Battle against cheaters update - June 6th, 2023

Comments

• ReyAlemánReyAlemán Member Posts: 92
    Modders are evolving, they are modifying the damage of their hits at the time they are sent to the server so that the astronomical hits they deal DO NOT APPEAR in the fight stats.

I guess they do this to avoid getting caught by your anti-cheat methods and increase their chances of not getting banned.

100k power rating accounts on celestial right now making impossible fights in less than 20 seconds and "normal" hits.
  • Ugur01Ugur01 Member Posts: 5
    Had 144m points for adam warlock first round and get a 5* adam… i hope i will be in top 400 after correction…

İ wonder when will i get my 6* champ correction?
    And another point, will i loose my 5* adam warlock?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,257 Guardian
    Ugur01 said:

Had 144m points for adam warlock first round and get a 5* adam… i hope i will be in top 400 after correction…

İ wonder when will i get my 6* champ correction?
    And another point, will i loose my 5* adam warlock?

Interesting question.
    Especially if someone has since already ranked up, or applied items to, their 5* rewarded arena champ.

If they bump you up to getting the 6*, I wouldn’t be opposed to letting them keep the 5* also.
    (and if so, I hope they won’t complain that they would have used their ISO/Cats instead on that 6* and start asking for refund of what they used on the 5*)
  • DonAngelusDonAngelus Member Posts: 20

Look at this, his Redhulk 6r3 vs me Domino 6r4. after all, it is an unthinkable result of such time and force of impact. he is still a loser because even by cheating he does not win. please do something about cheats. people stop playing battlegraund because of other players cheating.

Domino is not difficult to play against. As someone that's played her and got her in the first week of release, I'm well versed with her mechanics. I presume you're relying on her Sp1 winning the defensive fights as many have hoped for, but in my case I just chuckle when I see Domino as defender because I'm well used to dodging her Sp1.
    is it really so hard work to delete banned players from the top 400 list, and sending the rewards to who really deserved it in 6 days?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    Ugur01 said:

is it really so hard work to delete banned players from the top 400 list, and sending the rewards to who really deserved it in 6 days?

Is it really so hard to wait for something you weren't going to get?

Ugur01 said:

No, its not about waiting, i really wanna know why it takes 6 days long..

And also, its not a thing i wasnt going to get, its a thing i spend so much time and effort but loose it because of cheaters :smile:
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    Ugur01 said:

Ugur01 said:

And also, its not a thing i wasnt going to get, its a thing i spend so much time and effort but loose it because of cheaters :smile:
    Because complex software products with big databases are hard, especially when you have competing priorities.
  • Linkneko1377Linkneko1377 Member Posts: 2
    Ugur01 said:

Ugur01 said:

They have already given the compensation and if they did not give it to you, I think it will not reach you.U.U
  • marbor0327marbor0327 Member Posts: 9

Look at this, his Redhulk 6r3 vs me Domino 6r4. after all, it is an unthinkable result of such time and force of impact. he is still a loser because even by cheating he does not win. please do something about cheats. people stop playing battlegraund because of other players cheating.

Domino is not difficult to play against. As someone that's played her and got her in the first week of release, I'm well versed with her mechanics. I presume you're relying on her Sp1 winning the defensive fights as many have hoped for, but in my case I just chuckle when I see Domino as defender because I'm well used to dodging her Sp1.
    It's not that Domino's is easy. only match stats. look at the results of RH 6r3 vs Domino 6r4. obvious fraud
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Member Posts: 239 ★★

I know you've put a lot of effort into this subject but just look at this lol

Oh you didn’t know that Carnage has been better than Hercules this whole time? Mega god mode character lol. That sucks though!
  • WingsOfChaos_1WingsOfChaos_1 Member Posts: 33

I know you've put a lot of effort into this subject but just look at this lol

Oh you didn’t know that Carnage has been better than Hercules this whole time? Mega god mode character lol. That sucks though!
    🥲
    Just recieved 6* adam, and still got the 5*

Thanks kabam
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Member Posts: 762 ★★★
    On the topic of cheaters, how come nothing ever comes of when these bugs go on for months/years. Isn’t that cheating the community that keeps you all employed?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Cheaters allowed to play BGs in the season they got caught… doesn’t make sense
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    I know this isnt related to the thread, but when are the forum admins going to crack down on the people who keeps spamming disagree on everyones comments? Its basically every post i make, theres always a guarantee disagree on my post or comment

Edit: i didnt want to make a thread so i chose to do it here (i did look for the thread jaxx made about “what would you like to see in a future stream” but didnt pop up in search)
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Cheaters allowed to play BGs in the season they got caught… doesn’t make sense

Its completely not fair to allow them to play or collect rewards in hame modes that they used champs they obtained through cheating. That includes AW and BG

they should be removed completely from these game modes, I also believe it just isn’t fair that they only removed the champs from the arena that was monitored when they were caught, what about ALL the other champs they obtained by cheating previously.

Allowing them to stay competitively in the contest is endorsing cheating
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Member Posts: 236 ★★★
    nOux said:

Ah yes Kabam, your 7 day ban system clearly works!
    Bot ban was lifted only 2 days ago and now in arena leaderboards same bots are back on the top. Excellent work! Give them 7 days again, this time surely they will learn from their mistakes….

I mean I would hope that such people would be under a microscope for managing to get in the top 100 in less than 2 days.
  • Heinz11Heinz11 Member Posts: 220
    nOux said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xov-gqlgFLE&ab_channel=KT1

Good incentive from Kabam to look in to arena bots, not only you get free Units, newest champions but as well a gifts if u were "unlucky" and got banned for 7 days. No wonder all those who were banned immediately after getting unbanned went back in with arena bots...

What a complete s***show.....

What message does this send to players that don’t cheat? I’m not surprised, but I’m disappointed that somebody at Kabam thought this was a good move. Leasens the whole “battle against cheaters” messaging that they are supposedly trying to make us buy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Heinz11 said:

nOux said:

Good incentive from Kabam to look in to arena bots, not only you get free Units, newest champions but as well a gifts if u were "unlucky" and got banned for 7 days. No wonder all those who were banned immediately after getting unbanned went back in with arena bots...

What message does this send to players that don’t cheat? I’m not surprised, but I’m disappointed that somebody at Kabam thought this was a good move. Leasens the whole “battle against cheaters” messaging that they are supposedly trying to make us buy.
    This message is sent to many players that take a break from the game and eventually return. I remember a couple years back pulling Namor from a 5* Nexus I got for free when I returned from a 3 month break. They're obviously not intentionally sending rewards to cheaters to compensate their ban.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★
    Heinz11 said:

nOux said:

Just keep putting nails in the coffins of legit players. This is beyond ridiculous.
  • mbennett1995mbennett1995 Member Posts: 34
    Don’t really see how he’s a cheater when his roster is stacked
  • KyawzinKyawzin Member Posts: 1
    I like it..
  • GolivarezGolivarez Member Posts: 154 ★★
    Xmn is full of cheaters
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    nOux said:

Biggest problem is that they have ranked #1 in other areas of game like battlegrounds by using their unearned champions and utilizing the unearned units for elder marks to rank high in solo and alliance events.

So its not just an arena bot problem but aa whole game problem.

Kabam should seriously consider taking a stronger approach and ZERO out their points and positioning in AW/AQ and Battlegrounds as they have gained an unfair advantage by cheating in arena and obtaining champions and units that aided them in reaching new heights throughout the contest
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    Weren't they supposed to be doing something about sandbagging in BG? I thought they said something about preventing it or considering it cheating going forward a few seasons back. I keep facing sandbaggers and I'm only in Silver right now, and on top of that many of them are Paragons which seems really ridiculous that they are doing that.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,257 Guardian
    Crine60 said:

Weren't they supposed to be doing something about sandbagging in BG? I thought they said something about preventing it or considering it cheating going forward a few seasons back. I keep facing sandbaggers and I'm only in Silver right now, and on top of that many of them are Paragons which seems really ridiculous that they are doing that.

How are they sandbagging ?

Bringing half 6* and half 1* ??
    That method was changed a while back to NO LONGER WORK to an advantage.

If they are just a stronger team than yours, how is that sandbagging ?
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    edited June 2023

Crine60 said:

How are they sandbagging ?

Bringing half 6* and half 1* ??
    That method was changed a while back to NO LONGER WORK to an advantage.

If they are just a stronger team than yours, how is that sandbagging ?

I didn't say they were just stronger than me. I may be misunderstanding how the term sandbagging is used in BG but what I am dealing with is people who bring half 12-17k rating champs and then the other half are around 5-7k rating. When they get to selection turns they immediately select the top 2 rated champs. That seems similar to what I have always heard of and seen in arena where you get teams with 1 or 2 really high champs and the other is the opposite which I thought was called sandbagging.

I find it hard to believe Paragon players would only have half a deck's worth of champs above 7k so it seems like it would be to attempt to manipulate matches. I don't recall Kabam explaining exactly how they are handling matches so I don't think it unreasonable to think people will still be attempting to manipulate it.