**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The quickest nerf of all time!!!!

124»

Comments

• Go_Grems wrote: »
    I’m very surprised this was addressed before they sold her to the masses. Hela really has no appeal outside of that Loki synergy and likely will stall the big buying binges Blade brought on. I was sure kabam would let this linger until atleast her first round was completed 🤪

This exactly! This is why the mods responded yesterday stating "we were not expecting to have to do this NOW"... Meaning they knew it and wanted and planned to address only AFTER she was released and the money was had.

That's reading far too much into that, what we meant is that we didn't expect to have to do this so close to the release of Hela, and hopefully didn't have to make adjustments at all, as we usually make sure these kinds of things are caught before anybody ever has a chance to see the Champions, Abilities, or Synergies.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    So if I'm understanding it correctly, Loki will still be able to do 100k damage in the Labyrinth, negating safeguard with his direct damage?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    i don't understand why this wasn't a top 3 consideration when creating the synergy in the first place.
  • edited November 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding it correctly, Loki will still be able to do 100k damage in the Labyrinth, negating safeguard with his direct damage?

That is correct. So, still very powerful, just less over powered.
  • X3boss187X3boss187 Posts: 15
    Rank down tickets for sure
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

That is correct. So, still very powerful, just less over powered.

Ok thanks ... this change was actually less severe than I though it would be ...
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    So they nerfed so called “op” synergies at the beginning of this year, just to introduce new ones now that can be considered “op”. Don’t understand the logic.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This hype was all overrated and this rankdown was really uncalled for you guys know it would take an infinite amount of his l2s to actually kill anyone as it is capped at 7% of remaining health, that means in a 2m health pool first hit 140k second hit 130k, third hit 120, 4th hit 110k, it ends up that when the defender is finally down to say 25% health which you could probably
    Never even get to in one fight with enrage timer, his l2 is 35k per hit. One picture and too many people
    Freak out and cause an unnecessary nerf. Glad to see tHe nerf wasn't that bad, hes still not going to be a top 3 mystic champ except for the first half of big fights like that, 7% of a war defender or map 5 aq defender is less than most l2s in the game. And tbh kabam really needs more viable lol options, I haven't run because until 2 weeks ago I didn't have a champ that could do it in under 7k of units for the easy run,
    Ps conspiracy theory I cut and pasted tHis when it was posted yesterday
    Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious
    9:10AM
    Hey y'all -

Wanted to swing by and help clear up some confusion on this topic. We don't ban for 'stupid glitches' in the game. We do however ban if there is concrete proof that someone abuses an avoidable exploit over and over again in order to complete challenging content and reap the benefits of those rewards in a way that negates the effort other Summoners have put into The Contest to achieve those same rewards. If you cheat or abuse an exploit, that is against our rules. Two Champions with an as-designed synergy are not a method of cheating.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Agree Like Awesome LOL
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    This hype was all overrated and this rankdown was really uncalled for you guys know it would take an infinite amount of his l2s to actually kill anyone as it is capped at 7% of remaining health, that means in a 2m health pool first hit 140k second hit 130k, third hit 120, 4th hit 110k, it ends up that when the defender is finally down to say 25% health which you could probably
    Never even get to in one fight with enrage timer, his l2 is 35k per hit. One picture and too many people
    Freak out and cause an unnecessary nerf. Glad to see tHe nerf wasn't that bad, hes still not going to be a top 3 mystic champ except for the first half of big fights like that, 7% of a war defender or map 5 aq defender is less than most l2s in the game. And tbh kabam really needs more viable lol options, I haven't run because until 2 weeks ago I didn't have a champ that could do it in under 7k of units for the easy run,
    Ps conspiracy theory I cut and pasted tHis when it was posted yesterday
    Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious
    9:10AM
    Hey y'all -

Wanted to swing by and help clear up some confusion on this topic. We don't ban for 'stupid glitches' in the game. We do however ban if there is concrete proof that someone abuses an avoidable exploit over and over again in order to complete challenging content and reap the benefits of those rewards in a way that negates the effort other Summoners have put into The Contest to achieve those same rewards. If you cheat or abuse an exploit, that is against our rules. Two Champions with an as-designed synergy are not a method of cheating.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Agree Like Awesome LOL
    It’s 7% of max HP, not remaining HP.
  • Ahm_Kay wrote: »
    Where are you @GroundedWisdom? Don't you want to talk about this? You're famous for telling people they always ANNOUNCE the changes they make.
    Ahm_Kay wrote: »
    Where are you @GroundedWisdom? Don't you want to talk about this? You're famous for telling people they always ANNOUNCE the changes they make.

What about @DNA3000?

It's so cute you guys calling out people.

I'm not even sure what I'm being called out for, since some posts appear to have been pruned. But although I'm a bit late to the party, I wanted to point out a couple things.

1. I'm on record as saying Kabam should announce all changes that affect player gameplay in the patch notes, but I've disputed publicly whether that actually happens in several different instances. In particular, the aggressiveness of AI and the way armor break mechanics work.

2. A very weird observation. I saw the "capped to 0" thing myself. Yesterday, *before* maintenance. I believe that slipped out before the downtime, and those descriptions can change without client updates or server reboots. I did not screencap it because I assumed it was just a typo, but I'm absolutely positive I saw that addition to the description before the maintenance. So I recommend if someone sees something weird like that, screencap it and note the date and time; it is possible that other people might be seeing different things at different times.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    The entire purpose of that synergy was the ability to do high amount of damage in the Labyrinth. That was my first thinking after seing that synergy, and it had everything to work.
    What will be the cap then? 50k damage?

To say the entire purpose was just for labyrinth when you actually don't know the purpose at all is just daft to say.

It could mean a hard boss in Act 5, not labyrinth, they aren't that stupid to set up something that can do 300k damage in the hardest mode of the game and also most profitable mode.

So no, that wasn't the entire purpose at all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Capping it at 100k is not an unreasonable alteration. Upwards of 200k is insane, and we are all aware of that. Considering the first thing people thought of was End-Game Content, that's clear.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    As much as I'm all for defending kabam when warranted against the numerous *unwarranted* shots taken at them, it truly boggles my mind how they never thought about the LoL implications when going through (what I imagine) is a lengthy creative process.

Not one person throughout the entire chain of command from inception to release thought about LoL? Meanwhile the community mentions it within 5 minutes of being leaked...its truly harder and harder to defend them at this point.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hey all, we have put out an announcement on Loki and this Synergy right here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/33982/upcoming-changes-to-loki-november-22nd/

Can we please cap SL to 200 hits combo?
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Hey all, we have put out an announcement on Loki and this Synergy right here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/33982/upcoming-changes-to-loki-november-22nd/

No. Just no.

No. Just no.

It does not matter since he will reach his damage limit of 50000 anyway. At 200 hits combo his damage is above 15000 attack.

No. Just no.

It does not matter since he will reach his damage limit of 50000 anyway. At 200 hits combo his damage is above 15000 attack.
    There is no reason to change SL. His application is very specific, and they intentionally made the cap 400 Combo. Just no.

No. Just no.

There is no reason to change SL. His application is very specific, and they intentionally made the cap 400 Combo. Just no.

Well that is your opinion. It looks like I have a different opinion. His damage reaches beyond 15000 attack at 200 hits. All champs dont even reach 5000 except spidy, hyperion, hulk, CM, CB, etc. Just a handful and they have to be maxed 5 stars most of them except the first two I mentioned.

I firmly belive kabam will make true their predicament of aiming for balance in the contest. I have a dream of waking up one day and see a champs adjusment where all the champs that suck get buffed and the champs that are overpowered are leveled a little bit.
    Those Hits are only achievable in End-Game Content because an Arena Fight would be long since over, and no normal Quest can mount to that. Not to mention the skill and reflexes it takes to maintain that. Not the same. Not at all. This was an unreleased Synergy that allowed over 200k from a Special. Not constant, sustained Combos. They can't make all Champs equal. Not in the sense you're talking about.
  • Hey everyone, we'll be opening up a new discussion thread for everyone to talk about this change in, since some of the information in here is a little outdated. For reference, you can find the original announcement here. You can also join the conversation here!
This discussion has been closed.