Quality of Life updates shouldn’t cost us

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    So here is my question then... What should people who pay get then?...
    Its always the phrase.. "Pay to win"... And "Free to play" as if F2P were the heroes.. Paying should have its perks.. its an ad free game so the so called "P2W" are keeping the lights on.. why shouldnt they have a better QoL experience?...
    Lets reverse the situation... How about if people who buy the sigil get to play the arena as it was but f2p has to watch a 30 second ad video in between matches that can be skipped after 5 seconds.. would u F2P like that?
    edited May 2023

Coppin said:

Its always the phrase.. "Pay to win"... And "Free to play" as if F2P were the heroes.. Paying should have its perks.. its an ad free game so the so called "P2W" are keeping the lights on.. why shouldnt they have a better QoL experience?...
    Lets reverse the situation... How about if people who buy the sigil get to play the arena as it was but f2p has to watch a 30 second ad video in between matches that can be skipped after 5 seconds.. would u F2P like that?

Stop with this ridiculous strawmanning. Nobody is saying those who spend money shouldn't get anything in return. In fact they do. There ware lots of perks and resources that players who spend get. That's the game. Everyone knows that.

Nobody is looking at a players who spends money to get resources and says, i want that without doing anything.

Any advantage players who spend get can be caught upto by those who don't by putting their time and effort. Exclusive champs are there. But those aren't essential game needs. There are substitutes. Want units? Grind arena. Want shards? Do content.

But it would be absolutely ridiculous if you had to pay for the Quest restart button. Or the quest preview button. Or skip dialogues functions. That's what people are opposed to. Not at spenders having an advantage
    No, that's where u are wrong... There is a lot of things paying players can BUY, those are not perks...
    This is not the only or first game to make things better by paying...
    This is definitely not the improvement on the sigil that people expected.. but its something..
    And its funny that you tell me "Stop with the ridiculous strawmanning" and then put examples as paying to restart a quest...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Stop with this ridiculous strawmanning. Nobody is saying those who spend money shouldn't get anything in return. In fact they do. There ware lots of perks and resources that players who spend get. That's the game. Everyone knows that.

Nobody is looking at a players who spends money to get resources and says, i want that without doing anything.

Any advantage players who spend get can be caught upto by those who don't by putting their time and effort. Exclusive champs are there. But those aren't essential game needs. There are substitutes. Want units? Grind arena. Want shards? Do content.

But it would be absolutely ridiculous if you had to pay for the Quest restart button. Or the quest preview button. Or skip dialogues functions. That's what people are opposed to. Not at spenders having an advantage
    No, that's where u are wrong... There is a lot of things paying players can BUY, those are not perks...
    This is definitely not the improvement on the sigil that people expected.. but its something..
    And its funny that you tell me "Stop with the ridiculous strawmanning" and then put examples as paying to restart a quest...
    You don't know what strawmanning is do you
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Sigil should be free.

This game should be free to play.. oh right, it is.
    edited May 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

The same thing u r doing when u put examples such as paying to restart a quest?...
    I mean u do understand that .. I cant really stop laughing about this...
    The so called F2P players are complaining that the paying players are getting to skip a few taps in between matches right?...I did my set yesterday and it saved me 10 mins at most...
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Tbf, i pay for the sigil before this. It is a nice feature to have add on, since i grind arena hard anyways. However it would be a great for normal players as well. it is a huge qol for arena grinders.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

LOL 🤣. Welcome to the forums! First day here?

What addition to the Sigil hasn't had a complaint thread saying some or all aspects were unfair to unpaying players?
    edited May 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

The same thing u r doing when u put examples such as paying to restart a quest?...
    I mean u do understand that .. I cant really stop laughing about this...
    The so called F2P players are complaining that the paying players are getting to skip a few taps in between matches right?...I did my set yesterday and it saved me 10 mins at most...
    Your point from the start was ridiculous. You're right, P2W players SHOULD get perks. And they do. They get R5s before everyone else, they'll have more 7* before anyone else. More awakened, more sigged up. More revives and health potions (especially now) to skim through the newest content. More resources, more gold, more units. They'll be in the best alliances and compete for the best rewards. Why are you acting like the only difference between F2P players and Paying players is an express arena mode?
    See thats the problem, u dont understand the difference between purchasing and item and receiving a perk as a service...
    And i repeat...such a big fuzz over 3 or 5 taps in between matches?.. in a mode where F2P will never get ahead anyway?.. and also its a QoL perk.. it is not game breaking, it does not give a head start like purchases...its JUST a perk...
    I think your approach is extremely sour, when u point out more this more that.. even "better alliances".. when this perk shaves off maybe 20 mins on a grind...
    Richtheman made a vid.. out of 4 (12 fights ) matches he had to play under 2 mins longer...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,884 ★★★★★

So if they give this perk to everyone for free, what new perk should Sigil buyers get that non-Sigil players won't get?

Anything, it could be anything, a sigil 7 day calendar, a sigil daily quest for shards, not something that improves a game mode as a whole and makes arena run smoother.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    If you really want to play arenas faster, then tap faster and play on iOS.
  • BenavideZZBenavideZZ Member Posts: 11
    This is totally stupid who ever decided it is a good idea probably does not have the cappacitty to understand that most ppl just go in arena for the milestones, especially when the are is so dam boring. Running the featured arena 1 time at the start of each round for example gives me 12mil points and i dont go for anymore as it is the exact same thing over and over again, this express mode wont really be that usefull to me or to other is simillar possition as mine, so this express mode as they call it doesnt really mean much i dont know why they think that this is worth 10bucks especially when the rest of the sigil perks are only usefull for new players
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    I sincerely undertand the perspective that a QOL adjustment would be appreciated if free (similar to the SP3 skip or the Arena auto fill). There have been a few takes saying that the express arena shouldn't cost $9.99, but in this case I think that may be a bit inaccurate. The Sigil IS basically ten bucks, but the express arena is only a part of everything that comes with it. So all that being said, I have to wonder if KABAM decided on how much exactly the express arena would be in isolation (0.50? | $.99? | $2.50?), would people be willing to pay that small fee per month. Most likely not. I don't think express arena is something that the majority of players would pay for as a thing, but including it in an already established bundle seems like the best option...since they are attatching a price point to it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★
    So when's the next sigil gonna be obtainable? It's been a year ever since the money witch arena, we should be getting this more regularly
  • BenavideZZBenavideZZ Member Posts: 11
    GMAX77 said:

I sincerely undertand the perspective that a QOL adjustment would be appreciated if free (similar to the SP3 skip or the Arena auto fill). There have been a few takes saying that the express arena shouldn't cost $9.99, but in this case I think that may be a bit inaccurate. The Sigil IS basically ten bucks, but the express arena is only a part of everything that comes with it. So all that being said, I have to wonder if KABAM decided on how much exactly the express arena would be in isolation (0.50? | $.99? | $2.50?), would people be willing to pay that small fee per month. Most likely not. I don't think express arena is something that the majority of players would pay for as a thing, but including it in an already established bundle seems like the best option...since they are attatching a price point to it.

I understand this aswell but currently the sigil benefits are useless the express feature is the only part in it that i see to be worth it but they could have made a ceparate arena exclusive to sigil holders instead. Right now just for removing some screens there is no way ill purchuse it and i am saying this as someone that is purchusing the daily card/monthly unit card/monthly special card regullarly
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    The problem is, the community was asking for it, for Years. Kabam finally listened, and it s behind a paywall. A slap in the face for everyone, this is unethical. And it s not like, they worked on it for days and days, they just removed two screens! They deleted some code, and that s it. It s not like they deserve to get paied extra for their hard effort.

It really feels like they try to trick people in to buying the Sigil without upgrading the store. I guess the sigil sales went down a lot lately.

So if they give this perk to everyone for free, what new perk should Sigil buyers get that non-Sigil players won't get?

Coppin said:

As a competitive F2P summoner (8 year veteran & current Master AW, Top 30 AQ & Top 5 BGs), I'm very much aware that paying customers will get an advantage. The amount of champions, rank up materials, access to special stores & events, etc that anyone paying $ to Kabam is great. P2W vs F2P will always have more - I'm fine with that but a F2P can still compete in any game mode (particularly with good game knowledge & skill).

With that said, I do NOT think Express Arena should be part of Sigil. While arena is not a great game mode to begin with, it does provide nice access to units, gold and the chance to acquire champions. When we talk about getting a 6* champions, even with it opening to top 400, the ability for a F2P player to grind and achieve this is now likely very improbable, if not impossible. Even while Bots have free range in the top ranks of arenas (hopefully Kabam will put an end to that at some point), but 400 Sigil users grinding for 3 days w/ express mode and using boosts for the most coveted champ gives ZERO chance to a F2P w/o express mode and using boosts. You literally cannot do the same amount of matches, thus there is no competition.

So back to the question, what should the paying customer get from the Sigil?...
    * How about an updated store tied to your progression level with rewards relative to the current meta of the game for starters.
    * You want something for arena? How about items in that store that give you 6* boosts (maybe even 7* boosts).
    * How about Arena Stamina refills in the store as well.
    * What about a new Health/Attack boost that tied to Arena (would boost PI and make fights faster). This would be similar to the AW specific Health/Attack boosts.

Things like these which can give you a decent boost, particularly if you save them up, that is what I think the Sigil is for IMO. Not something that basically separates the two parties entirely in the competition.
    An arena stamina and boosts are even more game breaking for arena scoring than skipping 3-4 taps...
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Coppin said:

An arena stamina and boosts are even more game breaking for arena scoring than skipping 3-4 taps...

Not game breaking when there are limits. Everything in the Sigil store has reasonable limits - generally 1 per week.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian

* How about an updated store tied to your progression level with rewards relative to the current meta of the game for starters.
    * You want something for arena? How about items in that store that give you 6* boosts (maybe even 7* boosts).
    * What about a new Health/Attack boost that tied to Arena (would boost PI and make fights faster). This would be similar to the AW specific Health/Attack boosts.

Things like these which can give you a decent boost, particularly if you save them up, that is what I think the Sigil is for IMO. Not something that basically separates the two parties entirely in the competition.

1. Meta appropriate reward stores would be far more controversial, as they would draw complaints about the Sigil being a pay to win feature.

2. Arena boosts? Arena stamina? Health/Attack boosts? Ha ha.... wait you're serious, aren't you?

There are very specific situations where arena boosts, or boost of any kind will be notably helpful in the arena. If you're gunning for top X and refreshing champs for example, then they can be useful because you're using the same champs over and over, and you are getting significant return on the boosts. However, in practice boosting champions without refreshing them is so disruptive to arena flow that it is a very rare circumstance that I ever do it. Arena boosts are a thing that are so problematic that I would rather just let solo shards pile up into the billions than fill my stash with them and annoy me.

Stamina itself would be useful to very intensive grinding, in combination with boosts. However, they would only really be useful to the very top grinders, and they wouldn't be making significant dents in their arena expenditures unless they were available in huge quantities. And if you allow the Sigil to buy large numbers of long lasting arena boosts and huge numbers of stamina refills, you're placing everyone else at a much larger disadvantage than the arena express mode is doing.

You can drizzle a small amount of them in the Sigil, in which case I would ignore them. Or you can go ham and let Sigil players buy a material amount of them, something that would significantly change their grind for top ranks, in which case the Sigil would become a 7* pay to win instantly. Because of the way top rank grinding works, there's really very little in-between.

As I said, this is not easy. You can't put things in there that you'd be fine with. You have to put things in there that I would be fine with, or rather at least several thousand other players besides you.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    Honest opinion - they’d rather use sigil subscribers as an unofficial beta than roll out new features gamewide right now.
    DNA3000 said:

1. Meta appropriate reward stores would be far more controversial, as they would draw complaints about the Sigil being a pay to win feature.

2. Arena boosts? Arena stamina? Health/Attack boosts? Ha ha.... wait you're serious, aren't you?

There are very specific situations where arena boosts, or boost of any kind will be notably helpful in the arena. If you're gunning for top X and refreshing champs for example, then they can be useful because you're using the same champs over and over, and you are getting significant return on the boosts. However, in practice boosting champions without refreshing them is so disruptive to arena flow that it is a very rare circumstance that I ever do it. Arena boosts are a thing that are so problematic that I would rather just let solo shards pile up into the billions than fill my stash with them and annoy me.

Stamina itself would be useful to very intensive grinding, in combination with boosts. However, they would only really be useful to the very top grinders, and they wouldn't be making significant dents in their arena expenditures unless they were available in huge quantities. And if you allow the Sigil to buy large numbers of long lasting arena boosts and huge numbers of stamina refills, you're placing everyone else at a much larger disadvantage than the arena express mode is doing.

You can drizzle a small amount of them in the Sigil, in which case I would ignore them. Or you can go ham and let Sigil players buy a material amount of them, something that would significantly change their grind for top ranks, in which case the Sigil would become a 7* pay to win instantly. Because of the way top rank grinding works, there's really very little in-between.

As I said, this is not easy. You can't put things in there that you'd be fine with. You have to put things in there that I would be fine with, or rather at least several thousand other players besides you.
    @DNA3000 always serious... Are you serious...? You have a lot of arena boosts and solo crystals.. Congratulations - So do I.

First the "Arena Boost" crystals do you nothing for Feature/Basic arenas so very irrelevant. It allows you get more milestones (and get there faster in the Summoner Trials 👏🏼). While we both may have many boosts available because we play a lot, this may not reflect the average user of Sigil purchaser (or in general typical summoner) so it may be very well be valid & useful to them to get Arena Boost/Stamia, etc and I never said for any of these things would be purchased in large quantities. Kabam doesn't & won't ever allow that to begin with. All the suggestions were just that - suggestions. I'm sure others can come up with other ideas. Sigil has never made a huge advantage in game modes - few shards, health pots, boost, etc here and there. All a nice bonus. Until now.

In the end, while it seems both you and I grind arena, you now have a great advantage in arena since you have the Sigil. Doesn't seem like you started purchasing it this week so looks like you hit the jack-pot for something valuable to you - congratulations.

Coppin said:

Not game breaking when there are limits. Everything in the Sigil store has reasonable limits - generally 1 per week.

Then we would go to the argument that sigil is useless... A limit of 1...
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Then we would go to the argument that sigil is useless... A limit of 1...
    Do you have the Sigil and has it always been useless? If so, why do you purchase it if it has no use?
    If not, what would you want to see in the Sigil?

I earned the Sigil last year for 2 months. Useless... no, but it was nice to have. If one were to ask me what I want - it's just more intrinsic value stuff... Kabam having superb customer service, treat summoners investment in the game with utmost value & respect, and providing an excellent & consistent in-game experience. If/when Kabam does that, they may get some Sigil money from me... maybe...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    I have been getting it more or less since its inception, and it's worth the Units from the Trial, as well as the Shards and the trade-up. It's not useless.
    Bottom line is, it's a business. Not everything will be offered for free. I'm going to avoid the quality of life subject. I refuse to apply that term to a game.