Gladiator, Summoner’s Choice is Worst Champ of the year!!

2»

Comments

• coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Didn’t a lot of people say doom was trash when he first came out? Also apoc?
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator

Yup lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    ....and Hyp, and Tigra.....list goes on. Lol.
  • heirDEZheirDEZ Member Posts: 139 ★★
    edited September 2023
    HERESY TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!
    THE SHI’AR EMPIRE WILL RULE THIS CONTEST!

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 988 ★★★★
    yeah I agree with the OP. Thats why it's called the summoners choice. and such thing takes a total of 6 months starting from the very first pools, all the way down to the release of the champ. the winner should be a clear cut winner and one of the top 5 champs in his class to say the least.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Keonex said:

Gladiator, Summoner’s Choice is Worst Champ of the year!!

I get they didn’t want another Op cosmic but then again why include a cosmic champ on Voting

I personally didn’t Vote for cosmic for that reason but majority didn’t seem to care about it

Now we are stuck with a champ that’s lack luster and for a champ that supposedly is meant to stand next to Quicksilver on that same podium as they said in livestream they are definitely delusional if they think he matches what previously was done with summoners choice champs

making now voting on a new champ in the future not appealing at all if we are to just get a useless champ

He is better than quicksilver. There i said it
    Never…
  • hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★
    edited September 2023
    @Emilia90
    Shes literally jada smith. And she needs the will smith relic for her damage to slap.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    I agree with the too many cosmics deathlok should've won but gladiator is pretty good he's got pretty cool mechanics don't trash a champ that just came and sandman is good y'all just don't use him right he's got utility
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator

and sandman is good y'all just don't use him right he's got utility

Sandman has been a rockstar in AW for us
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Doom during the first month of his release was considered by a big part of the community as a huge letdown.
    Then the Doom cycle got revealed, and Doom passed to MCOC history as the biggest community miss.
    Gladiator needs some time in the game to be judged correctly, and that’s definitely more than a few days.
    Greekhit said:

Doom during the first month of his release was considered by a big part of the community as a huge letdown.
    Then the Doom cycle got revealed, and Doom passed to MCOC history as the biggest community miss.
    Gladiator needs some time in the game to be judged correctly, and that’s definitely more than a few days.
    Not the same… now we have a lot of gifted content creators that figure things out immediatly
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Gladiator is an absolutely fine champion.
    He's not quite a "Summoner's choice" champion. He's not bad, he just doesn't feel complete.
    This is a statement that's been echoed by a lot of the content creators as well.

I actually wholeheartedly agree with what Gladiator's developer said in the live stream. I'm completely comfortable with Gladiator standing on a platform / being near the top tier champions in game. I don't expect him to be Hercules level of broken. I don't expect him to introduce a game-breaking mechanic like Quake.

Truth is - he has some really good damage. Not quite the 4/5 MCOC listed, not unless you include his special punishing to it's full potential - which will be something unobtained by many. But, he's still a 3(3.5)/5 at the very least. Physical damage, DoTs, a mix of Incinerate and Coldsnap - he can counter evade, miss, he's got some great utility.

He's NOT an 'Ease of Use' champion. Similar to Adam Warlock, he's got his own unique playstyle and the more skilled you are the more of his potential you'll be able to unlock. That is also fine.

He's good. He's not great, he's not exceptional, he's absolutely in no way horrible, nor is he even close to the worst we've seen this year.

When I criticize Gladiator, is it possible I'm being a little overly critical? Perhaps, a tad. I'm actually trying to be completely fair about this - so I acknowledge that part of this conversation may actually come down to our own (at times: unrealistic) expectations.

But the fact that similar, if not identical, elements of improvements are being almost unanimously expressed by people who have access to Gladiator at the highest levels, and people who play at the highest levels, I do feel pretty confident in saying that's not the case here.

Part of a champion's release period, the rebalancing period, is for Kabam to look at numbers yes. But another part of it is absolutely regarding our feedback and experience. Now, the OP of this thread was completely off base and could have offered far more constructive criticism, but I also don't think that all criticism should be brushed aside as "He was just released, give him a chance."

People (aside from OP) aren't saying: "His damage is non-existent, he has no utility, he's completely useless, what a waste..." People are just saying, he feels, lacking, and with a few tweaks he'd feel a lot better. I stand by everything I said in my thread about things I'd like to see improved on him: here.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Gladiator can also survive in the vacuum of space unaided and withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, particularly intense heat. He has shown himself to be capable of flying through stars completely unharmed, and has actually withstood the explosive power of a supernova-like event. Gladiator's invulnerability also makes him immune to all diseases, infections, contaminations, corrosives and radiation.

With these abilities he should be immune to incinerate, nova flame or poison.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

My recollection is it started way, way back with Magik. Apparently removing nullify on SP2 and giving her power lock was the worst mistake Kabam ever made, because it removed an ability that was somewhat useful and replaced it with an ability that was completely worthless.

That was the very common hot take on Magik when she was adjusted back in the day. Between then and now Magik has changed essentially not at all. I have kept that firmly in mind when reading hot takes on champions ever since.

It takes a lot of true expertise to properly evaluate a champion after weeks of testing. It takes expertise that doesn't exist to properly evaluate a champion after days of testing. I wouldn't trust the judgment of someone who only had a couple days to evaluate a champion. I wouldn't trust someone at all who thought their judgment after a couple days of testing was definitive.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Member Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    Gladiator's confidence in the mud.
    Gladiator needs both more damage and utility to ever be used in any content as a legit not just fun option…
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Worst champ of 2023 definitely sandman for me