Alliance war new globals make it borderline unplayable

Comments

• Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited December 2023

Another 300+ deaths war, because the tactic is "slightly" difficult
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 674 ★★★★
    As i said in another post, me and the other officials in my alliance already enter in a consensus about spending just 40% revives and not a single potion or amp, the rewards are not worth the trouble
    The amount of loyalty spent would be too insane
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    My BG, put up 140 deaths in T2… lol
  • Options
    NeinoIIINeinoIII Posts: 63
    FunnyDude said:

Another 300+ deaths war, because the tactic is "slightly" difficult

Glad to see we aren't the only ones putting up 300+ deaths. Climbed our way to Plat 2 a few seasons ago just to have this season ruin it all 🙃

Even if we wanted to keep "pushing", I'm pretty sure half the alliance would rather quit than waste resources trying to deal with the tactic.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    JuroSan said:

@Kabam Miike off season is over and my alliance didn’t get a single chance to test the new AW tactics because everyone we faced didn’t place the boss. You guys made a good change so when boss is down the tactic still stays on tactic defenders so why when alliances don’t place a boss the tactic is removed from all tactic defenders?
    It’s gonna be hard to face the new tactic with the higher difficulty without getting a single chance to test it.

It's true. This is a separate issue but it did happen to us as well. Some alliances decided not to place the boss to gain an unfair advantage against their opponents. Some alliances got to practice, some others didn't get to. Not to mention the main issue at hand being the fact that the globals are flawed by design
  • Options
    JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    Someone pls point out one thing that is interesting or challenging or enjoyable about this tactic. Or even one thing that requires skill.
    All these years we learned to perfectly evade specials, now what’s the point in just standing there and face blocking them?!

Taunt is not a reliable debuff and a game mechanic, it doesn’t work half the time and doesn’t make the opponent more aggressive. It just messes with the AI and that is already acting weird and trying to intercept can just cost you health. And 10 seconds is just too short and on some nodes you don’t have that much room if there’s extra powergain to have the defender throw a special while that short taunt is on them.
    None of this requires skill.

My only guess on what was behind designing this tactic is:
    Last two seasons death count was very low, so let’s design something that could result in many deaths. Which is ok if it was something interesting challenging or skill-intensive
    And it’s none of that

I seriously would love to hear one interesting thing about this design!
  • Options
    JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    Amms90 said:

JuroSan said:

@Kabam Miike off season is over and my alliance didn’t get a single chance to test the new AW tactics because everyone we faced didn’t place the boss. You guys made a good change so when boss is down the tactic still stays on tactic defenders so why when alliances don’t place a boss the tactic is removed from all tactic defenders?
    It’s gonna be hard to face the new tactic with the higher difficulty without getting a single chance to test it.

It's true. This is a separate issue but it did happen to us as well. Some alliances decided not to place the boss to gain an unfair advantage against their opponents. Some alliances got to practice, some others didn't get to. Not to mention the main issue at hand being the fact that the globals are flawed by design
    BTW thanks for posting this issue, I wish we could get a better response
  • Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25
    However I confirm, now after a few off-season wars the new global is absolutely unplayable, my goodness
  • Options

Another ugly win, not sure what's the point of these tactics, more and more players agreed to only use 40% revives, this makes a lot of senses to me, nobody wants to spend 2 odins on potions per season.
  • Options
    Ton90Ton90 Posts: 1
    The new global node of alliance wars makes the difficulty of wars too exaggerated. Some paths are impossible to do. Recalibrate the global node and the tactic
  • Options
    alberto9696alberto9696 Posts: 1
    i never had any problem with previous globals because they were balanced. even this one could be potentially balanced if they rework it a little bit. like REMOVING the extra damage from the specials. it will be already better..or make another way to remove the dautend as mentioned before from others by a heavy attack as well. this global has a lot to take care but you got nothing to protect yourself with. ok u can parry the unbloccable but yet they have 30/60%+ damage so you will eventually dieafter 2/3 specials. i like the idea of this global but it is executed very badly.
    kabam fix it. the idea is there but need to be fixed a little bit.
  • Options
    TEXTEX Posts: 3
    This increase in difficulty is useless and only makes the desire to play go away...
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 780 ★★★★
    I’m nowhere near the war tiers where this matters but from and outside perspective, if this is really performing the way the game team wants it too, I think they should have communicated ahead of the season that this season will likely result in way more deaths. Seeing deaths in the several hundreds range seems like a major shift and some forewarning that it was expected and intended would have gone a long way.

A lot of things do get communicated well but it seems like war related things don’t lately. We got very few answers when the new war system was rolled out and now this. Might be an area for the team to look at in terms of the communication process.
  • Options

The current war, I bet it's not going to end gracefully
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    I guess we’re stuck with it for the season.

My alliance decided we’re not taking this season seriously. 1 Loyalty revives all the way.

Apparently many high tier allies will be doing the same.

This season will probably have the most deaths ever, and lowest item usage ever.
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 483 ★★
    Only the strongest will survive...good to everyone
  • Options
    Keltan said:

Only the strongest will survive...good to everyone

If you are in GT40, you have all the rights to say anything, otherwise you don't know what you are talking about.