The current BG is designed like a disaster

Comments

• Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★

Most horrible season to date. Switch it back kabam before you kill the game mode. We all enjoyed last season. This season is just beyond frustrating and horrible. And protection is a bs node in the first place. Quit having that and unblockable/unstoppable always be your go to. Get creative for a season.

Somebody doesn't remember the community to response to the armour burn season. Everyone wants creative, but what they want even more is nodes their champs can actually do.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,235 ★★★
    Armor burn was a decent season. Protection and unblockable/unstoppable seems to be all kabam can come up with to put in every single game mode. It gets old.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    I think that this season will be rock bottom. Once the other accounts start closer to the GC and get there quicker, it should make the VT more competitive. Hopefully.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    I just got two accounts that are sub 800k and 9Kish prestige to plat3. Don't know how much further I'll be able to get.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,951 Guardian
    I agree it is a lot more grindy this season. that plus we have sooo much to do overall , has made the BG experience a lot less fun. The added tiers do not help either.
    But matchmaking isn't really to blame. Hopefully by playing enough, you are able to learn how to play certain matchups.
    My main is very developed, so i have had no issues so far progressing.
    My alt, has 2 r5s and is far less developed. It has been a little challenging, but i dont feel it has been overly tough. I think experience matters here. Experience is valuable and will help you progress.
  • Itz_RofItz_Rof Member Posts: 8

Itz_Rof said:

My account is 850k rated and 10k prestige, no 7 stars or rank 4s yet and I got to diamond 4 and now every single matchup is just a loss for me. Opponent always has multiple R5s and normally a couple of 7 stars and pretty much the same deck that I just don't have the champs to deal with. As of right now I feel like Im running head first into a wall over and over trying to get a win for my battlegrounds quests. This is the first season of BG im playing and it's really shaping up to have been the worst one to start with. The 1-1 system is also a horrible idea as realistically what normal player is going to be going on consistent 3 game plus winstreaks against people of the same/ better level. Nothing really new hear just venting my frustrations as my god it is genuinely impossible I havent had a win in 20 matches roughly.

The way matchmaking is set up creates almost a "wall" at which an account of certain sizes may or may not be able to pass through. I don't want to open up the discussion on if that's good or bad (you can find many such discussions already on multitudes of threads).

I think an issue with this season is it feels like the parameters of this "wall" have changed, making many accounts previously able to get to GC having much more difficulty this time, leading to the frustration
    Yeah it feels like rather than getting fair matchmaking it’s deliberately skewed for me to not be on a level playing field with my opponent and that feels like a stupid way of matchmaking to me, as someone who played a lot of other competitive games like cs and overwatch etc

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    I got into the CG yesterday on something like a 23-2 streak. It was a slog but IMO a necessary one to keep those who don't belong in the GC out. No more free passes to the GC and free rewards anymore. Some need to look at their own roster and skills instead of complaining about being unable to compete.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,929 ★★★★★

I agree it is a lot more grindy this season. that plus we have sooo much to do overall , has made the BG experience a lot less fun. The added tiers do not help either.
    But matchmaking isn't really to blame. Hopefully by playing enough, you are able to learn how to play certain matchups.
    My main is very developed, so i have had no issues so far progressing.
    My alt, has 2 r5s and is far less developed. It has been a little challenging, but i dont feel it has been overly tough. I think experience matters here. Experience is valuable and will help you progress.

Full disclosure: I’ve been on vacation and out of town a lot, so BGs have taken a way backseat for me, which finds me in Gold 2 if I recall correctly. I think I’ve missed at least 2-3 of the objectives completely, which is uncharacteristic of me.

True, the nodes this season present issues for anyone who relies too much on parry, and that’s likely a lot of players. That’s one reason for complaints.

And I agree the added tiers and 1:1 token change were perhaps the most wrongheaded idea headed into a seeded season. Another reason for complaints, and justified in my view.

But matchmaking still needs work, especially once seeding arrives. If a weak account can start out in or around Platinum next season based on this season’s performance, then I would suggest it’s time to take the bubble wrap off matchmaking and let anyone face anyone much sooner. I suspect there will be a fair number of Paragons who said “**** it” this season and wind up seeded together in Silver/Gold to start next season. Fun times all over again—frustration shouldn’t be the overarching theme for this game mode.

Dr. Zola
    Itz_Rof said:

Itz_Rof said:

My account is 850k rated and 10k prestige, no 7 stars or rank 4s yet and I got to diamond 4 and now every single matchup is just a loss for me. Opponent always has multiple R5s and normally a couple of 7 stars and pretty much the same deck that I just don't have the champs to deal with. As of right now I feel like Im running head first into a wall over and over trying to get a win for my battlegrounds quests. This is the first season of BG im playing and it's really shaping up to have been the worst one to start with. The 1-1 system is also a horrible idea as realistically what normal player is going to be going on consistent 3 game plus winstreaks against people of the same/ better level. Nothing really new hear just venting my frustrations as my god it is genuinely impossible I havent had a win in 20 matches roughly.

The way matchmaking is set up creates almost a "wall" at which an account of certain sizes may or may not be able to pass through. I don't want to open up the discussion on if that's good or bad (you can find many such discussions already on multitudes of threads).

I think an issue with this season is it feels like the parameters of this "wall" have changed, making many accounts previously able to get to GC having much more difficulty this time, leading to the frustration
    Yeah it feels like rather than getting fair matchmaking it’s deliberately skewed for me to not be on a level playing field with my opponent and that feels like a stupid way of matchmaking to me, as someone who played a lot of other competitive games like cs and overwatch etc

Would you prefer fair matching from the start so you never make it to Diamond? That's how it should be BTW.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    The game mode is not just for the top-most Players. I don't know why you keep pushing that narrative, but it's not and has never been. If you're under the impression it can run with that portion alone, I'd like to see the experience of testing that theory, and how smooth it runs.
    Which is why I keep reiterating, if you discourage people from playing at all, they're going to drop the game mode.
    The GC is for the top players and the VT is for everyone else as proven by this thread.

You are allowed to participate but you are not given a free pass anymore.

The GC is for the top players and the VT is for everyone else as proven by this thread.

No one has been given a free pass. I earned my way to the GC the last 2 Seasons. I wasn't handed Matches that were a cake walk. I fought a range of Accounts, all the way up to Uru. It was a challenge, but it was a reasonable challenge worth doing. That view is so ignorant, and it's an exaggerated one.
    Adna gain, the top players don't ever face those who are going to quit because they aren't good enough to compete so their quitting won't hurt BGs at all. Especially with seeding, I'm never going to be below Plat 1 so your quitting in Gold doesn't affect me in the slightest.
    If you think that's the case, good luck.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,485 ★★★★★

The game mode is not just for the top-most Players. I don't know why you keep pushing that narrative, but it's not and has never been. If you're under the impression it can run with that portion alone, I'd like to see the experience of testing that theory, and how smooth it runs.

The game mode is a competition for summoners.
    Maybe your account is not strong enough to compete. I read so far you were able to make it into GC the last 2 seasons, those were the 2 easiest seasons so far, I don't personally think that is a coincidence.

No one has been given a free pass. I earned my way to the GC the last 2 Seasons. I wasn't handed Matches that were a cake walk. I fought a range of Accounts, all the way up to Uru. It was a challenge, but it was a reasonable challenge worth doing. That view is so ignorant, and it's an exaggerated one.
    If you 'earned' your way to the GC in past seasons then you're 'earning' your way to a roadblock in Gold 1 this season.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 912 ★★★★

There are ample resources in the game for any summoner, let alone someone like you who's been playing for years, to make it to GC. BGs is competitve, if you can't make it it's because your fellow summoners are out-competing you.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

If you 'earned' your way to the GC in past seasons then you're 'earning' your way to a roadblock in Gold 1 this season.
    I'm genuinely curious what you believe is the true indicator of those that deserve to be in GC and those that don't. At what point does someone belong there compared to being "handed free rewards"?
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★

There are ample resources in the game for any summoner, let alone someone like you who's been playing for years, to make it to GC. BGs is competitve, if you can't make it it's because your fellow summoners are out-competing you.
    This is one of the major issues. Even a veteran play like GW thinks BG is the prime source of rank-up resources. So many people are putting much more if not all of their time and effort into BG rather than story/progression.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,485 ★★★★★
    People can get Cavallier by blowing up 5000 units worth of revives, we can't negate they worked for it; but do they really deserve it? The last 2 seasons of BGs turned into a mod that you could brute force your way into GC.
    The exaggerations and minimizing need to stop. I didn't get handed anything the last 2 Seasons. I fought my way there. I took my share of Losses, used Shields when it was optimal, and put the time and effort into it. I wasn't just catapulted into it by playing a few Matches. I played every day I was making an effort. THIS is how it should be. Not a filtration system for the top 5%.
    This absolute mockery that is posted everytime someone with a lower Rating and Roster has a modicum of success just trivializes the gaming experience for many people. It's absolutely inaccurate.
    I'm not Uncollected. I haven't been given hand-picked Matches to fast-track me to the GC. I fought my way through Plat and up with random Matches like anyone else.
    I stopped caring this Season. That might be fine for the elitists of the conversation, but I guarantee it will cascade for others. No one, not a soul, wants to play something they have no chance of progressing in, and even less people care when they're told they've been handed everything.
    I don't always talk in absolutes, but have fun destroying the game mode with that "Only the best!" mentality. Only the best deserve the top-most Ranks, no contest. They don't deserve a monopoly on the game mode.
    If you can't make it out of Gold this season, it is not an exaggeration to say that you were gifted rewards last season when you were handed GC by avoiding top players on your way up.
    Keep pushing that narrative. That doesn't make it true.
    I can get out of Gold. I already said that. It's not that hard. Get 2 Wins and use Shields until I'm out.
    What I refuse to do is invest thousands of Units to do that for 9 more Tiers with one Token per Win. It's absolutely unnecessary when you consider how seeding will be played out moving forward, and it's unnecessary in general.
    Don't patronize me. I know what a competition is, and I know what reasonable effort is.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 731 ★★★

The exaggerations and minimizing need to stop. I didn't get handed anything the last 2 Seasons. I fought my way there. I took my share of Losses, used Shields when it was optimal, and put the time and effort into it. I wasn't just catapulted into it by playing a few Matches. I played every day I was making an effort. THIS is how it should be. Not a filtration system for the top 5%.
    This absolute mockery that is posted everytime someone with a lower Rating and Roster has a modicum of success just trivializes the gaming experience for many people. It's absolutely inaccurate.
    I'm not Uncollected. I haven't been given hand-picked Matches to fast-track me to the GC. I fought my way through Plat and up with random Matches like anyone else.
    I stopped caring this Season. That might be fine for the elitists of the conversation, but I guarantee it will cascade for others. No one, not a soul, wants to play something they have no chance of progressing in, and even less people care when they're told they've been handed everything.
    I don't always talk in absolutes, but have fun destroying the game mode with that "Only the best!" mentality. Only the best deserve the top-most Ranks, no contest. They don't deserve a monopoly on the game mode.

Buddy, I think it’s time for a break from the forums/internet for awhile.

This discussion has been closed.