Options

Infamous Iron Man hype??

My top champion, invested a lot in it, still can't even match many of my R2 with low rating.

Still haven't gotten doctor doom on my account but realised Infamous Iron man seems so mediocre compared to him.

I mean he is great at taking on bishop, kitty pride and some specific champions.

But his avarage matchup is too risky for the main team usage and so unreliable. Haven't seen him being recommended much other than for prestige.
Overall, even him having higher armour than doctor Doom seems a farse as doctor doom is immune to armour break and as such a tough defender to deal with so much utility overall.

I mean infamous iron man, you gotta watch out for armour break, stagger, nullify, buff removal nodes, shock immune champions, the list goes on.

Not only without armour he becomes a potato, even his special attacks are useless, since aura of iron can't be even be activated.
I mean shouldn't atleast SP3 have a way around it?

I mean fine works in defence, not a tough champion to deal with. But what about attack?

I agree story quest and EQ with 5 man team, you can say just use where needed. But what about AQ and AW, they are the staple for alliances. Gives us limited options.

As a attacker shouldn't there be a way around to still win fight with some alternative to the champion(like the synergy with Penny Parker, could have been in main kit, atleast maybe in Awakening).

Aura of Iron is already at disadvantage against champions with more than 3 buffs, which also you can't counter anyway(If only had some features like Doom for nullify and stagger). On top so much armour dependent that it can't even be activated without making SP1 and SP3 useless on the kit.

If these were not enough, if you had to play against champions with shock immunity, even basic attacks sucks, heavy doesn't work same way, SP2 doesn't anymore, it's a tank with no damage, if armour is still there that is.

Did the hype for character made it not worth making it viable for general matchups even at average level ?

Note: I know there might be skilled players who are so good that they can take any champion with Infamous IR, but then you guys can do the same with any other mediocre character as well.

Why does it even have cower on heavy, for what ?
Also special lock during heal, I mean was that the best ? you don't even need to be skilled to work around that, use special before it activates to finish off.

High risk, low reward character. Please fix it or tune up something to make it viable.

Comments

• Options
    DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 131 ★★
    For me the biggest issue with the character is that it's already useless against shock immune champions. Does he needed so many ways to be countered, atleast if nothing give him his basic attack damage back that it crits against champions If immune or the penny Parker synergy, cause even if no armour break, shock immune champions make him useless, his crit which comes from shock also goes which makes his attack so terrible I have no words. That armour means nothing even if he has it.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Doom hits harder, but I’d still prefer Punisher 2099’s power control
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    He isn't great but he is better than most champs
    Definitely in the top 25-30% of the game & a top 10 Tech champ.....that is good enough
  • Options

Pikolu said:

I personally think he is fine where he is at. Mine has been r4 for a long time and he shreds in BGs, AW, Story content, and Incursions. His survivability is nuts especially at sig 200. His damage is also very good, if you play him right you're dropping 80-100k sp2s and you only have to bait out 1 special from the opponent afterwards in his short rotation. Having control over the fight is something very nice to have.

Just don't bring him against those that nullify and armor break and you're fine. Even shock immune can be gotten around by just bringing peni who is also a great champion to have.

Something to note is he does benefit a lot from being r4 due to the increased power rate, makes it easier to get to the sp2 (or sp3 for longer fights)

Mine is already at r4 and it still can't justify it's usage when R2 Omega sentinel can perform better overall.

Is it as defender or attacker when you mean it slays?

Do we really have the luxury to carry to tech in alliance war and AQ.

I seriously don't get you guys either you don't main him like me else I am sure you could agree.

Cause it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered?

I mean he is useless not only against most cosmic, but also against so many mystic. Give the guy a standing chance in normal match up atleast. I mean doom with his armour is real tank cause he is immune to armour break. Him being tank is just for show.

He doesn't even has a fighting chance against his counterpart doctor doom.
    I honestly think that because you "main him" you're wanting too much out of one champion. I agree nullify immunity or something along those lines would be good to have, could easily be tied into his lore with his mystic knowledge. But I think your whole "it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered" is a stretch. Many champions are countered in many ways. Go take diablo or ibom into a poison immune matchup, or nimrod into a shock immune matchup. At least iDoom has a synergy that can bypass shock immune matchups. Many champs don't have that.

Champions should have counters, else they become broken. It's really that simple. I don't feel like iDoom is countered much more than a lot of champs, I think you just want to be able to take him into a lot more fights than you should be. It's a game with like 240 champions, you're supposed to mix it up.
    Atleast Ibom still has his basic attacks and good SP2 damage, similarly Idoom could have only shock immune weakness, couldn't he not?

I don't think comparison is viable, as Ibom is at disadvantage. Ibom poision is insane, tough to survive without poison immune unless any ability accuracy reduction or champions with lot of purify. Still very limited counters which you can still fight out. Idoom cannot in shock immune case, his basic damage sucks without shock.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

He isn't great but he is better than most champs
    Definitely in the top 25-30% of the game & a top 10 Tech champ.....that is good enough

Top 10 should be versatile. He can't cover lot of ground as main stay in team.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★

Pikolu said:

I personally think he is fine where he is at. Mine has been r4 for a long time and he shreds in BGs, AW, Story content, and Incursions. His survivability is nuts especially at sig 200. His damage is also very good, if you play him right you're dropping 80-100k sp2s and you only have to bait out 1 special from the opponent afterwards in his short rotation. Having control over the fight is something very nice to have.

Just don't bring him against those that nullify and armor break and you're fine. Even shock immune can be gotten around by just bringing peni who is also a great champion to have.

Something to note is he does benefit a lot from being r4 due to the increased power rate, makes it easier to get to the sp2 (or sp3 for longer fights)

Mine is already at r4 and it still can't justify it's usage when R2 Omega sentinel can perform better overall.

I seriously don't get you guys either you don't main him like me else I am sure you could agree.

Cause it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered?

I mean he is useless not only against most cosmic, but also against so many mystic. Give the guy a standing chance in normal match up atleast. I mean doom with his armour is real tank cause he is immune to armour break. Him being tank is just for show.

I honestly think that because you "main him" you're wanting too much out of one champion. I agree nullify immunity or something along those lines would be good to have, could easily be tied into his lore with his mystic knowledge. But I think your whole "it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered" is a stretch. Many champions are countered in many ways. Go take diablo or ibom into a poison immune matchup, or nimrod into a shock immune matchup. At least iDoom has a synergy that can bypass shock immune matchups. Many champs don't have that.

Champions should have counters, else they become broken. It's really that simple. I don't feel like iDoom is countered much more than a lot of champs, I think you just want to be able to take him into a lot more fights than you should be. It's a game with like 240 champions, you're supposed to mix it up.
    Atleast Ibom still has his basic attacks and good SP2 damage, similarly Idoom could have only shock immune weakness, couldn't he not?

I don't think comparison is viable, as Ibom is at disadvantage. Ibom poison is insane, tough to survive without poison immune unless any ability accuracy reduction or champions with lot of purify. Still very limited counters which you can still fight out. Idoom cannot in shock immune case, his basic damage sucks without shock.
    I was just making a hypothetical comparison, obviously it's not the exact same case. But the point is there are too many situations to count of champs that are just bad at certain match ups.

As I said, in my opinion iDoom does not have as many counters as I feel like you're making him out to. Armor break, nullify, shock immune, (counterable with a synergy) and power drain immune (which is not very prevalent in the game). There are way more good/playable matchups than bad for iDoom within the game. I simply think this is a case of you main him so you are biased towards thinking he needs to be better than he is. As someone pointed out, he's well within the top 10 of tech, and for a few key matchups in this game he is by far the best. He really doesn't need a buff.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

I don't think comparison is viable, as Ibom is at disadvantage. Ibom poison is insane, tough to survive without poison immune unless any ability accuracy reduction or champions with lot of purify. Still very limited counters which you can still fight out. Idoom cannot in shock immune case, his basic damage sucks without shock.
    I was just making a hypothetical comparison, obviously it's not the exact same case. But the point is there are too many situations to count of champs that are just bad at certain match ups.

As I said, in my opinion iDoom does not have as many counters as I feel like you're making him out to. Armor break, nullify, shock immune, (counterable with a synergy) and power drain immune (which is not very prevalent in the game). There are way more good/playable matchups than bad for iDoom within the game. I simply think this is a case of you main him so you are biased towards thinking he needs to be better than he is. As someone pointed out, he's well within the top 10 of tech, and for a few key matchups in this game he is by far the best. He really doesn't need a buff.
    Bro it's really hard to carry synergy in AQ and AR, Futher not all of us have the luxury of having multiple champs to replace or have the synergy champs or have them leveled up at same level. You can say Idoom can only be a side-situational character not your main attacker in tech, worthy of being top champ.
  • Options

I love both of my dooms and I agree that idoom is nowhere near doom but he is more of a niche champ who you take for specific fights. He is not a general questing champ as his damage is also lacking.

Bro I r4 him as my first 6 star, and there are ppl still defending to r5 him. Stop this stupid hype. Ruins the game for others. As a mainstay in team I have to carry his ass now.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Bro it's really hard to carry synergy in AQ and AR, Futher not all of us have the luxury of having multiple champs to replace or have the synergy champs or have them leveled up at same level. You can say Idoom can only be a side-situational character not your main attacker in tech, worthy of being top champ.
    It's not hard at all to bring a synergy member in AQ or AW, just depends on your matchups. I bring Antivenom into AW almost every single time I bring Spidey99, have yet to actually use Antivenom in an AW fight.

Again, sounds like you aren't doing things the optimal way. Whether or not it's because you have the champs to do things optimally is irrelevant. Kabam can't balance a champ around "well you may not have these other champs" otherwise what would ever be the point in synergies? What would be the point in having more than a single champ if that was their balance philosophy?

I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to mean. I have an R4 sig 200 iDoom that I use all the time, he's flat out just fun to use.

You're upset that a champ that you've decided to main isn't quite as good as you wish he was. That's completely understandable, but it is not a reason to buff a champ the majority of the community considers a higher end of his class champ.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

It's not hard at all to bring a synergy member in AQ or AW, just depends on your matchups. I bring Antivenom into AW almost every single time I bring Spidey99, have yet to actually use Antivenom in an AW fight.

Again, sounds like you aren't doing things the optimal way. Whether or not it's because you have the champs to do things optimally is irrelevant. Kabam can't balance a champ around "well you may not have these other champs" otherwise what would ever be the point in synergies? What would be the point in having more than a single champ if that was their balance philosophy?

I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to mean. I have an R4 sig 200 iDoom that I use all the time, he's flat out just fun to use.

You're upset that a champ that you've decided to main isn't quite as good as you wish he was. That's completely understandable, but it is not a reason to buff a champ the majority of the community considers a higher end of his class champ.
    Idoom just not loosing additional basic attack crit damage against shock immune champions won't make him too op will it? And yes all champions can't be balanced and you need other but they should still have a decent standing in their own to justify them, especially new characters.
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 405 ★★
    edited April 2023
    He's good for many matchups besides mutants. I use him all the time in AW on attack and he's never disappointed me or my alliance.

I use him against many mutants like Bishop, Apocalypse, Domino, Havok, Sauron, Toad, Weapon X, etc and I've never lost against a mutant except for Domino every now and then but I also use him for some other tricky fights like Dragon Man, Ebony Maw, Jessica Jones, MODOK, Mephisto, Quicksilver. I also have Kitty Pryde and Angela on my team and I use Idoom as a backup in case I somehow manage to lose.

He is also the very first champion going on my team for SQ, Story, and EQ. Rotation can be long but its pretty simple and all you have to look out for is armor break, buff immune, and nullify champs and nodes. The shock immune champs can be bypassed with the Peni Parker synergy, who is pretty underrated as an attacker.

If you can't seem to avoid those type of fights then its likely a mistake on your part. Sure the damage sucks without his armor, but avoiding those fights and that won't be a problem.

Now I only have 2 fights worth of experience in BG, he is the very first champion people ban from my deck, so I can't say anything about that.

I think that people overhyped him when he was first released but I don't think he should change except for possibly nullify immunity to make him better against more mystics. He's also a great tech addition considering tech class wasnt very good until somewhere in 2021. Top 5 for a few people, most likely top 10 for most.

Just because a champion can be countered in many ways, doesnt mean they're not good. In fact, it makes a champion much better so that they're not too broken for the game
  • Options

He's good for many matchups besides mutants. I use him all the time in AW on attack and he's never disappointed me or my alliance.

I use him against many mutants like Bishop, Apocalypse, Domino, Havok, Sauron, Toad, Weapon X, etc and I've never lost against a mutant except for Domino every now and then but I also use him for some other tricky fights like Dragon Man, Ebony Maw, Jessica Jones, MODOK, Mephisto, Quicksilver. I also have Kitty Pryde and Angela on my team and I use Idoom as a backup in case I somehow manage to lose.

He is also the very first champion going on my team for SQ, Story, and EQ. Rotation can be long but its pretty simple and all you have to look out for is armor break, buff immune, and nullify champs and nodes. The shock immune champs can be bypassed with the Peni Parker synergy, who is pretty underrated as an attacker.

If you can't seem to avoid those type of fights then its likely a mistake on your part. Sure the damage sucks without his armor, but avoiding those fights and that won't be a problem.

Now I only have 2 fights worth of experience in BG, he is the very first champion people ban from my deck, so I can't say anything about that.

I think that people overhyped him when he was first released but I don't think he should change except for possibly nullify immunity to make him better against more mystics. He's also a great tech addition considering tech class wasnt very good until somewhere in 2021. Top 5 for a few people, most likely top 10 for most.

Just because a champion can be countered in many ways, doesnt mean they're not good. In fact, it makes a champion much better so that they're not too broken for the game

You have pretty good points but like I mentioned- I am not talking in reference with skilled and top players. I am taking about avg players like me who need each and every champion in the team to finished higher tier quests. Sometimes even using the only disadvantageous champ left. Hoping to fight out if nothing then in basic attacks, dodge and block. His disadvantage is too great for that not giving him that fighting chance as an attacker.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,731 Guardian

Pikolu said:

I never use him on defense because he is a potato defender.

My war team 2 wars ago was Iron Doom, Peni, and Symbiote supreme. I take the entire left side of boss island as well as the boss most every war, and I run path 5 in AW. If I ran path 6 I would bring Iron Doom every war because he crushes path 6. Path 5 can be done with anyone as well.

I mean what I say when I say I use him literally everywhere. I was lucky and got him from a prerelease bundle and I've enjoyed using him for all 7 months I've had him. He has great control, damage, and utility. Him with peni is my personal favorite korg counter in AW too. He is a great champion
  • Options

You have pretty good points but like I mentioned- I am not talking in reference with skilled and top players. I am taking about avg players like me who need each and every champion in the team to finished higher tier quests. Sometimes even using the only disadvantageous champ left. Hoping to fight out if nothing then in basic attacks, dodge and block. His disadvantage is too great for that not giving him that fighting chance as an attacker.
    Then the reality is that you likely need to just plan out your team for whatever quest/path you're doing better. Or, and I don't mean this to be rude, progress your skill.

Quests are designed so that fights within a path are similar, they're going to be the same nodes so play around it as such. If that node completely counters certain champions, don't bring that champion. If there's one or two champs on that path that counter a certain champion, then sorry? You're not going to have a perfect scenario 99/100 times in this game, that's just the way it is. That's why revives and health potions exist.

Also I'm going to have to disagree that the average player needs each and every champion on their team to finish quests. If that's the case then you may just be doing content that is too high for your level of champions, or your skill may not be as high as what you think it is compared to others.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,312 ★★★★★
    The number of champs that can be a path clearing, boss killing main everywhere with ease is 0. Once the health pools and nodes get past a certain point, you're better off bringing the best tool for the job instead of Ol' Trusty.