**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Who Is The Most Overrated Champion?

Comments

• Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 721 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Unit Man. Heard a lot about him. But he is like You Can't see Me 😛

Jokes apart my choice is Mr. Fantastic. He tops my list of over rated
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 389 ★★
    As per me scorpion and spot are bit overrated champion. Some content creator has declared them no 1 science champion. HT becomes forgotten. But I saw so many bg matchups people choose HT over scorpion and spot.

Spot has just damage on sp2. But for bg you need to take so many hit on block in order to increase spots. That costs some health..In BG meta you can't afford losing health. And even you can get hit by opponent heavy. Spot has no immunity. He should have some immunity . But he can be used defensively in some matchups.

Scorpion is better than spot also a very good champ and have multiple immunity. But those immunities can't be used in most competitive content AW like in hazard shift node. I saw some videos in that there is very insane burst damge of scorpion but that damage comes with venom snergy. And if we talk about senergy then there are so many champions damge become more lethal once they snergize.

Like Black volt with Medusa and hitmonkey
    Agent venom with scorpion and kraven best DOT in the game.

Without snergy scorpion is very good but not no 1. Very useful in some matchups.

As per me HT is still the Mystic Slayer!!!! But i didn't have him as 6* yet. Waiting for him. I will R5 him directly.

• Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Kitty pryde

Ruwqiersa said:

Kitty pryde

People make it sound like shes on the same level as Herc which is crazy to me. I’d rather r5 AA
    Nobody says that. Herc is clearly broken.
    On the other hand, saying that she’s overrated is cuckoo.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    Spot
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,178 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Zemo

Keep sleeping on Zemo, he’s the most versatile skill champion, too bad he has his big damage trapped behind a synergy or bleed immunity. Eitherway before the nerf he was a top 5 champion.
  • Options
    D3fuD3fu Posts: 51
    it’s 100% just because i’ve never learned to play him properly and have no idea how he actually works but corvus is just horrible to me i find him very useless
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Crcrcrc said:

@Ben_15455 I’m pretty sure you’re playing those champions wrong if you think they’re the most overrated champions. You go ahead and post your fastest RoL fight, unboosted, no synergies with Cassie. I’ll use scorpion and we’ll see who has more damage.

Kingpin is more useful in every game mode, easily more useful than hit monkey.

Don’t really have an argument against Nimrod, but I wouldn’t call him overrated, he has single handily ruined AW for mutant defenders.

I don’t agree with OP on kingpin and Nimrod but I do prefer Cassie over Scorpion. Here’s my R5 Cassie no boosts or synergies. Curious fast Scorp can do it.

Here’s my r2 unduped scorp no boosts, 4 seconds faster and I forgot to even use his prefight
    Dang I didn’t realize he was that fast, did you use synergies? And what’s the best damage rotation? maybe I should give him another try, I was pumped to pull him but he didn’t wow me so he’s just been sitting at R3, Cassie’s been my mystic killer instead.
  • Options
    AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 136

Sunspot. He can end fights fast, sure, but other than that I don't understand all the hype around him.

Maybe I'm just not the greatest sunspot player, though?

I never ranked up or even touched any of my lower rarity Sunspots until I got my 7* version and man.. He is an offensive monster with that incinerate damage and decent survivability due to his perfect block utility. I been sleep lol.. You should wake up too ;)
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 493 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Chavez. I've seen people say she's a good champ and I just can't see it. She has quite literally zero utility outside of reducing ability power rate. She doesn't even have buff control, she just punishes the opponent for having buffs. If the opponent has buffs I need to get rid of, I'll just bring a better Mystic. And if the opponent has a lot of buffs that I don't really need to get rid of, I'm still not using Chavez because in that case I could bring literally anyone else to that fight instead. I'm not saying she's horrible, I just don't understand why anyone would invest resources into her when she offers very little to your roster
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Aegon and Guilly 2099. Their value will most likely rise again once we see new Everest content drop, but until then I'd argue that they'd deserve far lower places on most tier lists I've seen. It's as if people rank them due to their potential rather than their usefulness in the game as it stands today.

They aren't outright bad by any means. I defeated one of the Act 7 bosses with my 7* Guilly 2099 for the recent Carina's Challenge, so she can clear get things done. But it's been ages since either of them truly shone anywhere. They are both developed specifically for a type of content that very, very, very rarely drops.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★
    Falcon... He is just overrated
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 992 ★★★
    edited October 2023

@Ben_15455 I’m pretty sure you’re playing those champions wrong if you think they’re the most overrated champions. You go ahead and post your fastest RoL fight, unboosted, no synergies with Cassie. I’ll use scorpion and we’ll see who has more damage.

Don’t really have an argument against Nimrod, but I wouldn’t call him overrated, he has single handily ruined AW for mutant defenders.

Hey! Kingpin is a Great Champion But don't you compare him with Hitmonkey!
    Both are different! Hitmonkey does Crazy Yellow Numbers, Crit Bleed.
    Kingpin doesn't have DOT Debuff but his hits are solid...He needs to be rammed up in a Fight....
    But Hitmonkey deals Damage the moment he enters the Fight, But he has a Crappy Block Proficiency...Kabam could have made that Better & he's in Top 5 for me.
    Kingpin is Great....
    But Hitmonkey is OP too!
    P.S- I know I'm gonna get lots of Disagree....But I was just sharing my Opinion. 😅
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Milan1405 said:

Agree with spot. I took him to r5 sig200 and never use the guy. Also I f***ing hate guillotine 2099. I have her as an awakened 7 star and people tell me she's solid and useful for questing. No she isn't. I didn't use her once in the 7 for 7 challenge; I don't like having to ramp her up and the fact that you have to end with an sp3 is absolutely idiotic. There are SO many nodes and champions that mess with your power or that stop champs getting knocked out from a sp3. Or you need her sp1 power drain utility or sp2 heal reversal so can't even afford an sp3, and have to ramp her up again. Oh and she sucks in battlegrounds and war.

As someone who had guilly as My first 7 star i'm happy with her mainly because of her suicide frienlyness and power control but he is pretty unusable in some situacions and sometimes a 6* R3 would be better than a 7* i think i'll use her for the 7 for 7 Challenge still
    (i'm sorry for Your dupe)
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Aegon and Guilly 2099. Their value will most likely rise again once we see new Everest content drop, but until then I'd argue that they'd deserve far lower places on most tier lists I've seen. It's as if people rank them due to their potential rather than their usefulness in the game as it stands today.

They aren't outright bad by any means. I defeated one of the Act 7 bosses with my 7* Guilly 2099 for the recent Carina's Challenge, so she can clear get things done. But it's been ages since either of them truly shone anywhere. They are both developed specifically for a type of content that very, very, very rarely drops.

I don't like guilly 2099, but I think the game is honestly 'too easy' for aegon right now if that makes any sense. Aegon was fantastic for labyrinth and abyss but he was also an absolute monster in act 6. He was taking a wide variety of the toughest paths pretty comfortably. Then ofc act 7 and 8 became far easier and we are yet to see any truly difficult content since act 6; but if it does come out, aegon's value will sharply rise again I imagine. I have a rank 4 aegon that I haven't used in a while, but it's not a waste as I simply like knowing he is there if needed. If abyss and act 6 - like content were more common I would have probably rank 5ed him. However, guilly's sp3 knockout mechanic makes her far too restrictive to have much use overall in tough content. And where she does work in act 7/8, there are probably other champs who could have done the job quicker or better.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Agree with spot. I took him to r5 sig200 and never use the guy. Also I f***ing hate guillotine 2099. I have her as an awakened 7 star and people tell me she's solid and useful for questing. No she isn't. I didn't use her once in the 7 for 7 challenge; I don't like having to ramp her up and the fact that you have to end with an sp3 is absolutely idiotic. There are SO many nodes and champions that mess with your power or that stop champs getting knocked out from a sp3. Or you need her sp1 power drain utility or sp2 heal reversal so can't even afford an sp3, and have to ramp her up again. Oh and she sucks in battlegrounds and war.

As someone who had guilly as My first 7 star i'm happy with her mainly because of her suicide frienlyness and power control but he is pretty unusable in some situacions and sometimes a 6* R3 would be better than a 7* i think i'll use her for the 7 for 7 Challenge still
    Lol thanks, the dupe is useless, but my sauron dupe is even more useless lol, hate that clown. Well if you run suicides I can understand that a bit more but tbh I never run suicides as it's usually less advantageous in battlegrounds and many champs that I use are not suicide friendly like nick fury, doom etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Milan1405 said:

As someone who had guilly as My first 7 star i'm happy with her mainly because of her suicide frienlyness being tech and power control but he is pretty unusable in some situacions and sometimes a 6* R3 would be better than a 7* i think i'll use her for the 7 for 7 Challenge still i don't really have many tech options
  • Options
    BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 100

Falcon... He is just overrated

To each their own, but I don’t know how you can over estimate his ability reduction. Makes Korg, Thing and many others a joke. Plus the crit benefit of his is huge, especially against any evade champs
  • Options
    BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 100

Milan1405 said:

She’s been great for the new Carina challenge - wouldn’t be my first choice if I was doing act 7 for the first time but she breezed several lanes and bosses for me
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I don’t agree with OP on kingpin and Nimrod but I do prefer Cassie over Scorpion. Here’s my R5 Cassie no boosts or synergies. Curious fast Scorp can do it.

Here’s my r2 unduped scorp no boosts, 4 seconds faster and I forgot to even use his prefight
    Dang I didn’t realize he was that fast, did you use synergies? And what’s the best damage rotation? maybe I should give him another try, I was pumped to pull him but he didn’t wow me so he’s just been sitting at R3, Cassie’s been my mystic killer instead.
    I just use the Spiderham one for extra stings for bonus damage, but it’s totally not required for jim to be a beast. Then I just cycle sp2s and sp1s alternating and parry charge heavy to extend the stings. You can get even more damage out of him with the venom synergy too.
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    Ben_15455 said:

I'm just curious who you guys think is the most overrated don't be afraid to voice your opinion

If I gotta choose I would have to guess Cassie, hit monkey, fantman and omega sentinel..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

Ben_15455 said:

I'm just curious who you guys think is the most overrated don't be afraid to voice your opinion

If I gotta choose I would have to guess Cassie, hit monkey, fantman and omega sentinel..
    Surprised to see Fanta on here. My ascended 5* is still hitting like a truck in BGs.
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★

Trek26 said:

Ben_15455 said:

Surprised to see Fanta on here. My ascended 5* is still hitting like a truck in BGs.
    I'm just trolling OP lol
  • Options
    ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    Personally, and I hate to say this but CGR. It could be that I have to take him to rank 2 or 3 to really get a better idea but he’s taking longer for me to feel comfortable playing than I would’ve anticipated
  • Options
    KingSkeletorKingSkeletor Posts: 116
    edited October 2023
    I am probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but my top 3 OVERRATED champs are :

- Ghost
    - Apoc
    - Nick Fury

Let me explain :
    Ghost has in my opinion no utility without a debuff node (Biohasard) or against an opponent that doesn't apply debuffs and without synergies. But what makes her overrated in my opinion is that she is compared to Herc or Kitty when she isn't even better than Fantman or Omega Sentinel...
    Then we have Apoc. That dude is useless without nodes and his damage (my R3 apoc does less damage than my R2 Silk) is ridiculously low if you go for a long fight without nodes (Abyss, Lol...)
    Finally we got Nick Fury and, don't get me wrong I choosed him over Nimrod in my 6* Nexus crystal for AW and BGs, but except AW and BGs I don't see a lot of utilites for him if not his synergies. His damage is pretty low compared to Kingpin Valk or Shang btw
  • Options

Personally, and I hate to say this but CGR. It could be that I have to take him to rank 2 or 3 to really get a better idea but he’s taking longer for me to feel comfortable playing than I would’ve anticipated

Just took him up from R1 to R3, gonna try and get a more accurate feel for him
  • Options

Honestly liking him a lot better at R3, might throw him into my battlegrounds deck