**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It WAS Done

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
Part 3 of my Post on Battlegrounds. Last Season, I decided to push as far as my patience could go, and I managed to make it to Uru. Not bad for a first real attempt.
This Season, I just got to Silver after a number of Matches.
So my question is, is anyone else having a hard time this Season so far? I'm not the best Player by far, but I'm certainly not completely unskilled. I'm finding most of the Matches are ending with a small margin of Points differences.
I'm not sure if it's the Node combination, or the new scoring, or just me. I just find this Season to have slowed progress completely for me.
Anyone else having struggles?

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    It's been about the same for me. I'll win 7 in a row and then lose 4 in a row.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

You're playing during the first week, expect a lot more resistance the first week of BGs than mid-season.

For sure. I'm at S2 already, which is fine. I just find this Season is really tight. I mean really tight. Lol.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

Pikolu said:

You're playing during the first week, expect a lot more resistance the first week of BGs than mid-season.

For sure. I'm at S2 already, which is fine. I just find this Season is really tight. I mean really tight. Lol.
    Yeah, that's pretty much expected when time becomes much less of a factor for winning. I've quite enjoyed the changes to scoring.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Yeah, that's pretty much expected when time becomes much less of a factor for winning. I've quite enjoyed the changes to scoring.
    I think it also has to do with the Unstoppable Node being on a timer. I can't say I'm enjoying it myself. Matches that are that close should be a rarity, or an occurrence further up. Personal opinion.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    You made it to GC at the end of the season. It's a lot different from doing it in week one (when I typically get there). You need to be very, very good with a strong roster.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Mixture of the season being only 3 days old and people will be more invested in playing due to the additional rewards this season.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I think it also has to do with the Unstoppable Node being on a timer. I can't say I'm enjoying it myself. Matches that are that close should be a rarity, or an occurrence further up. Personal opinion.
    That's a really weird comment, do you not want evenly matched fights? Either player in those examples could maybe have performed better and got a clear win but it was a tight contest and came down to a small margin. But of excitement and motivation to fight a little cleaner next time.

Are you suggesting you'd like to have easier fights and beat up on accounts to progress easier early on?

Having evenly matched fights would be a plus for you I'd have thought 🤔
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I just find there's a preponderance of Matches that are close this Season as opposed to once in a while.
  • Options

If you're not a good player, don't expect to win in BGs.

Never miss an opportunity to make a dig. Lol. I'm in S1. Making good progress. Thanks for the concern.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    for me it isn't about the nodes or the points .. it continues to be about the performance of the game itself. which is why i balked at alliance seekers wanting these crazy minimums. the mode is often unplayable and not enjoyable because of it.

i've kept track this season for the first time and i've lost 3 matches due to connection so far. 4 matches because of input fails and random ghost inputs etc.

it would be my all time favorite thing. to do in the game if it weren't for so many technical issues.
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    I joined a more BG focused ally, so yesterday I sat down and tried to do some rounds. I did 10 matches, lost 9 of them, and the only thing I blame is my noob a** [but please read as: connection issues and failed inputs]
  • Options
    Week1 is always tough. I'd chill for a bit, do the objectives before making a push after week1
  • Options

Week1 is always tough. I'd chill for a bit, do the objectives before making a push after week1

Thanks. I'll just grin and bear it. I'm making progress slowly.
    I think I realized what I was noticing. I believe it's the new scoring system. The Fights are way too tight.
  • Options
    I just realized something. This Season is going to be......fun.....after the Offers. Lol!
    Also, why does there seem to be so many smaller Accounts that seem more skilled? Apparently looks can be deceiving. Lol.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

The Fights are way too tight.
    Isn't that quite a good thing?
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    The fights have def been tougher....I did go balls to wall though and just got to plat2 this morning....I figure a large percentage of people will have tons of shiny new r3-5 and 7 stars so I wanted to get the jumpand get to uru or close to it as fast as I could.....it's gonna be a slog the next few days....
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

The fights have def been tougher....I did go balls to wall though and just got to plat2 this morning....I figure a large percentage of people will have tons of shiny new r3-5 and 7 stars so I wanted to get the jumpand get to uru or close to it as fast as I could.....it's gonna be a slog the next few days....

I've actually been holding off on the offers until I get my butt out of Gold, because it would be pointless to inflate my roster while I was still in roster-metric-matching hell. Once I get to Platinum, I'll decide how ham I'm going on the Summer offers.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Not necessarily. If the majority of Fights end with a margin of 1000 Points or less, that's a little tense, no?
  • Options

Qacob said:

Not necessarily. If the majority of Fights end with a margin of 1000 Points or less, that's a little tense, no?
    lol, welcome to what Paragons have been dealing with for 8 seasons.
    Which is fine if it's higher up. When the Matches are all like that, that's something worth noting.
    DNA3000 said:

I've actually been holding off on the offers until I get my butt out of Gold, because it would be pointless to inflate my roster while I was still in roster-metric-matching hell. Once I get to Platinum, I'll decide how ham I'm going on the Summer offers.
    I just hit Gold. So I'll have that to look forward to. 😆
  • Options

Qacob said:

Most of my fights are landslides or are close. Only ones that are close are when we both do bad, or both do good. Sometimes you just way outdraft/outskill the other person

• Options
    Also I'm enjoying how time has become more of a tiebreaker rather than an end-all win-all.

Would have lost this match with the old points system because taking down a sassy takes a lot of time
  • Options
    Congratulations. That hasn't been my experience. Happy for you, though. 😀
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

That's a really weird comment, do you not want evenly matched fights? Either player in those examples could maybe have performed better and got a clear win but it was a tight contest and came down to a small margin. But of excitement and motivation to fight a little cleaner next time.

Are you suggesting you'd like to have easier fights and beat up on accounts to progress easier early on?

There should either be a stagger start or I should be allowed to steamroll the conqueror players trying to play. In war, there’s a season score multiplier to compensate. In BGs you just get harder matches and have to grind through. Awful design.
  • Options

Qacob said:

lol, welcome to what Paragons have been dealing with for 8 seasons.
    Which is fine if it's higher up. When the Matches are all like that, that's something worth noting.
    GW, it's literally been like this for Paragons from Bronze 3 for 5+ seasons. that's what we've been trying to get through to you in countless threads. I love that because you're experiencing it now it has to change and before we were just complaining. Welcome to the club bud.
    I'm fine with it. I'm dealing. What I have issue with is the scoring. I'm not really asking for any kind of change, so much as I'm asking people if they've noticed the same thing.
    I understood what you were saying before. I just think some things are a lesser of two evils.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

There should either be a stagger start or I should be allowed to steamroll the conqueror players trying to play. In war, there’s a season score multiplier to compensate. In BGs you just get harder matches and have to grind through. Awful design.
    Therein lies the problem. I've seen a range of Accounts. I've beaten Paragons and Legends, and been beaten by Conquerors. That was a bit of a kick but that's the game I suppose.
    A certain amount of that could be anything from how I'm playing to the fact that Block is lagging, or just my arthritis. Yes, that's a thing in your 40s. Lol.
    To the main point, there are some Accounts that are playing above and below what they're showing.