These matchmaking accounts are way too stacked for VT

Comments

• DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 584 ★★★

Better question is why do you believe you deserve to advance past plat 2 when you still have 5 stars in your deck?

I have several five stars and I’ve made glads every single season. I’m diamond 1 rn boutta be glads and still have Nick AA Peni Parker dragon man and HM has five stars. So he definitely “deserves it” more than anyone else. I’ve been facing 3mil+ accounts back to back to back with 20+ r4s and even some accs with an r5! I’m still crushing them!

How many 17k accounts did you fight on your way up to Diamond 1 this season?
    The average matchup the opponent is 15.5k prestige. I’ve beaten a 16.5k and a 16.8k. I’ve faced two 17ks with r4 idooms and stuff but I lost in the third round to them. I am 13.3k prestige myself cuz I made the mistake of r4ing QS. Just saying don’t give up the second you see the account, some people with massive accs aren’t very smart and good at bgs.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

A_Fungi said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Better question is why do you believe you deserve to advance past plat 2 when you still have 5 stars in your deck?

So I should just stay in gold because of my 5* and not my skill in the game 👌

Last season I made it to GC with the same 5*'s cause matchmaking was actually at the same level and came across similar decks

What makes you think an account with 5* and no 6* should make it to GC, only top players belong in GC, you're not one of them because your account is not big enough to be at the top. You shouldn't even be in plat 2 as a matter of fact so I don't know what you're complaining about.
    Smaller accounts shouldn't be climbing up the ladder quicker than those with bigger accounts and because we're all competing for same rewards, there's no such thing as "I should be facing people with the same deck strength and level as mine" cause then you're just completely ignoring 50% of the competition with no downsides whatsoever which is absolutely ridiculous. I'd understand the complaint if you were facing those accounts in Bronze 3, that would be unfair indeed but you're already in Plat 2 my guy.
    I never said I didn't have 6* in my deck I'm saying out of 30 champs 13 of them are 5* I wouldn't come here complaining if my whole deck was just 5* that's just stupid

My point I'm making is last season I was coming across people with similar rosters of 5* and 6* not just straight 6*'s with damn near the whole top being r4's clearly that just shows pay to play is the way how u get high in the VT and GC

Meanwhile there are accounts who have all r4 or at least nothing less than r3 6 stars in their battle deck who are stuck in bronze - gold.

This is because of this extremely unfair prestige based matchmaking process that has allowed far weaker rosters (that many 5 stars in battle deck is a fairly weak roster in today's game meta) to avoid stronger rosters for easier path to better rewards than far stronger rosters.

Please tell me why you think you should be able to fight only similar rosters without fighting those stronger than you when you are competing for the EXACT same rewards as them?

You know this matchmaking system has allowed a far weaker roster like your to get better rewards than far stronger rosters that would wipe the floor with you all because you haven't had to face them? Please tell me how that is fair to those who have taken the time (or spent the money) to progress their rosters?
    What better rewards are u referring to? I've still seen the same rewards as all the other seasons so not sure what's better

And again if I, with 5*'s in my deck because I don't have loads of great 6*'s, climbed up to plat 2 that should show that I have had better defensive and offensive choices in the matches that I've played against other paragon players. Now it's at a point where even that doesn't matter because their stacked account severely out weights my smart decisions in battle. Even for paragon players to not make it out of bronze if freaking crazy how do u not see the matchmaking is busted this season even with that realization?

They are the same rewards. The rewards you get for moving up through tiers are the same for everyone. So while your smaller account gets to shoot through VT, people who have invested more time/money and potentially more skilled are stuck in Silver and not getting those same milestone rewards for moving through VT.

How you don't see this is beyond me. Kabam should remove everything that determines matchmaking and it should just be one pool with all players. Then everyone can get the rewards they actually deserve.

I have 1 6r5 and 14 6r4, nothing lower than an 6r3 in my deck. Tell me why you should be able to climb through VT and make it to GC before me simply because your roster isn't as advanced.
    Because this is still a skill based mode, skill only can be measured with balanced matches, there's no value on winning because you have more rank ups than other player.

GC is where your roster will shine, because you get matched to people on your same tier.

VT should be as balanced as possible, and be measured by skill not by how much money or time you spent
    Please show me when Kabam has ever said that BG is supposed to be "skill based" or consist of "balanced" matches.

That's just something weak rosters say because they don't want to lose their easy path to massive BG rewards.
    Competitive modes where you play actively are skilled based, they dont have to say obvious things, and sadly my top champs are prestige ones so I usually play vs more jacked accs and still win, Im not mad about losing or not, but if this aint about skill then why make it vs players?

Lmao.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

A_Fungi said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Last season I made it to GC with the same 5*'s cause matchmaking was actually at the same level and came across similar decks

What makes you think an account with 5* and no 6* should make it to GC, only top players belong in GC, you're not one of them because your account is not big enough to be at the top. You shouldn't even be in plat 2 as a matter of fact so I don't know what you're complaining about.
    Smaller accounts shouldn't be climbing up the ladder quicker than those with bigger accounts and because we're all competing for same rewards, there's no such thing as "I should be facing people with the same deck strength and level as mine" cause then you're just completely ignoring 50% of the competition with no downsides whatsoever which is absolutely ridiculous. I'd understand the complaint if you were facing those accounts in Bronze 3, that would be unfair indeed but you're already in Plat 2 my guy.
    I never said I didn't have 6* in my deck I'm saying out of 30 champs 13 of them are 5* I wouldn't come here complaining if my whole deck was just 5* that's just stupid

My point I'm making is last season I was coming across people with similar rosters of 5* and 6* not just straight 6*'s with damn near the whole top being r4's clearly that just shows pay to play is the way how u get high in the VT and GC

Meanwhile there are accounts who have all r4 or at least nothing less than r3 6 stars in their battle deck who are stuck in bronze - gold.

This is because of this extremely unfair prestige based matchmaking process that has allowed far weaker rosters (that many 5 stars in battle deck is a fairly weak roster in today's game meta) to avoid stronger rosters for easier path to better rewards than far stronger rosters.

Please tell me why you think you should be able to fight only similar rosters without fighting those stronger than you when you are competing for the EXACT same rewards as them?

You know this matchmaking system has allowed a far weaker roster like your to get better rewards than far stronger rosters that would wipe the floor with you all because you haven't had to face them? Please tell me how that is fair to those who have taken the time (or spent the money) to progress their rosters?
    What better rewards are u referring to? I've still seen the same rewards as all the other seasons so not sure what's better

And again if I, with 5*'s in my deck because I don't have loads of great 6*'s, climbed up to plat 2 that should show that I have had better defensive and offensive choices in the matches that I've played against other paragon players. Now it's at a point where even that doesn't matter because their stacked account severely out weights my smart decisions in battle. Even for paragon players to not make it out of bronze if freaking crazy how do u not see the matchmaking is busted this season even with that realization?

They are the same rewards. The rewards you get for moving up through tiers are the same for everyone. So while your smaller account gets to shoot through VT, people who have invested more time/money and potentially more skilled are stuck in Silver and not getting those same milestone rewards for moving through VT.

How you don't see this is beyond me. Kabam should remove everything that determines matchmaking and it should just be one pool with all players. Then everyone can get the rewards they actually deserve.

I have 1 6r5 and 14 6r4, nothing lower than an 6r3 in my deck. Tell me why you should be able to climb through VT and make it to GC before me simply because your roster isn't as advanced.
    Because this is still a skill based mode, skill only can be measured with balanced matches, there's no value on winning because you have more rank ups than other player.

GC is where your roster will shine, because you get matched to people on your same tier.

VT should be as balanced as possible, and be measured by skill not by how much money or time you spent
    Please show me when Kabam has ever said that BG is supposed to be "skill based" or consist of "balanced" matches.

That's just something weak rosters say because they don't want to lose their easy path to massive BG rewards.
    Competitive modes where you play actively are skilled based, they dont have to say obvious things, and sadly my top champs are prestige ones so I usually play vs more jacked accs and still win, Im not mad about losing or not, but if this aint about skill then why make it vs players?

Lmao.
    Wrong... The NFL is a competitive league and not all teams have the same resources...
  • BigBusterBigBuster Member Posts: 292 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

I'm not sure why it's the case but certainly people with big accounts report having a much easier time going through the vt on their secondary smaller accounts.

It comes down to a combination of higher skill/knowledge combined with rosters that put pressure on that knowledge.

When your roster is pushing the top of the game, you bump up against the champion caps. While it is theoretically possible for players to have one or a few R5s, predominantly the top rank up you could be doing at any frequency is R4. Your roster can get wider, but it can't really get taller. Everyone's decks start "filling out" with the best BG and BG-meta champs.

But it is the wild west in lower progressing tiers. Every roster is different and no one has an optimal deck. In those situations, the player who knows more about who is a better match up against who, and who has more experience playing champs that are uncommon to play outside of BG will have a substantial edge.

Any *new* player who happens to know somewhat more than average or has somewhat more practice with unconventional champions will also possess that advantage, and be able to beat up the competition over and over again without ever being significantly challenged by stiffer competition. Once you are above average, you can maintain that edge almost indefinitely throughout VT, because at no time are you likely to run into a long stretch of players with even comparable, much less superior, mastery of the game.

Because stronger accounts have to play everyone, that's always the danger playing high roster strength accounts. Random chance will throw you against long strings of players stronger than you, unless you're among the top ten percent of all players. And that will often prevent you from stringing together enough wins in a row to advance, a problem that is far less common when you play a low alt. I don't win every match with my low alt. But losses are infrequent enough to not be a barrier to moving up in VT.
    Not even gonna directly attempt to enter the discussion because it seems like a wild ride, but I want to add to this point. By far my favorite BG's stream I've watched (which is not out of very many, and have been in the background) has been Seatin trying to break through with his new F2P account.

I've been Paragon for a while and have 8 (sitting on catalysts for my next but haven't decided yet) R4 champs. While I really enjoy BGs as a concept and they are extremely rewarding, it gets kinda boring up at the top. I'd liken it to professional baseball if anyone really cares about that. I've played a lot, and love the game, but occasionally pro games are a little boring. People are so good and so knowledgeable about the game that their accuracy and skill make it weirdly predictable and thus a bit less exciting. Sure, incredible plays and crazy errors can happen, but I'd almost rather watch high school baseball because the base level of skill is far lower, players aren't playing with the newest cleats/gloves/bats or play strategies. The ceiling is a lot higher and the floor is much lower, thus it is more exciting to me.

Now, I'm not quite to the account level of 30 R4s, but many of the people I face are close to that, and it is rare that an opponent has more than 1-2 5* champs (typically 0), and even that stat is thrown off by the occasional person with 1-3 2* champs on their roster. People's choices for the meta get predictable, my best counters get predictable, and I can often predict the opponent's choices based on the semi~objective best choices as defenders/attackers.

It can definitely come down to skill, but often, a single small mistake, or a champion being slightly higher ranked takes the cake, and my string of wins comes up with a slight loss to a major account. I'm almost tempted to just run through BG's with my alt because it seems more fun and that a player who actually worked (played) hard to get to the top would have a far easier time.

Just my two cents, hopefully it stayed vaguely on topic.
    agreed. almost every deck I see has ~20 identical champs (CGR/AA/Kingpin/Galan/Hulkling/Warlock/etc.) and it makes it boring
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

A_Fungi said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Lmao.
    So how do you explain every single other game mode in this game that has always given an advantage to more developed rosters? Why in the world should BG be any different?
  • Ravens20Ravens20 Member Posts: 77

Dangerx17 said:

Then it was broken last season. You are competing for same rewards as everyone else, why should you only face weaker rosters and end up with better rewards than stronger rosters without ever having to face them? That's beyond entitled.
    i don't think he's asking to face weaker roster but he would like to face roster similar to his i don't see the issues there if i feel bad when i face a roster with nothing but 5 stars and i have all 6 star R3 and 2 i easier steam roll them some of them quit mid way do i think its fair to those players even thou i benefit from the fight absolutely not, they should be facing similar roster or even a lil above but when im facing someone with 5* R4 and 5* 65 and im with 6R3 and 6R2 how's that fair to them. I'M in Gold and i just faced someone in Silver and it was a mismatch.

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Ravens20 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Then it was broken last season. You are competing for same rewards as everyone else, why should you only face weaker rosters and end up with better rewards than stronger rosters without ever having to face them? That's beyond entitled.
    i don't think he's asking to face weaker roster but he would like to face roster similar to his i don't see the issues there if i feel bad when i face a roster with nothing but 5 stars and i have all 6 star R3 and 2 i easier steam roll them some of them quit mid way do i think its fair to those players even thou i benefit from the fight absolutely not, they should be facing similar roster or even a lil above but when im facing someone with 5* R4 and 5* 65 and im with 6R3 and 6R2 how's that fair to them. I'M in Gold and i just faced someone in Silver and it was a mismatch.

Rosters similar to his are weaker rosters.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

A_Fungi said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Lmao.
    Wrong... The NFL is a competitive league and not all teams have the same resources...
    Fam, you are comparing scissors to breakdance, seriously.

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

A_Fungi said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Lmao.
    So how do you explain every single other game mode in this game that has always given an advantage to more developed rosters? Why in the world should BG be any different?
    Because every other single game mode in the game is not a competitive player vs player mode, it is as easy as that, its the first mode where the win or the lose will depend only what you do better than the opponent, and please, dont compare this to AW, would be quite senseless since both are way different in every way possible.

You are competing to see who plays better, not who has more money, we already have Xmas Banquet Event for that.

Y'all looking to BG like it is another event like the others we had, were you only have to pick the champs and rank them up to win. Its not, you have to play better and smarter than your opponent, and thats all it should be, pick the right champs, and play them the best you can with all the knowledge and skills you have, not just saying okay I need those on R4 because they smash and just spend 1k to get them there so everyone struggles playing with you because they cant do that.

We already have all the other game modes and events and quests and missions and objectives for this.

Making BG another pay to win mode would be the worse thing you can do to a competitive mode.

You dont win E-Sports because you pay more but because you play better, because thats all about in a competitive mode.

If you guys cant deal with a player that has a similar roster then the problem is that you are not skilled even if you spend every single month, complaining about it just proves it.

When I play vs a similar or even stronger roster Im confident I will win because I know Im good enough and I can play smartly and I have a good knowledge about the game itself.

But as I said, making a separate BG prestige with the top 30 champs would fix most of the BG matchmaking problems
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    K00shMaan said:

To be honest, I understand what you're saying, but there is also another side to it. BG skill is about BG skill. I can't look at that as an absolute and say the largest Accounts MUST advance faster because there has to be an element of winning their Matches. Same for lower Accounts. If someone is say, at the OP's progression, and they perform better in BGs then they deserve to advance. I have to say it has to work both ways. You can't argue that "fair" Matches are unfair, and expect progress to be accelerated purely based on size in the same breath.
    I've been pretty vocal about the need for something to average out at the beginning, but I also believe in the ability of someone to fight their way up. I don't automatically consider it the result of Matches just because a lower Account has advanced and people with higher Accounts aren't. You have to fight smart. You have to bring the right counters. Sometimes you have to invest in some Shields. You have to think on your feet depending on Bans and counters. So I'm not denying either side's arguments. I just think there's an element of people not beating their own Matches as well.

I'll focus on your last sentence about people beating their own matches. What you still seem to have trouble digesting is that there is an enormous difference between "own matches" at lower rosters such as a UC or Cav at 7-9k prestige compared to "own matches" of a low to medium paragon player who will have to face accounts stacked with 20+ r4 6 stars and newest elite defenders.

At the lower levels, a slightly above decent player can easily advance to GC in not much time. In the medium paragon area where you have to fight the best players and rosters in the game for every single fight starting in bronze 3, even a well above average player will struggle to pull off multiple wins ina row, making it ridiculously painful to even get out of early BG tiers.
    The difference is, at the Paragon level (the highest representative marker for progress), you should be able to overcome that. You can't rely on OP Champs and selective Ranking forever.
    You keep saying that Paragons should be able to overcome the challenge of facing other Paragons. But they're facing each other. When a Paragon matches another, 50% of them will lose. In fact, any Paragon that does have what it takes to rise above other Paragons makes is statistically impossible for all of the others to do so as well since, you know, they're almost exclusively facing each other. This is where something like BG Rating can help even without changes to matchmaking. You can have a system where if I match some who is by all accounts better than me, I can go into the match with less risk as well as the opportunity for greater reward because the game knows that they may have given me a lopsided match. In fact, you can actually balance this by changing both the Solo and Alliance Events rather than just the VT. If I get way more points for these events by queuing against 16K+ Prestige opponents than say below 10K ones, then the rewards I receive from those events could possibly justify not making as much progress on the VT. I want a system that takes into consideration the quality of your opponents before it rewards you, because if it doesn't, the only way for rewards to be fair is if matchmaking also doesn't take the quality of your opponent into consideration. You like to hate on War but this is one aspect that they've done a very good job integrating into the reward structure. If you are Tier 1 War and face 12 of the strongest Alliances and go 4W-8L, the mode understands that you are still pretty darn good at the game mode and you may still end up finishing top 20 or top 50. However, in BGs, If you are at the very top of the game and subsequently only match against the same caliber of player, you may only win 30%-40% of your matches and aren't able to get out of Bronze. But just by having a new system that acknowledges the quality of your opponent, you can compensate everyone appropriately for their performance without ever having to make UC/Cav take on elite Paragons head to head.
    That's literally a competition though. People keep asserting how much harder it is, but it's a competition throughout the entire thing. Obviously not every Paragon is going to rise against other Paragons. I wasn't generalizing that statement. However, if someone is arguing that people should advance more because they're Paragon, that's a falsity. They advance based on their own performance in the competition. You win, you go up. You don't, you stay put. Not because other people are winning their Matches. Not in the VT. There is no limit to spots.
    Yes. They're facing each other. Which means some will be more stacked than them. So are the lower Players. People keep using the comparison that they're not fighting the same strength, but they omit the fact that they're not using the same strength to do so as well. If you're going to make that comparison, you need the perspective of both sides. People like to say "You're nor fighting the same Players I am.", but they don't like to admit they're not doing it with the same Roster either.
    The people that are advancing legitimately are coming up against stronger opponents than themselves. They're just not coming up against opponents that are VASTLY stronger. Neither are the Paragons. Comparatively, there are similar disparages. It's all in the scoring. A Paragon's objectives are the same as an Uncollected's objectives. Win best of 3 by scoring more of the same finite amount of Points. That's it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zolobacsi said:

Zolobacsi said:

Dangerx17 said:

That's not entirely true. We are not competing for the same rewards as with your progress prices get lower in the store. In victory track shouldn't matter what stars you have on your team, you should be facing the same or close strength opponents. You with all 6* ignoring more than 50% of the competition, it's a different story that it means you are facing the higher strength bit of it. In GC yes, everyone against everyone so weaker champs won't stand a chance but in VT you should be able to progress. And I don't understand the logic behind that, how is it easier to face 5* vs 5* than 6* vs 6*?
    WRONG.

Everyone is in the same pool and earns the same rewards. Prices in the store have NOTHING to do with this. Enjoy your "hard earned' rewards that you "totally" deserved to get.
    I'm paragon and stuck in silver2 so.... Just because I agree with that the less stacked accounts should be able to enjoy the game mode too doesn't mean I'm not facing the same misery as you. I didn't get a single opponent who had the same strength or weaker. In VT they take absolutely nothing from you. If they would have any advantages in GC I would agree, but saying they don't deserve it is just jealousy and frustration. I understand it, the game is more frustrating than entertaining at the moment. Also, if you think it's easier to advance with 5 and 4 stars, use those.
    There's an opportunity cost in VT. If the matches were fair - meaning they were matching players by competitive strength rather than by roster like all other similar competitions do, including the Gladiator circuit itself - then as a low progress player starting winning against other low progress players, they would be forced to move up to competing against slightly stronger players, and then slightly stronger players than that, and then stronger players than that. Just like with Alliance War, players would gravitate towards competition they were genuinely even against, meaning opponents they tended to win against at a roughly 50% rate.

Instead, some players are matching against the same pool of players over and over and sustaining lower than 50% win rates, and other players are matching against the same pool of players over and over and sustaining much higher than 50% win rates. These players are only winning more often because other players are losing more often, because they are never required to play against them.

People talk about the extremes to make a point, but the truth is in any reasonable ELO-driven competition no Uncollected player would be getting matched against a 17000 prestige Paragon, unless that Uncollected player was MSD slumming it in an alt. We're not talking about UCs matching against stack Paragons. We are talking about UCs being protected from matching against stronger UCs and lower Cavs, and eventually if they win often enough, TBs. We are talking about accounts that are not sustaining higher than 50% win rates because they are better than everyone else, but rather only better than a small pool of players their matches are hand picked from.

The problem is not that lower progress players are somehow taking rank rewards away from other players in VT because there aren't any. And it isn't because they aren't handing Paragon's easy wins. In a fair competition there are no easy wins. Everyone keeps matching against stronger and stronger players until they start losing. When they find even matches, where they are winning about half the time, they stop moving upward. This is by definition fair matching.

Every player win corresponds to another player loss. By definition if one player is getting consistently higher than 50% win rate due to the fact that the match system protects them from stronger matches, it is mathematically certain that those wins are coming at the expense of someone else's losses. Mathematically speaking, if someone is moving upward in VT faster than would otherwise be true in a fair matching system, someone else must be moving upward slower. You can't necessarily point to who that is, because wins and losses are fungible, but we know this must be true.

The cost is invisible, but it is there, and it is high. We are handing some lower progress players wins by taking other higher progress players wins away.

Also, it was in fact easier to progress with 5/50 decks, when the game matched based on deck strength. But Kabam decided to put a stop to that. So you can't do that anymore. My low Cav alt, on the other hand, has been averaging a 75% or higher win rate in every season I've used it in so far, including this one. I do in fact beat the **** out of low progress players with that alt, which apparently is what I'm supposed to be doing under the current match conditions.
    Seems like the team has made a qualitative decision to favor certain classes of players over other classes in this mode. That’s an oversimplification, but there’s at least a kernel of truth in it. Until someone from player facing side of the game team comes forth (which they’ve apparently been hesitant to do) and explains what they are trying to accomplish with this mode, it’s more than reasonable to conclude it exists to give junior accounts a leg up whether they *earn* it or not.

Dr. Zola
    DNA3000 said:

K00shMaan said:

To be honest, I understand what you're saying, but there is also another side to it. BG skill is about BG skill. I can't look at that as an absolute and say the largest Accounts MUST advance faster because there has to be an element of winning their Matches. Same for lower Accounts. If someone is say, at the OP's progression, and they perform better in BGs then they deserve to advance. I have to say it has to work both ways. You can't argue that "fair" Matches are unfair, and expect progress to be accelerated purely based on size in the same breath.
    I've been pretty vocal about the need for something to average out at the beginning, but I also believe in the ability of someone to fight their way up. I don't automatically consider it the result of Matches just because a lower Account has advanced and people with higher Accounts aren't. You have to fight smart. You have to bring the right counters. Sometimes you have to invest in some Shields. You have to think on your feet depending on Bans and counters. So I'm not denying either side's arguments. I just think there's an element of people not beating their own Matches as well.

I'll focus on your last sentence about people beating their own matches. What you still seem to have trouble digesting is that there is an enormous difference between "own matches" at lower rosters such as a UC or Cav at 7-9k prestige compared to "own matches" of a low to medium paragon player who will have to face accounts stacked with 20+ r4 6 stars and newest elite defenders.

At the lower levels, a slightly above decent player can easily advance to GC in not much time. In the medium paragon area where you have to fight the best players and rosters in the game for every single fight starting in bronze 3, even a well above average player will struggle to pull off multiple wins ina row, making it ridiculously painful to even get out of early BG tiers.
    The difference is, at the Paragon level (the highest representative marker for progress), you should be able to overcome that. You can't rely on OP Champs and selective Ranking forever.
    You keep saying that Paragons should be able to overcome the challenge of facing other Paragons. But they're facing each other. When a Paragon matches another, 50% of them will lose. In fact, any Paragon that does have what it takes to rise above other Paragons makes is statistically impossible for all of the others to do so as well since, you know, they're almost exclusively facing each other. This is where something like BG Rating can help even without changes to matchmaking. You can have a system where if I match some who is by all accounts better than me, I can go into the match with less risk as well as the opportunity for greater reward because the game knows that they may have given me a lopsided match. In fact, you can actually balance this by changing both the Solo and Alliance Events rather than just the VT. If I get way more points for these events by queuing against 16K+ Prestige opponents than say below 10K ones, then the rewards I receive from those mevents could possibly justify not making as much progress on the VT. I want a system that takes into consideration the quality of your opponents before it rewards you, because if it doesn't, the only way for rewards to be fair is if matchmaking also doesn't take the quality of your opponent into consideration. You like to hate on War but this is one aspect that they've done a very good job integrating into the reward structure. If you are Tier 1 War and face 12 of the strongest Alliances and go 4W-8L, the mode understands that you are still pretty darn good at the game mode and you may still end up finishing top 20 or top 50. However, in BGs, If you are at the very top of the game and subsequently only match against the same caliber of player, you may only win 30%-40% of your matches and aren't able to get out of Bronze. But just by having a new system that acknowledges the quality of your opponent, you can compensate everyone appropriately for their performance without ever having to make UC/Cav take on elite Paragons head to head.
    That's literally a competition though.
    A competition is a contest whereby the goal is presumptively to sort the competitors by strength of competition. In other words, to find out who wins and who loses. If half the competitors only compete against each other and the other half only competes against each other and they never mix, that is not one competition, that is two separate competitions. Even if the rules are the same, it doesn't matter. We don't say that everyone simultaneously playing chess in the world is playing one single gigantic competition just because they are all playing the same game with the same rules. That alone does not make that collection of people a "competition."

Everyone competing against each other by a unified set of rules for the same mutually exclusive goals is a competition.

Everyone not competing against each other collectively with a unified set of rules is a past time.

Everyone competing against each other by completely different rules is Calvinball.

Everyone not competing against each other with completely different rules is kindergarten soccer.
    Implying that there's some sort of separate competition because Paragons are fighting other Paragons is quite frankly bravado. There may be certain differences, but it's still the same competition regardless of who they come up against. The Nodes are the same, the metrics are the same, the goal is the same. Just because they're not fighting every single Player (Alliance) in the process doesn't mean it's child's play. I know this community has separated itself based on Classes, but as BGs are now, we all get 2 minutes to win the same as anyone else. You either win, or you lose, in the same competition.
    There's a comparative that lacks consideration for scale that keeps being made, and it's honestly the result of expecting this game mode to be the same as others. It is not, in its current setup. My two minutes are no different than anyone else's two minutes.
    If there were increased Nodes as you went up, or the scoring was altered depending on what you're using in terms of Rank, or some differentiating quality, that might have validity. Quite frankly people can convince themselves their two minutes are SO MUCH superior, but the reality is, they're the same. Saying people would lose coming up against a Player that overpowers their Roster by multiples is just being bitter.
    edited February 2023
    It's also the result of expecting it to be so because that's the state War is now. As long as the Ratings are the same, the inane differences are justified. Which is quite frankly, a falsehood. People tolerate it in War because it's a collective, and frankly they have no choice. There have also been many people who have either stopped playing, or stopped trying. They're currently taking lower Allies out for fun.
    I think you'll find people are less silent when that system involves their individual experiences.
    I can accept a Loss.
  • WerriessWerriess Member Posts: 24
    Hi guys, I am stuck in Bronze 1 and cannot for the life of me move furher up, I keep on loosing 2 matches and winning 2.... or win 2 loose 1, win 1 loose 2.... I am facing much stronger accounts every single match, I have 3 R4 champs and my opponents are always stacked... I had no problem previous seasons to reach GC.... but this is so frustrating and not fun... something definetly changed this season to the matchmaking.... @DNA3000 any suggestions for me please?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Werriess said:

Hi guys, I am stuck in Bronze 1 and cannot for the life of me move furher up, I keep on loosing 2 matches and winning 2.... or win 2 loose 1, win 1 loose 2.... I am facing much stronger accounts every single match, I have 3 R4 champs and my opponents are always stacked... I had no problem previous seasons to reach GC.... but this is so frustrating and not fun... something definetly changed this season to the matchmaking.... @DNA3000 any suggestions for me please?

Matchmaking has changed to prestige based.
    If you only have 3 r4s and are high prestige ones, good luck on reaching Gold tiers before season ends.
    There is nothing else you can do other than keep ranking up to r3 BGs relevant champs (or r4 low prestige ones), and wait for other players to “outprestige” you.
    Alternative drop the mode at all or limit your play on daily objectives, like me and many and other players did until things change.
    If you can’t achieve a high win ratio stop wasting your time/resources and do other content in order to progress your account 😉
    I’m doing arena instead, grinding units for offers to make up for my BGs losses 🙂
    Prestige isn't being used, and DNA clarified as much. Whatever they're using is not the average of the Top 5 Champs.

Prestige isn't being used, and DNA clarified as much. Whatever they're using is not the average of the Top 5 Champs.

Prestige is just the generic term many of us are using knowing that some type of roster strength algorithm is being used. We dont know it it's the traditional prestige, if it's a broader type of prestige of maybe top 10 to 15 or if they mixed in pi or something else along with prestige.

Basically, trying to say what I just said gets long winded, so simply referring to matchmaking as prestige based isn't technically inaccurate as we really don't know and it is most likely based on the equation somewhere.

Being specific is important, considering people are familiar with Prestige here.
    If DNA implies he doesn't believe it's Prestige, I would suspect there's truth to that. DNA rarely says anything that he hasn't backed up first.