**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

End of Gifting... [master-thread]

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    You will most likey just buy your own crystals
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    I'll wait to see ALL the details on the new event before I judge Kabam and decide if I want to spend money this holiday season. I don't like making long term decisions based off a short term feeling.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Murkz said:

I cannot believe that Kabam are now removing the LAST fun and interactive event remaining in this poxy game! I have played this game since its inception, and year after year, change after change, I have endured, and I have stayed.....

Now before you all jump down my neck and say its "abit extreme", let me tell you the reason I am disappointed (along with many many other of us OG players)....

My ingame alliance and friends are THE ONLY reason I have endured week after week, month after month of repetitive and obsolete content.

Our daily conversations and banter is what keeps this game alive for me. The Xmas gifting event is THE ONLY event which puts EVERYONE on that even keel. A newer player has the SAME CHANCE to get that Weapon X or Thanos from a crystal. And we have sweated ALL YEAR to grind out units on our accounts ready for the event. And now kabam leaves it until SEPTEMBER to tell us???

This is diabolical. Alot of my alliance feels the same and I am seeing alot of uproar in chat rooms and fb pages. Many saying they'll wait to see what this update to the event will be, but if there's not a SUFFICIENT adjustment to keep that fairness for all, then maybe it's time to hang up the thumbs....

Interested to hear from anyone who is feeling and seeing the same within their circles....

Sounds like you have a hatred for this game 💀 Just quit if it's that deep for you. You can always stay in contact with your mates without having to play the game.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

If you have alt accounts, just be prepared to gift whatever "Consumables" to your main or whoever. If you have been putting off Abyss, Carina's challenges, or story content, December will be the month for you to complete it without having to grind for revives or potions.

Given that this might be quite a lot of consumables, it would be a nice point at which to extend the time things can spend in the stash.

Or at least have some rank-up materials in there; not just potions and energy refills.

🤔🤷‍♂️ I guess we'll find out in a few months...
  • MurkzMurkz Posts: 5
    I cannot believe that Kabam are now removing the LAST fun and interactive event remaining in this game! I have played this game since its inception, and year after year, change after change, I have endured, and I have stayed.....

Now before you all jump down my neck and say its "abit extreme", let me tell you the reason I am disappointed (along with many many other of us OG players)....

My ingame alliance and friends are THE ONLY reason I have endured week after week, month after month of repetitive and obsolete content.

Our daily conversations and banter is what keeps this game alive for me. The Xmas gifting event is THE ONLY event which puts EVERYONE on that even keel. A newer player has the SAME CHANCE to get that Weapon X or Thanos from a crystal. And we have sweated ALL YEAR to grind out units on our accounts ready for the event. And now kabam leaves it until SEPTEMBER to tell us???

This is diabolical. Alot of my alliance feels the same and I am seeing alot of uproar in chat rooms and fb pages. Many saying they'll wait to see what this update to the event will be, but if there's not a SUFFICIENT adjustment to keep that fairness for all, then maybe it's time to hang up the thumbs....

Interested to hear from anyone who is feeling and seeing the same within their circles....
  • RaymondWhatNoGGCRaymondWhatNoGGC Posts: 2
    edited August 2022
    With so much “consumables” at the end of the year I can easily do all the Carina’s challenges with autofights 😎 #bringbackGGCevent
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    I doubt final decisions have been taken on exactly what will be 'giftable'.

I hope that at least a few rank-up materials and mastery cores can be gifted.

I also hope that they review inventory limits; as otherwise an awful lot of stuff will still get wasted as it'll expire.

But we'll find out closer to the time, I guess.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    I'd expect mastery cores to still be giftable, as well as potions and boosts. As a rule of thumb, I'd look at my inventory tab. Anything that shows up under "Items" that is normally giftable (meaning not including things like sig stones and awakening gems) will likely remain that way for this last event.
  • FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    I like that they are trying to finally after 7 years weed out the scammers, bots, and frauds. But I will be sad to see this event go because so many looked forward to GGC every December. But I sort of seen the writing on the wall this past December when for the first time they offered you a chance to buy 10 GGC for yourself for $50USD twice during the event. They probably took the sale numbers they got back from that and realized that they will make just as much if they just make a crystal that is basically the same as a GGC, take "Gifting" out of the name and just sell it in the crystal store or unit store straight up. Because we all have to agree those GGC crystals are great they have awesome materials and are extremely valuable. So as long as they have something equivalent to those that I can still get this Holiday season I'm ok with this. I am anxious to see how they will replace the rank rewards from alliance and solo gifting though? Because those rewards were a HUGE part of how fast this game started progressing over the past 2 years. I mean the majority of the first group of Paragon players would not of had those 3 rank 4 6* champs if it wasn't for gifting rank rewards. So let's be honest we all want to see less cheating but we also want the same juicy rewards and that's where Kabam needs to be smart about how they handle this event now. IMO they can't miss on this event this year or it could be really bad for them going into 2023 because the community already is split on how they feel about Kabam and the trust level is not what it used to be.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★

Personally I am not a fan of the change.
    For the last 8 months I have spent 6.99 a month across 4 accounts to save units for the gifting events.
    Now that we are nearing X-mas I am to find out all these months of spending and saving were useless.
    I find it very unfair that to punish those who do not follow the rules, those that do follow the rules are SOL. I have 4 accounts but only 1 "main" account.

Ouch.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    “Tell us what stuff you want to be able to gift and we’ll make sure it’s not on the list”

This is going to create a nightmarish 2-week window where you can revive your way through whatever un-fun content you want for outdated rewards (Carina vol 1…what up)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    How does this event will fix the problem with fraudulent units or exploiter's? Do you plan to not make the crystals purchasable at all or to set up a cap on them?

Because otherwise, this will be a big fail again
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Bugmat78 said:

Odachi said:

Thousands will sleep better tonight knowing less grandparents aren't going to be fleeced to pay their outstanding tax bill by itunes cards over the phone or risk going to jail. Well done on getting rid and shutting down the scam operations which thrived on this event.

This is a big plus true.
    Yeah cause scammers only sell to mcoc players....🤣
    I meant from the game's aspect, not from the scammer's aspect. There will always be scammers - always have, always will. Less will be able to scam in game during gifting.
  • ChiefhobChiefhob Posts: 9
    Adevati said:

Took away the only method of grinding I enjoy.

You can still make alt accounts and play on them if you want. If you enjoy that then this really shouldn't change anything.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Can the full details of the gifting replacement event be out before black friday so we can make an informed chocie on how to spend units?

It felt like the unit deals from black friday were short last year compared to the gifting but I guess that was because it was before Paragon existed so the need for r4 mats were different.

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Loss of a lot of unit card subscriptions for sure
  • Do we know if the "Kudos" are gonna cost units? If so how much?
  • TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 255 ★★
    edited August 2022

Do we know if the "Kudos" are gonna cost units? If so how much?

I forsee it being like Overwatch and thus mostly pointless.
  • Is the replacement for GGC gonna cost units? i just wanna know so we can save units
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

If half the playerbase leaves because they prevented Fraud from occurring, then that's not the half we want to save.
    Did I say that? #sorry

Why do you spin everything negative then run with that negative assumption? I've grinded thousands of units over the last year on my alt account. I did it for gifting... am I a fraud in some way? Are the 97%+ of people just like me also frauds to you? Or does that 3% fraud that needs to be stomped out supersede all of the rest of us?
    You implied in your Title that they cut the playerbase in half. The reasons for taking this route have been outlined. I've witnessed all kinds of shady, and in some cases illegal, behavior. Unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the benefits. That's just where we've come to.