**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

End of Gifting... [master-thread]

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    Just bring back those 2020 crystals that gave me 6* CGR, Ibom and Ihulk only a few months after they debuted :)
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    I will remain dubious about this new event until we see it in the game (purely judging by the last 2 summoner appreciation events which... were not great). and as one person in my ally chat mentioned, alliances are now more optional than ever, unless they finally start addressing how obsolete almost all of the ally events' rewards are.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Dang, now i kinda wish i picked up the 10k unit offer from Act7 haha you win some you lose more

Another reason their timing is horrible.

All the unit offer's i passed on to save for christmas time? Wouldve been nice to know.
    Their timing would always piss off a few people that “just passed up” the offer.
    So telling people about an event they know people drastically save for, 4 months before it happens, after the act 7 deal came out (an that was a problem in itself), is just a few people?

For many, that act 7 bundle was account changing. Some definitely passed, just like others, in an attempt to save. Disagree with me all you want, but defending the communication theyve had with such a large event like gifting is awful respect to the vast player base that takes part in this. Especially considering they were getting better at communcation recently (shoutout kabam jax).
    When would it have benefitted you? A month ago? Two? How about a year? It doesn’t matter, it’s done. Move on. No matter when they told people the timing would be “horrible”.
    Yeah. No one should ever be accountable and no one should ever complain because the past is the past.

Kabam released 7.4 then announced paragon almost immediately after. This is the same kind of “oh…NOW you tell us?!” nonsense. I came up with five different solutions above that would’ve reduced or eliminated instances of fraud and still allowed the community to enjoy this.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Jaded said:

Skiddy212 said:

Dang, now i kinda wish i picked up the 10k unit offer from Act7 haha you win some you lose more

Another reason their timing is horrible.

All the unit offer's i passed on to save for christmas time? Wouldve been nice to know.
    Their timing would always piss off a few people that “just passed up” the offer.
    So telling people about an event they know people drastically save for, 4 months before it happens, after the act 7 deal came out (an that was a problem in itself), is just a few people?

For many, that act 7 bundle was account changing. Some definitely passed, just like others, in an attempt to save. Disagree with me all you want, but defending the communication theyve had with such a large event like gifting is awful respect to the vast player base that takes part in this. Especially considering they were getting better at communcation recently (shoutout kabam jax).
    When would it have benefitted you? A month ago? Two? How about a year? It doesn’t matter, it’s done. Move on. No matter when they told people the timing would be “horrible”.
    Yeah. No one should ever be accountable and no one should ever complain because the past is the past.

Kabam released 7.4 then announced paragon almost immediately after. This is the same kind of “oh…NOW you tell us?!” nonsense. I came up with five different solutions above that would’ve reduced or eliminated instances of fraud and still allowed the community to enjoy this.
    Dude.. do u really think that 2 or 3 crystals lost in "trading fraud" is what they want to stop?
    They want to get the money from the black market ggc.. yeah it sounds a bit weird to call them black market ggc... But there are many farming accounts that sell ggc for 60-70 dollars...they want that money too!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

bdawg923 said:

Raganator said:
    Or.... Revenue isn't their main concern but user experience and preventing fraud is..
    :D:D:D:D:D:D LMAOOOOOOOOOO
    You laugh but much of what they said is exactly that 🤷
    And very cleverly you missed the point where they talked about 850,000 GGC obtained illegitimatelly? that's was revenue lost for Kabam. Now they will make even more money as everyone have buy those by themselves (no alts etc..).

So at the end it is more a financial move to make more money but they have to paint it as if they care about people been scammed.

You forget how many times Moderators closed the thread of people asking help when they got scammed and kabam didn't care as gifting is not trade.
    You don't have the details of the event but know this is about making more money? Got it.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 754 ★★★★
    To all the people here spamming disagrees, I am so sorry you got scammed last year 🥺 🥺
  • Options
    Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Honestly I'm just glad I was part of the last gifting event last year. It was pretty fun even with all the flaws and outrages. It was my first and last classic gifting I guess. Looking forward to what comes next!!
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

Nice, this is QOL improvement. No more "trade ggc you send first" in global, no more ggc beggars and scammers in global come holiday season. thank kabam!

People who trade ggc in global deserve to get scammed. Trade with your trusted alliance mates and none of this would be an issue
    That's like saying people who walk with their phones out in public deserve to have them stolen 💀
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Nice, this is QOL improvement. No more "trade ggc you send first" in global, no more ggc beggars and scammers in global come holiday season. thank kabam!

People who trade ggc in global deserve to get scammed. Trade with your trusted alliance mates and none of this would be an issue
    That's like saying people who walk with their phones out in public deserve to have them stolen 💀
    That is nothing like that but okay weird take I guess
  • Options
    bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

The only weird take is you saying that people who place their trust in others deserve to have it broken 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

The only weird take is you saying that people who place their trust in others deserve to have it broken 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Show me where I said that please. I'll wait
  • Options
    bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Must I spell it out? If you trade on global your basically trusting the other person to return the favour with a GGC.
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Must I spell it out? If you trade on global your basically trusting the other person to return the favour with a GGC.
    Why would you advocate trading on global?
  • Options
    bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Not trying to advocate for it but my issue is with you saying "they deserve to get scammed."
    Nobody deserves to get their trust broken for trusting another person.
    Should've just rather said they'll learn/grow from it.
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Not trying to advocate for it but my issue is with you saying "they deserve to get scammed."
    Nobody should be trusting a random stranger on the internet either. Maybe start with that
  • Options

Unio77 said:

To be honest I don't care at all.
    If it's getting replaced by something else will equal value then what's the issue 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm guessing you didn't spend money and save?
    Nope don't spend money on gifting and I can barely save units for the life of me
  • Options
    bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Nobody should be trusting a random stranger on the internet either. Maybe start with that
    See now you're getting somewhere. Much better than saying "tHeY dEsErVe To GeT sCaMmEd"
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

Unio77 said:

bdawg923 said:

See now you're getting somewhere. Much better than saying "tHeY dEsErVe To GeT sCaMmEd"
    It cant even be called a scam.. its a gifting event...not a trading one..
  • Options

Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

To be honest I don't care at all.
    If it's getting replaced by something else will equal value then what's the issue 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm guessing you didn't spend money and save?
    Nope don't spend money on gifting and I can barely save units for the life of me
    I understand, if I was in your position, I would also be Kool with it and welcome the change.
    I think i may join you on this no spending spree
    However I do see yours and other ppls point.
    I find just playing the game in a chilled manner whilst doing stuff at your own pace makes things way more enjoyable.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    If you have alt accounts, just be prepared to gift whatever "Consumables" to your main or whoever. If you have been putting off Abyss, Carina's challenges, or story content, December will be the month for you to complete it without having to grind for revives or potions.