would be “horrible”.
    Would've been nice to know once the previous event ended. As if they didn't know they'd cancel it. You make it seem like there is no optimal time. There actually was and they horribly failed at communicating this change
    So how many alts did u actually lvled in the past 8 months?...
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,679 ★★★★★
    Just had a random thought, what if we earned shards for the new "gift" crystals like we do current monthly eq/sq shards? That way ftp players can still get more than just what the holiday calendar usually gives.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,450 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

They are planning to create a new crystal with the same contents inside.. probably at the same price...
    They will probably have an alliance event similar with the points being gained towards how many of those crystals a member opens and not gift...
    Its all good and gravy... But who on their right mind would ever open cav crystals now? 🤣

There are whales who spent on gifting and whales who will buy these crystals. Everyone else just farmed for units. The people who grinded units and spent those on gifting never really contributed financially to the game. They still won’t be able to. Whether they buy these crystals or not doesn’t really change profit margins for kabam!!
    Coppin said:

So how many alts did u actually lvled in the past 8 months?...

just 1.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Love that they've given us the head's up.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Thousands will sleep better tonight knowing less grandparents aren't going to be fleeced to pay their outstanding tax bill by itunes cards over the phone or risk going to jail. Well done on getting rid and shutting down the scam operations which thrived on this event.

This is a big plus true.
  • fastsliverfastsliver Member Posts: 1
    I spent hours and hours grinding many accounts to get units to buy carb cores on my main account. I would hate to see that time spend all wasted
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

There are whales who spent on gifting and whales who will buy these crystals. Everyone else just farmed for units. The people who grinded units and spent those on gifting never really contributed financially to the game. They still won’t be able to. Whether they buy these crystals or not doesn’t really change profit margins for kabam!!
    U r right on the aspect that people who spend will spend regardless (Whales)
    The casual player will actually assess if a 300 unit cav crystal is really worthy...
    The profit margin... This is where i completely disagree...as the official post said.. 850k crystals were acquired fraudulently.... Probably bot farms at a discounted rate.. lets just imagine.. 10 ggc for 60 bucks.. well those 60 bucks will go to kabam directly now..
    Bugmat78 said:

Odachi said:

Thousands will sleep better tonight knowing less grandparents aren't going to be fleeced to pay their outstanding tax bill by itunes cards over the phone or risk going to jail. Well done on getting rid and shutting down the scam operations which thrived on this event.

This is a big plus true.
    Yeah cause scammers only sell to mcoc players....🤣
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★

But on the other-hand there’s just so many despicable people out there, and the global chat is just cancer but with extra steps. And even showing generosity was weird because of the culture the game created. I would send people free items and then they would reply “Oh man now I’ve gotta grind arena to pay you back this sucks” Which to means is just baffling. It’s like the concept of “Gift” doesn’t really exist in this game.

Yeah, too many people thinking like this:

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Just bring back those 2020 crystals that gave me 6* CGR, Ibom and Ihulk only a few months after they debuted :)
  • AinyAiny Member Posts: 258 ★★★
    I will remain dubious about this new event until we see it in the game (purely judging by the last 2 summoner appreciation events which... were not great). and as one person in my ally chat mentioned, alliances are now more optional than ever, unless they finally start addressing how obsolete almost all of the ally events' rewards are.