**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Who Is The Most Overrated Champion?

124»

Comments

• Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 199 ★★
    Dude are you planning to farm some disagree? Cause your plan was quite successful.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★
    BENNYJ said:

Falcon... He is just overrated

To each their own, but I don’t know how you can over estimate his ability reduction. Makes Korg, Thing and many others a joke. Plus the crit benefit of his is huge, especially against any evade champs
    His aar is useful, but is not reliable. Dashing back and holding block, then after the locked in expires, you have to play around without aar until you can load it... He used to be great in bgs but now useless as he can't end fight quicker.
  • Options

Personally, and I hate to say this but CGR. It could be that I have to take him to rank 2 or 3 to really get a better idea but he’s taking longer for me to feel comfortable playing than I would’ve anticipated

You definitely want him at Rank 3 just because of the Combat Power Rate increase you'll get. It's important for CGR just like it is for Doom.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Ercarret said:

Aegon and Guilly 2099. Their value will most likely rise again once we see new Everest content drop, but until then I'd argue that they'd deserve far lower places on most tier lists I've seen. It's as if people rank them due to their potential rather than their usefulness in the game as it stands today.

They aren't outright bad by any means. I defeated one of the Act 7 bosses with my 7* Guilly 2099 for the recent Carina's Challenge, so she can clear get things done. But it's been ages since either of them truly shone anywhere. They are both developed specifically for a type of content that very, very, very rarely drops.

I don't like guilly 2099, but I think the game is honestly 'too easy' for aegon right now if that makes any sense. Aegon was fantastic for labyrinth and abyss but he was also an absolute monster in act 6. He was taking a wide variety of the toughest paths pretty comfortably. Then ofc act 7 and 8 became far easier and we are yet to see any truly difficult content since act 6; but if it does come out, aegon's value will sharply rise again I imagine. I have a rank 4 aegon that I haven't used in a while, but it's not a waste as I simply like knowing he is there if needed. If abyss and act 6 - like content were more common I would have probably rank 5ed him. However, guilly's sp3 knockout mechanic makes her far too restrictive to have much use overall in tough content. And where she does work in act 7/8, there are probably other champs who could have done the job quicker or better.
    Yeah, but that was my entire point. I don't regret ranking up my 5* Aegon back in the day because he put in a lot of work in the content I was playing then. However, since there hasn't been any new content that's tough enough for him to shine in, I haven't seen a need to rank up my 6* Aegon at all. He used to be a fantastic champion, and whenever new content lands that allows him to build up fully again, he'll be a fantastic champion once more. But right now, without anywhere to shine? I'd definitely put him pretty far back on any tier list I made, albeit with a huge asterisk that mentions that he'll most likely soar up two or three tiers whenever the next Everest content drops.

Guilly 2099 is in a similar situation in that it's very rare to find content where she can ramp up okay. The difference is that I actually like Aegon and thoroughly loathe Guilly 2099, because I really find her SP3 mechanic super annoying. I really, really, really hate that mechanic.

I'm not saying that either champion is bad. All I'm saying is, do they still deserve to be as high on today's tier lists simply based on how useful they were in old content and assumptions regarding how well they'll work in future content?
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Agree with spot. I took him to r5 sig200 and never use the guy. Also I f***ing hate guillotine 2099. I have her as an awakened 7 star and people tell me she's solid and useful for questing. No she isn't. I didn't use her once in the 7 for 7 challenge; I don't like having to ramp her up and the fact that you have to end with an sp3 is absolutely idiotic. There are SO many nodes and champions that mess with your power or that stop champs getting knocked out from a sp3. Or you need her sp1 power drain utility or sp2 heal reversal so can't even afford an sp3, and have to ramp her up again. Oh and she sucks in battlegrounds and war.

As someone who had guilly as My first 7 star i'm happy with her mainly because of her suicide frienlyness and power control but he is pretty unusable in some situacions and sometimes a 6* R3 would be better than a 7* i think i'll use her for the 7 for 7 Challenge still
    (i'm sorry for Your dupe)
    Lol thanks, the dupe is useless, but my sauron dupe is even more useless lol, hate that clown. Well if you run suicides I can understand that a bit more but tbh I never run suicides as it's usually less advantageous in battlegrounds and many champs that I use are not suicide friendly like nick fury, doom etc.
    Yeah i removed suicides for battlegrounds
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

I am probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but my top 3 OVERRATED champs are :

- Ghost
    - Apoc
    - Nick Fury

Let me explain :
    Ghost has in my opinion no utility without a debuff node (Biohasard) or against an opponent that doesn't apply debuffs and without synergies. But what makes her overrated in my opinion is that she is compared to Herc or Kitty when she isn't even better than Fantman or Omega Sentinel...
    Then we have Apoc. That dude is useless without nodes and his damage (my R3 apoc does less damage than my R2 Silk) is ridiculously low if you go for a long fight without nodes (Abyss, Lol...)
    Finally we got Nick Fury and, don't get me wrong I choosed him over Nimrod in my 6* Nexus crystal for AW and BGs, but except AW and BGs I don't see a lot of utilites for him if not his synergies. His damage is pretty low compared to Kingpin Valk or Shang btw

With apoc, fair enough if you don't want to rank him up as he isn't good in bgs but he is still great for questing, utility and damage wise. Ghost is great but if you don't like her playstyle then don't rank her then; I do agree that she isn't as good as herc or kitty.

But nick fury you are so wrong. His damage is way way higher than valk shang chi and kingpin (in a matchup without constant debuffs). He is a top 5 battlegrounds defender consistently at sig200 and he is a monster in war. I often use mine and he can take fights you would not expect at all like hazard shift void. He has utility coming out of his ears with debuff shrugging, evade and miss hard counter, stun immunity and auto-block counter and unblockable, tanking sp3s, heal block via despair etc, not to mention some great synergies. He is a questing god and does good stuff in bgs against defenders like doom, qs, spot, scorp etc. The only possible reason not to like him is if you run suicides (doesn't work at all with them) or not having 5/5 DW. Deep wounds TRIPLES his damage output or something stupid. Nick fury also has a relatively non-talked about skill level for tough fights in war where he performs extremely well if you are good with him, such as light intercepting to only do LLLL combos which gives a better damage output per power given to the opponent, useful in certain tricky fights/nodes. He is one of my top 5 most used champs (and I have over 20 rank 5's or 7star r2). Nick Fury is the rightful king of the skill class.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Kitty, Kingpin.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

His damage is pretty low compared to Kingpin Valk or Shang btw

🙄🤔
    *probably haven't played NF at second life with maxed deep wounds 😉

• Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    It constantly changes, right now Morbius
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,885 ★★★★

It constantly changes, right now Morbius

He’s new at the moment
  • Options
    BlindFaithBlindFaith Posts: 9
    Galan
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Cyclops.

However bad people think he is, he's actually much much worse.