Developers in BG?

13»

Comments

• HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 877 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I'd like to elaborate a little here, but first let me thank you! The vast majority of you have approached and discussed this topic very level headed. I feel this topic could have spiraled into a lot of yelling pretty quickly, and I was pleasantly surprised this morning.

Firstly, Kabam employees have always played MCOC and we have always been very clear about that. The comments of "do they even play their own game?!" have always made us chuckle. Some of us (definitely not me) are actually very good! But every one of those accounts is earned. We do not have "access to every champ" and we cannot pull any strings to earn wins, grant resources, etc. We play the same way you play.

This in-game tag exists to provide transparency, plain and simple. You've played against the dev team before, almost certainly. But now you can get really excited when you destroy a Kabam developer in Battlegrounds! I'm kind of excited to hear some of the stories that come from this!

I think you’re slightly off base here. People, myself included, have questioned whether devs played the game at high enough levels to feel what the players do. For example, had any devs finished Carina’s V1 and 2 challenges?

I’m glad Kabam is hiring or contracting with people like karateman, DLL and nah and I believe their contributions will benefit the game in massive ways. However saying that it has “always been the case” is a bit of a slight of hand unless we start to see other devs in GC.

Overall it’s great news.
    I don't understand your "slight of hand" complaint here. Kabam has made many statements in the past about their developers playing the game at all levels of play in response to players questioning this. This goes back at least to 2017 when AW was getting its first major revamp (i.e. when defender diversity was introduced) and Kabam was questioned on whether any of the developers even participated in high tier war. Jax is summarizing a long history he wasn't here for the entirety of, but those of us that were can attest that players have questioned both whether Kabam developers played the game at high levels and even at times at all, and in both cases Kabam has answered in the affirmative. This is not a recent development.

In fact I recall such discussions happening even before that, for example when 12.0 rolled out, but those were generalized complaints. "Top tier play" was a bit ambiguous back then. It was war revamp where I recall this first being challenged very specifically, where the notion of what "top tier play" was very specific and obvious.
    I'm saying that taking on DLL and nah (you'd agree these are fairly recent) is a different statement from "people we hired, started playing the game and are endgame players." That's why I said, "it's a bit of sleight of hand" because people here (not Miike or Jax, but haven't mentioned other names) are pushing DLL and nah as examples that their team always had top tier players. Surely you of all people understand the nuance?

Adding DLL and nah to the team (and hopefully more endgame players) is a great thing for the game in addition to having smaller and newer players on the team.

Edit: This is why I'm so thrilled to see someone like nah (and DLL, usually watch his streams) on the team. And it shows; KT1 has been singing DLL's praises for some time now.
    DLL isn't new to the team.
    Kabam Defense Force member always on duty. 🫡
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

@HungaryHippo while I appreciate your challenging the Kabam-does-no-wrong people, you're now coming off as someone that just disagrees to disagree

I disagree
    Agreed
    I suppose I should ask since you seemed a bit sincere. You scoured my post history and didn’t see any time I sided with Kabam?

Not even the time I agreed with GW on the War compensation issue?
    No I didn't look back, just from what I recall lately. It wasn't about you agreeing with Kabam but your ability to call out the staunch defenders, which is typically on point.

This is getting weird :)
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I'd like to elaborate a little here, but first let me thank you! The vast majority of you have approached and discussed this topic very level headed. I feel this topic could have spiraled into a lot of yelling pretty quickly, and I was pleasantly surprised this morning.

Firstly, Kabam employees have always played MCOC and we have always been very clear about that. The comments of "do they even play their own game?!" have always made us chuckle. Some of us (definitely not me) are actually very good! But every one of those accounts is earned. We do not have "access to every champ" and we cannot pull any strings to earn wins, grant resources, etc. We play the same way you play.

This in-game tag exists to provide transparency, plain and simple. You've played against the dev team before, almost certainly. But now you can get really excited when you destroy a Kabam developer in Battlegrounds! I'm kind of excited to hear some of the stories that come from this!

I think you’re slightly off base here. People, myself included, have questioned whether devs played the game at high enough levels to feel what the players do. For example, had any devs finished Carina’s V1 and 2 challenges?

I’m glad Kabam is hiring or contracting with people like karateman, DLL and nah and I believe their contributions will benefit the game in massive ways. However saying that it has “always been the case” is a bit of a slight of hand unless we start to see other devs in GC.

Overall it’s great news.
    I don't understand your "slight of hand" complaint here. Kabam has made many statements in the past about their developers playing the game at all levels of play in response to players questioning this. This goes back at least to 2017 when AW was getting its first major revamp (i.e. when defender diversity was introduced) and Kabam was questioned on whether any of the developers even participated in high tier war. Jax is summarizing a long history he wasn't here for the entirety of, but those of us that were can attest that players have questioned both whether Kabam developers played the game at high levels and even at times at all, and in both cases Kabam has answered in the affirmative. This is not a recent development.

In fact I recall such discussions happening even before that, for example when 12.0 rolled out, but those were generalized complaints. "Top tier play" was a bit ambiguous back then. It was war revamp where I recall this first being challenged very specifically, where the notion of what "top tier play" was very specific and obvious.
    I'm saying that taking on DLL and nah (you'd agree these are fairly recent) is a different statement from "people we hired, started playing the game and are endgame players." That's why I said, "it's a bit of sleight of hand" because people here (not Miike or Jax, but haven't mentioned other names) are pushing DLL and nah as examples that their team always had top tier players. Surely you of all people understand the nuance?

Adding DLL and nah to the team (and hopefully more endgame players) is a great thing for the game in addition to having smaller and newer players on the team.

Edit: This is why I'm so thrilled to see someone like nah (and DLL, usually watch his streams) on the team. And it shows; KT1 has been singing DLL's praises for some time now.
    Spoken like someone who can't disprove their argument
  • Abspain101Abspain101 Member Posts: 175 ★★

TSan said:

Any others should be blocked by Kabam. But they will hardly block their accounts. Once again - there should be no game developers in game modes against regular players. Conflict of interest. You work - okay, work. If you want to play, make a regular account and play in silence, and do not hang a flag on it, "look at everything, I'm a developer, hypothetically I can do whatever I want, and you - settle down and don't ask questions." It's stupid. Another argument in favor of ending this circus. The game degrades.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read lately. The community claims the devs never play the game and they're out of touch. Now we can see who they are and now they shouldn't play the game?

Get over it. You're mad because you probably lost. Git gud.
    Actually they won and they are still complaining God forbid they lost it would have been anarchy lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

I have to correct myself. DLL is new to Kabam as an employee but he's not new to the game and he's played high tier everything. Does experience just magically disappear when you get hired at Kabam? But even still, over a year of employment isn't exactly new. The community has been claiming Devs don't play the game for ages.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

Nah, I also think you're wrong, and Demonzfyre is usually whining about anything I say about Kabam too so this one has nothing to do with the knights.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

I understand the distinction, but I don't believe that's fair to lay on Jax specifically. While other people have mentioned DLL and nah, Jax's statement doesn't. Jax only says that people have questioned if the Kabam team actually plays the game (presumably at high tier, as playing casually would obviously not address the complaints people making that complaint would generally have) and that has always been the case.

If you want to tell other posters that DLL and nah would not necessarily be examples of long time high tier players working for Kabam (it would depend on when they were hired: they were not generally known as Kabam developers until relatively recently) that's fine. But you replied to Jax, directly stated he was "slightly off base" and then implied that his statements about "always been the case" was slight of hand. I don't see how Jax's statement itself contains even the slightest amount of misdirection or misleading implications.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

I understand the distinction, but I don't believe that's fair to lay on Jax specifically. While other people have mentioned DLL and nah, Jax's statement doesn't. Jax only says that people have questioned if the Kabam team actually plays the game (presumably at high tier, as playing casually would obviously not address the complaints people making that complaint would generally have) and that has always been the case.

If you want to tell other posters that DLL and nah would not necessarily be examples of long time high tier players working for Kabam (it would depend on when they were hired: they were not generally known as Kabam developers until relatively recently) that's fine. But you replied to Jax, directly stated he was "slightly off base" and then implied that his statements about "always been the case" was slight of hand. I don't see how Jax's statement itself contains even the slightest amount of misdirection or misleading implications.
    Read and re-read my comments again. I clearly said, that the omission of detail (while allowing the defense force members to push certain narratives) is the sleight of hand. I didn't lay into anyone. Why get your knickers into such a twist?

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

Jnik was in tier 1 war way back, Kabam John was in tier 1 war for a good while too. And there are other devs who are higher in BGs or War currently, other than just DLL and Nah who haven't decided to run the Dev title. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

You saying it's sleight of hand is just because you're not quite totally informed of the facts. I hope you understand that nuance.
    The operative term being "was". But thanks for the response. Also enjoying your new account challenge.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,222 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

Read and re-read my comments again. I clearly said, that the omission of detail (while allowing the defense force members to push certain narratives) is the sleight of hand. I didn't lay into anyone. Why get your knickers into such a twist?
    You are still entirely incorrect
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

What details do you think were left out? All he said was that the devs have always played the game and those that think otherwise are incorrect. He didn't suggest that they have always played at the highest levels, you seem to have come up with that interpretation on your own.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

1. It wasn't clear, but I nevertheless assumed exactly what you're saying you said, which I said and still believe is unfair.

2. "Lay on" and "lay into" mean completely different things.

3. It is always funny to me how my typing is "getting knickers into a twist" while the person actually saying that is always just reasonably conversing. For some definition of "funny."
    Maybe it's time you calm down a bit. This is just a forum mate. I'm suggesting that it's great to have end games players CURRENTLY playing the game and experiencing the struggles of the players so it's nice to see the Dev tags in the most played game modes.

If things had always been this clear, the claim wouldn't have been enough of an issue to get under your skin so much.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Overall it’s great news.

What details do you think were left out? All he said was that the devs have always played the game and those that think otherwise are incorrect. He didn't suggest that they have always played at the highest levels, you seem to have come up with that interpretation on your own.
    They just want attention. It's best to let this one die. They'll never concede that they're wrong.
This discussion has been closed.