Options

Battleground matchmaking

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,911 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I coukdnt care about the seeding thing tbh matchamiing was bad before and its still the same has im proved here and there by when u hit plat its no longer a fair game its onsided match ups people like me and other with bearly a mill in team rating going up against rank 5 6* and rank 2 7* paragaon accounts u dont stand w chance at all no one can tell ke im wrong because for the past three seasons when ive hit plat thats it im facing countless accounts that i dont stand a chance against i yeah i do get wins when its a fair match up btw in plat for past three seasons for me i might get two decent and fair match ups out of 60 fight thats not even close to being even all i wish is that u get more fair even match ups becsuse at this rate me and countless other players will NEVER reach glad curcuit

It means as of now with your account strength and skills you don't deserve to be past Plat.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,374 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    KABAM should just save all these posts and at the start of every season repost them. Would save some time as nothing different is being said.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,491 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I coukdnt care about the seeding thing tbh matchamiing was bad before and its still the same has im proved here and there by when u hit plat its no longer a fair game its onsided match ups people like me and other with bearly a mill in team rating going up against rank 5 6* and rank 2 7* paragaon accounts u dont stand w chance at all no one can tell ke im wrong because for the past three seasons when ive hit plat thats it im facing countless accounts that i dont stand a chance against i yeah i do get wins when its a fair match up btw in plat for past three seasons for me i might get two decent and fair match ups out of 60 fight thats not even close to being even all i wish is that u get more fair even match ups becsuse at this rate me and countless other players will NEVER reach glad curcuit

Have you maybe considered that you're simply not ready for GC yet? Just keep growing your account man, you'll get there eventually. I don't know how many times people need to explain to you that matchmaking based on rating ("fair matchmaking") would not work because then you'd have big accounts stuck in Plat while accounts like yours would make it to GC on first week.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ive worked hard for my account to get it where it is i dont need to be getting matched accounts like this

No offence u onky saying this becsuse u can make it to glad curcuit its not fare for lower accounts like me who will never get glad curcuit thats a fact even thou i know people who have made glad curcuit and have really low accounts and i mean below 700k base team rating but i know they have cheated to get there if it isnt bad matchmaking its cheaters doing there stuff and thats never gonna be fare for people like me

You keep saying fair, but what is fair defined as here? Would it be fair for you to get to GC and all these accounts that beat you not?

Who ever said getting to GC was meant for all of that it is a right? If GC is meant to be the best of the best facing off, then is it fair for you to be there if you aren't?
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2023
    Maybe kabam just need to come straight out and add a lid.
    Just be transparent about it.
    Make all the matchmaking pools they want but literally restrict GC to only paragons.
    How about that?
    Restrict cav to only platinum?

I am sure that would be popular.

I dunno what people want. Its a god damn competition.
    It doesn’t matter how much skill you have if you have yet to develop a roster.
    It does not mater what your roster is if you have no skill.
    In this game you need both.
    It literally is that simple.
    Develop the skills, spend the time develop the roster. Then go hard. U til then don’t expect to climb climb climb. Spend time getting good and big and powerful.

I understand it is not fun to get smacked.
    Nobody likes that regardless of where you are at.
    But the alternative is to cap how high the lower players can get.
    After a few seasons of seeding it will probably end up being mostly balanced as people filter to the areas they belong.
    Just as AW.
    War rating gets you a similar match the majority of the time.
    There will always be outliers but allies generally end up sitting around allies the same strength .
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Ive worked hard for my account to get it where it is i dont need to be getting matched accounts like this

No offence u onky saying this becsuse u can make it to glad curcuit its not fare for lower accounts like me who will never get glad curcuit thats a fact even thou i know people who have made glad curcuit and have really low accounts and i mean below 700k base team rating but i know they have cheated to get there if it isnt bad matchmaking its cheaters doing there stuff and thats never gonna be fare for people like me

You keep saying fair, but what is fair defined as here? Would it be fair for you to get to GC and all these accounts that beat you not?

Who ever said getting to GC was meant for all of that it is a right? If GC is meant to be the best of the best facing off, then is it fair for you to be there if you aren't?
    I think we need to stop saying "best of the best" because that is also not true, there are about 12k spots in GC that's not "best of the best". It is however meant for strong players with strong enough accounts to be up there, this person might be a good player but unfortunately they don't have a strong enough account and you need both.
  • Options

I think we need to stop saying "best of the best" because that is also not true, there are about 12k spots in GC that's not "best of the best". It is however meant for strong players with strong enough accounts to be up there, this person might be a good player but unfortunately they don't have a strong enough account and you need both.
    But thats what best of the best is in a game like this.
    A game like this is all about developing the roster.
    Now you don’t need to have a literal whale roster you don’t need the years it takes to develop 100 deep full ranked roster, but you do need the time it takes to develop a 30 deep roster.
    Big roster is a large part of what it takes to be the best in games like this.

You gotta stop thinking best is only skill.
    Best skilled player, best roster, both are factors.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Now you don’t need to have a literal whale roster you don’t need the years it takes to develop 100 deep full ranked roster, but you do need the time it takes to develop a 30 deep roster.

12k people are not the best of the best, if mcoc had a 50M playerbase sure but that's not the case. I'm not denying that GC is only for skilled players with strong accounts but the idea that GC is exclusively for Beroman level players is not true either.

As for the "you gotta stop thinking best is only skill" comment, you gotta stop replying without reading everything I actually typed cause I very clearly said you need both.
  • Options

Part of the problem is there isn't a clear definition of what GC compared to VT is supposed to be, leading to many debates here.

I will also clarify best of the best being for the specific season and includes only those willing to put in the time/effort. There are most certainly highly skilled players who don't care enough to actually compete enough to make it to the top.

If GC is not meant as best of the best, what exactly is it then? If A is better than B, A wins. If A is consistently better than others, he advances. Those who make it all the way to GC then should be those who are consistently better than others.
  • Options
    10k + or - account asking to be in GC...
    No one can defend this level of entitlement
  • Options

Maat1985 said:

12k people are not the best of the best, if mcoc had a 50M playerbase sure but that's not the case. I'm not denying that GC is only for skilled players with strong accounts but the idea that GC is exclusively for Beroman level players is not true either.

As for the "you gotta stop thinking best is only skill" comment, you gotta stop replying without reading everything I actually typed cause I very clearly said you need both.
    Uru3 limit is 999,999,999 that's why people think should always be there
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 β˜…β˜…
    There also seems to be some misunderstanding all around that players with multiple million rosters, deep in R3/4/5, etc., just plow through these fights. It’s simply not true. The most highly skilled players probably do. Kudos to them for it. But I would guess that most of us are like me…we have a decent roster of champions, but there are gaps.

Then factor in how well a draft did or did not go (and my experience tells me the draft system really needs work - my opinion), the other player running ouchies (I don’t - I have no desire to - I don’t grind arenas and have no intention of grinding arenas), the inevitable input issues that seem to occur more in this mode than others and the fact that the competition is tight right out of the gate in Bronze III and it tells a very different story.

I can run off 8 wins in a row at times and every one of those wins is WELL earned. I can run off 10 losses in a row and you could say I suck at the game, but more often than not, I’m simply hitting a wall - 2-1 matches where I lost the 3rd match by <1000 points being just one example. I lost a match today where I scored 50k. The other guy scored 51k.

All in all I run probably between 45-55% win rate overall and it takes FOREVER to climb.

So, all respect to the lower level players here, but life for players with bloated Paragon rosters isn’t all sunshine and rainbows in this game mode. It’s a dog eat dog battle right from the start.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 103 β˜…
    Masdo said:

In earlier rounds, a few sunday league teams will play amongst themselves in order to progress to the next round of FA cup. Take an example, Salford FC.

As they progress further, the circle of teams become narrower and they will end up draw against a much bigger team, let say Man City.

Did they cried about it? No. That’s how a competition should be.

So why should you, the lower account wanna cry you couldn’t be in GC? Or are up against higher rating account when you reach Plat?

Entitiled spoiled brat.

Terrible comparison. Leagues have conditions, rules, regulations, integrity, criterias, etc. that establishes it as a competitive sport and competition. BGs is just another mode that's open to Cav+. Aside from the few with smaller accounts that air their grievances, BGs still need a lot of improvements for it to be a true ranked mode.
  • Options

Part of the problem is there isn't a clear definition of what GC compared to VT is supposed to be, leading to many debates here.

I will also clarify best of the best being for the specific season and includes only those willing to put in the time/effort. There are most certainly highly skilled players who don't care enough to actually compete enough to make it to the top.

If GC is not meant as best of the best, what exactly is it then? If A is better than B, A wins. If A is consistently better than others, he advances. Those who make it all the way to GC then should be those who are consistently better than others.
    You can't call 12k players "the best of the best" when the total playerbase is about 550k, they're strong players with strong accounts sure but the best of the best are realistically only the people in or that could easily make it to any of the celestial tiers (this is why celestial has 6 tiers, not 3 like the rest). I made it to GC last season and I'm about to make it to GC this season am I the best of the best? Absolutely not I literally just became Paragon a month ago and I barely have 9 r4 6*. Again, I agree, GC is exclusively for skilled players with strong rosters but I wouldn't call every single person in GC the best of the best.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The problem is, in an ideal situation, Players would rarely be grossly overpowered if ever. I'm not saying a system that quarantines Players is the best solution. Just that there is usually a natural placement that Players fall into based on performance. Whether bigger or smaller, they rank and match based on what they do.
    The issue here is the system is more complex than that. You have starting over every Season, a mix of Matchmaking techniques, and a meta that's tuned to serve the best of the best. From Plat up. Only, there are many Tiers from then on. The scoring is too narrow, the grind to the GC is too tedious, and the difference in Rosters coupled with OP Champs is too vast.
    Then you have the entire reason we started having intervened Matches to begin with. Matchmaking manipulation. To be honest, that's what ruins any decent system. Tanking, Roster manipulation, monopolizing spots, the best Players running Alts in multiple Tiers, all of that skews things.
    There's no easy solution and it's a work in progress, but I can certainly empathize with people who have a hard time swallowing being trampled. Not that I necessarily agree with the OP. There will be a drop-off. That's the trade-off for having a decent start.
    People argue that it's just how a competition is. I'm of a different mindset. It has nothing to do with Rewards for me. I felt the same way about War when it changed, and I feel the same way about this. No Match should overpower your Roster to the point that it doesn't matter how you play, you're not winning. That takes the skill out of it completely.
  • Options
    people all just be trippin, smoking the good stuff and expecting a leg up.

at the end of the day its a competition.

regardless how you want to quantify being the best or just being good enough or whatver.
    fact is you just gotta be good enough to get there.

and good enough in this game is not just skill but also roster depth.
    both are required to be good enough.
    if you ain't good enough, well then get better.
    either focus on learning how to fight better,
    how to counter certain champs better,
    or making a deeper roster,
    whatever it is you are lacking.

but it is a competition.
    everyone except for the literal cream of the crop will hit a wall at somepoint where they can't go higher.
    for me it is uru3 every season.
    after making GC i give up cus i know i can't climb to the top and don't wanna waste my time getting WLWLWLWL to maybe climb more.
    i can stop at uru 3 or i can play 1000 more matches and maybe still get uru 3. maybe i could get more, but i can't be bothered. so i choose my own point.

my alt account cant even get out of bronze. i accept that and just know as my roster gets better i can climb more.
  • Options
    GrO_otGrO_ot Posts: 35 β˜…

Rare 3 in a row and Plat1 this morning…think my opponent probably thought I was crazy picking Yondu over Hulkling and buffed IM…but Yondu is one of the best attackers this season and always good against pesky prowess champs.

And Dman is a legit Hulkling killa πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
  • Options

SO MUCH FOR IMPROVING MATCHMAKING im cav bearly over a mill in rating why am i getting matched with these accounts i and others like me dont stand a chance at all at this rate kabam me and others will never reach glad curcuit last two days this is all ive been getting ive had 5 even and decent match ups out of 60 fights u surpose to improve matchmaking this is not improvement at all me and some others all feel the same way and yes of course people are gonna moan but i dont care im not being rude im just trying to get my point across

For the full answer of your question, refer back to the dozens of posts about this issue each season.
    How the system is set up now, quite frankly you just aren't meant to reach GC. Right or wrong that is how it stands now.

The advice I always tell people in your position is that you should advance each season as far as you can go and stop when you get roadblocked. As a Cav player, there is so much content left for you to do with Act 6, 7, and 8. Your focus should primarily be on advancing through story content and growing your roster more. Complaining about the current system won't change anything, but you can find ways to improve to do better in the future
  • Options
    mvnceablemvnceable Posts: 18 β˜…
    This is just pure madness, I hate battlegrounds

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2023
    Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

WTF do they keep letting these players into Plat so easily?

Maybe they should just make the game mode for Paragon players.
    That'll teach him to complain about fairness. πŸ˜†

But in all honesty, the only way to lower the amount matchmaking complaints like these is like you said, paragon only. Or have 2 separate battlegrounds with 2 separate rankings and 2 largely different set of rewards.

But I still see the lower bracket complaining about why the paragon bracket gets better rewards. So, IDK.
    Rewards have always been different. Only Paragons have access to Paragon store in BG which accounts for the bulk of the rewards. @Ironman3000 and @DNA3000 conveniently ignore this, because it doesn't fit their competition narrative. No real world competition has differential rewards based on the player's status outside the competition.

Just like the game economy requires rewards to be gated, player experience and participation requires some compromise on matchmaking. It is not that they don't understand this, they just don't like to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with their view on the game mode.
    Wrong.

The rewards are exactly the same for everyone. Your store 'argument' has been debunked multiple times already.
  • Options
    Jaycray81Jaycray81 Posts: 369 β˜…β˜…
    Who cares if there are a bunch of cavalier accounts in platinum? Most of the rewards are based off the point system in the events. Now, if they were all making it to the GC over the big boys, and girls, then it would be an issue. I think the way it works is fine. It gives everyone an opportunity to win some matches, score some points, and collect some rewards. Platinum rewards vs Gold or silver are a minimal difference.
  • Options

Just as entitled as petitioning for others to have nothing and the ability to massacre an UC Account because "we've put the work in".
    The point is, people have the right to express their own concerns, and your perception that they just want easy Rewards is just that, a perception.

NIce hyperbole. Literally, no one is arguing that.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 425 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2023

Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

But in all honesty, the only way to lower the amount matchmaking complaints like these is like you said, paragon only. Or have 2 separate battlegrounds with 2 separate rankings and 2 largely different set of rewards.

But I still see the lower bracket complaining about why the paragon bracket gets better rewards. So, IDK.
    Rewards have always been different. Only Paragons have access to Paragon store in BG which accounts for the bulk of the rewards. @Ironman3000 and @DNA3000 conveniently ignore this, because it doesn't fit their competition narrative. No real world competition has differential rewards based on the player's status outside the competition.

Just like the game economy requires rewards to be gated, player experience and participation requires some compromise on matchmaking. It is not that they don't understand this, they just don't like to acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with their view on the game mode.
    Wrong.

The rewards are exactly the same for everyone. Your store 'argument' has been debunked multiple times already.
    Wrong.

Paragons are handed 7-star shards for losing 3 matches in Bronze every 2 days. Please show me where other progression levels get 7-star shards from BG? The store is the reward and it isn't same for everyone.

You proclaiming 'debunked' does not change facts. There is no competition with differential rewards. What you want by invoking the competition 'argument' is an easier progress and a wider reward gap. Unless you are advocating for same rewards for everyone, your stance is just a facade for 'I want to get to GC sooner by beating weaker accounts'

Why do you care that a bunch of Cavs or UCs are in plat2? They are hardly getting anything game breaking from BG. They are playing within their peer group and are being rewarded equivalently. Focus on beating your peers and your progress.
  • Options

Where should all the people go who have worked longer and harder than you? There are thousands fo people with much better rosters than you, so you agree that they should all be ahead of you, right?

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Paragons are handed 7-star shards for losing 3 matches in Bronze every 2 days. Please show me where other progression levels get 7-star shards from BG? The store is the reward and it isn't same for everyone.

You proclaiming 'debunked' does not change facts. There is no competition with differential rewards. What you want by invoking the competition 'argument' is an easier progress and a wider reward gap. Unless you are advocating for same rewards for everyone, your stance is just a facade for 'I want to get to GC sooner by beating weaker accounts'

Why do you care that a bunch of Cavs or UCs are in plat2? They are hardly getting anything game breaking from BG. They are playing within their peer group and are being rewarded equivalently. Focus on beating your peers and your progress.
    To be clear, I am not suggesting giving Cavs and UCs 7-star shards. Just pointing out that they are playing for an entirely different set of rewards and they are doing so at their level. Despite a common leaderboard, they are not responsible for some Paragons being stuck in lower levels of VT (which they are anyway being compensated for with top end rewards). The store/matchmaking is a compromise to make sure a wider set of players get a decent game experience. That is all.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Jaycray81 said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Your argument is moot, @Ironman3000 doesn't care if they get to Plat2 actually, the problem here is the entitlement of OP wanting to get to GC with a 10k prestige account.
    The rewards argument, its the same rewards really. Yes there is a gate; but the game is not withholding the key, the player is the one responsible to progress. We are talking about 1 year of BGs, 11 seasons. That's plenty of time for a player to become Paragon and have access to the same rewards. BGs are supposed to be a side source of account development, not the main source.
    You can argue all you want that the rewards are nor the same, the hold back is on the player not on the game mode. If you want to hold on to the rewards not being the same argument, I could argue that nowhere in the game the rewards are the same for different progression levels for solo rewards, meaning it follows the same basic trend. There are game modes that lower progression levels can't even access to, maybe it should have been the same with BGs
  • Options

Your argument is moot, @Ironman3000 doesn't care if they get to Plat2 actually, the problem here is the entitlement of OP wanting to get to GC with a 10k prestige account.

Come on. This is classic Motte and Bailey behaviour. He constantly replies to every poster on the lines of 'why should you be ahead of others with stronger accounts?' 'you don't deserve plat2' etc. You can't flip that into an entitlement issue given the condescending behaviour on display. Especially when it is ignored that the rewards available for just participation to higher progression accounts is infinitely better than anything given to the lower progression ones even at plat.

There is no limit on how many players can be in plat or diamond or any other VT tier. No one is blocking another groups progress in the game mode. This is a game after all, different people have different expectations and level of participation.