**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Battleground matchmaking

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,354 ★★★★★
    You guys took the movie Happy Madison way too serious, in real life you can't really expect to bring your Grandpa's golf clubs and expect to win, 10k prestige roster won't make it to GC either.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,363 ★★★★★
    Here's the problem with that perspective. People don't want Accounts to factor into Matchmaking, but they argue the Rankings must reflect the size of Accounts. If that's the case, then why compete at all? Why not just line Accounts up by size and dole out Rewards based on that?
    The size of their Accounts shouldn't be the deciding factor. Their performance should. Now, if you find the odd Account that looks out of place, fair enough. However, if you're saying people don't deserve to earn their way up past Plat because they're TB, or their Presitge is less, or any other derivative thereof, then that's not a competition. That's elitism.
  • Options
    Its not really a matter of account size only is it?
    Most of the nodes are combinations of nodes from act 7 and 8, people who played them have a bit more experience with them than someone who hasn't finished act 6, they also invest on rank ups for it.
    Yes Kabam could set a default deck and make competition equal, not sure how exactly they would profit from it; but they could. They could limit the game into 4* only, pretty sure lower accounts would have an upper hand in that way but it wouldn't be profitable. The game is elitist from the moment you download it, everyone should know that.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Your argument is moot, @Ironman3000 doesn't care if they get to Plat2 actually, the problem here is the entitlement of OP wanting to get to GC with a 10k prestige account.

Come on. This is classic Motte and Bailey behaviour. He constantly replies to every poster on the lines of 'why should you be ahead of others with stronger accounts?' 'you don't deserve plat2' etc. You can't flip that into an entitlement issue given the condescending behaviour on display. Especially when it is ignored that the rewards available for just participation to higher progression accounts is infinitely better than anything given to the lower progression ones even at plat.

There is no limit on how many players can be in plat or diamond or any other VT tier. No one is blocking another groups progress in the game mode. This is a game after all, different people have different expectations and level of participation.
    The only answer I have to the rewards and all is that there is people who do the content, and there is people that wait until they have a strong roster to make the content easy. OPs account is way too big to be Cav, and that inflates his expectations.
    Of course why would someone who has a few 5* would ever want more 5* shards when there is 6 and 7 shards out there?. Well work for them, the content is not gated to what champs ranks you can take, we had to do a lot of it with 3* to low rank 5*.
    You want Paragon rewards get to Paragon.
    You want to get to GC get a deck strong enough for it. As of now OP is only crying about that extra bump of trophies for getting to GC.
  • Options

Here's the problem with that perspective. People don't want Accounts to factor into Matchmaking, but they argue the Rankings must reflect the size of Accounts. If that's the case, then why compete at all? Why not just line Accounts up by size and dole out Rewards based on that?
    The size of their Accounts shouldn't be the deciding factor. Their performance should. Now, if you find the odd Account that looks out of place, fair enough. However, if you're saying people don't deserve to earn their way up past Plat because they're TB, or their Presitge is less, or any other derivative thereof, then that's not a competition. That's elitism.

If performance or skill was a factor, there wouldn't be any Cavs with multiple 6r3s or TBs with 6r4s.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 365 ★★★
    This topic is rehashed every BG season. As they tinker more and more with how to resolve it, we have to consider the motives behind the game mode. Participation and the possibility of us using units on shields and shuffles.

BG's can be fun, but more often than not, it' turns into a frustrating mode when you get roadblocked. Many of the lower accounts still have expectations based on previous seasons, but I haven't run into a single low level account as I've progressed through the tiers. I got through Plat and and most of Diamond pretty straightforward, but was stuck for a couple of days in Diamond 1.

If anyone has played MK 2 (the arcade version), I feel like the algorithm is set up to make it a little more difficult as you get more medals. Not sure if that is the case. In my experience, I'd get to 3 or 4 medals then face a loaded roster or just have a really bad draw. I'd drop the next couple of matches and then the fights get easier. Oddly enough, I used a victory shield when I got to 4 and faced a slightly lower account.

With that said, I have expectations that getting to GC in the first week would be a grind and it has been. That's okay though. It's part of the game and I deal with it. This meta tends to have really close matches (within a thousand points). In those instances, I tip my cap and move on to the next. Still believe there should be 2 tiers to BG's. One for Paragons and one for everyone else. Keep the tokens and all that the same, but design the store to help get the lower progressions up to Paragon while making their experience fun.
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

This topic is rehashed every BG season. As they tinker more and more with how to resolve it, we have to consider the motives behind the game mode. Participation and the possibility of us using units on shields and shuffles.

BG's can be fun, but more often than not, it' turns into a frustrating mode when you get roadblocked. Many of the lower accounts still have expectations based on previous seasons, but I haven't run into a single low level account as I've progressed through the tiers. I got through Plat and and most of Diamond pretty straightforward, but was stuck for a couple of days in Diamond 1.

If anyone has played MK 2 (the arcade version), I feel like the algorithm is set up to make it a little more difficult as you get more medals. Not sure if that is the case. In my experience, I'd get to 3 or 4 medals then face a loaded roster or just have a really bad draw. I'd drop the next couple of matches and then the fights get easier. Oddly enough, I used a victory shield when I got to 4 and faced a slightly lower account.

With that said, I have expectations that getting to GC in the first week would be a grind and it has been. That's okay though. It's part of the game and I deal with it. This meta tends to have really close matches (within a thousand points). In those instances, I tip my cap and move on to the next. Still believe there should be 2 tiers to BG's. One for Paragons and one for everyone else. Keep the tokens and all that the same, but design the store to help get the lower progressions up to Paragon while making their experience fun.

I disagree with the last part.
    Changing the store to help lower Progression up to Paragon, It only takes doing act 7 (Which is easier than 6, and 3 r4s), BGs is not the main source of progression, yeah it should help but not be the main source of progression. Over inflating the store will also increase the gap between higher and lower.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,723 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I honestly wouldn’t mind if the team provided more in the way of participation objectives for lower accounts while letting them match freely sooner.

Also wouldn’t mind if lower progression accounts got more for beating higher progression accounts.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I honestly wouldn’t mind if the team provided more in the way of participation objectives for lower accounts while letting them match freely sooner.

Also wouldn’t mind if lower progression accounts got more for beating higher progression accounts.

Dr. Zola

See that is the right approach, give them another set of BG objectives 200-300 more every 48 hs; at the end of the month it would be 2-3k more for playing; but the 10k of GC for everyone is ridiculous
  • Options

You guys took the movie Happy Madison way too serious, in real life you can't really expect to bring your Grandpa's golf clubs and expect to win, 10k prestige roster won't make it to GC either.

Err it was Happy Gilmore 🤦
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Your argument is moot, @Ironman3000 doesn't care if they get to Plat2 actually, the problem here is the entitlement of OP wanting to get to GC with a 10k prestige account.

Come on. This is classic Motte and Bailey behaviour. He constantly replies to every poster on the lines of 'why should you be ahead of others with stronger accounts?' 'you don't deserve plat2' etc. You can't flip that into an entitlement issue given the condescending behaviour on display. Especially when it is ignored that the rewards available for just participation to higher progression accounts is infinitely better than anything given to the lower progression ones even at plat.

There is no limit on how many players can be in plat or diamond or any other VT tier. No one is blocking another groups progress in the game mode. This is a game after all, different people have different expectations and level of participation.
    You clearly can't follow the arguments.

I don't care that low players are getting to Plat 2, now that seeding is in place, because they have no effect on me. I do care that they get a free ride there then choose to cry on the forums about not being able to compete.

And the matchmaking is still sticking Paragons in Gold so although low players aren't directly blocking higher players, they are indirectly doing. If matchmaking was open from Bronze 3 on up then players would reach their own natural ceilings as opposed to the ones Kabam chooses.
  • Options

This post is clearly from someone who has no first-hand experience with top-account BGs.
  • Options

Stature said:

I don't care that low players are getting to Plat 2, now that seeding is in place, because they have no effect on me. I do care that they get a free ride there then choose to cry on the forums about not being able to compete.

And the matchmaking is still sticking Paragons in Gold so although low players aren't directly blocking higher players, they are indirectly doing. If matchmaking was open from Bronze 3 on up then players would reach their own natural ceilings as opposed to the ones Kabam chooses.
    No one is blocking anyone. I'm one of those Paragons. I don't have a developed Paragon Roster yet. That's why. I don't expect to get out of Gold beating smaller Accounts if I can't even compete among other Paragons.
  • Options

Stature said:

No one is blocking anyone. I'm one of those Paragons. I don't have a developed Paragon Roster yet. That's why. I don't expect to get out of Gold beating smaller Accounts if I can't even compete among other Paragons.
    You are just wrong on this. Kabam's matchmaking is artificially boosting some low players and stalling some mid to high players. It's a fact, not an opinion.
  • Options
    Disagree. Sorry you can't recognize the difference between a fair start and a system that can be taken advantage of.
  • Options

Disagree. Sorry you can't recognize the difference between a fair start and a system that can be taken advantage of.

Who would be taken advantage of?
    You talk about performance and skill being rewarded, if they are so skilled why are they stuck in UC with 6*? Why are they stuck in nerfed act 6 with 5r5s and 6r3s?
    There is no taking advantage when a Paragon is stuck in gold and a Cav is stuck in Plat2 complaining about not making it into GC.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    July 4th deals created a huge issue with BGs if people want to believe it or not. But wait until Cyber Monday and Christmas deals come, GC will be dominated by who the biggest spenders are because it’s already close, so mark my words.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

No, OP is entitled have you not been reading any of his replies or his other posts about BGs? If this was a simple question fair enough but it's not, OP is complaining that he's facing strong accounts in Plat, that is entitlement.
  • Options

You talk about performance and skill being rewarded, if they are so skilled why are they stuck in UC with 6*? Why are they stuck in nerfed act 6 with 5r5s and 6r3s?
    There is no taking advantage when a Paragon is stuck in gold and a Cav is stuck in Plat2 complaining about not making it into GC.
    You mean the Players camping out for the easy pickin's every Season? Yeah, I'm guaranteeing that would be a thing without some sort of system preventing it.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 105
    edited September 2023

He's probably referring to the big accounts that are intentionally tanking and camping in VT for easier matchups for event points. There is no penalty for losing in BGs. It's why VT ranks are overcrowded and small accounts slip through and make it further.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

You mean the Players camping out for the easy pickin's every Season? Yeah, I'm guaranteeing that would be a thing without some sort of system preventing it.
    Do you understand that you are talking about casual BG players? Everyone who made it to GC starts at Plat1.
    I already explained why the seeding system doesn't work when you put objectives in play for big rewards. You get casual big accounts start in lower tiers, and they don't play for BG rewards, they play for the objectives.
    We could say that the 48hr objectives are terrible too, it makes casual big account players that don't care about BGs play for just trophies.
    Every season is a bit of an exaggeration, there has been 2 seasons where people farmed 2 out of 11.
    The alliance and solo milestones are really not even worth the trouble to camp out and farm.
  • Options

Do you understand that you are talking about casual BG players? Everyone who made it to GC starts at Plat1.
    I already explained why the seeding system doesn't work when you put objectives in play for big rewards. You get casual big accounts start in lower tiers, and they don't play for BG rewards, they play for the objectives.
    We could say that the 48hr objectives are terrible too, it makes casual big account players that don't care about BGs play for just trophies.
    Every season is a bit of an exaggeration, there has been 2 seasons where people farmed 2 out of 11.
    The alliance and solo milestones are really not even worth the trouble to camp out and farm.
    I was here during conversations when Tanking was the reason intervening was suggested. Many Seasons ago. I'm aware of what's taken place.
  • Options

I was here during conversations when Tanking was the reason intervening was suggested. Many Seasons ago. I'm aware of what's taken place.
    Yes and you also exaggerated by saying every season when it was done in 2 out of 11
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★
    edited September 2023

You are just wrong on this. Kabam's matchmaking is artificially boosting some low players and stalling some mid to high players. It's a fact, not an opinion.

It is also a fact that those stalled high players are getting a lot more in BG rewards every season than the artificially boosted players you are talking about. That is the context you should use to evaluate this scenario. That is the compromise the game chose to balance participation and game experience for a broader set of players.
  • Options

Yes and you also exaggerated by saying every season when it was done in 2 out of 11
    I said without something preventing it, it would take place every Season. It honestly feels like you're trying to argue with everything I say.
  • Options
    KTPrimal said:

He's probably referring to the big accounts that are intentionally tanking and camping in VT for easier matchups for event points. There is no penalty for losing in BGs. It's why VT ranks are overcrowded and small accounts slip through and make it further.
    Oh please let's not go there, if losing ranks was put on the math some people on this post would be livid, btw i do agree that if you lose 5 matches in a row in Gold for example you should be dropped to silver.
  • Options

I said without something preventing it, it would take place every Season. It honestly feels like you're trying to argue with everything I say.
    It will happen every season regardless because of the matchmaking system and the fact that people go for the rewards and not the competition itself.
    A Paragon that only cares for the bare minimum of doing 48hr objectives will probably start in Bronze EVERY SEASON. Unless Kabam decides to fix the Plat2 fish in a barrel situation it will happen. With your complaint I guess I am getting the short end cause I made it to GC start in Plat1 against all GC players and have to grind my objectives against people who made it to GC.
    Yes I will argue everything you say because every excuse, point or example you put only benefits the lower end players. Its all about the poor little accounts that get bullied, by bigger accounts.. oh no the meanies when ALL WE WONT TO DO is play the closest thing to a PVP competition available, and that means to stop making it dull every season to make sure UC and Cavs get something.
  • Options

I have no idea what you're even talking about here GW.
  • Options
    Stature said:

It is also a fact that those stalled high players are getting a lot more in BG rewards every season than the artificially boosted players you are talking about. That is the context you should use to evaluate this scenario. That is the compromise the game chose to balance participation and game experience for a broader set of players.
    How, exactly, are players who are finishing in lower tiers "getting a lot more BG Rewards every season" than those who finish in higher tiers? You're gonna have to show your work there.