**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★

Stature said:

Why do you deserve to avoid top accounts and earn the same rewards as people who don't get to avoid them?

Didn't you just go 12-0 stomping on easy accounts? Those accounts don't have access to the same rewards as you do if they had won. Their tokens get them a fraction of what you can acquire with yours.

It's perfectly ok if you want to speed-run to GC on the back of easy wins (much easier than the ones you complain about, since you have a roster advantage as well). That's what the game is now, and tactically you should exploit it to the best of your ability.

I understand why you want to hide behind the "same rewards" defense, without which there won't be much justification for the match-ups. You need the small accounts to keep playing, so that you can get tokens to keep strengthening. But you also need to keep them from strengthening or else you won't have your easy matches anymore, so obviously rewards need to be gated by progression (only rewards though, matches need to be random to preserve the sanctity of competition).
    Yes. I beat a bunch of accounts that didn't belong in Plat or Diamond. Those accounts don't deserve to avoid me.
    That was your view all the way back at Bronze 3, to be clear.
  • Options
    TheVolTheVol Posts: 37
    I wouldnt even complain about this normally. I literally cannot even do solo objectives because of this dog s**t matchmaking. And any of you idiots who say ' ah just try fight the paragons ' yeah sure and when they ban my top 3 champs and i have to defend my honour with a bunch of s**tters what other options are there?
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★

Stature said:

Why do you deserve to avoid top accounts and earn the same rewards as people who don't get to avoid them?

Didn't you just go 12-0 stomping on easy accounts? Those accounts don't have access to the same rewards as you do if they had won. Their tokens get them a fraction of what you can acquire with yours.

It's perfectly ok if you want to speed-run to GC on the back of easy wins (much easier than the ones you complain about, since you have a roster advantage as well). That's what the game is now, and tactically you should exploit it to the best of your ability.

I understand why you want to hide behind the "same rewards" defense, without which there won't be much justification for the match-ups. You need the small accounts to keep playing, so that you can get tokens to keep strengthening. But you also need to keep them from strengthening or else you won't have your easy matches anymore, so obviously rewards need to be gated by progression (only rewards though, matches need to be random to preserve the sanctity of competition).
    Yes. I beat a bunch of accounts that didn't belong in Plat or Diamond. Those accounts don't deserve to avoid me.
    Sure they don't. But they also don't deserve to receive lesser items than you do for playing the same matches.

Only one of those two things is happening right now.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Sure they don't. But they also don't deserve to receive lesser items than you do for playing the same matches.

What about the side quest store this upcoming month? If cavalier account can beat tier 5 difficulty this month, they get all the currency to buy stuff from paragon store but they only have access to cavalier store and below. Is that unfair? Do they deserve all the stuff they can purchase from paragon store for beating tier 5 side quest?
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

How do you not see the contradiction between these two statements

DNA3000 said:

Everyone in BG is competing for the same rewards.

DNA3000 said:

....trying to determine whether the basket of resources that a lower progression player can buy has the same relative value to a player of that progression as the basket of resources that a higher progression player can buy has to their own progression tier.

They are not the same rewards, if you have to create a complex, relative value calculation to semi-prove that point.

If the intent is to have an open competition, then have an open store. Anyway the lower strength accounts are not going to win enough to purchase anything material from the store.
    They are the same, the trophy store might not be the same in your argument...
    The argument can be well Paragon players get 6* shards cheap... For those 16-17k 6* shards are underwhelming.
    Also there is another aspect of the the rewards as you climb up.. and that's elder marks as rewards ..
    Solo/Alliance rewards are gained by getting points.. if players are stuck they have to buy them or use energy (at 20% point rate)...
    We can say that UC/Cav should get less points for elder mark use .. that would make the reward not being the same fair...
    Trophy store is integral to the competition.

Clearly Paragons don't mind facing and beating underwhelming competitors. But when it comes to rewards though they have to be relative? Can you see the hypocrisy in saying "A UC account must face a Paragon account in an open competition" and "A UC account can't be given the same rewards as the Paragon they must face" simultaneously?

We have an open competition now. But rewards are relative. There should be no tokens, BG rewards should be like AW rewards, a mix of shards and rank up materials determined by where a player ranks. Progression has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    TheVol said:

Im currently at platinum I in battlegrounds and i cannot for the life of me find a single fight that is fair. Im cavalier and keep getting matched up with paragon players or players with less developed rosters.

How is it possible to even face someone with a legend title and multiple rank 5 6* when you have at max 2 rank 3 6* champs?

How can you say it’s unfair when you quit out of the match. You didn’t even give it a chance!

I had matches Vs players with 3k+ more prestige from Gold- Plat (90% was legends) Plat 1 was definitely easy, plat 2+ was 80% players at my prestige and roster strength, the rest higher level.

I see this as:

Low level accounts get easier matches to Plat 1, then face everyone.

Mid level accounts have hard matches Gold 1-Plat 1 then face everyone.

See it lucky kabam kept prestige match making up untill plat 1….. or you wouldn’t leave bronze!
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Stature said:

That was your view all the way back at Bronze 3, to be clear.
    Wrong.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Wrong. If they can't beat me in Plat or Dia then they deserve to not earn the rewards.
  • Options
    Moha84Moha84 Posts: 103
    Same buddy i m 700k rating and i get matched with more than 2m rating , seriously there is not chance to win 😂
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

....trying to determine whether the basket of resources that a lower progression player can buy has the same relative value to a player of that progression as the basket of resources that a higher progression player can buy has to their own progression tier.

They are not the same rewards, if you have to create a complex, relative value calculation to semi-prove that point.

If the intent is to have an open competition, then have an open store. Anyway the lower strength accounts are not going to win enough to purchase anything material from the store.
    They are the same, the trophy store might not be the same in your argument...
    The argument can be well Paragon players get 6* shards cheap... For those 16-17k 6* shards are underwhelming.
    Also there is another aspect of the the rewards as you climb up.. and that's elder marks as rewards ..
    Solo/Alliance rewards are gained by getting points.. if players are stuck they have to buy them or use energy (at 20% point rate)...
    We can say that UC/Cav should get less points for elder mark use .. that would make the reward not being the same fair...
    Trophy store is integral to the competition.

Clearly Paragons don't mind facing and beating underwhelming competitors. But when it comes to rewards though they have to be relative? Can you see the hypocrisy in saying "A UC account must face a Paragon account in an open competition" and "A UC account can't be given the same rewards as the Paragon they must face" simultaneously?

We have an open competition now. But rewards are relative. There should be no tokens, BG rewards should be like AW rewards, a mix of shards and rank up materials determined by where a player ranks. Progression has nothing to do with it.
    Why would someone who didnt manage to complete acts 5-7 be allowed to get rewards similar or same as someone who did?..
    See thats the main problem.. using BGs as the main source of roster improvement.. when its the place to compete rosters...
    What does completing act 5-7 have to do with BG rewards?

People who completed acts 5-7 were the ones who were complaining that they had to face other people who completed ats 5-7 to get rewards restricted to people who completed acts 5-7. The whole argument was that only fair system would be where completion of acts 5-7 had no bearing on matchmaking. Suddenly, when it comes to rewards acts 5-7 become important again?

Why can't BGs be a source of roster improvement? Story is but a small part of what the game offers.
  • Options
    TheVolTheVol Posts: 37

TheVol said:

Im currently at platinum I in battlegrounds and i cannot for the life of me find a single fight that is fair. Im cavalier and keep getting matched up with paragon players or players with less developed rosters.

How is it possible to even face someone with a legend title and multiple rank 5 6* when you have at max 2 rank 3 6* champs?

How can you say it’s unfair when you quit out of the match. You didn’t even give it a chance!

I had matches Vs players with 3k+ more prestige from Gold- Plat (90% was legends) Plat 1 was definitely easy, plat 2+ was 80% players at my prestige and roster strength, the rest higher level.

I see this as:

Low level accounts get easier matches to Plat 1, then face everyone.

Mid level accounts have hard matches Gold 1-Plat 1 then face everyone.

See it lucky kabam kept prestige match making up untill plat 1….. or you wouldn’t leave bronze!
    Are u braindead? Theres literally no way in hell im gonna be fending off the rock (korg) (6* 5 65 ) with my david walliams (mole man) (6* 1 25)
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Stature said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The rewards are literally identical. It is you that is taking the relative value calculation path, you're just doing it wrong.
    They are identical the same way UC v UC fights were identical to Paragon v Paragon fights. And we had this neverending drama around that. I am not calculating relative values, the absolute resources accessible through BG are not same at all levels. Only absolute competition is. Which is not how competitions work.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

What about the side quest store this upcoming month? If cavalier account can beat tier 5 difficulty this month, they get all the currency to buy stuff from paragon store but they only have access to cavalier store and below. Is that unfair? Do they deserve all the stuff they can purchase from paragon store for beating tier 5 side quest?
    @Stature looks like you missed this post. What do you think about this months side quest and the store?
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

Wrong. If they can't beat me in Plat or Dia then they deserve to not earn the rewards.
    They don't get the rewards even if they beat you in Plat or Dia. They get rewards which are nerfed.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

They don't get the rewards even if they beat you in Plat or Dia. They get rewards which are nerfed.
    WTF are you even talking about?
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

WTF are you even talking about?
    When you beat the people in Plat and Dia, you get 6-star shards and r4/r5 materials. If they beat you, they get 5-star shards and T4B. They don't get what you get even if they beat you.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

The rewards are not nerfed.. its their job to progress titles to access the rewards...
    They are not earning less money, they are just shopping in a more expensive neighborhood BY CHOICE.
    BGs is not the game mode to beef up your roster.. is a game mode to compete...
    Nobody is shopping in a more expensive neighbourhood. The shop is the same, it is just discriminating based progression. If your money is worth less in the same shop, it is exactly same as earning less money.

BG is the mode which has the most rank up and champion acquisition material. In the current context, it is perfectly fine as an avenue to build rosters.

Only people who make the argument that rewards are the same are the ones with the access to the top tier store.

Why are titles only relevant when it comes to rewards? You guys come crying every time you have to face someone at your own progression levels. Imagine how much harder it is for lower accounts then, and they don't even get a fraction of what you get even if they beat you.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

@Stature looks like you missed this post. What do you think about this months side quest and the store?
    I did reply, looks like it was taken out. It's not great, ideally one should get the same reward for beating the same content. However, this is temporary content, rewards vary and are one-off. It is more manageable.

BG is permanent, recurring content. While we are told it is a competition to find the strongest competitors, there is discrimination when it comes to paying out rewards. Imagine a UC who has progressed to some level by beating TB/Paragons. At the end of the seasons, the rewards from BG (even if they are lower) helps the TB/Paragons to widen the roster gap over the UC. This accumulates over seasons. Competitions do not conspire to deliberately hobble a segment of competitors for reasons unrelated to the competition. A store gated by story progression has no place in BG.
  • Options
    Nonsense, If you can dupe 10 6-stars a month, that 2k+ 7-star shards. Pretty sure that is valuable to even the strongest rosters. There is a an argument to be made that at the quantities BG store offers, the shards are more valuable to Paragons than others.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Nonsense, If you can dupe 10 6-stars a month, that 2k+ 7-star shards. Pretty sure that is valuable to even the strongest rosters. There is a an argument to be made that at the quantities BG store offers, the shards are more valuable to Paragons than others.

Then FOCUS on getting to Paragon, not on BG rewards cause they are subpar...
    Those are BG rewards. I thought titles were not relevant for BG matches. Why should Paragons get higher rewards for beating UC than UCs get for beating Paragons? I thought BG was an open competition.