Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

7☆ Classic Vision. I'll make you a deal Kabam

So, I don't think a single soul is gonna go for this. With cyber Monday next week, banquet, and necropolis exploration I'd be tremendously surprised if you get more than 10 purchases worldwide, let alone even one.

But tell you what. Throw in a unique profile picture for the 20,000 deal, or toss in 50 2* collector crystals, and I'll purchase it immediately.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,827 ★★★★★
    Is this only available for Paragon progression tier?
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    🐋 will take the bait
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 459 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

So, I don't think a single soul is gonna go for this. With cyber Monday next week, banquet, and necropolis exploration I'd be tremendously surprised if you get more than 10 purchases worldwide, let alone even one.

I'll take that bet. What would you like to wager.
    Where would you find the statistics of purchases tho?
  • Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76
    DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

I'm actually still considering getting him. It's only $600. And as a compulsive collector I really feel like I have to. Just disappointed we don't get a profile picture.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    If i was spending 50k a year on this game I would totally drop 20k units on this just for the extra hero rating.
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    As a 95% ftp i am glad there are people buying this, keeps my fav game alive!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,251 ★★★★★

Oh no I'll miss out 😥
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

Kabam doesn't generally release precise monetization statistics, not even in private, but to settle a bet I'm pretty sure I can ask Kabam if they sold at least one of those and get a straight answer. In fact I suspect they would be more than happy to settle that particular bet. We're talking about such a low hurdle that no one could possibly think that was proprietary information. That would be like asking if there was more than one employee at the company.

The people who think Kabam doesn't sell any of these kinds of offers, or any offer really, do not understand people. If it is buyable, it has been bought. There are people that buy ten thousand dollar cosmetics in other games. There was that guy who was verified to have spent over two million dollars on one of those old timey "MMO" mobile games that amounted to just a screen with numbers on it (old time mobile gamers know what kind of game I mean). I once did a contact job for a game studio and was paid a few thousand dollars for it, and immediately spent it on microtransactions items in the same game I didn't really need, because I just wanted to support the game.

People buy what people want to buy, and the people who think it never happens or it is absurd if it happens do not understand people at all. I'm not sure it is possible to have even met any people before and think no one would take Kabam up on the Vision offer. I'm not getting it for 20k units, but I would bet all 27k of my units that way more than ten players did buy it.
  • Options
    Terra said:

KRACETOS said:

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

I'm actually still considering getting him. It's only $600. And as a compulsive collector I really feel like I have to. Just disappointed we don't get a profile picture.
    "Only 600$" 😆
    Once, in a different context involving money I was spending out of my own pocket, I actually said out loud "it is only another $50k."

I don't spend that kind of money on this game, but I know there are people who do, and that's entirely their choice. I see nothing wrong or weird about it, it just reflects the fact that the range of disposable income among the players of this game spans several orders of magnitude. There are players whose disposable income is measured in the tens or hundreds of dollars a year, and those whose disposable income is ten thousand times higher.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

Kabam doesn't generally release precise monetization statistics, not even in private, but to settle a bet I'm pretty sure I can ask Kabam if they sold at least one of those and get a straight answer. In fact I suspect they would be more than happy to settle that particular bet. We're talking about such a low hurdle that no one could possibly think that was proprietary information. That would be like asking if there was more than one employee at the company.

The people who think Kabam doesn't sell any of these kinds of offers, or any offer really, do not understand people. If it is buyable, it has been bought. There are people that buy ten thousand dollar cosmetics in other games. There was that guy who was verified to have spent over two million dollars on one of those old timey "MMO" mobile games that amounted to just a screen with numbers on it (old time mobile gamers know what kind of game I mean). I once did a contact job for a game studio and was paid a few thousand dollars for it, and immediately spent it on microtransactions items in the same game I didn't really need, because I just wanted to support the game.

People buy what people want to buy, and the people who think it never happens or it is absurd if it happens do not understand people at all. I'm not sure it is possible to have even met any people before and think no one would take Kabam up on the Vision offer. I'm not getting it for 20k units, but I would bet all 27k of my units that way more than ten players did buy it.
    Don't disagree, but do you really think they'd admit it if they sold zero?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

Agree. Kabam has a great idea about what it can charge for deals like this, and how many players are likely to buy it.
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 70
    KRACETOS said:

But tell you what. Throw in a unique profile picture for the 20,000 deal, or toss in 50 2* collector crystals, and I'll purchase it immediately.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Man, The Whales, The Whales.
  • Options
    Dukenpuke said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

Let me put it this way. The actual number is going to be high enough that saying "well, it was more than ten" is something most economy designers would be comfortable saying, as that gives literally zero information. If on the other hand they were to say "well, I'm not sure if I can say if it was more or less than ten" I would probably assume it was super low, and also that the human race was replaced by lizard people.

Would they straight up lie to me? Maybe. Probably not, but it is possible. However, I think it is a thousand times more likely that anyone who took this bet would be lying to me when they say they would honor the bet.

When you've been a professional for years, and you talk to other professionals in confidence, you generally know if they are being straight with you. There is a certain way they say well I can tell you that, but I cannot tell you this that allows you to judge their honesty. I've had candid conversations with multiple Kabam devs where I've been told things in confidence, and also told there are things even in confidence they can't say, that lead me to believe that they trust me to keep my word, and in return I trust them to be straight or be silent.

Hypothetically speaking, if a Kabam developer told me they had actually sold zero of those offers but I was not allowed to repeat that, I would simply forfeit the bet and hand over the wager, and state I could not prove my side.

But as I said, that has such a small chance of happening that planning for that contingency would be like planning for the contingency of Kabam headquarters being destroyed by an asteroid, forcing us to attempt to verify the winner of the bet by forensic analysis.

Keep in mind also, someone is going to buy it, and then show it off because of course they will. And that would eventually settle this hypothetical bet that I don't seriously think anyone would take, without any information from Kabam at all.
  • Options
    This Krapcetos guy never stops complaining... I feel bad for him, someone give this guy a hug.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dukenpuke said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

KRACETOS said:

Let me put it this way. The actual number is going to be high enough that saying "well, it was more than ten" is something most economy designers would be comfortable saying, as that gives literally zero information. If on the other hand they were to say "well, I'm not sure if I can say if it was more or less than ten" I would probably assume it was super low, and also that the human race was replaced by lizard people.

Would they straight up lie to me? Maybe. Probably not, but it is possible. However, I think it is a thousand times more likely that anyone who took this bet would be lying to me when they say they would honor the bet.

When you've been a professional for years, and you talk to other professionals in confidence, you generally know if they are being straight with you. There is a certain way they say well I can tell you that, but I cannot tell you this that allows you to judge their honesty. I've had candid conversations with multiple Kabam devs where I've been told things in confidence, and also told there are things even in confidence they can't say, that lead me to believe that they trust me to keep my word, and in return I trust them to be straight or be silent.

Hypothetically speaking, if a Kabam developer told me they had actually sold zero of those offers but I was not allowed to repeat that, I would simply forfeit the bet and hand over the wager, and state I could not prove my side.

But as I said, that has such a small chance of happening that planning for that contingency would be like planning for the contingency of Kabam headquarters being destroyed by an asteroid, forcing us to attempt to verify the winner of the bet by forensic analysis.

Keep in mind also, someone is going to buy it, and then show it off because of course they will. And that would eventually settle this hypothetical bet that I don't seriously think anyone would take, without any information from Kabam at all.
    Sure, but my main point was more that you're presuming (and you're very likely right) that they'll sell plenty of these offers, and that your access to confirmation is based on that presumption. If they misjudged for whatever reason and didn't end up selling any (or less than 10), I'm not sure that they'd be willing to confirm that, to you or to anyone, so there wouldn't be any way to confirm if you lost, only that you'd won.

However, your assertion that you would forfeit the bet and pay the winnings if you weren't able to confirm the number resolves that issue. It's all academic since there's not going to be a bet made anyway.
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    I think the profile pic included should be Unitsman. Not being sarcastic. If your gonna buy it, flaunt it. Even maybe make it animated. Unitsman making it rain.
  • Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76

This Krapcetos guy never stops complaining... I feel bad for him, someone give this guy a hug.

I just want 2*s man lmao