**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Alliance war new globals make it borderline unplayable

Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
As the title says, there are a few issues that I'm going to bring up in this post.

For starters, I want to clarify that we play in tier 1, so every aspect of the nodes that I will bring up concerns the version of the nodes that is present in tier 1. I watched videos from tier 3 and given the different structure of the nodes that makes it way easier to deal with.

That said, first thing to mention is that, according to the descriptions, both the defense global crush and the attack global sturdy are INDEED working as intended. Except for a bug we encountered in a certain match up, but, from our testing, that was an exception.

Bugged interaction: attacker zemo vs defender spot: after spot throws a special attack with 2 daunted effects, zemo gets rooted. Working as intended. The player with zemo dodged/blocked the special attack from spot. At the end of the special attack, root effect should end. This is what happens with the other champs. But in our fight the root was permanent on zemo. So basically the player had to dodge/block hits until he reached a bar of power to finally throw an sp1 and free himself from the root. So the issue here was: permanent root after the defender's special attack. I can provide video evidence if needed. The node was node 5, first node on path 5.

But like I said, this was a bugged interaction which didn't occur in other fights. So now I want to comment on the nodes themselves, when they're working as intended:

-crush defense tactic is a tactic that is built in 2 parts, both of which depend on daunted effects.

first part: in tier 1, when the defender fills 1 bar of power, the attacker is inflicted with 2 daunted effects. If the defender throws a special with 2 daunted effects on the attacker, the attacker passively gets rooted for the duration of the special attack. This actually means that every single special attack will root the attacker, because the moment the defender fills 1 bar of power the attacker gains 2 daunted effects and they last forever so they basically never expire. Rather, as the fight goes on, the daunted effects keep piling up. 25 seconds duration for daunted effects means you can't possibly stall for that long to make them go away.

second part: in tier 1, when the defender throws a special they have a 20% per daunted effects on the attacker to make the special attack go passively unblockable. When the defender throws a special, they have at the very least 2 daunted effects on the attacker, which means 40% chance minimum for the special to go unblockable. It's not the problem of the node in my opinion.

-sturdy attack tactic is also built in 2 parts:
first part: in tier 1, if you intercept the opponent, you apply a 10 seconds taunt passive (in game description says debuff but it's actually passive, which makes more sense). If the defender throws a special while THIS taunt is actve on them, the defender has all the remaining power drained.

second part: in tier 1, if the defender's power is drained and goes to 0, the attacker gains a steadfast passive (in game description says buff, but it's a passive. Again, the passive makes more sense so it's not affected by abilities/nodes) for 10 seconds. This steadfast effect allows the attacker to block unblockable attacks for the duration of the steadfast.

so basically the first part of the node, concerning the taunt, is what allows you to make sure you activate the second part of the node. In fact, if you intercept the defender and they throw a special while taunted, their power goes automatically to 0 (if for example they have 1,5 bars of power they go to exactly 0 power), which instantly gives the attacker a steadfast passive to block the unblockable special attack from the defender. The taunt from the intercept is not exactly the only way to gain the steadfast passive, because if you bring a tactic attacker with power control that makes the defender's power go to 0 by other means, you still gain a steadfast passive.

What I want to say is that the interactions work and the nodes themselves make sense. Crush penalizes non tactic attacker because you find yourself having to dex unblockable specials while rooted. This makes it a very solid defense tactic. Sturdy doesn't affect the root from the defender, but as long as you can just block the whole special attack, that's not an issue. Right?

Well, here comes the REAL PROBLEM:

DAUNTED EFFECTS BOOST THE DEFENDER'S SPECIAL ATTACK DAMAGE, 15% PER DAUNTED EFFECT. STURDY DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DEAL WITH THAT!!!

If I play the nodes correctly, I want to intercept the defender to make sure I can block their unblockable special attack. Too bad I lose some 20-30% health for special attack blocked, depending on the defender's rank, stat focus (maybe block penetration if they're 7s stars?), nodes modifiers (maybe the defender gains prowess effects?), daunted effects... This is what BREAKS THE TACTICS!!! I have absolutely no advantage when using an attack tactic other than not dying to a single unblockable special. But I can die to 2-3 specials on the block anyways. And there is nothing you can do to prevent that. Like I said earlier, the daunted effects last 25 seconds so they keep piling up. It's possible that you lose some 10-15% health to block damage on the first special but when the second special comes you already have 4 daunted effects on you and that means the damage is increased.

Currently, the attack tactic is flawed by concept, because it does nothing to mitigate block damage or to deal with daunted effects. All it does is allow you to block unblockable specials, which still destroy you on your block. This means there's no way we can play aw season with these nodes. It'd be better to just ignore the nodes altogether and use nuke options or quake/magik to prevent the defender from ever throwing a single special attack. Or else it takes a super skilled player who can dex unblockable specials in the root from each and every tactic defender. But then again if you do this you just don't bring a tactic attacker. You can use whatever champ if this is the way to play the node. Because there is no real advantage to using tactic attackers. This is why the current tactics are unbalanced. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope kabam team can look into this situation, maybe checking the data from the past off season wars. It's very very easy to die to a tactic defender, even if you do play by the nodes. Not to mention if you don't. I tried to dex silk's last hits from sp1, with 4 daunted effects on me. The very last kick from silk hit me, it was a 12k crit with 36k damage in red numbers. I had 6s r4 jabari vs 7s r3 silk. A single kick from silk's sp1 killed me. I had 80% health . The 20% health lost was due to blocking the first sp1 and part of the second sp1. This is just unplayable frankly speaking.

Comments

• Options
    Nanosama said:

Had the same problem with a Zemo against a Void on defense, tier 1 AW, L5T2, 1st node.
    The root did not dissipate at the end of Void’s SP.

So zemo is bugged against global, regardless of defenders and local nodes? Weird
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 153
    Stupidly OP Defense tactic @Amms90 thanks for the detailed explanation. I didnt recognize the attack Bonus on Specials so got killed bei the second Hit auf Dominos l1 with 85% Health remaining on my r4 Ultron. They have to do something about it
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Even tier 3 isn't better, I took a sp2 from apoc using Fam and lost 80% health....

Was path 6 so he had a prowess, 4 daunted and I was sat with 10 armour ups and I cant dex the 3 blasts from apoc consistently in normal circumstances never mind whilst rooted 🤦‍♂️

This tactic is either fully intentional to cost us a tonne of units since Kabam didn't bother to fix the potion situation properly OR complete oversight/negligence from the dev team who came up with it not realising what the node combination actually does

I told my alliance that we would need to be placing Apocalypse immediately, as his specials would be devastating in this meta.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 333 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Even tier 3 isn't better, I took a sp2 from apoc using Fam and lost 80% health....

Was path 6 so he had a prowess, 4 daunted and I was sat with 10 armour ups and I cant dex the 3 blasts from apoc consistently in normal circumstances never mind whilst rooted 🤦‍♂️

This tactic is either fully intentional to cost us a tonne of units since Kabam didn't bother to fix the potion situation properly OR complete oversight/negligence from the dev team who came up with it not realising what the node combination actually does

I told my alliance that we would need to be placing Apocalypse immediately, as his specials would be devastating in this meta.
    Honestly they are and almost impossible to dex... but I'd say same about the likes of QS, spiderham... imagine Joe fixit sp1, he gets block penetration as it is, then the daunted and if its unblockable the bleeds Will kill for sure
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Honestly they are and almost impossible to dex... but I'd say same about the likes of QS, spiderham... imagine Joe fixit sp1, he gets block penetration as it is, then the daunted and if its unblockable the bleeds Will kill for sure
    We had one of our weaker players running lane 4, and a Joe fix it on that completely shut him down. And I’ve already fought Quicksilver on 41, and it was a complete disaster.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

We had one of our weaker players running lane 4, and a Joe fix it on that completely shut him down. And I’ve already fought Quicksilver on 41, and it was a complete disaster.
    Just wait till you see the r5 sig 200 ascended onslaught bosses that every alliance has 3 of 🤣
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I’ve fought apoc 3 times in new meta and it’s a ridiculous fight.
  • Options
    The global is definitely very tough. The block damage is really crazy from what i've tested.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Thecurler said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I’ve fought apoc 3 times in new meta and it’s a ridiculous fight.
    What do we think are some great options overall for this? Like, Ironman doesn’t even need the tactic against mutants. And he’s tanky enough that he might be able to take it. Shuri
    seems like she’s going to be good. Maybe Scorp? Of course anyone that we identify that’s really going to work are just going to be the ones to get banned, because we’re all jerks.
    Fam is best option I've found, slap on armour burn tactic and never let them throw a special
  • Options
    Update: we found a second instance of permanent root and this time around the attacker wasn't zemo... And the defender was spider gwen. Her sp2 just completely missed the mark. Like it landed a couple steps away from the attacker. And after the animation was over the attacker was still rooted...
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Another instance of permanent root with mantis vs voids sp2.
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 153
    Also in combination with bubble shield added to the Boss node this will Double the fun :|
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 77
    Nice post OP I hope this gets more traction there is quite a few bugs from testing on tier 1 war.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,629 ★★★★★
    Hopefully with the level of detail in this post we will get a response. The launch of a new tactic was one of my pet peeves with Holiday wars as it feels like most new tactics this year have needed to be fixed prior to starting the season. Not surprised to see this is no exception. It’s been over a week of feedback on the timing and questions about this tactic. It seems like the attack tactic is trash in every way that matters though and champs like Quake, Magik, Doom, and Titania are better plays. What’s that tell the team?
  • Options
    Gonzo210Gonzo210 Posts: 7
    did they mention how are war rating is losing points in off season as well?
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 489 ★★★★
    Gonzo210 said:

did they mention how are war rating is losing points in off season as well?

Never, not the first time, not the last time, my experience is, pay attention to the first off-season war if you care about the rating and don't want to drop tier.
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 66
    It's time for extending the off-season and use more testing and adjusting the tactics as well as making the attacker tactic better or nerf the defensive tactic needs to be nerfed
  • Options
    champ9090champ9090 Posts: 48
    Tier 1 as well. Yeah, this blows.