What's the deal with the Gambit relic?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

So why did the Gambit Relic get the ASAP rush job? It wasn't game breaking or making content clearing trivial. It's scope was very limited compared to other unforced errors current and in the past that the team has left alone for several weeks.

As per Jax's comment, it wasn't meant to go live before they discussed it.
    In terms of why it was "ASAP", I highly doubt it was a matter of making it more of a priority. It's more a matter of being in their control. Some other issues aren't as easily dealt with.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

So why did the Gambit Relic get the ASAP rush job? It wasn't game breaking or making content clearing trivial. It's scope was very limited compared to other unforced errors current and in the past that the team has left alone for several weeks.

My man, half the comments on this thread are about why Kabam didn't notice it for a long time and that players need compensation since it was left for too long. And you're saying it was done fast?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Kabam Jax said:

The Gambit relic's Ability 2 Socket is granting more Crit Rating than intended. This ability should only bump the Crit Rating up to the listed amount, currently it is granting that amount on top of the player's current Crit Rating (on Physical Mutant Special Attack Hits)
    So that's even worse yet lol.

Especially on the 4* relic where most of the relevant champions for that relic have anywhere from 600-800+ crit rating on even the 4* version of the champions.

It also says on the relic that it adds +800 crit rating:

Shouldn't that read something like "replaces current crit rating if it's not already higher"?

I already changed the 4* over to the burst damage. Huge bummer.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

My man, half the comments on this thread are about why Kabam didn't notice it for a long time and that players need compensation since it was left for too long. And you're saying it was done fast?
    Kabam just said they became aware and fixed it within a week. For this game that is an exceptionally fast resolution.

The complaint is that many, many bugs that negatively impact players take months or years to address but this fairly minor player-positive bug was fixed almost immediately.
    Moleman took years to fix. Stealth Spidey still remains bugged, and there's tons of others that have been player friendly and left around for years
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

phil56201 said:

Kabam Jax said:

The Gambit relic's Ability 2 Socket is granting more Crit Rating than intended. This ability should only bump the Crit Rating up to the listed amount, currently it is granting that amount on top of the player's current Crit Rating (on Physical Mutant Special Attack Hits)
    So that's even worse yet lol.

Especially on the 4* relic where most of the relevant champions for that relic have anywhere from 600-800+ crit rating on even the 4* version of the champions.

It also says on the relic that it adds +800 crit rating:

Shouldn't that read something like "replaces current crit rating if it's not already higher"?

I already changed the 4* over to the burst damage. Huge bummer.
    Right? Went from having +2200, then down to +800 (or so I thought), and now the reality of maybe +150 to nothing (in Domino's case).
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

So many questions that constantly get asked on the forums apply here.

Job security uncertainty caused by layoffs?

Anyone who read the description was aware something was amiss. Never confirmed, sure. That doesn't mean there's a shelf life on a bug. For some reason, people think if a bug has existed for a certain amount of time, it must be left. There's no "fix before" date.
    At this point we're debating the same few examples. They didn't communicate this in time. There have been one or two, or maybe even a few, examples over the years. The vast majority of history shows they strive to be open and upfront, and you can't deny that because they have been. The only time you hear differently is when things like this happen, and then generalizations are made, and I'm sure this example will come up years down the road. This keeping tally mentality is really quite unproductive.

Anyone who read the description was aware something was amiss. Never confirmed, sure. That doesn't mean there's a shelf life on a bug. For some reason, people think if a bug has existed for a certain amount of time, it must be left. There's no "fix before" date.
    At this point we're debating the same few examples. They didn't communicate this in time. There have been one or two, or maybe even a few, examples over the years. The vast majority of history shows they strive to be open and upfront, and you can't deny that because they have been. The only time you hear differently is when things like this happen, and then generalizations are made, and I'm sure this example will come up years down the road. This keeping tally mentality is really quite unproductive.

You call it “keeping tally mentality”, many of us consider it accountability. I would argue it is productive. If you treat every situation as a fluke or one-off, you never go looking for the root cause so you can find ways to mitigate it and prevent future occurrences.

Their processes failed here in many stages. It isn’t the first time. They can learn from that if they look at all the occurrences as a whole. If they just write this off as a one-time mistake it is bound to happen again.
    If someone is keeping a list of instances spacing years in between in order to rifle out a delitany whenever something goes wrong, that's not accountability. That's airing resentments.
    People are free to do that if they like, but it's anything but productive.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

I am constantly impressed at how quickly Kabam CAN actually make changes to stuff they urgently want to, and then other seemingly simple changes seem to sit dormant for weeks/months

Well...stats are easy to change. It's a simple numbers change. Just like fixing text in the game.

Lag or input issues or fight interactions aren't simple. You can't just go in and type a few numbers and be done.

I'm sure all the armchair developers are going to disagree though.
    DrZola said:

Only one party knows whether something is “unintended”—and it isn’t the players.

Only one party is disadvantaged when a beneficial but “unintended” effect is revised—and it isn’t the game team.

Only one party has the ability and the obligation to inform the community when an item is being changed—and that certainly isn’t the players.

Dr. Zola
    The first is obvious. It's their intention that determines that. If you would like to change that, you're free to put in an offer to purchase the game.
    There is no such thing as a beneficial bug.
    As for the last statement, we've established that. It went live before they could communicate the change, and they apologized and took responsibility. That feels pretty redundant.

If something is becoming a pattern and a habit, I would consider it understandable when people point that out. If it's "3 years ago we had this change....5 years ago a Moderator was wrong....", that's a list the dedication of which is a personal issue.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Only one party knows whether something is “unintended”—and it isn’t the players.

Only one party is disadvantaged when a beneficial but “unintended” effect is revised—and it isn’t the game team.

Only one party has the ability and the obligation to inform the community when an item is being changed—and that certainly isn’t the players.

Dr. Zola
    The first is obvious. It's their intention that determines that. If you would like to change that, you're free to put in an offer to purchase the game.
    As for the last statement, we've established that. It went live before they could communicate the change, and they apologized and took responsibility. That feels pretty redundant.

If something is becoming a pattern and a habit, I would consider it understandable when people point that out. If it's "3 years ago we had this change....5 years ago a Moderator was wrong....", that's a list the dedication of which is a personal issue.
    1. “Anyone who read the description was aware something was amiss.”
    2. Incorrect numerical entries aren’t bugs.
    3. I would wager my threshold for “taking responsibility” may be a little higher than yours.

Dr. Zola
    I was talking about Mole Man. Not the Relic.
    Context matters.
  • The_1140The_1140 Member Posts: 46
    How is there this much to say on a relic and I still only know what the strikers do :neutral:
    Graves_3 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

How will you see a pattern when you don’t keep a tally? If you keep pushing everything under the rug saying it’s a one of thing, every new occurrence will be a one of thing. If you keep a tally you can see a pattern. It’s process improvement 101. You need to keep track of data to improve.
    If your tally involves going back years to comb through examples, then clearly there's more of a resentment than a pattern.