New striker nodes in EQ

Comments

• SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

Axew said:

I can’t wait for a fun and interactive quest in the future that punishes you for not having relics or makes a path impossible without relics

How would it be any different than other nodes that are in the game? Like... Do you bleed? Buffet?
    Even a 1* Wolvie could do do you bleed.
    A 2* Medusa could do buffed up.

Having nodes based around effectively a side game, which some Summoner's won't/can't partake in, is fundamentally different.

It's like making a set of nodes which require you to have the inequity mastery otherwise there's a 90% damage reduction - would you be okay with that?

Or if there was a -95% power gain rate if you didn't have a 500 unit profile picture equipped.

Or if you don't have the Sigil title equipped you have -20% attack rating.

At which point is there a divergence from the status quo, that you would stop using the "how is this any different from now" argument?
    None of that is equitable as relics are free just like champs are free.
    Some profile pics are free, some titles are free, some masteries are "free". Would those be equitable and you wouldn't mind it?

Swapping out your profile pic to the free one you earned for doing a side quest to allow you to gain power in a quest.

I've removed the free barrier you presented, still happy with that game design?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    I like them, the nodes are nice for filling up relics, which with them being free to change makes it literally no problem at all now.
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Member Posts: 185
    The change to relics being free to unbind makes the situation a lot better because you can unbind and rebind as much as you’d want for different champs tackling different paths.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    What? but the skill mission requires Relics, you just can't fight without SA, but... cool... amazing change, this will be part of Act 8.2 of course lol
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    edited April 2023
    Just did that path with this node combination and while annoying, it isn't too bad. Just slap on one of your useless Winter soldier relics on whoever you want to use and it's fine.

What I find more annoying is how it takes like 8 hits for the defenders to get a bar of power due to being 7*s, which makes it annoying having to bait about 4 bars of power before launching your first special 2.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Axew said:

I can’t wait for a fun and interactive quest in the future that punishes you for not having relics or makes a path impossible without relics

How would it be any different than other nodes that are in the game? Like... Do you bleed? Buffet?
    Not the same thing. Try again
    edited April 2023
    So glad I haven't been bothering with the EQ or SQ. You should keep relics as an optional thing, as in, you can use them if you want like you can get the relic stuff with the objectives. If there is going to be nodes that are relic centered then make it so that having no relic has NO effect on you. I shouldn't have to be penalised for not using equipping relics and using them ... and yes I don't care what anybody says, having a 90% reduction in power gain rate without the use of a relic is in fact a penalty. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion. I hate the relics as it gets in my way when dashing backwards and I always end up hitting it accidently, I shouldn't have to be at a disadvantage because I don't like them
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

So glad I haven't been bothering with the EQ or SQ. You should keep relics as an optional thing, as in, you can use them if you want like you can get the relic stuff with the objectives. If there is going to be nodes that are relic centered then make it so that having no relic has NO effect on you. I shouldn't have to be penalised for not using equipping relics and using them ... and yes I don't care what anybody says, having a 90% reduction in power gain rate without the use of a relic is in fact a penalty. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion. I hate the relics as it gets in my way when dashing backwards and I always end up hitting it accidently, I shouldn't have to be at a disadvantage because I don't like them

It's not like the entire MEQ is relic based. Again, all of TB requires some sort of qualifier like in chapter 1, you have apply armor break to get the furies. It's not the end of the world.
  • BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Member Posts: 97 ★★
    All I'm really hearing in this thread is alot of, "I hate change." Maybe a game with monthly updates isn't for you then.

Mackey said:

How is a 90% power reduction not a penalty for not using Relics?

This is what I can't wrap my head around, goes to show what their intentions for relics are .... they'll become a must have not an optional thing like they've been saying.
    Well some quest design thought it was a good idea. Then someone else realised the problem and removed the cost of unbinding relics.
    However @Ebony_Naw was right. Back off from this concept. Delete the nodes, never go there again.
    Go there by all means but just give the relic users an edge over those without. Like award them a fury or power gain buff for 6 seconds after using a striker for example
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★

honeybisc said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    They literally give you a 90% power reduction if you don't use them though.
    Good point. The relic may not be mandatory but your hamstrung if you don't use it.
    I really don't want to have to move relics around to complete path. How is that fun?
    This is the part that I agree with. I honestly don’t mind relics being in the game or even having nodes that have this punishment/reward mechanic for using them. That’s fine.

The problem is that there aren’t enough relics currently in the game for this. The current design philosophy behind these relics is that they provide very niche and specific bonuses, such that they only really make sense to use on specific champions. I have my relics on those champions. They are not the champions I want to use in EQ.

Monthly EQ, even on Thronebreaker, isn’t super difficult. It’s where I get to break out the champs I ranked up because I like using them, not because they’re particularly meta. It’s not fun to have to go in, pull a relic off a champion who benefits from it, stick it on a champion who it does nothing for, run the quest, then go back in and take it off that champion just to stick it back on the one that had it originally. I know it’s a small thing, but it’s just so many steps and if you forget to do it and go into another quest, you’re out of luck.

Relics are here to stay and I’m totally good with that. They add to the game. But there just aren’t enough of them present yet to apply to the champs you want to use without it being a multi-step procedure before entering the quest, and even then you end up with nonsense pairings.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

honeybisc said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

They literally give you a 90% power reduction if you don't use them though.
    Good point. The relic may not be mandatory but your hamstrung if you don't use it.
    I really don't want to have to move relics around to complete path. How is that fun?
    This is the part that I agree with. I honestly don’t mind relics being in the game or even having nodes that have this punishment/reward mechanic for using them. That’s fine.

The problem is that there aren’t enough relics currently in the game for this. The current design philosophy behind these relics is that they provide very niche and specific bonuses, such that they only really make sense to use on specific champions. I have my relics on those champions. They are not the champions I want to use in EQ.

Monthly EQ, even on Thronebreaker, isn’t super difficult. It’s where I get to break out the champs I ranked up because I like using them, not because they’re particularly meta. It’s not fun to have to go in, pull a relic off a champion who benefits from it, stick it on a champion who it does nothing for, run the quest, then go back in and take it off that champion just to stick it back on the one that had it originally. I know it’s a small thing, but it’s just so many steps and if you forget to do it and go into another quest, you’re out of luck.

Relics are here to stay and I’m totally good with that. They add to the game. But there just aren’t enough of them present yet to apply to the champs you want to use without it being a multi-step procedure before entering the quest, and even then you end up with nonsense pairings.
    I don’t find it difficult. Some Champs benefit the most from them, and the Runes pretty much line that out. I've been enjoying Thor with Hulkling.