Options

PSA - it will take x34 of 7* DUPES for a Titan crystal

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

"Well 2 weeks ago many players rushed out to open their 7* and justified their decisions saying it was so that they could dupe their 7* to get Titan shards, to open Titan crystals."

Many players...gaslighting. This didn't happen. Reminds me of someone saying "a lot of people are saying..."

You need to go back and re-read the original, now infamous, 7* poll/thread that got closed down.
  • Options
    GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Posts: 168
    Pandingo said:

Which is why I'll be waiting for a really desirable pool. Pool 3 looks good. 2 has me confused. Have to revisit the stream

2 is all mystery because they're having us all vote for them in the next few weeks
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

And remember 2 weeks ago we had people rushing to open their 7* shards hoping to dupe them…

To dupe champs x34 times..

To get Titan shards…

To pull Scorcerer Supreme,..

Where are those people now I wonder?

Where they always were: in your imagination.

Nobody was “rushing” to open 7* crystals just to attempt to dup 7* champs. Most people were opening 7* crystals to get 7* champs.

Nobody was “rushing” to open 7* crystals just to get Titan shards, because until the Titan crystal comes out the shards aren’t useful.

I on the other hand opened my shards immediately and I’m still here. Still no regrets, because I see nothing that demonstrates I would be in a better position with a pile of 7* shards instead.
    Again, you need to go back and revisit the original 7* poll thread that I started to understand what we’re talking about here.

It would take too long to explain everything that was said there, and I don’t want to clutter the forum further by doing that here.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

And remember 2 weeks ago we had people rushing to open their 7* shards hoping to dupe them…

To get Titan shards…

And whats wrong with sorcerer supreme? She's an absolute beast.
    If she’s a beast, then what do you call Doom, BWCV, Rintrah…?
    Different.
    There’s a reason people pay a premium for a Mercedes Benz or a Chanel handbag.

I’ll let you think about why.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

Because they’d rather spend money for a name than get something of equal quality but less price
    So the ONLY difference between a Mercedes and a Toyota is their names?

Quality of build, material, finish, manufacturing, etc, don’t matter in the decision making , huh?
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

Because they’d rather spend money for a name than get something of equal quality but less price

Quality of build, material, finish, manufacturing, etc, don’t matter in the decision making , huh?
    It’s the same reason I bought an Alienware when I was in high school rather than try and build my own computer for the same price or get another computer for less that could game just as well. I paid for the name and I knew it. Just because something is considered luxury does not mean it is made better than other items. You’re mostly paying for the name.
    LOL .. ok bud,.. if you’re saying the only difference between a Toyota and a Mercedes is the “name” then I don’t think you’re being honest with yourself.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

I know I’m probably walking into this one, but what exactly is wrong with the champs revealed from the titan pool? I’ve seen countless references to Sorcerer Supreme but nothing about any of the others currently revealed.

And as for SorcererSupreme, just because she’s not what some consider to be at the top of the mystic class by any means make her a bad or mid pull. I keep seeing her compared to Doom, Claire, and Rintrah, yet she does things that none of them can. Chief among them being having access to slow. To my knowledge, she is one of only 2 mystics with access to slow right now outside of synergies, the other being Dragon Man. Both are equally great in their own rights, but once again they serve completely different roles. The thing I think is being overlooked about Sorcerer, is that if played right, she can be extremely sustainable and have near constant uptime on her slow. Just because she isn’t at the “top” does not make her a worthless pull by any means.

Great post. I fully agree I just wanted to add, chances are you’ll also have near full uptime on a nullify ability that requires no contact as well, in addition to her full suite of abilities, it’s super easy to maintain too
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

It’s the same reason I bought an Alienware when I was in high school rather than try and build my own computer for the same price or get another computer for less that could game just as well. I paid for the name and I knew it. Just because something is considered luxury does not mean it is made better than other items. You’re mostly paying for the name.
    LOL .. ok bud,.. if you’re saying the only difference between a Toyota and a Mercedes is the “name” then I don’t think you’re being honest with yourself.
    Lol so know you think just because a Mercedes is names a Mercedes it's automatically superior to a Toyota? You don't watch much motorsport racing, do you? You’re really showing your knowledge of life in this thread. All you ever know is whats shoved down your throat from media and others. Do yourself a favor, do your own research and form your own opinions.
    Ok let’s take a step back.

We originally started talking about champs.

Do Hercules and Storm just have different names or are their mechanics different.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

Lol so know you think just because a Mercedes is names a Mercedes it's automatically superior to a Toyota? You don't watch much motorsport racing, do you? You’re really showing your knowledge of life in this thread. All you ever know is whats shoved down your throat from media and others. Do yourself a favor, do your own research and form your own opinions.

Do Hercules and Storm just have different names or are their mechanics different.
    They do two different things and wouldn’t be a fair comparison. This is shifting the goal post.
    In your Alienware vs home build example all the parts inside are more or less interchangeable, correct?

Hence you thought you’re only paying for the Alienware name, right?

Are Hercules and Storms mechanics interchangeable?
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

Its exactly the same as cars. Some may look alike but have completely different mechanics, parts, way they drive etc. At this point, everyone knows you only post to keep an argument alive by shifting goalposts. Do us all a favor and quit posting junk unless you actually have something of value.
    “Exactly” the same?

Listen to yourself.. lol..
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

Its exactly the same as cars. Some may look alike but have completely different mechanics, parts, way they drive etc. At this point, everyone knows you only post to keep an argument alive by shifting goalposts. Do us all a favor and quit posting junk unless you actually have something of value.
    “Exactly” the same?

Listen to yourself.. lol..
    Take your own advice there champ. You know absolutely nothing of the game your playing, not to mention anything else if life is general.
    Absolutely Nothing?

LoL .. wow.. please keep going with the extreme statements.. it’s making you look really smart.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

They do two different things and wouldn’t be a fair comparison. This is shifting the goal post.
    In your Alienware vs home build example all the parts inside are more or less interchangeable, correct?

You could strip the Alienware and use it as a case, sure, but then it’s not actually an Alienware is it? You could look up manufacturing of it or take it a part to get a parts list and try to build your own if you wanted to, and then you have paid to have something that works the same and has whatever name you slap on it. Alienware has the cool logo and the rgb light effects as well as being known to be the “gaming computer” brand or was the gaming computer brand, which is why I wanted it and by they charge so much.

Hercules and storm are not similar as they do two different things and handle different situations. They are not the same character or champ even if you strip down their mechanics. They can be good on their own and can be better in a team but both cover different situations and only one of them is considered broken
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

You could strip the Alienware and use it as a case, sure, but then it’s not actually an Alienware is it? You could look up manufacturing of it or take it a part to get a parts list and try to build your own if you wanted to, and then you have paid to have something that works the same and has whatever name you slap on it. Alienware has the cool logo and the rgb light effects as well as being known to be the “gaming computer” brand or was the gaming computer brand, which is why I wanted it and by they charge so much.

Hercules and storm are not similar as they do two different things and handle different situations. They are not the same character or champ even if you strip down their mechanics. They can be good on their own and can be better in a team but both cover different situations and only one of them is considered broken
    So you conclude Hercules is broken vs Storm?

That was my original point.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

How was that your point? How was any of that your point? You were comparing a Mercedes to a Toyota. Mercedes is not broken. Hercules is seen as broken and will likely not see the light of 7* status same as with quake. The comparison has nothing to do with your luxury brand comparison
    Go read my reply to DNA above that sets off this whole discussion.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

How was that your point? How was any of that your point? You were comparing a Mercedes to a Toyota. Mercedes is not broken. Hercules is seen as broken and will likely not see the light of 7* status same as with quake. The comparison has nothing to do with your luxury brand comparison
    Go read my reply to DNA above that sets off this whole discussion.
    So then your whole comparison was wrong from the start and this whole thing once again is pointless and shows that your don’t really understand what you’re trying to argue, but just trying to argue for the sake of arguing
    Bro you think the only difference between a Toyota and Mercedes is their “names”.

All leather interior, engines, performances, craftsmanships be damned.

I’ll leave you here.

Peace be with ya.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,157 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

To get Titan shards…

Different.

https://www.crsautomotive.com/what-are-the-total-costs-of-vehicle-ownership-per-brand/

You may want to rethink your position lol.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★

Bro you think the only difference between a Toyota and Mercedes is their “names”.

All leather interior, engines, performances, craftsmanships be damned.

I’ll leave you here.

Peace be with ya.

To someone who just wants a car, yes, a Toyota and Mercedes are the same thing and only differ in name.
    To someone who can actually tell the difference in drive feel, then yes, a Toyota and Mercedes differ by more than just the name.
    It's the same thing between different model types - I view a sedan and a sportscar the same aside from the looks since I only care about it as a transportation device. Others view it as drastically different and cite the horsepower and how quickly it goes from 0-60.

So y'all are just getting hung up on entrenching on your opinions this supposed analogy is supposed to help.

Going back to the game - some people would only be happy with 7-star versions of certain champs, other people will be happy with a wider range of 7-star champs. Big whoop - everyone has different rosters, different preferences, and different skill levels.

The only thing I will say is that there doesn't appear to be any terrible champions in the Titan pool, but I definitely wouldn't be happy with some of the pulls. It is not intrinsically because of that individual champion, but more so in the context of everything else in game (my roster, rate of shard acquisition, etc).

This discussion has been closed.