**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act8.1 Delay: Consumables expiring [UPDATE: 10am PT, Sept 14]

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

You guys don't understand the amount of work Kabam has on their hands. I'm f2play and have about 4-5000 units worth of revives expiring before the act 8.1 release. I'm in the same boat as you, but I know that there is a great deal of stress on Kabam. Whenever they release something that's good, there's always something that someone criticizes. When something bad happens, such as a bug, we are all too fast to blame Kabam. They are made out to be the bad guys, when in reality, this is a game they made for our enjoyment. Sure, they profit from it, but who in their right mind would do that for free? I'm willing to bet that Kabam is working on this situation know, even though the details are not yet revealed. If you don't like how Kabam is running the game, just know that they're not stopping you from quitting. If you do spend money on this game, I'm sorry that it ended up like this for you guys.

How bad are you at this game that you felt the need to farm 4000 units worth of revives? Did you lose your thumbs in the war, my dude? Did you play act 7? Cuz you could explore that whole thing with a substandard roster for less than that.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

Ceder said:

Hey all,

Thank you all for your patience. We're still actively looking into what we can do in this situation. We recognize that our info going out wrong affected a lot of player's planning and preparation, and we want to do what we can to address this with our limited timeline.

Changing expiration timers or anything like that is not possible. We've tried it in the past, and it did not work, and only created more problems. Currently, we are exploring a trade-in store for items. I know it's not the exact same thing as giving players an extension on Potions or Revives, and even explored doing a 1 for 1 trade... but that would just end up with the same items in the Stash since you're trading 1 inventory item for another item that goes right back into your inventory.

I wish I could confirm this for a certain time, but the team is still working to get this done as fast as possible.

Again, anybody that purchased Items for units should be reaching out to our Support team, who are prepared to help. If you had already done that and didn't get an answer that reflected your concern, please send another ticket.

We will post more details as soon as we have them.

I say just scrap any ideas of a trade in store and just send out a compensation to all players Thronebreaker and up
    a compensation wont work either cause every one has different amounts of
    items saved and its the same comp for players who farmed
    and players that didnt farm so not fair to the players that spent hours grinding to get the same stuff as someone that didnt grind

a comp is better then nothing but i dont think its the best

Well it's not a matter of fairness in this sense, everyone gets what they want, there's no real reason to complain
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

You guys don't understand the amount of work Kabam has on their hands. I'm f2play and have about 4-5000 units worth of revives expiring before the act 8.1 release. I'm in the same boat as you, but I know that there is a great deal of stress on Kabam. Whenever they release something that's good, there's always something that someone criticizes. When something bad happens, such as a bug, we are all too fast to blame Kabam. They are made out to be the bad guys, when in reality, this is a game they made for our enjoyment. Sure, they profit from it, but who in their right mind would do that for free? I'm willing to bet that Kabam is working on this situation know, even though the details are not yet revealed. If you don't like how Kabam is running the game, just know that they're not stopping you from quitting. If you do spend money on this game, I'm sorry that it ended up like this for you guys.

I don’t think you understand how much work goes into running a kitchen, does that mean you shouldn’t complain when the chef spits on your food, no one’s stopping you from leaving the restaurant. If you already paid for your food I’m sorry it ended up like this for you.
    Having a large work load is no excuse for sloppiness on this level if you’re not going to do it right there is no point doing it at all. A small piece of information that was available to them months ago would have made all the difference had it been given to us.
  • Options
    ManbatnManbatn Posts: 65

Hey all,

Thank you all for your patience. We're still actively looking into what we can do in this situation. We recognize that our info going out wrong affected a lot of player's planning and preparation, and we want to do what we can to address this with our limited timeline.

Changing expiration timers or anything like that is not possible. We've tried it in the past, and it did not work, and only created more problems. Currently, we are exploring a trade-in store for items. I know it's not the exact same thing as giving players an extension on Potions or Revives, and even explored doing a 1 for 1 trade... but that would just end up with the same items in the Stash since you're trading 1 inventory item for another item that goes right back into your inventory.

I wish I could confirm this for a certain time, but the team is still working to get this done as fast as possible.

Again, anybody that purchased Items for units should be reaching out to our Support team, who are prepared to help. If you had already done that and didn't get an answer that reflected your concern, please send another ticket.

By the time support responds act 9 gonna be out 🤣
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

Hey all,

What about for the next week swapping the sell for a trade function directly in stash? Could that work?
    Items would come from the stash and go directly back into it as newly acquired..
    Failing that what about slightly changing the item we’re trading for.. the item does the exact same thing just has a slightly different name or look.
  • Options
    Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Posts: 235 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike trade in won't help with expiring items. Think about it. You're trading an item from your inventory (no time limit) for the exact same item that is gonna go back into your inventory.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Trade for those valentine potions/ revive things or poutines and allow them to be used for 30 days in any content where revives and potions are allowed.

I like the idea of trading for tokens that can then be cached back in for the same type of item the token was purchased with too. That would solve the energy refills. There has to be a useless item(s) in the past that can be used as a hold over for this.
  • Options
    @TyEdge I've explored every bit of content possible. As a f2play player, I rely on having a full stash as safety for future events such as Act 8.1 and EOP. I obviously don't need all of the potions I've saved up, but it doesn't hurt to have them. Also, if Kabam had a legends run for Act 8.1, I would definitely be prepared to do it.
  • Options

Hey all,

If you do the one trade in store, couldn't you guys do something similar to that of the Valentine revives. For example, if we were to trade in 1 team revive, we would get 1 team revive of equal value but it would be a valentine revive? When I say Valentine revive, I just mean a different form of the same revive so that it doesn't go into the overflow or expire.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Uno >>> Reverse >>> Reverse on one of these options. Still can't think of anything specific for energy refills other than doing the same with some generic, old, unused item at random just for the purpose of a temp trade in.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/181641/announcing-the-sequel-to-love-is-a-battlerealm-3-love-is-a-battlerealm-3-ii/p1

• Options
    OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Posts: 51
    edited September 2022
    Eliminate cap on item storage (even if temporarily), revert item expiration to 31 days (a change you made mid month without informing us in the first place), or if those or the other clever strategies in this thread don’t work, allow us to send stuff to stash any time.
  • Options
    Fire_3Fire_3 Posts: 129
    edited September 2022
    Here is an idea. We should be able to sell our L1 Revs and Energy refills for some type of easy codable currency, then once we get the currency we should be able to buy back L1s and Refills with this currency. For Example I convert 15 L1s for 15 (Currency), with this I can buy 15 L1s for 15 (currency). I think making this trade shop for 2-3 items should be possible to make in quick time. (Not a tech guy haha)
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Hey all,

I don’t know if this is helpful but I’m thinking back to past Kabam events for inspiration, including the ongoing summer camp event.

Make a store. Make a token. The token costs one revive to obtain. Revives also cost one token to obtain. Let’s say you have 15 L1 revives in your inventory and 30 in your stash. Sell the first 15 for 15 tokens. Claim 15 from stash. Sell the second 15. Claim the third 15 to refill your inventory. Sell your 30 tokens for 30 revives and you’ve effectively reset the timer to 14 days, avoiding all this unpleasantness.

The store closes in a week. Do the same thing (with a different token) for energy refills. Everyone has the ability to effectively reset the timer on their revives.

The token acts as a middle man/buffer/dummy item to avoid your one-in/one-out problem with the trade-in store.
    As someone piped in above, it was the poutine I was thinking of, not the romance potions. But yeah. This idea I posted above mirrors what @Fire_3 said this morning and seems like the smoothest answer.

The small/large refill thing works too.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    To make a like for like.. do 2 x level 1 revives for 1 x level 2 revive... then also have 1 level 2 revive for 2 x level 1 revives. That way we end up with what we had and time extended
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Hey all,

A Trade in store 1-1 would not work...
    It would re-stack the item instead of sending it into overflow...
    19 stack limite
    Trade 1.. 18 + 1 new one =19 🤣
    The only solution is making the stacks bigger temporarily or permanently...
  • Options

@Kabam Miike trade in won't help with expiring items. Think about it. You're trading an item from your inventory (no time limit) for the exact same item that is gonna go back into your inventory.

Rofl a lot of people disagreeing with you.. and not computing the fact that you are right...

19-1+1=19...
    It will re stack the new item cause there is a temporary slot 🤣🤣 not send it to overflow
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Rofl a lot of people disagreeing with you.. and not computing the fact that you are right...

19-1+1=19...
    It will re stack the new item cause there is a temporary slot 🤣🤣 not send it to overflow
    People aren’t disagreeing because Op is wrong, they’re disagreeing because Miike never said a trade in like that would work. They’re disagreeing with OP feeling the need to correct
  • Options

Coppin said:

19-1+1=19...
    People aren’t disagreeing because Op is wrong, they’re disagreeing because Miike never said a trade in like that would work. They’re disagreeing with OP feeling the need to correct
    Oh come on.. u have been in the forums long enough to know that people will disagree with anything that wont benefit them.
    They would have to make a different item to trade for..kinda like those love potions or the maple syrup potions
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

19-1+1=19...
    Oh come on.. u have been in the forums long enough to know that people will disagree with anything that wont benefit them.
    They would have to make a different item to trade for..kinda like those love potions or the maple syrup potions
    Read Miike’s post again and tell me he didn’t say that a trade store like the one OP mentions won’t work.
    I'm not talking about the OP, talking about all the people who disagree with the person i Quoted .
    And people posting answers like this .

I would say unlimited 1:1 would be the safest and fairest approach — in my experience, 2 20% revives are generally more valuable than 1 40% revive.

How is an infinite -1 + 1 gonna solve anything ..
  • Options
    Joestacks85Joestacks85 Posts: 177
    5 minutes away from when it was supposed to launch and we’re all still sitting here waiting for an update.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

19-1+1=19...
    Read Miike’s post again and tell me he didn’t say that a trade store like the one OP mentions won’t work.
    I'm not talking about the OP, talking about all the people who disagree with the person i Quoted .
    And people posting answers like this .

I would say unlimited 1:1 would be the safest and fairest approach — in my experience, 2 20% revives are generally more valuable than 1 40% revive.

How is an infinite -1 + 1 gonna solve anything ..

—————————-

Edit: quoting was messed up. Below here is my post.

You were talking about OP - Lemon Man. You said you didn’t know why they were disagreed with.

The reason they were disagreed with is because they corrected Miike, when Miike had said the exact same thing. This is a fairly pointless conversation to go round in circles about, so feel free to check Miikes comment and you can see that @Lemon_Man44 was correcting Miike over something Miike had literally said.

Miike says that a 1:1 trade would put items right into stash.

Lemon man corrects Miike and says no, a trade would put items right into stash.

Again, this is just black and white so I don’t think I’m gonna carry on trying to persuade you of it, feel free to believe it or not but it’s literally just reading.