2»

Comments

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 824 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Guys, remember that if you have a full alliance, if everyone contributes, then most people will only have to spend 950 of your units to grab the 7* gifted guardians crystal. That alone is pretty worth it. The solo event, on the other hand, can just be ignored.

That’s about the only good blush to put on it, and I appreciate your effort. But it’s still a disappointment, plain and simple.

I would add that cost escalates quickly for folks with anything other than an active, full alliance. And there are quite a few Summoners playing in those, mainly because they love the game but don’t want to make it a career. Perhaps the solo event is for them.

Dr. Zola
    Another way to look at it is that this could be setting a precedent that kabam doesn't intend to give out the best rewards in the game during banquet (unless you're a mega whale). Imagine how garbage that would feel of having just explored necropolis for valiant and within a month, you could get the same or better rewards from banquet.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the milestones are hot garbage, but it is nice how necropolis is giving the best rewards in the game for this year, and not banquet.
    Why do people keep making this strawman argument?? Are your really arguing the next step up in rewards in the Banquet would be to make Necropolis irrelevant? Did you look at the milestones??? If you aren’t in the top 90 spenders in the world, it makes zero sense. If you even go make it to 1% in the rank rewards…. You were better off emptying the store during cyber weekend.

This argument really needs to stop

You can argue they picked the wrong balance point, but it will always be the wrong balance point for someone. They could always do more for that guy. And a little more for the next guy. And the next. Where ever you draw the line, someone will be standing half an inch from it screaming that they could have gone just a little farther but refused to do so because they are idiots.
    The milestones are from 2022. The rank rewards except for the highest spenders are significantly less than what was available in cyber weekend. Not somewhat less. Not the wrong balance point. It’s a 6 star focused event which hasn’t been relevant in 6 months with absurd unit prices to obtain it. You can’t even come close to taking a 6 star to rank 4 for 10k units without some awesome luck.

It’s also conveniently the best free to play/ low spender event there is on the calendar and people hoard/grind/pay for units to enjoy it. Instead, it’s irrelevant unless you are two progressions below the top level for the first time that I am aware of. All these factors play into the frustration and skepticism. I am confident it’s not just a poor balancing issue - I think it’s quite evident to anyone evaluating the event that this just isn’t the case.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,594 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Another way to look at it is that this could be setting a precedent that kabam doesn't intend to give out the best rewards in the game during banquet (unless you're a mega whale). Imagine how garbage that would feel of having just explored necropolis for valiant and within a month, you could get the same or better rewards from banquet.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the milestones are hot garbage, but it is nice how necropolis is giving the best rewards in the game for this year, and not banquet.

I don’t disagree that Necro should be the principal or the only way to get 7*’s to R3 at the moment. Consider the thread today that asks if Abyss is pointless—I never ran Abyss and probably never will, and it’s never negatively affected my account. That content was the result of a lot of effort and planning by the team, and it is now largely irrelevant for a lot of veteran (and even newer) players.

I would agree it’s presumptuous to think that Summoners could just buy their way to a brand new title, even if past practice suggests it should be otherwise. That demeans effort by other players and the team, and the ability to buy the title (again, cf. BF/CM) will come soon enough in the new year.

But none of that is my point. I like to think I’m reasonable, and I don’t think it is unreasonable for veteran Paragons to expect a chunk of materials to R4, R5 or even ascend a few 6*’s via Banquet.

There is some upper end rankup material (once you get about 2/3 down through the milestones), but there’s also a lot of champion acquisition materials. Unless acquisition materials imply a high shot at nabbing a new champ, things like 6* shards are pretty much ISO, gold and a splash of 7* shards for me. Yes—there’s a new 7* at the end of the milestone rainbow, but that will take a bit of work.

I suppose there will be offers for cash and units that fill in some gaps. But cash offers aren’t very Banquet-y.

Who knows though? One can always hope to be surprised.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BobsBobs Posts: 21
    I could use some T5B
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,546 ★★★★★

Last year everyone cried because R2 mats were coming too quickly. Now they're supposedly trash rewards. What a difference a year makes.

I for one am shocked that your post would be confrontational, provocative and contrary to everyone else's.

Ignore him, he's #1 Kabam white knight lol
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Guys, remember that if you have a full alliance, if everyone contributes, then most people will only have to spend 950 of your units to grab the 7* gifted guardians crystal. That alone is pretty worth it. The solo event, on the other hand, can just be ignored.

That’s about the only good blush to put on it, and I appreciate your effort. But it’s still a disappointment, plain and simple.

I would add that cost escalates quickly for folks with anything other than an active, full alliance. And there are quite a few Summoners playing in those, mainly because they love the game but don’t want to make it a career. Perhaps the solo event is for them.

Dr. Zola

Why do people keep making this strawman argument?? Are your really arguing the next step up in rewards in the Banquet would be to make Necropolis irrelevant? Did you look at the milestones??? If you aren’t in the top 90 spenders in the world, it makes zero sense. If you even go make it to 1% in the rank rewards…. You were better off emptying the store during cyber weekend.

You can argue they picked the wrong balance point, but it will always be the wrong balance point for someone. They could always do more for that guy. And a little more for the next guy. And the next. Where ever you draw the line, someone will be standing half an inch from it screaming that they could have gone just a little farther but refused to do so because they are idiots.
    The milestones are from 2022. The rank rewards except for the highest spenders are significantly less than what was available in cyber weekend. Not somewhat less. Not the wrong balance point. It’s a 6 star focused event which hasn’t been relevant in 6 months with absurd unit prices to obtain it. You can’t even come close to taking a 6 star to rank 4 for 10k units without some awesome luck.

It’s also conveniently the best free to play/ low spender event there is on the calendar and people hoard/grind/pay for units to enjoy it. Instead, it’s irrelevant unless you are two progressions below the top level for the first time that I am aware of. All these factors play into the frustration and skepticism. I am confident it’s not just a poor balancing issue - I think it’s quite evident to anyone evaluating the event that this just isn’t the case.
    I probably agree more with your assessment than you realize. However, while we can quibble with the qualitative judgments (like the degree to which we call things "irrelevant") my point is not that you're wrong, it is that what you're observing is deliberate, intentional, and has good reasons for being so.

Maybe those reasons aren't convincing for you, but if you were responsible for the long term health of the game and you felt something was important enough, I'm pretty sure you'd act upon it no matter what the short term complaints were. That's ultimately why the devs do what they do when it comes to rewards. We can all agree to disagree, but the bottom line is when it is your responsibility, you're not going to leave your decision to a poll.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Eh Im fine with it, I love necro and onslaught its probably my new most wanted champ. Also I like that banquet is a little butt this year, so now spenders and whales wont **** on us further, and low level people don't get their early/midgame trivialized. (they probably will anyway tho)
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola

I probably agree more with your assessment than you realize. However, while we can quibble with the qualitative judgments (like the degree to which we call things "irrelevant") my point is not that you're wrong, it is that what you're observing is deliberate, intentional, and has good reasons for being so.

Maybe those reasons aren't convincing for you, but if you were responsible for the long term health of the game and you felt something was important enough, I'm pretty sure you'd act upon it no matter what the short term complaints were. That's ultimately why the devs do what they do when it comes to rewards. We can all agree to disagree, but the bottom line is when it is your responsibility, you're not going to leave your decision to a poll.
    Seems then the ones that were responsible for the long term health of the game, missed the mark with 4th July and 7*r3s after six months of their introduction.
    They were warned by many veteran players that they speed up too fast the game economy, but they ignored that and kept opening 7* ranks.
    Now they seem like being in panic and doing clumsy steers in the game economy to correct things.
    CW deals were underwhelming because of this reason, but Banquet rewards can’t even be called underwhelming, they are completely irrelevant for Valiant/Paragon+ players.
    You don’t correct a mistake with another mistake.
    They overdid it with offering too much, now they overdoing it with offering too little.
    They can’t reverse the game economy to what it was last year, they should know better, but they could just slow things down.
    Since 7*r3s are a thing, Banquet rewards should been around 7*r2/6*r5 rank up mats and ascension, not reverting the game economy back to 2022 and offering 6*r4 stuff.
    This year’s Banquet it’s already a fail before it even started.
    Most advanced accounts will spend just enough to reach the Deathless Guillotine piece 🙂