**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Root mechanic and champ counters ?

TreoTreo Posts: 389 ★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
The root mechanic is getting used more and more in the game. Personally it is a problem for me. I ain’t asking for a change. I have a similar problem with reversed controls but champs
Do exist that counter that mechanic so I can still do those fights. I am wondering if there is ever gonna be a root mechanic counter mechanism in a champ and if there would be a timeline on this that could be shared when this would be the case.

Sure I can do the fights and try to prevent the root from triggering but the timer in The game is pretty short so I cannot prevent it from happening completely for example in the Titiana fight. Result is I trow a team of champs into the fight till she is down but I always try to solo as much fights as I can in which I find the most enjoyment being able to solo a fight.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    I'd say the best root counter we got in the game right now is a duped rintrah. He is extremely tanky and getting rooted is pretty much a non-issue for him and can make him even more powerful. He also heals a lot when duped and at a decent sig while rooted.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 624 ★★★
    Most roots are debuffs, so anyone that can shrug or cleanse can work, the passive ones, throwing a special usually breaks it
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    There is a counter mechanic. Throw your special. Although, this month was particularly trash by special locking us for 3 seconds. Thats a real dirty move by Kabam. I had some issues with it this month but managed to play through it. Very annoying tho for sure
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,047 ★★★★
    Not to derail OP's thread, but I've been feeling a similar way about glancing mechanics for a while now. Forget nodes that can give glancing to anyone, but there's a handful of champs now that have that in their kit as a basic defensive mechanic.

Would be nice to see a champ come out that can counter that too.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Not to derail OP's thread, but I've been feeling a similar way about glancing mechanics for a while now. Forget nodes that can give glancing to anyone, but there's a handful of champs now that have that in their kit as a basic defensive mechanic.

Would be nice to see a champ come out that can counter that too.

I've commented before that a glance immune or conditional glance immune champ is coming. It will happen with Root as well. I think Kabam is just still giving root some time to see if it's really going to stick (pun intended). It's a somewhat common node with it popping in AW for example but it is still incredibly rare to be seen in a champion kit.
    They have opportunities to change how certain effects work to instantly create a lot of counters to these if they choose such as Guaranteed Crits taking priority over Glance and having Unstoppable bypass Root for example. Counters will come eventually however Kabam chooses to implement them.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    I hate this root shet tbh