New striker nodes in EQ

124»

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★

Stature said:

Stature said:

Just keeping record of the moving goalposts.
    1. Relics are optional, they give benefits but players won't be penalised for not using it.
    2. Penalties are not significant. You don't have relics? Just play without specials or champs you haven't ranked up.
    3. It isn't possible to create challenging content without punishing players for not using the relics they don't have.

What's next - content is designed around relics, champs are optional? I don't expect to change your mind, because it is obvious you will only produce some vague generalizations opposing anything that would benefit the playing base. This is just to document the slippery slope the game is on, sacrificing player experience to push cosmetics, whether it is driven by monetisation goals or not.

Actually, what would benefit the Player base would be to use them.
    Happy to use them, don't have them. Timing of the implementation of nodes is concerning. At least make it available easily enough before penalising players for not using it.
    How would you suggest they make sure every Player has every Class for optimal use before they release a Node?
    Don't release the node, duh
    So you want Spiritualism without the extra Node tied into Relics? Isn't that a worse situation?
    I was talking about the node that actually makes a difference. You know, the one that punishes player's
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

Stature said:

Stature said:

1. Relics are optional, they give benefits but players won't be penalised for not using it.
    2. Penalties are not significant. You don't have relics? Just play without specials or champs you haven't ranked up.
    3. It isn't possible to create challenging content without punishing players for not using the relics they don't have.

What's next - content is designed around relics, champs are optional? I don't expect to change your mind, because it is obvious you will only produce some vague generalizations opposing anything that would benefit the playing base. This is just to document the slippery slope the game is on, sacrificing player experience to push cosmetics, whether it is driven by monetisation goals or not.

Happy to use them, don't have them. Timing of the implementation of nodes is concerning. At least make it available easily enough before penalising players for not using it.
    How would you suggest they make sure every Player has every Class for optimal use before they release a Node?
    So you want Spiritualism without the extra Node tied into Relics? Isn't that a worse situation?
    I was talking about the node that actually makes a difference. You know, the one that punishes player's
    There are two Nodes. One could, and most likely would have, existed without the other. What the Relic Node does is add a benefit to using them. Without it, you have 10% Power no matter what.
    Isn't it a little self-serving to ask that other Players not benefit from something you elect to ignore?
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 433 ★★★

Stature said:

Stature said:

There are two Nodes. One could, and most likely would have, existed without the other. What the Relic Node does is add a benefit to using them. Without it, you have 10% Power no matter what.
    Isn't it a little self-serving to ask that other Players not benefit from something you elect to ignore?
    It's a single node. The node wouldn't have been designed without relics in mind.

It is self serving to ask to benefit from something you have but others don't have access to.

Stature said:

Stature said:

Bruh... I can't....

People are fine with the extra little buff that using a Striker gives, e.g. the Prowess one in another chapter.

People are not fine with the -90% punishment for not having a Striker.

Can you understand the difference? At this point I don't expect you to accept there is a difference, or withdraw from this point and talk about a different issue to try and divert attention, I am an optimist. I hope that somewhere, deep down inside you know what player concerns are and this charade is just a recreational activity for you. (One which isn't healthy, I might add)
    That's the point of my comment. The Node is 90% reduction. Using a Striker adds a benefit. If you want to call that a punishment, that's certainly a cynical way of looking at it. I don't see it that way. Just because I don't share the same view doesn't mean I don't understand it.
    Define healthy. They've invested time and energy into producing an aspect of the game. They've been releasing it for months now, long enough to acclimatize ourselves to it. The next step is to integrate it more. That seems quite healthy to me in terms of design. They're not springing it on Players all at once.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    Fighting this lane in TB 2.2 without relics makes the fights long as I am unable to use my specials at all so tell me exactly how it feasible to pass that lane???

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    Fighting this lane in TB 2.2 without relics makes the fights long as I am unable to use my specials at all so tell me exactly how it feasible to pass that lane???
    Using DoT will speed it up.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/st1uhsvM9tc

You don't need the node to complete the path. Time to move on to the next complaint.