The current BG is designed like a disaster

Comments

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

The 5x wins in row used to be the hardest part of VT every season, Idk who thought it's a good idea to have 3 times nw!!

Probably someone from the developing team that haven’t ever played BGs to experience how it is getting to GC.
    If they want to kill the mode, this is exactly what they need to do, and they did already.
    I can’t believe they designed a mode that only a small elite will enjoy.
    Take a look at GC just 10 days before season concludes, it’s nearly empty.
    They missed the mark completely by adding more 1-1 medal VT tiers, and especially more 5 consecutive wins tiers.

I just went in and checked to see. Arcane 2 is the lowest rank with people in it. The top score in arcane 2? 0 points. I would normally make GC before 2 weeks left and be in Uru 3.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,284 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    You know they really killed the mode and made horrible decisions when a good chunk of players don't even want to bother hopping on every 2 days and do a few fights. It's a shame they took BGs in this direction when it had so much potential.
    It's like they had a development meeting looking at arena and concluded that everyone plays arena because they must love the grind so they applied even more grind to battlegrounds
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★

The 5x wins in row used to be the hardest part of VT every season, Idk who thought it's a good idea to have 3 times nw!!

When i saw this, immediately lost interest in push for GC, that's a pure moneygrabbing move from kabam to force people to buy shields...''but with seeding you'll be able to start in a high rank and bla bla bla'' it's simply NOT FUN to have to win 5 fights in a row and when you finally do it, you need to do the same 2 more times....they actually manage to made the mode even more stressfull
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 912 ★★★★

Go_To said:

Go_To said:

I really love bgs (when I’m winning) and have been in the GC every season. This one however I have no motivation. There’s too much going on with the sq, horrible dlx challenge and new aw changes that somehow make it more challenging. I just don’t have the time to do bgs nor do I want to. The VT is just too long now. Makes it seem like I have to climb the murderhorn

I gave up trying in Gold 1. I can push through to Plat if I want. No doubt at all. I was in the GC the last 2 Seasons. I just don't care to anymore. Not when I'm facing 10 Tiers of 3-4-5 consecutive Wins to progress. Not with these Nodes, Champs, and AI. It's the very definition of overkill for me, and I'm quite disheartened about it. I was really enjoying the journey.
    The protection node this season is brutal. It shouldn’t be annoying but it is. I already get enough of it in aw, EQ and story content.
    I also feel like a lot of the changes they’ve made recently haven’t hit the mark. while the aw store update was very welcomed, I wonder how it will stand the test of time, especially if they wait 6+ months to update it.
    I think the changes would have been fine with the seeding, minus the Token and Tier changes. Perhaps one or two more Tiers would have been sufficient. It's way too much all at once, and the system is just brutal when it's already competitive as hell.
    There is nothing wrong with VT. Maybe if you stopped hoarding gold and actually ranked meta champs, you’d be able to do it.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 912 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

GW is in here criticizing game changes with more than triple the agrees to disagrees. A remarkable day. (I was one of the agrees)

“Play this game mode while other content is nonexistent. We’ll give you super extra mega rewards”

One month later

“We took out the premium rewards, gave you lots of other stuff to do in the game that’s time limited, and made it way harder to get the main rewards. Y’all still good?”

Only complains when they can’t make it. But when people are complaining about gold, “nothing to see here folks”. I took it easy this season and still made it to GC in less than 2 weeks.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,099 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

GW is in here criticizing game changes with more than triple the agrees to disagrees. A remarkable day. (I was one of the agrees)

“Play this game mode while other content is nonexistent. We’ll give you super extra mega rewards”

One month later

“We took out the premium rewards, gave you lots of other stuff to do in the game that’s time limited, and made it way harder to get the main rewards. Y’all still good?”

Only complains when they can’t make it. But when people are complaining about gold, “nothing to see here folks”. I took it easy this season and still made it to GC in less than 2 weeks.
    I made it last season in less than two weeks. This season, I’m in platinum and unmotivated to do more than is required for 2-day objectives.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited August 2023

TyEdge said:

One month later

What's your account rating? I'm trying to get a judge on how long it might take me (don't really care for GC, but I'd like to get as many token rewards as possible. I'm a little over 3.7 mil and made it from Bronze 1 to Gamma 2 in 24 hrs last season (procrastinated the solo objeective until the last 2 days lol)
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Go_To said:

Go_To said:

I really love bgs (when I’m winning) and have been in the GC every season. This one however I have no motivation. There’s too much going on with the sq, horrible dlx challenge and new aw changes that somehow make it more challenging. I just don’t have the time to do bgs nor do I want to. The VT is just too long now. Makes it seem like I have to climb the murderhorn

I gave up trying in Gold 1. I can push through to Plat if I want. No doubt at all. I was in the GC the last 2 Seasons. I just don't care to anymore. Not when I'm facing 10 Tiers of 3-4-5 consecutive Wins to progress. Not with these Nodes, Champs, and AI. It's the very definition of overkill for me, and I'm quite disheartened about it. I was really enjoying the journey.
    The protection node this season is brutal. It shouldn’t be annoying but it is. I already get enough of it in aw, EQ and story content.
    I also feel like a lot of the changes they’ve made recently haven’t hit the mark. while the aw store update was very welcomed, I wonder how it will stand the test of time, especially if they wait 6+ months to update it.
    Go_To said:

Go_To said:

while the aw store update was very welcomed, I wonder how it will stand the test of time, especially if they wait 6+ months to update it.
    The AW store was updated?

• Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Points using energy is way too low. Especially now that you want uncollected and most cav players locked in VT. 4 fights with full energy and IF you win them all you get 5k ish point. Players want to quit BGs rather than grind all the way up the milestone rewards.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 979 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Greekhit said:

Probably someone from the developing team that haven’t ever played BGs to experience how it is getting to GC.
    If they want to kill the mode, this is exactly what they need to do, and they did already.
    I can’t believe they designed a mode that only a small elite will enjoy.
    Take a look at GC just 10 days before season concludes, it’s nearly empty.
    They missed the mark completely by adding more 1-1 medal VT tiers, and especially more 5 consecutive wins tiers.

I just went in and checked to see. Arcane 2 is the lowest rank with people in it. The top score in arcane 2? 0 points. I would normally make GC before 2 weeks left and be in Uru 3.
    I checked the same thing on Sat (about 11 days before the season end), and yep it is still the same thing.

Absolutely unbelievable.

I'm the same, got to GC in the last 2 seasons around 2 week into the season. This season only just got into Platinum, and looking at the requirement for Vibranium (3 Tiers), just completely destroy any motivation in push forward.

Unbelievable how fast Kabam managed to kill a game mode.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    Kabam has been so off in pretty much everything they do and at this point it’s kinda crazy.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,800 ★★★★★
    On top of the other problems, there are nothing but cheaters left in bg’s also.

How does this game expect to make money when there is zero integrity?
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 894 ★★★
    So this season is a disaster...what is the technique next season?

You tank matches for several days to lower rating? Then win up through until it bottlenecks, then tank some more and repeat? Then tank your rating at end if you didn't get into GC or barely made it to set up the next season?

Just trying to figure out what Kabam is turning this into.

Kabam: Go back to last seasons win/loss setup and fix your MM to tier.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    The progression lock was a good idea. But only if you were to be locked in the same place you ended up last season, not 3 tiers down.
    Let s say you do your best, you spend a lot of time and energy and you made it to GC this season. With the frustration, the broken AI etc and everything that comes along with it. You are tired, you don't want to get this all over again next month, but you will.
    And if by chance, you can't get to GC next season, because you don t have the time, or the nerves, or there s a tricky node, or whatever, the season after you ll end up even lower than #11! And that s when the most patient player stops from the BGs all together.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    edited August 2023

Here are my 5 main pain points.

1. AI - It's absolutely unforgiving. I like a challenge, but it's ridiculous. You have Nodes like Protection, and every Heavy is automatically countered. It will wait out opportunities to strike with intuitive accuracy, and/or speed up as it likes.
    2. The Token Changes - It's made it an absolute slog. The Victory Track was fine as it was.
    3. The Extra Tiers - I have no idea why 10 Tiers of 1 Token a Win sounded like a good idea, but no one is going to have a cake walk to the GC without them. They'll be competing with people who were in the GC the previous Season. That's enough.
    4. The Amount of Resources Required - With the new system in place, your only option is to either have flawless progress, or spend on Shields. 10 Tiers of them.
    5. The Erosion of Motivation - I went from placing in the GC the last 2 Seasons to barely even having the motivation to meet the Objectives. It's just sucked the desire to even play the mode out of me.

Christ, if even GroundedWisdom is complaining something must be terribly wrong.

If anything, I wish the AI was more aggressive. If I get punished for a bad medium, that's on me. Not so much when Nick won't throw his damned SP2 and I lose all of my Juggernaut unstoppables and don't get my SP2 fury.

Making it to GC wasn't much of an achievement in past seasons, and climbing tiers was a bit of a slog, so I don't really mind the extra Tiers filtering out the chaff a bit more. Just wish there was some more variety in VT nodes.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,485 ★★★★★
    Nothing wrong with this season, the last 2 were really boring and felt as if it was an objective instead of a competition.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    With all due respect, I doubt the concensus is the VT needed to be harder.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

If the point of VT is to weed out the competition for GC, I think it's very problematic with the matchmaking, medal system, and grind.

I would say this season is more frustrating and discouraging with the changes as opposed to being harder

If the point of VT is to weed out the competition for GC, I think it's very problematic with the matchmaking, medal system, and grind.

I would say this season is more frustrating and discouraging with the changes as opposed to being harder
    Yes, and thank you for the clarification. Perhaps I was a bit ambiguous with the term harder. Any changes inevitably lead to things being harder for some in a sense. It's definitely discouraging, and that was my concern in earlier discussions, months back. If you push it too much, people will lose their drive to play it at all.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 310 ★★★
    Last season was the most fun I had in BGs. So naturally kabam had to do something to kill the mode 😂 Terrible changes. Take last month, rince and repeat = we happy
  • ascendanceascendance Member Posts: 23
    Finally got to GC yesterday. Of course faced a 5.7M account first match under the Crit Me node. Lmao no thanks, just waiting out ranked rewards now.
  • Itz_RofItz_Rof Member Posts: 8
    My account is 850k rated and 10k prestige, no 7 stars or rank 4s yet and I got to diamond 4 and now every single matchup is just a loss for me. Opponent always has multiple R5s and normally a couple of 7 stars and pretty much the same deck that I just don't have the champs to deal with. As of right now I feel like Im running head first into a wall over and over trying to get a win for my battlegrounds quests. This is the first season of BG im playing and it's really shaping up to have been the worst one to start with. The 1-1 system is also a horrible idea as realistically what normal player is going to be going on consistent 3 game plus winstreaks against people of the same/ better level. Nothing really new hear just venting my frustrations as my god it is genuinely impossible I havent had a win in 20 matches roughly.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Itz_Rof said:

My account is 850k rated and 10k prestige, no 7 stars or rank 4s yet and I got to diamond 4 and now every single matchup is just a loss for me. Opponent always has multiple R5s and normally a couple of 7 stars and pretty much the same deck that I just don't have the champs to deal with. As of right now I feel like Im running head first into a wall over and over trying to get a win for my battlegrounds quests. This is the first season of BG im playing and it's really shaping up to have been the worst one to start with. The 1-1 system is also a horrible idea as realistically what normal player is going to be going on consistent 3 game plus winstreaks against people of the same/ better level. Nothing really new hear just venting my frustrations as my god it is genuinely impossible I havent had a win in 20 matches roughly.

The way matchmaking is set up creates almost a "wall" at which an account of certain sizes may or may not be able to pass through. I don't want to open up the discussion on if that's good or bad (you can find many such discussions already on multitudes of threads).

I think an issue with this season is it feels like the parameters of this "wall" have changed, making many accounts previously able to get to GC having much more difficulty this time, leading to the frustration

Itz_Rof said:

The way matchmaking is set up creates almost a "wall" at which an account of certain sizes may or may not be able to pass through. I don't want to open up the discussion on if that's good or bad (you can find many such discussions already on multitudes of threads).

I think an issue with this season is it feels like the parameters of this "wall" have changed, making many accounts previously able to get to GC having much more difficulty this time, leading to the frustration
    Well, I made it to the GC the last 2 Seasons, which was really fueling my desire to keep trying. I'm at Kang, with a 2.8M Rating and the R4s I need (for context). This Season, I'm in G1 and I've spent many Units on Shields, back-and-forth trying to get out of it. If I wanted to keep trying, I know I could get to Plat. The idea of doing it 9 more Tiers is just something that's sucked the willingness to try. That's where I'm at.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 661 ★★★
    Tbh I agree with all of this. I only missed gc once, and then I was on holiday for 3 weeks of it and grinded to just miss when i got back. I look at this tier system and am not motivated at all. Here I am in broze with doing 2 fights both wins and I'm already out again. I can't find the motivation for this. I look at that wall of so many in a row and go nope before I even start.

Meta isn't hard, bg was never fun to me as you do like 3 fights then everyone works out what is happening with nodes then it is same decks and grind forever till circuit where things at least change to added some more interest for a day or 2. I was willing to grind for the rewards but I just can't this one.

Nothing will change so going forward for me bg is just an ignore game feature like 4* through lol. Yeah it's there but I don't care as I'm not doing it.
This discussion has been closed.